Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFR The Royal Mail 12:03 - Jun 9 with 5977 views49thseason

I have just sent this to the CEO and the Complaints Dept. Is anyone else having problems?
Dear Sir/ Madam
On Monday a white van stopped outside my home, a man in a Hi-Viz got out and dropped a parcel in front of my garage in plain view of the road, jumped back into his van and drove off
I was expecting a 1m Spirit Level, inside the small box he left was a silver trinket box!
It was addressed to a house half a mile away.
I decided to deliver the parcel myself.
On arriving at the address, there was no one home so I left a message on their digital doorbell.
The parcel I was expecting to be delivered was marked as “delivered” on your tracking system.
I tried to call you but apparently no one works on Monday afternoons...

On Tuesday the correct owners of the trinket box turned up and collected their parcel with grateful thanks.

The next day, Wednesday, a neighbour contacted me. A woman about half a mile away in the opposite direction had received a parcel meant for me and had posted a request on Facebook for anyone who knew me to get in touch as she was disabled and couldn’t deliver it herself.

I went round and found my Spirit Level at her house , it had been shoved through her letter box! She had not been expecting a parcel!

So now after a game of “pass the parcel”, and thanks to the honesty of the people involved everyone had the parcel they were expecting.

Today, Friday, I get a call from The Royal Mail, unfortunately I didn’t get to the phone on time and it went to answer phone and switched off, I rang back and found myself in a Byzantine Labyrinth of button pressing and questions, none of which I could answer as you rang me!

If this is an example of how the Royal Mail treats is customers and their parcels, it is a very poor one, Fortunately for you, honesty and ingenuity has overcome your ineptness and and frankly appalling, delivery system. Do you actually employ people who can’t read? It seems like it!

My previous experience of a Royal Mail delivery involved some live plants, well, they were alive when they left the Nursery, they arrived 12 days later, having been delivered to the wrong address and eventually that person walked up the street with them.

I note you charged the sender of the parcel you dropped outside my Garage nearly £5 to have the parcel “signed for”
Clearly if you are charging for this service and just dropping parcels off in front of peoples houses in plain view, you are participating in a fraud. What is to stop someone simply following your vans and picking up the parcels?

Frankly, I don’t expect to hear your apologies or explanations for this embarrassing episode. But I shall be posting this letter on my social media channels far and wide, and as you should know, a dissatisfied customer will tell everyone about their poor service. I understand the The Royal Mail is close to going bust, perhaps you will remember this incident when you are in the queue at the job centre? Its all a bit shit isn’t it?
NFR The Royal Mail on 12:16 - Jun 9 with 5252 views1mark1

Disgraceful service, but no surprise. The biggest problem they have is the fact that they are slowly but surely replacing full time permanent staff who know the job inside out, with part time casual staff who don't know the job inside out, and who quite frankly don't give a damn, but are on strict targets that are getting tighter and tighter. This is all to do with providing more and more dividends to the shareholders and higher and higher salaries and performance bonuses to the top echelons of the organisation. This is what the current dispute is about as well as pay.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

NFR The Royal Mail on 12:41 - Jun 9 with 5196 viewsBrierls

I assume you emailed that? If you've posted it's probably ended up in Tarquin's in-tray at the The Royal Yacht Club half a mile away.
NFR The Royal Mail on 14:54 - Jun 9 with 4980 viewsDalenet

NFR The Royal Mail on 12:16 - Jun 9 by 1mark1

Disgraceful service, but no surprise. The biggest problem they have is the fact that they are slowly but surely replacing full time permanent staff who know the job inside out, with part time casual staff who don't know the job inside out, and who quite frankly don't give a damn, but are on strict targets that are getting tighter and tighter. This is all to do with providing more and more dividends to the shareholders and higher and higher salaries and performance bonuses to the top echelons of the organisation. This is what the current dispute is about as well as pay.

I thought the postmen were shareholders. Seems like the John Lewis approach has evaded the Royal Mail - although to be fair they are pretty decent where I live.
NFR The Royal Mail on 15:14 - Jun 9 with 4946 viewsnordenblue

You want to be grateful it wasn't Evri that delivered it instead, you've done well if it finds the correct county nevermind postcode....
NFR The Royal Mail on 15:14 - Jun 9 with 4946 viewsDaleiLama

NFR The Royal Mail on 12:16 - Jun 9 by 1mark1

Sounds disturbingly similar to the MO of water companies who literally dumped shit in rivers and the sea rather than spend money treating it to the detriment of their shareholders. I hope more people out Royal Mail's disgraceful behaviour like Feargal Sharkey did with water companies (although RM in my area are pretty decent I have to say).

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFR The Royal Mail on 15:21 - Jun 9 with 4930 viewsEllDale

Has anyone else noticed how spasmodic postal deliveries have become?
We used to see a postman every day but now we seem to get a deluge of letters twice a week?
NFR The Royal Mail on 15:25 - Jun 9 with 4922 viewselectricblue

We reqular get mail posted in the post box on thecwall next to the front door for property with the same number but different street...

So i started to collect them and in roughly 2 weeks we must have had almost a dozen letters.
As i was at home the following week during the time we get mail delivered i thought i will have him....
The day came and the dogs when nuts as soon as they heard the front gate open and as i got to the front door this neanderthal was trying to ram a huge envelope that hand been rolled up through the letter box..
I opened the door and the guy still tried to step into our hallway and ram the item..
I said Oi do you mind..
Why didnt you knock!
He looked at me with a thick as f@@k look i removed the envelope and it ws a proprty 6 streets away.
I gave him the letters i had collected and told him that they where for other people on different streets and all i got in reply was'what do you want me to do'
Deliver them to the correct address for a start..
Not for me to do came the arrogant reply..
I rammed them into his chest told him to take them and he walked away..
Staggeringly he lifted his glasses onto his forehead to read the addresses ffs ive seen it all(well i thought i had).
The guy put them into the postbox on the street corner then walked 10ft away opened his van door and got a mail sack out and then went to empty the post box all i could see was those in his hands as it was emptied an hour earlier...

I phoned the local branch to complain gave them the van reg and the guys description..

Fair to say i never did see him again...

And yes we still get other people mail on other streets and as we have a nice little petite post lady i walk over the road and mail them in the post box.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

NFR The Royal Mail on 15:29 - Jun 9 with 4915 views1mark1

NFR The Royal Mail on 14:54 - Jun 9 by Dalenet

I thought the postmen were shareholders. Seems like the John Lewis approach has evaded the Royal Mail - although to be fair they are pretty decent where I live.

When it was priviteised 10% of shares were offered to permanent staff. Now with a certain number having left, and obviously some selling off their shares to boost their income, the amount in employee hands will be much lower. The company's biggest shareholder is Czech billionaire Daniel Křetínský, who controls the group Vesa Equity Investment. He has been dubbed the Czech Sphinx, due to his enigmatic business approach. Mr Křetínský, who also has stakes in Sainsbury's and West Ham United, became the largest shareholder at Royal Mail in 2020.

According to We own it, a pro state owned organisation

68% of us want Royal Mail in public ownership.

By bringing Royal Mail into public ownership, we'd save £171 million a year, enough to open 342 new Crown Post Offices with post banks.

Our research, in collaboration with the New Economics Foundation, shows that by just 2025 — only 10 years after the sale — we’ll be worse off than if Royal Mail had remained public.

Meanwhile, postage costs for senders have more than doubled in the last decade. In 2019, following the biggest price rise in 5 years, Royal Mail was forced to apologise after hiking stamp prices up by an amount that breached Ofcom’s price cap.

Royal Mail has paid out over £884 million to shareholders in the last three years. In the last year alone, three of the top bosses were paid nearly £4 million between them, with company profits of more than £750m. Meanwhile in work poverty is rising, with workers paid an average of £11.89 per hour.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Login to get fewer ads

NFR The Royal Mail on 15:39 - Jun 9 with 4889 viewsforeverhopefulDale

NFR The Royal Mail on 15:21 - Jun 9 by EllDale

We used to see a postman every day but now we seem to get a deluge of letters twice a week?

I notice that too. I certainly think it's far worse service now than it used to be, but nearly every public service seems to have deteriorated in the last few years, despite the efforts of staff. Out of all the public services that were sold off, only BT seems to have improved, mainly due to the competition offered by Virgin, Sky etc.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

NFR The Royal Mail on 15:50 - Jun 9 with 4867 viewsDalenet

NFR The Royal Mail on 15:29 - Jun 9 by 1mark1

When it was priviteised 10% of shares were offered to permanent staff. Now with a certain number having left, and obviously some selling off their shares to boost their income, the amount in employee hands will be much lower. The company's biggest shareholder is Czech billionaire Daniel Křetínský, who controls the group Vesa Equity Investment. He has been dubbed the Czech Sphinx, due to his enigmatic business approach. Mr Křetínský, who also has stakes in Sainsbury's and West Ham United, became the largest shareholder at Royal Mail in 2020.

According to We own it, a pro state owned organisation

68% of us want Royal Mail in public ownership.

By bringing Royal Mail into public ownership, we'd save £171 million a year, enough to open 342 new Crown Post Offices with post banks.

Our research, in collaboration with the New Economics Foundation, shows that by just 2025 — only 10 years after the sale — we’ll be worse off than if Royal Mail had remained public.

Meanwhile, postage costs for senders have more than doubled in the last decade. In 2019, following the biggest price rise in 5 years, Royal Mail was forced to apologise after hiking stamp prices up by an amount that breached Ofcom’s price cap.

Royal Mail has paid out over £884 million to shareholders in the last three years. In the last year alone, three of the top bosses were paid nearly £4 million between them, with company profits of more than £750m. Meanwhile in work poverty is rising, with workers paid an average of £11.89 per hour.

Thanks for sharing that. All interesting. I think they decided that Royal Mail had to compete with private mail/parcel companies or else. The mass cock up at POCL that incriminated sub postmasters was shocking. Mind you Horizon was decades late and way over budget and nobody would admit it was wrong. There isn't much left that are crown offices. But to be fair I am happier with my local sub post office being open from 6am to 10pm 7 days a week - far more convenient.

It is a far cry from when we had Girobank that generated all the cash for post offices because it processed 30p in the £ of all retailers cash takings and recycled it through the Post Offices - who then used it to pay benefits and pensions. Automated banking has taken all of that away. But at the time the Post Office management didn't want change and didn't want Post Offices to become banking hubs.
NFR The Royal Mail on 16:49 - Jun 9 with 4778 viewsblackdogblue

I had to pay a charge online recently… yes it was real and not a scam to get a letter…

It turned out it was for someone using a counterfeit stamp… not a used one but actually was fake…

What do you expect from a thieving magpie NCFC fan ex-poster on here… he got more than Fook Off believe me 😎

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

NFR The Royal Mail on 17:49 - Jun 9 with 4685 viewsrichfoad32

As someone who has worked for Royal Mail and been a postman 25 years, I can only apologise for the abysmal service it has become. I can't speak for every office, but I should imagine the majority like mine are desperately understaffed and morale amongst the workforce has hit rock bottom. Whole rounds are left in the office for days on end because there's nobody to cover them and anybody taking their scheduled days off can expect to come back to two days work the following day and constantly having to play catch up to get up straight. I have a week off next week and am already dreading the mess I will have to return to.

They've tried to take on agency staff to clear the backlog of packets and they're just sent out to get on with it without any training, hence a catalogue of errors. I shared a van with a new starter last week and left him to do a block of flats, 30 mins later he hadn't returned so I went to look for him and found his bag abandoned and no sign of him, he hasn't been seen since. The trouble is, especially this time of year, a lot of people seem to have some romantic notion that the job is just a stroll around in the sun and whilst it's not digging roads, it does require a fair amount of fitness.

The thing is, the work is there, online shopping is at an all time high and if somebody could get hold of the company and run it correctly it could still be a viable business. As it is I really fear for the future and whether I'll still have a job in a few years. The vast majority of us want to do our best for customers and provide the service they've paid for but it's like fighting a losing battle at the moment.
NFR The Royal Mail on 18:27 - Jun 9 with 4623 views49thseason

An interesting perspective, thanks Rich, It often seems to me that many companies are run by people who simply do not understand the basics of the business they are in. I bet few have actually done the postmans job and simply spend all day playing with spreadsheets and dreaming up ways to " improve" the bottom line rather than going out to see how difficult things are on the front line. In reality they think the business is impregnable because the volume of packegas is growing daily, the fact that they are pissing of customers at an even faster rate never occurs to them eventually people will vote with their feet, as I will next Christmas and not send out most of my Christmas cards by post, at 75p for a stamp its cheaper to fire up the diesel and deliver 75% of them!
NFR The Royal Mail on 18:56 - Jun 9 with 4561 viewsEllGazzell

I'd imagine that Royal Mail are suffering for similar reasons as the Czech national post service - they are duty-bound to provide service to the whole country. This means running services to places which need boats and helicopters in remote areas etc - which cost a great deal and return at most the price of a few stamps!!

The Czech Post is struggling a little cos the courier companies are taking the juicy contracts at low-cost because they only take on the deliveries which will turn a profit due to high volume in the big cities.

The difference here is that these things are State-owned enterprises - they run as publicly traded businesses but are owned by the state. It is a kind of privatisation but the state buys the majority of the shares. It works fantastically well, and keeps politicians away from actually "running" these things.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

NFR The Royal Mail on 19:01 - Jun 9 with 4545 viewskel

NFR The Royal Mail on 18:56 - Jun 9 by EllGazzell

I'd imagine that Royal Mail are suffering for similar reasons as the Czech national post service - they are duty-bound to provide service to the whole country. This means running services to places which need boats and helicopters in remote areas etc - which cost a great deal and return at most the price of a few stamps!!

The Czech Post is struggling a little cos the courier companies are taking the juicy contracts at low-cost because they only take on the deliveries which will turn a profit due to high volume in the big cities.

The difference here is that these things are State-owned enterprises - they run as publicly traded businesses but are owned by the state. It is a kind of privatisation but the state buys the majority of the shares. It works fantastically well, and keeps politicians away from actually "running" these things.

I’d have put money on it being better in the Czech Republic…
NFR The Royal Mail on 19:22 - Jun 9 with 4487 viewsjudd

Once heard of a postman phoning in sick because his wife thought she'd seen a ghost.

Poll: What is it to be then?

NFR The Royal Mail on 19:28 - Jun 9 with 4481 viewsEllGazzell

NFR The Royal Mail on 19:01 - Jun 9 by kel

I’d have put money on it being better in the Czech Republic…

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

NFR The Royal Mail on 19:50 - Jun 9 with 4396 viewsfinberty

NFR The Royal Mail on 15:39 - Jun 9 by foreverhopefulDale

I notice that too. I certainly think it's far worse service now than it used to be, but nearly every public service seems to have deteriorated in the last few years, despite the efforts of staff. Out of all the public services that were sold off, only BT seems to have improved, mainly due to the competition offered by Virgin, Sky etc.

Aye well ..... I switched away from Sky to BT for broadband and telly, only to find, after I'd cancelled Sky, that BT had cancelled my order within seconds of me placing it, but without telling me.

I went back to Sky who reinstated my broadband within a few short days, then upgraded it at the 'new customer' rate, and the telly has been reorganised at a lower cost.

So even BT didn't come up to par for me I'm afraid. Doubtless other will have other experiences.
NFR The Royal Mail on 20:21 - Jun 9 with 4344 viewsjudd

Another postman called in sick having cut his toe nails too short.

In the bath.

Poll: What is it to be then?

NFR The Royal Mail on 20:48 - Jun 9 with 4307 viewsforeverhopefulDale

NFR The Royal Mail on 19:50 - Jun 9 by finberty

Aye well ..... I switched away from Sky to BT for broadband and telly, only to find, after I'd cancelled Sky, that BT had cancelled my order within seconds of me placing it, but without telling me.

I went back to Sky who reinstated my broadband within a few short days, then upgraded it at the 'new customer' rate, and the telly has been reorganised at a lower cost.

So even BT didn't come up to par for me I'm afraid. Doubtless other will have other experiences.

Fair enough. So that makes it zero ex state companies that are much use. As an industry telecommunications has improved, whether or not the privatisation of BT helped or not is up for debate.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

NFR The Royal Mail on 15:20 - Jun 12 with 3700 viewsArthurDaley

NFR The Royal Mail on 15:21 - Jun 9 by EllDale

Same as the top end of Heights Lane.

A large VAT Dave

NFR The Royal Mail on 15:07 - Jun 15 with 3238 viewsDaleiLama

On an unrelated NFR theme, I just heard Angela Rayner describe Boris as a pound-shop Trump. Caused a chuckle.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

NFR The Royal Mail on 15:21 - Jun 15 with 3224 viewsturnthescrew

NFR The Royal Mail on 15:07 - Jun 15 by DaleiLama

On an unrelated NFR theme, I just heard Angela Rayner describe Boris as a pound-shop Trump. Caused a chuckle.

That's rich coming )from a blow-up doll.
NFR The Royal Mail on 15:39 - Jun 15 with 3194 views49thseason

NFR The Royal Mail on 16:10 - Jun 15 with 3144 viewsSuddenLad

NFR The Royal Mail on 15:39 - Jun 15 by 49thseason

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024