Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger 13:05 - Aug 11 with 5570 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger 11th Aug 2023 13:04
Rochdale look set to make another signing as the massive summer rebuild continues with a much needed winger joining the ranks. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 13:09 - Aug 11 with 5530 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Wow, what next..and we paid a fee for him?
Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 13:18 - Aug 11 with 5459 viewsD_Alien

""I've always told myself to get back up and keep going whenever I've had setbacks,"

That's the kind of self-motivation i like to hear, and sounds like he's needed it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 13:23 - Aug 11 with 5435 viewsDaleiLama

Looking forward to rkershaw's contribution to this thread. Think this one might have to be an instrumental?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 13:31 - Aug 11 with 5395 viewsjonahwhereru

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 13:18 - Aug 11 by D_Alien

""I've always told myself to get back up and keep going whenever I've had setbacks,"

That's the kind of self-motivation i like to hear, and sounds like he's needed it

Indeed. The lad has already shown plenty of bottle for someone of his age.
The signing does represent a bit of a gamble, having made just four starts at this level, albeit for a very decent team. However i’m Sure it doesn’t represent as big a gamble as Campbell et al, so that will do for me.
Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 13:44 - Aug 11 with 5333 viewsChaffRAFC

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 13:09 - Aug 11 by Yorkshire_Dale

I would imagine this is a very small nominal fee where the combined fee and wage works out cheaper than a wage the size of James Ball or Richard O'Donnell for example.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 14:11 - Aug 11 with 5190 viewsste1

Looks like he would be handy at arm wrestling too

On a pale blue dot

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 14:54 - Aug 11 with 5010 viewsrkershaw

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 14:11 - Aug 11 by ste1

He's giving Adama Traore a run for his money with those guns!!
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 14:54]
Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 15:24 - Aug 11 with 4864 viewsD_Alien

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 14:11 - Aug 11 by ste1

I presume Lee Thorpe will be advising him against it...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 15:40 - Aug 11 with 4777 viewsA_Newby

I saw him play at the Chesterfield vs Halifax match that I went to last season.

He came on late as a sub for a sub. Harvey Gilmour came on as a substitute for Halifax at the same time.
Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 16:20 - Aug 11 with 4614 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 15:40 - Aug 11 by A_Newby

He came on late as a sub for a sub. Harvey Gilmour came on as a substitute for Halifax at the same time.

"You're just a team full of subs"
Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 16:52 - Aug 11 with 4472 viewsblackdogblue

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 13:09 - Aug 11 by Yorkshire_Dale

We were skint & on the verge last fookin week…

Unless the loan deal is in the bank 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 17:54 - Aug 11 with 4317 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 16:52 - Aug 11 by blackdogblue

I wonder if this is a MARKT driven recruitment and our desperate need for a forward playing winger?
Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 18:39 - Aug 11 with 4196 viewsEllDale

Not sure but his agent has tweeted what a pleasure it was to work with BJ and the club.
Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 18:54 - Aug 11 with 4136 viewsChaffRAFC

I would imagine this is a very small nominal fee where the combined fee and wage works out cheaper than a wage the size of James Ball or Richard O'Donnell for example

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 20:30 - Aug 11 with 3913 viewsKnowlesy

Sounds like the sort of player that could be worth a few bob in the future. Chesterfield fans seem to like him, but say he's very raw. If we can temper that a bit, then we'll have made ourselves a profit. This is the type of business we need to do in order to make some cash back. The fee will be £5k or something ridiculous. A drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things, and he's not gonna be on big money.
Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 20:32 - Aug 11 with 3898 views49thseason

Don't think it needs to be in the bank just yet but probably prudent to wait until they are sure they can make the loan before spending a bit more money. Maybe there is one or two more players still to come in?
The MRKT influence is still at work here and the strategy is becoming clearer, get players in their early 20s and improve them by playing them and then move them on..I bet Nevett's performance last week rattled a few cages further up the pyramid too.
Having watched the demeanor of the board this last couple of weeks I am starting to wonder if we might have an investor(s) in by January. They seem relatively unworried about the financial runway, and seemed to give the impression that there isnt too much to worry about in the longer term (hence the loan to make sure we are reasonably well placed in the division ready for more money arriving to support the squad for January perhaps). You can imagine the due diligence taking a few months... so I supect we will see a return to " radio silence" for a few more months, but my fingers are crossed for good news towards the end of the year.
Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 20:36 - Aug 11 with 3895 viewsTVOS1907

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 18:39 - Aug 11 by EllDale

Not sure but his agent has tweeted what a pleasure it was to work with BJ and the club.

I wouldn't expect players and their agents to work with anyone else!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 23:30 - Aug 11 with 3644 viewsTVOS1907

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 15:40 - Aug 11 by A_Newby

Given they were going to sign for Dale four months later, did you notice anything about him (and Gilmour) at the time?

Just checked on Soccerbase as well - and you're correct....

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 09:45 - Aug 12 with 3318 viewsA_Newby

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 23:30 - Aug 11 by TVOS1907

Given they were going to sign for Dale four months later, did you notice anything about him (and Gilmour) at the time?

Just checked on Soccerbase as well - and you're correct....

Not really neither player did anything noteworthy, at the time Chesterfield were protecting their 2-goal lead and were playing keep ball.

The only reason it stuck in my mind was because I had gone to watch their striker Quigley play to see if a player called Quigley could score.

He was substituted in the second half; the sub scored and then was shortly afterwards injured and replaced by Uchegbulam.

Chesterfield’s Quigley (Joe) came on as a substitute in their match against Dorking last week and scored a 100th minute winner. Also, Uchegbulam came on as a late sub.
Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 10:07 - Aug 12 with 3269 viewsTVOS1907

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 09:45 - Aug 12 by A_Newby

Not really neither player did anything noteworthy, at the time Chesterfield were protecting their 2-goal lead and were playing keep ball.

The only reason it stuck in my mind was because I had gone to watch their striker Quigley play to see if a player called Quigley could score.

He was substituted in the second half; the sub scored and then was shortly afterwards injured and replaced by Uchegbulam.

Chesterfield’s Quigley (Joe) came on as a substitute in their match against Dorking last week and scored a 100th minute winner. Also, Uchegbulam came on as a late sub.

Aye, I read that on the BBC report.

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 11:08 - Aug 12 with 3176 views442Dale

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 18:54 - Aug 11 by ChaffRAFC

I would imagine this is a very small nominal fee where the combined fee and wage works out cheaper than a wage the size of James Ball or Richard O'Donnell for example

That makes sense, though it’s understandable that some will think it’s not really fitting the narrative of the past couple of weeks.

Those other players were signed when we had just sold players (Beesley and Morley in Ball’s case) and the club thought the finances were in a position to “significantly” increase the playing budget in the summer O’Donnell signed.

I’m pleased for McNulty that he’s able to get players in though. In the midst of all this, you wouldn’t want him to become as despondent as some of the fanbase with what’s going on.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 13:55 - Aug 12 with 2907 viewsDalenet

Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 11:08 - Aug 12 by 442Dale

That makes sense, though it’s understandable that some will think it’s not really fitting the narrative of the past couple of weeks.

Those other players were signed when we had just sold players (Beesley and Morley in Ball’s case) and the club thought the finances were in a position to “significantly” increase the playing budget in the summer O’Donnell signed.

I’m pleased for McNulty that he’s able to get players in though. In the midst of all this, you wouldn’t want him to become as despondent as some of the fanbase with what’s going on.

A win today and our fanbase will settle down a bit. We need that right now.
Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 17:27 - Aug 12 with 2676 viewsEdindale

Sounded like decent debuts for both Jes and McDermott.
Dale Sign Chesterfield Winger on 09:54 - Aug 14 with 2161 viewsNorthernDale

Jesurun Uchegbulam is a big and looks strong, and looked good when he came on at Oxford, and looks to have potential. It is a pity we don't have Lloyd on the other side.

McDermott I will hold judgement until I see him more of him, in action.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 18:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024