Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
York v Dale 15:48 - Aug 28 with 15786 viewsSuddenLad

Winning 1-0 Sinclair penalty, but not very convincing. Plenty of possession, little impact.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

York v Dale on 16:57 - Aug 28 with 5738 viewsYorkshire_Dale

York v Dale on 16:55 - Aug 28 by joecooke

And again!!!

They are shooting on sight and we are fannying (Max Taylor!)
York v Dale on 16:58 - Aug 28 with 5735 viewsfrenzied

Hanging on

Max Taylor sloppy on a couple of occasions

Off the bar then hits Ebanks on the head ,,thankfully to safety
York v Dale on 16:58 - Aug 28 with 5720 viewsDaleDamo

York v Dale on 16:55 - Aug 28 by joecooke

And again!!!

Cheeky!!!! Get in Hendo!!

York pushing! Hit on counter!!
York v Dale on 17:00 - Aug 28 with 5694 viewsjoecooke

Lovely finish by Henderson.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

York v Dale on 17:12 - Aug 28 with 5456 viewsfrenzied

York came our second half with pressing game then sending off changed all that.

Ebanks excellent.

For Mitchell to prosper we prob need a more direct game..plenty of times he makes a run but ball is moved sideways or backwards.

Oduroh..very competent.
York v Dale on 17:35 - Aug 28 with 5155 viewsCedar_Room

York actually had some good chances. Hit the bar and with a bit of luck could have scored one and I don’t see us going on to win it.
As it is we came out deserved winners I think. Great cheeky finish from Hendo. Sinclair had a good game and the midfield played well. Pleased with that given that I thought we’d miss Clayton. Not so sure about Mitchell though didn’t think he posed much of a threat. Hope Rodney comes back soon. Keeper made some good saves and deserves a mention.
But we still lack the creativity in the final third and all the possession is meaningless unless we make it count.
Have to be happy with the position we find ourselves in. Let’s hope we can keep the momentum going. Well done Jim.
York v Dale on 17:57 - Aug 28 with 4982 viewsSheffield_dale

Three points but my god we did our best the throw that away against a poor team low on confidence. One on one I thought EEL was excellent but as a team we are woeful at defending corners (obviously) and don't seem to want to put their bodies on the line. So many unchallenged touches in our own box...but it's a win and three points with lots of learning.

Was Max Taylor drunk when he came on? One of the worst few minutes of professional football I've seen.

East ran his socks off in Clayton's absence and shout out to Keohane. He runs in that channel constantly and creates problems. He should be our nailed on RB.
York v Dale on 18:21 - Aug 28 with 4795 viewsYorkshire_Dale

You know what nice for a change....having more points on the board than games played.

I know, crazy.
Login to get fewer ads

York v Dale on 18:28 - Aug 28 with 4708 viewsRAFCBLUE

Another good away result.

Much more to come from this squad I hope.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

York v Dale on 18:33 - Aug 28 with 4671 viewsKnavesmireBob

Superb away day.

Thought we were in control again for much of the game despite missing Clayton. Spine excellent - Moulden, EEL, East, Mitchell. I think there's a real player in Kairo and have every confidence Jim can bring that out in time.

Reckon York will be ok too once they bring in a more experienced manager.

Impressive numbers from both sets of fans. Dale fans superb throughout.

In just a matter of weeks Jim has recreated a connection between players and fans. It's amazing how quickly things can change with the right leadership.

Cycled home with a massive smile on my face. If you're staying over then drink the town dry tonight :)
York v Dale on 19:34 - Aug 28 with 4263 viewsjonahwhereru

Just picked up the result. Well this is ok picking up a win in an even contest. A result we have rarely had from such games in recent times.
Very pleased to read the midfield could still tick without Clayton, that was my concern coming into today.
We are learning about this league quickly. A non spicy game can still have 9 yellow and a red card. Makes you wonder what will happen a blood and thunder type game. Mine Moulden will learn about time wasting soon enough, two yellows already. Any team can be undone by the standard of officiating. Also it seems already that anybody can beat anybody else in this league. Not sure I would want to be an odds compiler for it.
Comment on BJ, that he gave penalty taking duties to Sinclair to me is a good sign. It would have been so easy to just give the job to his old mate Hendo, but he was prepared to change it up.
York v Dale on 19:46 - Aug 28 with 4183 viewsdalian

York v Dale on 19:34 - Aug 28 by jonahwhereru

Just picked up the result. Well this is ok picking up a win in an even contest. A result we have rarely had from such games in recent times.
Very pleased to read the midfield could still tick without Clayton, that was my concern coming into today.
We are learning about this league quickly. A non spicy game can still have 9 yellow and a red card. Makes you wonder what will happen a blood and thunder type game. Mine Moulden will learn about time wasting soon enough, two yellows already. Any team can be undone by the standard of officiating. Also it seems already that anybody can beat anybody else in this league. Not sure I would want to be an odds compiler for it.
Comment on BJ, that he gave penalty taking duties to Sinclair to me is a good sign. It would have been so easy to just give the job to his old mate Hendo, but he was prepared to change it up.

An even contest?! Barring our usual lack of ruthlessness there was an obvious difference in class (as there has been in most games this season).
I agree with your sentiments about a proper blood and gender game though. Much bigger propositions on the horizon that will test squad strength.
York v Dale on 19:59 - Aug 28 with 4095 viewsdingdangblue

Great win although we rode our luck at times and got the better of some poor decisions by another inept referee.
Its great to be actually winning and competing again.
When was the last time we were in any play off spot?
January 2017 back in League 1?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

York v Dale on 20:52 - Aug 28 with 3821 viewsdaleitetilidie

York v Dale on 19:59 - Aug 28 by dingdangblue

Great win although we rode our luck at times and got the better of some poor decisions by another inept referee.
Its great to be actually winning and competing again.
When was the last time we were in any play off spot?
January 2017 back in League 1?

We still look dodgy at the back IMO. Gave the ball away too many times and if we keep doing it a decent team will take full advantage. We also can’t defend corners or set pieces. I like the possession style going forward, unlike others commenting on this thread. The slide rule pass to put SAJ in for the second pen was testament to our style. Tougher tests ahead but hopefully the impetus will keep us n the right half of the table. Up the Dale!
York v Dale on 01:29 - Aug 29 with 3297 views_Windydale

I thought Oduroh had a good game today, especially when the lads where moving up the field together. He's there to defend, but looked good and provided some great touches to his midfield. He got stuck in and played with confidence, not shy to use his weight to put a tackle in.
York v Dale on 11:02 - Aug 29 with 2819 viewsDareToCalvin

Brilliant away day.
While it was frustrating to not beat Bromley, I'd said beforehand 4 points from the weekend would've been fantastic, so I will absolutely take it.

If someone had offered us to be 5th at the end of August I'd have snapped their hand off. Playing some really nice stuff and if we can somehow tighten up set pieces, we look good.

Hope we can push on and stay as close as we can to the top 7.

Absolutely massive fan of our midfield as well; East, Gilmour and Clayton are brilliant and if they can all stay fit the sky's the limit.
York v Dale on 11:07 - Aug 29 with 2785 viewsDale_4_Life

York v Dale on 11:02 - Aug 29 by DareToCalvin

Brilliant away day.
While it was frustrating to not beat Bromley, I'd said beforehand 4 points from the weekend would've been fantastic, so I will absolutely take it.

If someone had offered us to be 5th at the end of August I'd have snapped their hand off. Playing some really nice stuff and if we can somehow tighten up set pieces, we look good.

Hope we can push on and stay as close as we can to the top 7.

Absolutely massive fan of our midfield as well; East, Gilmour and Clayton are brilliant and if they can all stay fit the sky's the limit.

I agree that midfield 3 of East / Gilmour and Clayton look to be the real deal.
York v Dale on 11:22 - Aug 29 with 2732 viewsscarrow

Interesting that none of the 6 teams who played Friday night lost

Poll: Final position

York v Dale on 11:33 - Aug 29 with 2697 viewsTomRAFC

Couldn't make it to the game, so watched the stream.

We were under the cosh for too long second half, but we did a good job of riding it out.

East did a quality job of covering some of Clayton's work. Probably the best performance from EEL in a long time, few misplaced passes aside.

York commentary team using the Alt Comms nicknames was brilliant.

Referee was baffling. So inconsistent and made bizarre decisions against both teams.

It's been frustrating at times, but I'm genuinely enjoying the season so far and the football we're playing.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 11:35]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

York v Dale on 14:41 - Aug 29 with 2450 viewsDaleiLama

York v Dale on 16:28 - Aug 28 by richfoad32

Looked soft but to be fair there were not many complaints. Since when has Sinclair referred to himself as the 'Fresh Prince'? Is it a social media thing?

AltDaleComms dubbed him the Fresh Prince of Belfield.

Check out the thread devoted to his work on here - well worth a listen.

2022-23 Alt Comms by AltDaleComms 7 Jul 2022 11:40
To avoid cluttering the board with replies i'll put the videos in here across the season when they're put on twitter.

Season Preview to start us off:

https://twitter.com/CommsDale/status/1544994111232659456

Edit: wish I'd heard YC comms team using Alt Dale references!
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 14:42]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

York v Dale on 15:18 - Aug 29 with 2344 viewsShun

York v Dale on 17:12 - Aug 28 by frenzied

York came our second half with pressing game then sending off changed all that.

Ebanks excellent.

For Mitchell to prosper we prob need a more direct game..plenty of times he makes a run but ball is moved sideways or backwards.

Oduroh..very competent.

I think it's pronounced 'Landell.'
York v Dale on 15:26 - Aug 29 with 2312 viewsBigKindo

862 Daleys there. I can remember when that was a home crowd.
York v Dale on 17:39 - Aug 29 with 2138 viewsEllDale

Just got back from York. What a great couple of days.
It was an absolute travesty that it was equal at halftime after the dominance that Dale had in the first half hour.
I can understand BJ’s frustration with the officials.
Was the “goal” ruled out in the first half offside? I wouldn’t have trusted either linesman to get a decision like that right especially in the second half when I’m sure the official on the far side just put his flag up when he was told to do so by the home fans.
The referee made himself a hostage to fortune though by dishing out so many yellow cards early in the proceedings, especially the ridiculous one given for time wasting in the first half.
I was worried about the absence of Clayton (it was nice to see him there by the way celebrating at the end) but East is a level above anything else I’ve seen so far in this league. Thank you Mark Hughes.
As ever in a lot of away wins there was a touch of good fortune at times. How did their striker hit the bar instead of scoring for example?
The only thing that slightly baffled me was the introduction of Taylor for John when the former hasn’t kicked a ball in anger for weeks and so was well off the pace.
I could only presume that BJ had said “warm up and get ready Max” to Conway and the wrong player heard him.
One of my most memorable moments occurred later on though.
They put those of us travelling by public transport on a shuttle bus direct from the ground to the railway station.
The upper deck was full of the The Overcoaters and their mates who were leaning out of the windows going through the full repertoire of Dale songs at top volume right the way through York city centre.
The streets were full of tourists who could only stand and gape bemusedly at something that isn’t mentioned in the guide books!
[Post edited 29 Aug 2023 17:40]
York v Dale on 10:18 - Aug 30 with 1579 viewssamueloneils

The one big thing from the start of the season is the shortage of genuine strikers IMO.

Now with Rodney also out for a time, JM must be desperate for somebody to latch on to the great openings Clayton, Gilmour and East are producing. Forget defence and midfield - we have cover there.

Hendo and Sinclair both doing a great jo with the opportunity goals.

We have 4 loanees- how many are we allowed? A young loan striker would avoid any fees.
York v Dale on 19:24 - Aug 30 with 1242 viewsShun

York v Dale on 10:18 - Aug 30 by samueloneils

The one big thing from the start of the season is the shortage of genuine strikers IMO.

Now with Rodney also out for a time, JM must be desperate for somebody to latch on to the great openings Clayton, Gilmour and East are producing. Forget defence and midfield - we have cover there.

Hendo and Sinclair both doing a great jo with the opportunity goals.

We have 4 loanees- how many are we allowed? A young loan striker would avoid any fees.

We have five loanees, and I think that’s the max.

Moulden, Oduroh, McDermott, East and Conroy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024