Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale 09:55 - Sep 7 with 19746 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Kidderminster vs Dale 7th Sep 2023 09:54
Decided to bring back the match previews on a 'whenever I actually have time' basis, starting with this weekend's trip to Aggborough. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:08 - Sep 9 with 5044 viewsDaleiLama

Could be worse - an away point. We look very much like a bang average NL side in the last 2 outings. Looking on the bright side, Jez looked good and with Rodney back in the team and more time together, hopefully we can continue to improve

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:19 - Sep 9 with 4903 viewsDickydaler

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:08 - Sep 9 by DaleiLama

Could be worse - an away point. We look very much like a bang average NL side in the last 2 outings. Looking on the bright side, Jez looked good and with Rodney back in the team and more time together, hopefully we can continue to improve

Credit to Jim for changing to plan B at half time. We got far more crosses into the box and looked more dangerous.
I don't mind playing as we did in the first half; I'm convinced it will work against some teams but when it doesn't, like today, change it, and he did.
(For those watching on TV) I like that Ebanks-Blake, I think we should sign him!
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:36 - Sep 9 with 4750 viewsrichfoad32

Jez, that 'the guy whose name begins with U'? Did well.
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:49 - Sep 9 with 4642 viewsSaxonDale

Not as fashionable a player as Jez, but I thought Keohane made a massive difference when he came on. Stepped into midfield and got the ball forward at every opportunity.

I thought the first half our 2 wingers (Conway in particular) didn’t show as much movement as they could have. I’d like to see a breakdown of how many times we entered their box first half. Bit harsh on Conway as there’s clearly a player there and he was out of position, but Jez coming back should make a big difference.

Also credit to Cameron John for a brilliant covering tackle in the last minute. He wasn’t at his best going forward, but he saved us a point there.
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale (n/t) on 17:57 - Sep 9 with 4574 viewskrafty80

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:49 - Sep 9 by SaxonDale

Not as fashionable a player as Jez, but I thought Keohane made a massive difference when he came on. Stepped into midfield and got the ball forward at every opportunity.

I thought the first half our 2 wingers (Conway in particular) didn’t show as much movement as they could have. I’d like to see a breakdown of how many times we entered their box first half. Bit harsh on Conway as there’s clearly a player there and he was out of position, but Jez coming back should make a big difference.

Also credit to Cameron John for a brilliant covering tackle in the last minute. He wasn’t at his best going forward, but he saved us a point there.

It's probably a point gained but it was so static at times that it was hard to watch. And I say that as someone who absolutely doesn't subscribe to the 'gerrit forward' school of thought. I thought Kairo was poor today, first half in particular he was just completely statuesque.

Agree that SAJ made a real difference, he looked like a player with a point to prove. I was also moderately impressed by Conway, he got the end of some massive diags from Ebanks-Landell. That might prove to be an 'out ball' for us in the next few weeks. But we really need Rodney back and probably a bit more besides to challenge the top sides IMHO.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 19:29]
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 18:07 - Sep 9 with 4495 viewsTrev

Feels a bit like Rodney gets better with every game he doesn't play but I still feel he makes a massive difference to our team.

Midtable and competitive at this stage isn't a disaster. Nothing to fear in this league from what I've seen, a few astute signings could see us challenge the play-off spots relatively easily.
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 19:00 - Sep 9 with 4292 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Has there been any update on when Rodney is due to get back "on the grass", not heard anything.

As said, we are expecting great things.
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 19:36 - Sep 9 with 4127 views49thseason

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 19:00 - Sep 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

Has there been any update on when Rodney is due to get back "on the grass", not heard anything.

As said, we are expecting great things.

I'm not holding my breath, once again the curse of the single goal defeat is raising its head and for most of today looked like continuing, it seems the subs changed the game after we got SAJ and Uche on the pitch and some forward motion.
We need a goal maker and a goal scorer, if that boils down to Uche and Rodney, all well and good, but it seems there is a lot of work to do to turn Mitchell into a genuine hit-man and Sinclair has gone quieter now he has been spotted as a threat.. Still today was freak weather for football so a draw is OK, I just hope its pouring down next week and we can start to turn our home advantage into wins.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 19:53 - Sep 9 with 4052 viewsBarrowdale

Ive been a big critic of SAJ, but if you’re reading this you were miles better today,……… because you looked fwd. well done!
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 20:29 - Sep 9 with 3923 viewsjoecooke

Thought Louis Molden looked very good today.I knew hed been at Liverpool as a kid and was interested to see how he had developed.

Very comfortable with the ball at his feet, could play a ball through the thirds accurately and a bravery that belies his size. I think he will be a very solid keeper going forward and i hope we enjoy the time he is at the Dale.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 20:45 - Sep 9 with 3854 viewspnc4eva1

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 15:28 - Sep 9 by Dickydaler

Why, what has he done wrong?

Varied opinion but to me Mitchell made run after run that were ignored for a sideways pass.

He did on several occasions take defenders with him to open up gaps that were avoided by sideways or backward passing.

Mitchell has some pace. We don't use it.

He's not a salmon but not bad in the air. No point as no one is near him.

To me some scapegoat him due to the poor judgements of midfield and defender forward passing choices

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 20:55 - Sep 9 with 3803 viewsdawlishdale

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 20:45 - Sep 9 by pnc4eva1

Varied opinion but to me Mitchell made run after run that were ignored for a sideways pass.

He did on several occasions take defenders with him to open up gaps that were avoided by sideways or backward passing.

Mitchell has some pace. We don't use it.

He's not a salmon but not bad in the air. No point as no one is near him.

To me some scapegoat him due to the poor judgements of midfield and defender forward passing choices

Kind of what I said earlier. The midfield seems to sit deep with the exception of Sinclair, but once teams realize that he has no left foot , he is easier to defend against.

I really really want us to succeed, but am growing more worried about Jim's tactics with each performance. I hope I'm proven wrong.
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 22:17 - Sep 9 with 3562 viewsEllDale

I’d have settled for a point at halftime to be honest.
But what a crazy league this is. Ask Eastleigh or Hartlepool fans how they feel tonight!
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 22:53 - Sep 9 with 3477 viewsmikehunt

Hendo had a goal disallowed for offside at the death. How close was this?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 23:26 - Sep 9 with 3412 viewsSandyman

There does appear to be a consensus view forming on here about our style of play and its rights and wrongs. So much about what has been said today is people in agreement - very similar to what I heard behind the goal.

We have just played abysmally in the first half of the last two games, where we've expected tippy tappy backwards sideways to work against teams that have sussed us out and have a go. Halifax and Harriers were streets ahead of us for those first 45 minutes. Credit to Big Jim for putting Jimmy and Jez on - they made a big difference, as did the "let's have a go at them" mentality instead of static walking football.

Training now needs to concentrate on being sharper going forward like Halifax were. The repetitive coaching manual training game stuff is boring supporters and not effective enough. If we can kick it around like that after 85 minutes when we're three nil up, grand. Going in 1-0 down at half time in the last two games as a consequence is not grand.

Also, daft that two large signs pointing to the way in for away supporters led fans to a dead end, featuring a gate that the steward didn't have a key for so we had to trundle round 75% of Aggborough to get in.

The supporters club bar and their fans are a welcoming bunch, and the Kidderminster cottage pie is the best food served at a football ground - it is delicious beyond words.

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 07:13 - Sep 10 with 3122 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 22:53 - Sep 9 by mikehunt

Hendo had a goal disallowed for offside at the death. How close was this?

He looked to be standing in a offside position when the free kick was taken. With his experience that shouldn't be happening. It's the only real criticism I have of Hendo, he does got caught offside a lot.
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 09:03 - Sep 10 with 2929 viewsfrenzied

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 07:13 - Sep 10 by TalkingSutty

He looked to be standing in a offside position when the free kick was taken. With his experience that shouldn't be happening. It's the only real criticism I have of Hendo, he does got caught offside a lot.

At his age his mind works at one speed and his body another....hes contributing far more than he is expected or thought capable of.
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 10:10 - Sep 10 with 2781 viewsscarrow

When the free kick was played in he was offside and that could clearly be seen from the away end. He was clearly the nearest player to the goal. So as soon as the ball came near him it was going to be offside. Poor

Poll: Final position

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 10:35 - Sep 10 with 2708 views442Dale

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 10:10 - Sep 10 by scarrow

When the free kick was played in he was offside and that could clearly be seen from the away end. He was clearly the nearest player to the goal. So as soon as the ball came near him it was going to be offside. Poor

There was nothing wrong with him being in an “offside” position when the kick was taken, it was making sure he remained onside from the header back across to him. Annoying he didn’t but it was quite close, and at first watching on tv you wondered if maybe Ebanks Landell had strayed off to win the header.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 11:55 - Sep 10 with 2551 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 09:03 - Sep 10 by frenzied

At his age his mind works at one speed and his body another....hes contributing far more than he is expected or thought capable of.

Yes, he's been a great player for us and is still capable. That doesn't negate the fact that he shouldn't be standing offside when we have a last chance to load the box at a free kick.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2023 11:57]
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 14:14 - Sep 10 with 2293 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

As a generally pessimistic old git I find myself looking up the NL table rather than nervously glancing over my shoulder, makes a refreshing change from the last few seasons!!
Look to cutting out individual errors (ie Keohane last week), emphasise positive forward looking football & be willing to mix it up tactically (especially if teams leave space in behind) rather than being overly one dimensional & we’ll be more than ok.
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 14:21 - Sep 10 with 2258 views442Dale

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 14:14 - Sep 10 by Plattyswrinklynuts

As a generally pessimistic old git I find myself looking up the NL table rather than nervously glancing over my shoulder, makes a refreshing change from the last few seasons!!
Look to cutting out individual errors (ie Keohane last week), emphasise positive forward looking football & be willing to mix it up tactically (especially if teams leave space in behind) rather than being overly one dimensional & we’ll be more than ok.

That’s a good summary of where we are I think. There was a lot about yesterday that was frustrating and not the greatest watch, but we did appear to recognise this and did something about it.

We need to keep taking a step back and looking at where we are. The close season saw many worrying about where we were heading on the pitch. Yes, the division does seem to have a lot of beatable, though even taking that into consideration, wouldn’t we have taken tenth after eight games? Especially as we are five points clear of the bottom four already.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 16:00 - Sep 10 with 2093 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 14:14 - Sep 10 by Plattyswrinklynuts

I'd agree with that (too). Perhaps i was over-critical following the Halifax non-event. The emphasis must be on improving our outlook at the start of games; not gung-ho but playing in a more positive manner that asks the opposition questions and gets the crowd interested rather than sending them to sleep.

[Post edited 10 Sep 2023 16:03]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 19:29 - Sep 10 with 1787 viewsYouTubeDale

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 07:13 - Sep 10 by TalkingSutty

I spoke to Ian recently regarding his offsides...he just looked at me and grinned, you could tell he wanted to say so much but didn't know where to start, and in the end he said nothing. I bet one of his thoughts was, what do you know?
Like many I have seen nearly every home game he has played, only holidays have stopped my COA visits, and I have seen him play away at many grounds. Just hold your run for one more second and on the balance of probability you will score more goals was my comment. Talking to fellow supporters many disagree with me and say Ian should carry on doing what he does...
I went to the first away game of the season at Oxford City...I know Hendo got the winner by walking the ball into the net but earlier in the game...well, you tell me what happened ?

Ian, you're a great player but in my view you could be even greater !!!!!!!
[Post edited 10 Sep 2023 19:36]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 20:01 - Sep 10 with 1708 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 19:29 - Sep 10 by YouTubeDale

I spoke to Ian recently regarding his offsides...he just looked at me and grinned, you could tell he wanted to say so much but didn't know where to start, and in the end he said nothing. I bet one of his thoughts was, what do you know?
Like many I have seen nearly every home game he has played, only holidays have stopped my COA visits, and I have seen him play away at many grounds. Just hold your run for one more second and on the balance of probability you will score more goals was my comment. Talking to fellow supporters many disagree with me and say Ian should carry on doing what he does...
I went to the first away game of the season at Oxford City...I know Hendo got the winner by walking the ball into the net but earlier in the game...well, you tell me what happened ?

Ian, you're a great player but in my view you could be even greater !!!!!!!
[Post edited 10 Sep 2023 19:36]

It's a fine line and he walks it, he's scored a lot of goals by doing that. Swings and roundabouts i suppose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024