Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust statement - Resignation 09:47 - Feb 28 with 12543 viewsjudd

At a Trust board meeting on Monday 26th February, it became apparent that the approach I had taken since the announcement dated 20th February, of the EGM and potential liquidation of the club, was not supported by the whole board.
Despite my request for petty squabbles to be set aside until the crisis had been concluded, this was ignored. I am unable, therefore, to deliver the unity required at this most critical of times.
Consequently, yesterday I advised the board that I would be stepping down at the end of this season, which was the original agreed term.
Further reflection has led me to conclude that I cannot work with the Trust board any longer, so am resigning from the positions of chair and board member forthwith.
Last night I had the uplifting pleasure of meeting a potential investor, and Simon Gauge has agreed for me to continue to pass on any details of the initiatives I have worked on in the past week.
As I now write this as just a supporter, I would recommend that in the absence of any other option, shareholders vote in support of the board motions.
Thank you and Up the Dale.

George Brigham

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust statement - Resignation on 10:13 - Feb 28 with 5077 views100notout

This is really really sad news. Your leadership and communication has been a breath of fresh air and very much welcomed by every fan I know. Not only have you brought vital skills to the role such as commerciality, practicality and a proper business strategy, you have added the one ingredient which is so vital and so often missing from the most intelligent of people - common sense.

Thanks for all your efforts and the many hours you have put in George. You will be sadly missed.

Edit - apologies fat fingers voted down your post in error 🙄
[Post edited 28 Feb 10:42]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Trust statement - Resignation on 10:19 - Feb 28 with 5033 viewsfitzochris

George, you will be a tremendous loss to the Trust. Having worked closely with you in the past few years, I know what a diligent and upstanding supporter you are, with no need for self-aggrandisement.

The Trust, a major shareholder, will be rudderless without you and needs to have a look at itself from this point of view. We need an external supporters' body that is unified and keeps the club honest.

I note your stance on the board motions and, given what you are certainly privy to, value that opinion.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Trust statement - Resignation on 10:30 - Feb 28 with 4974 viewsChaffRAFC

Thanks for your efforts George.

This, for me, could be absolutely catastrophic.

Is it too much to ask for a single normal day as a Dale fan now?

And to think, we took the piss out of Bury.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Trust statement - Resignation on 10:32 - Feb 28 with 4964 viewssandylaner

I rarely post on here but just just like to say that seems a shame.

I'm a trust member though not very active and don't know any of the trust board members. From what I read it looked like you had brought leadership and professionalism to the trust.

As a shareholder you also managed to finally get my email address added to the clubs shareholder email list which is no mean feat!
Trust statement - Resignation on 10:53 - Feb 28 with 4834 viewsBrierls

I can't quite believe what I'm reading.

First the resignation of Col, followed by the resignation of George. Both really intelligent people who, to put this bluntly, stand head and shoulders above other (volunteer) Trust Board members when it comes to having the credentials of running the Trust as a credible organisation (with perhaps one exception who I haven't had dealings with).

We are becoming bury. The lunatics are taking over the asylum.

Thanks for your efforts, George.
Trust statement - Resignation on 10:54 - Feb 28 with 4830 viewsSandyman

George: Thank you for your service to Dale fans and the Trust as an organisation. Your honesty and integrity is beyond question.

The Trust will find losing you is a big hit, and they need to get their act together. "Petty squabbles" are the last thing we need at this hour.

Best wishes in helping to facilitate the presence of a new investor.
Trust statement - Resignation on 10:59 - Feb 28 with 4805 viewsEdindale

George,

Very disappointing news.
Not what the supporters need at this time. Hopefully your great efforts will not be in vain.
I do not see any alternative to voting in support of the board motions.
Trust statement - Resignation on 11:10 - Feb 28 with 4718 viewskel

Really sad to see this news. Just like Col before him, George put a tremendous amount of his personal time into helping the club and supporters both before and after joining the trust board.

I’ve seen first hand the lengths he’s gone to to make our club and trust better and the trust will be far, far weaker without him. Enjoy being a ‘normal fan’ again mate and I might even stretch to a pint for you when I see you next.

Thanks for your efforts (8)
Login to get fewer ads

Trust statement - Resignation on 12:05 - Feb 28 with 4484 viewsBrierls

I've had my run in's with judd, almost as many as D'Alien and TS, but I'm fully aware of the forensic work he did during the MH saga.

"Last night I had the uplifting pleasure of meeting a potential investor, and Simon Gauge has agreed for me to continue to pass on any details of the initiatives I have worked on in the past week.
As I now write this as just a supporter, I would recommend that in the absence of any other option, shareholders vote in support of the board motions."

If you're going to listen to anybody on the credibility of the situation and/or investors, I suggest you listen to him.
Trust statement - Resignation on 12:07 - Feb 28 with 4472 viewsCockneyDale

Crikey. Thanks for all the hard work on our behalf, i wish this wasn't so.

Very pleased to learn of your positive meeting with a potential investor.
Trust statement - Resignation on 12:31 - Feb 28 with 4347 viewsRAFCBLUE

Thank you for your work on behalf of all supporters.

The work done by many over many years, particularly 2021 still mean we have a club; that itself is an achievement despite the economics.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Trust statement - Resignation on 12:36 - Feb 28 with 4301 viewsShun

Huge loss, George. Thank you for your continued work in service of this club.
Trust statement - Resignation on 12:55 - Feb 28 with 4165 viewsscooby

Judd mate, this is not the best news but you have to do what is right for you. losing both you and Col is not a good sign. not a fan of most trust SLT, but you are one of the good ones.

Thanks for everything you have brought to the table, sit back and relax now
Trust statement - Resignation on 13:21 - Feb 28 with 4008 views442Dale

Massive loss to the Trust and the club too. A driving force in representing supporters over the last few months, open to ideas and opinions and doing all he could to represent those at the most difficult time in the club’s history. It’s staggering that this situation has been allowed to develop but nothing surprises anymore.

Thanks George, your efforts to move things forward quickly, trying to provide more answers and information for the entire fanbase have gone above and beyond.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust statement - Resignation on 13:28 - Feb 28 with 3984 viewsD_Alien

This is a huge blow for the whole club, not just the Trust

Nothing epitomised your leadership and communication skills more than your chairing of the fans meeting last Sunday. You were becoming a tour de force on behalf of all fans, and it reflects on those who remain that you felt you couldn't continue in that role beyond today, especially at such a critical time

I (along with others) will take note of your confidence in the potential investment people you've spoken with

Thanks for your work both recently and on previous occasions of peril; i hope it's our last crisis before calmer waters but not your last contributions to the club and its fanbase
[Post edited 28 Feb 15:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust statement - Resignation on 13:46 - Feb 28 with 3866 viewsPeaky

Trust statement - Resignation on 13:28 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

This is a huge blow for the whole club, not just the Trust

Nothing epitomised your leadership and communication skills more than your chairing of the fans meeting last Sunday. You were becoming a tour de force on behalf of all fans, and it reflects on those who remain that you felt you couldn't continue in that role beyond today, especially at such a critical time

I (along with others) will take note of your confidence in the potential investment people you've spoken with

Thanks for your work both recently and on previous occasions of peril; i hope it's our last crisis before calmer waters but not your last contributions to the club and its fanbase
[Post edited 28 Feb 15:11]

Terrible news and really sad to hear. Thankyou for everything you have done and hopefully this can be reconsidered. Not good times
Trust statement - Resignation on 13:56 - Feb 28 with 3795 viewsRodingdale

I was just saying the other day what a difference George had made. After the shenanigans have passed if they do, it brings into question - is what’s left of the trust fit for purpose? What a mess.
Trust statement - Resignation on 14:02 - Feb 28 with 3765 viewsSheffdale

I am really sorry that it has come to this. I have valued George's leadership from what I have observed at a distance.
Trust statement - Resignation on 14:41 - Feb 28 with 3587 viewsDaleiLama

Gutted to read that. It comes under the heading of SHIT with a capital everything. Just another sad, avoidable blow, in a Tsunami of absolutely rotten news since we departed L1. When will it end?

I know you would not deliberately throw anyone under the bus (DB excepted) but the fact that this could even happen is going to make me think twice about my membership of the Trust going forward. The club and the Trust need strong leadership - we have neither now (not a dig at you - I fully respect your judgement and decision as you know).

Your recommendation as a supporter may, perhaps, be the only good thing that has come out of this. It will now take a lot to sway me from voting my shares in favour of chucking 90% of them down the drain for the betterment of RAFC.

On the one hand, the Chairman had to put out the best part of two sides of A4 and a FAQ guide to influence shareholders. Then you made a simple recommendation. Occam's razor in action - funny how T(t)rust works huh - in more ways than one?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Trust statement - Resignation on 14:46 - Feb 28 with 3569 viewsSuddenLad

I am very, very sorry to be reading this announcement. You had a hard act to follow, but you have performed the role with great professionalism, dignity and gravitas. Finding a suitable replacement, given the internal squabbles, is going to be almost impossible.

Your efforts over the last few years have been incredible, from fund-raising, bucket shaking, investigative background work and the tireless work behind the scenes, on behalf of us all.

I have noted your sage advice. Thanks for everything.
[Post edited 28 Feb 14:46]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Trust statement - Resignation on 14:59 - Feb 28 with 3492 views442Dale

Trust statement - Resignation on 14:41 - Feb 28 by DaleiLama

Gutted to read that. It comes under the heading of SHIT with a capital everything. Just another sad, avoidable blow, in a Tsunami of absolutely rotten news since we departed L1. When will it end?

I know you would not deliberately throw anyone under the bus (DB excepted) but the fact that this could even happen is going to make me think twice about my membership of the Trust going forward. The club and the Trust need strong leadership - we have neither now (not a dig at you - I fully respect your judgement and decision as you know).

Your recommendation as a supporter may, perhaps, be the only good thing that has come out of this. It will now take a lot to sway me from voting my shares in favour of chucking 90% of them down the drain for the betterment of RAFC.

On the one hand, the Chairman had to put out the best part of two sides of A4 and a FAQ guide to influence shareholders. Then you made a simple recommendation. Occam's razor in action - funny how T(t)rust works huh - in more ways than one?

That recommendation really is the only positive from the last two weeks, the last remnants of relying on Dale fans to speak with respect and honesty to other Dale fans. As others have mentioned, the fear of becoming no better than Bury has become a reality.

The Trust will struggle to recover from this. Having been a big supporter and advocate of their role, whilst remaining a constructive critic of how they could do better, I always had confidence in recognising how important it was for fans to have an organisation to represent them and hold the club to account for the benefit of everyone.( People like TS and others will recognise that during many often heated discussions when their effectiveness on that front has been discussed)

That confidence is almost gone now.

Trust statement - Resignation on 15:00 - Feb 28 with 3488 views49thseason

It is more then unfortunate that the Trust board seemingly cannot or will not agree a common strategy between themselves in this moment of accute peril for the club they support. That the leadership is split apparently beyond repair either points to an ideological inability to accept a corporate view or a deliberately contrarian attitude. For two chairmen to resign in relatively short order seems to suggest that there is an irreparable split in the Trust leadership and that being the case, the other Board members should also look closely at their actions and consider stepping down too. The Trust is not there simply to disagree with the Board of Directors.
A divided Trust is the last thing the Club' supporters need at this point. There will be plenty of time for recriminations if we lose the club at the end of March. This is the time for unity and trust in the judgement of people who have met and done some due diligence into prospective buyers. If others think the club should not be sold, they have the duty to bring a better, carefully costed and workable plan that addresses the inherent financial problems the club is currently experiencing, to the table for the trust membership to vote on before the shareholders vote. As the representatives of the largest shareholder it is their responsibility to either put up an alternative plan, accept the plan to sell the club or step down. Simply saying no, is not an option... If not this then what?
Trust statement - Resignation on 15:07 - Feb 28 with 3428 views442Dale

Trust statement - Resignation on 15:00 - Feb 28 by 49thseason

It is more then unfortunate that the Trust board seemingly cannot or will not agree a common strategy between themselves in this moment of accute peril for the club they support. That the leadership is split apparently beyond repair either points to an ideological inability to accept a corporate view or a deliberately contrarian attitude. For two chairmen to resign in relatively short order seems to suggest that there is an irreparable split in the Trust leadership and that being the case, the other Board members should also look closely at their actions and consider stepping down too. The Trust is not there simply to disagree with the Board of Directors.
A divided Trust is the last thing the Club' supporters need at this point. There will be plenty of time for recriminations if we lose the club at the end of March. This is the time for unity and trust in the judgement of people who have met and done some due diligence into prospective buyers. If others think the club should not be sold, they have the duty to bring a better, carefully costed and workable plan that addresses the inherent financial problems the club is currently experiencing, to the table for the trust membership to vote on before the shareholders vote. As the representatives of the largest shareholder it is their responsibility to either put up an alternative plan, accept the plan to sell the club or step down. Simply saying no, is not an option... If not this then what?

Sorry if I’m missing anything, but where was there any indication about what views people had about the club being sold or whether the Trust agree/disagree with the board have anything to do with what has happened?

Trust statement - Resignation on 15:10 - Feb 28 with 3397 viewsHorton_Mouse

Echoing everyone thoughts George - you will be a massive loss to the Trust for sure.

Thanks for everything you have done.
Trust statement - Resignation on 15:18 - Feb 28 with 3333 viewsD_Alien

Trust statement - Resignation on 15:00 - Feb 28 by 49thseason

This thread really isn't the place to bring up "carefully costed plans" when many have been crying out for some communication on those very costs, and without which such a plan would be impossible, as you well know

Just saying...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024