Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fixtures 09:01 - Aug 21 with 5906 viewsdale4ever

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/dales-202021-fixtures/

[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 9:03]
Fixtures on 09:05 - Aug 21 with 4571 viewsfitzochris

Haha. A totally monstrous start. Wow.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Fixtures on 09:07 - Aug 21 with 4543 viewsrochdaleriddler

Fixtures on 09:05 - Aug 21 by fitzochris

Haha. A totally monstrous start. Wow.

Very tough

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Fixtures on 09:20 - Aug 21 with 4433 viewsMorden

Gah! The one away game I had picked out last year for a long-distance visit was Ipswich - cancelled due to Covid. This year Ipswich away is the 3rd game when still nobody will be allowed in
Fixtures on 09:23 - Aug 21 with 4413 viewsDaleiLama

On the plus side, only one home game missed before fans let in? Or is it two - can't remember if date was 1/10 or later?

Edit: Just checked - SC holders should see 22/23 home games (Covid permitting)
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 9:28]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fixtures on 09:23 - Aug 21 with 4411 viewstodmordendale

Pitman will not be there to haunt us for our first home game.
Fixtures on 09:25 - Aug 21 with 4402 viewsTipperaryDale

On the plus side we're only missing 1 fixture as it stands without home fans - we also have Ipswich and Blackpool late in year meaning we have a decent chance of getting good crowds for those games. On the down side, we'll have to miss the Pompey away crowd, which is a good chunk of money.

Dec and Jan look like killers, especially if we end up doing alright in the FA Cup. Our lads are gonna be knackered.
Fixtures on 09:34 - Aug 21 with 4337 viewsDalenet

Fixtures on 09:25 - Aug 21 by TipperaryDale

On the plus side we're only missing 1 fixture as it stands without home fans - we also have Ipswich and Blackpool late in year meaning we have a decent chance of getting good crowds for those games. On the down side, we'll have to miss the Pompey away crowd, which is a good chunk of money.

Dec and Jan look like killers, especially if we end up doing alright in the FA Cup. Our lads are gonna be knackered.

I suspect we are going to miss the away crowds for all of the season if we get anywhere near to selling our 2100 capacity to home fans. I just can't see the Govt and EFL wanting people to travel before a vaccine. All the more reason to get the iFollow decisions made
Fixtures on 10:06 - Aug 21 with 4178 viewsDaleiLama

Link for anyone wanting to synch calendars

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Fixtures on 10:20 - Aug 21 with 4106 viewsmikehunt

Re. the calendar sync, it mentions a women's team. Have we got one?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Fixtures on 10:39 - Aug 21 with 3990 viewsjonahwhereru

I don’t mind how the fixtures run at the start of the season. A newly promoted team 2 promotion contenders Accy and a relegated team.
Not sure when the transfer window closes, but after the Hull game we will have a decent perception of where we stand. Depending on those early results we could either shut up shop on transfers or see a late flurry of loanee / unattached players coming in.
Plenty to look forward to.
UTD
Fixtures on 11:06 - Aug 21 with 3869 viewsNorthernDale

Looking at the fixtures we will could and in truth likely to have zero points after the first four games, the start is awful, our best hope for points in the initial start to the season, is Accy away.
Fixtures on 11:14 - Aug 21 with 3841 viewsboromat

Add the cup games to that list and it just looks nuts.

Really difficult start teams wise and congestion wise. Getting through the early rounds of the cup maybe beneficial financially (not as much as normally) but this year more than ever it'll be a hindrance when it comes to the league.

I'd be happy to see young squads put out for all the cup games I think.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Fixtures on 11:23 - Aug 21 with 3796 viewsDalenet

Fixtures on 11:14 - Aug 21 by boromat

Really difficult start teams wise and congestion wise. Getting through the early rounds of the cup maybe beneficial financially (not as much as normally) but this year more than ever it'll be a hindrance when it comes to the league.

Won't the youngsters be knackered from the League games?

Fixtures on 11:32 - Aug 21 with 3756 viewsTVOS1907

Fixtures on 11:06 - Aug 21 by NorthernDale

Looking at the fixtures we will could and in truth likely to have zero points after the first four games, the start is awful, our best hope for points in the initial start to the season, is Accy away.

While you could be right, let's remember that Swindon were in League 2 last season and Ipswich had one of the worst records in League One after Christmas.

Also, the absence of crowds removes quite a strong home advantage factor for these clubs.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fixtures on 11:33 - Aug 21 with 3747 viewsaleanddale

Fixtures on 11:06 - Aug 21 by NorthernDale

Looks tough on paper good job we play on grass.

A win against Swindon and a clean sheet would give us a shot of confidence as we take on Portsmouth and Ipswich early!!!

Might be a really good time to play them.

Looking forward to it.... bring it on.
Fixtures on 11:36 - Aug 21 with 3730 viewsTVOS1907

Fixtures on 11:14 - Aug 21 by boromat

Or, we could be out of the League Cup before the league fixtures have even started, which would leave five consecutive Saturday League One matches in September & October, with the EFL Trophy to be fitted in somewhere, before we've even got to the first midweek league game.

It's hardly likely we'll be playing two games per week, every week, until the clocks go back.

Fixtures on 11:41 - Aug 21 with 3704 viewsAtThePeake

Fixtures on 11:32 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

While you could be right, let's remember that Swindon were in League 2 last season and Ipswich had one of the worst records in League One after Christmas.

Also, the absence of crowds removes quite a strong home advantage factor for these clubs.

Swindon have lost their star man too of course. Far from unbeatable.

Tangled up in blue.

Fixtures on 11:56 - Aug 21 with 3633 viewsEllDale

No complaints really, it could have been a lot worse.
Not much scope in the New Year for rearranged games if we have a bad winter though.
Fixtures on 12:04 - Aug 21 with 3592 views100notout

Looks tough but we have to play all teams twice anyway so bring it on!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Fixtures on 12:11 - Aug 21 with 3561 viewsfitzochris

It's a tough start. It's hard to argue against. Swindon are League Two champions (with or without their star man), and both Portsmouth and Ipswich, in terms of stature at least, should be much stronger than us as far as squad depth goes.

However, I'm certainly not adopting the attitude of 'we might as well not bother then'. Southampton away, all those seasons ago, shows that the above doesn't have to have the result set in stone.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Fixtures on 12:30 - Aug 21 with 3468 viewsboromat

Fixtures on 11:36 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

Or, we could be out of the League Cup before the league fixtures have even started, which would leave five consecutive Saturday League One matches in September & October, with the EFL Trophy to be fitted in somewhere, before we've even got to the first midweek league game.

It's hardly likely we'll be playing two games per week, every week, until the clocks go back.

Yep exactly. I think it'll be interesting to see how we approach the cup competitions this year.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Fixtures on 13:47 - Aug 21 with 3223 viewsTVOS1907

Fixtures on 12:30 - Aug 21 by boromat

Yep exactly. I think it'll be interesting to see how we approach the cup competitions this year.

I would imagine like every other year and I'd be disappointed if we did anything different.

Fixtures on 13:55 - Aug 21 with 3194 viewsShun

Fixtures on 09:23 - Aug 21 by todmordendale

Pitman will not be there to haunt us for our first home game.

He’ll find a way.
Fixtures on 15:06 - Aug 21 with 3001 views442Dale

Not sure if it’s been announced anywhere else, but the BBC site has the EFL Trophy dates listed on the fixtures:

8th Sep. Morecambe away
6th Oct. Man Utd u21s home
10th Nov. Salford home

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rochdale/scores-fixtures/2020-09

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fixtures on 15:08 - Aug 21 with 2991 viewsisitme

Fixtures on 15:06 - Aug 21 by 442Dale

Not sure if it’s been announced anywhere else, but the BBC site has the EFL Trophy dates listed on the fixtures:

8th Sep. Morecambe away
6th Oct. Man Utd u21s home
10th Nov. Salford home

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rochdale/scores-fixtures/2020-09

Two more home games to watch then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024