Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right then... 16:18 - May 1 with 7552 viewsfunkkk

...how do we mobilise to get Bottomley out?
Right then... on 16:24 - May 1 with 3704 viewsRippDale

It can only happen when fans are in the stadium and our voices can be heard. On forums and social media it can always be argued that it is a dissenting minority
Right then... on 16:32 - May 1 with 3646 viewskel

Right then... on 16:24 - May 1 by RippDale

It can only happen when fans are in the stadium and our voices can be heard. On forums and social media it can always be argued that it is a dissenting minority

Yep. I think when he was talking about the media black out thing yesterday he was also trying to make a point about the stick he’s getting on social media.
Right then... on 16:59 - May 1 with 3485 viewsnordenblue

Right then... on 16:32 - May 1 by kel

Yep. I think when he was talking about the media black out thing yesterday he was also trying to make a point about the stick he’s getting on social media.

Surprised he didn't shed a tear or two...

Sadly he doesn't get enough, the guys stealing a living and seemingly pretty untouchable.
Right then... on 17:01 - May 1 with 3461 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Spot on.....this radio silence on Social Media will suit Bot Bot but it's really time for him and Brian to sod off after this debacle of a season......utter sh*te from pre season friendlies.

Keep your hard earned money in your pocket till this happens.
Right then... on 17:03 - May 1 with 3416 viewskel

Right then... on 17:01 - May 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

Spot on.....this radio silence on Social Media will suit Bot Bot but it's really time for him and Brian to sod off after this debacle of a season......utter sh*te from pre season friendlies.

Keep your hard earned money in your pocket till this happens.

No coincidence that the first communication in weeks from the club came just hours before said black out. They must think we’re as gullible as the mongs up the road.
Right then... on 17:11 - May 1 with 3328 viewsHopwoodblue

Right then... on 17:03 - May 1 by kel

No coincidence that the first communication in weeks from the club came just hours before said black out. They must think we’re as gullible as the mongs up the road.

If this regime is in place come August I can only see one outcome next season and that’s another relegation battle. The same excuses will be used and no blame will be accepted by directors and management. There seems to be no accountability only reward for failure.
If they had any integrity they would all walk away now.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Right then... on 17:16 - May 1 with 3260 viewsJames1980

Right then... on 17:11 - May 1 by Hopwoodblue

If this regime is in place come August I can only see one outcome next season and that’s another relegation battle. The same excuses will be used and no blame will be accepted by directors and management. There seems to be no accountability only reward for failure.
If they had any integrity they would all walk away now.

How can the same excuses be used? We are not going to play another congested season behind closed doors are we?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Right then... on 17:18 - May 1 with 3227 viewsD_Alien

Is there an alternative candidate who has sufficient credentials to put themselves forward for leading the fight to oust DB, and who unlike CD hadn't seemingly burnt bridges with major shareholders?

There are potential candidates, and if insufficient funds were an obstacle, i'd be more than willing to support a crowdfunding effort as i'm sure many hundreds (maybe even a couple of thousand) other Daleys would be

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Right then... on 17:22 - May 1 with 3189 viewsHopwoodblue

Right then... on 17:16 - May 1 by James1980

How can the same excuses be used? We are not going to play another congested season behind closed doors are we?

Believe you me the poor financial state of the club will be used.
They knew how much relegation would cost and that will be right at the top of the list when questions are asked re signing players for next season.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 17:22]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Right then... on 17:22 - May 1 with 3175 viewsBigKindo

Until he departs, in 12 months time you may be scratching your heads and asking how do we get to Kings Lynn. I have already advised another Director some weeks ago that after 70 years of attendance there will be no season ticket purchases for two of us. He asked me to change my mind but I said that would happen when they got rid of Bottomley. The man has alienated and haemoraged fans.
Right then... on 17:28 - May 1 with 3100 viewsTomRAFC

I was someone who, up until recently, had found it almost impossible not to buy a season ticket, although I have huge respect for those with the ability stay away.

My suggestion would be this. Don't buy season tickets. Still turn up at the ground and be incredibly vocal (without being neanderthal). Ensure the club know that, when Bottomley and BBM are gone, we'd be more than happy to buy tickets. I don't want to give him the opportunity to use the entitled and manipulative arguement that fans don't love the club because they are withholding funds.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 17:49]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Right then... on 17:31 - May 1 with 3081 viewsfunkkk

Can we afford to wait until we can attend games to voice our displeasure? I know there’s been season ticket boycott talks but is that a clear enough message? It needs backing up with proper action.

I’d be well behind any protest not held under the banner of former hooligans.
Right then... on 17:40 - May 1 with 2997 viewsfunkkk

Right then... on 17:28 - May 1 by TomRAFC

I was someone who, up until recently, had found it almost impossible not to buy a season ticket, although I have huge respect for those with the ability stay away.

My suggestion would be this. Don't buy season tickets. Still turn up at the ground and be incredibly vocal (without being neanderthal). Ensure the club know that, when Bottomley and BBM are gone, we'd be more than happy to buy tickets. I don't want to give him the opportunity to use the entitled and manipulative arguement that fans don't love the club because they are withholding funds.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 17:49]

I would encourage anybody who is deciding against buying a season ticket to email your reasons to the man himself - david.bottomley@rochdaleafc.co.uk.

Anybody else worth copying in?
Right then... on 17:45 - May 1 with 2938 viewsDalenet

Right then... on 17:40 - May 1 by funkkk

I would encourage anybody who is deciding against buying a season ticket to email your reasons to the man himself - david.bottomley@rochdaleafc.co.uk.

He never responds to emails from fans. no point

If anybody decides to buy a season ticket in summer - use your head and use a credit card. With this Board in charge you never know where we are heading
Right then... on 17:47 - May 1 with 2925 viewsAtThePeake

Right then... on 17:31 - May 1 by funkkk

Can we afford to wait until we can attend games to voice our displeasure? I know there’s been season ticket boycott talks but is that a clear enough message? It needs backing up with proper action.

I’d be well behind any protest not held under the banner of former hooligans.

Both can be effective and hopefully supporters can mobilise to do both, but personally I believe the withholding of funds is a clearer message and closer to 'proper action' than a protest. A protest can be ignored quite easily but if the board genuinely care about the future of the club, a lack of or reduced income can't be.

Tangled up in blue.

Right then... on 17:48 - May 1 with 2911 viewselectricblue

Right then... on 16:59 - May 1 by nordenblue

Surprised he didn't shed a tear or two...

Sadly he doesn't get enough, the guys stealing a living and seemingly pretty untouchable.

He did have a slight smirk on his dial.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Right then... on 17:48 - May 1 with 2903 viewsAtThePeake

Right then... on 17:45 - May 1 by Dalenet

If anybody decides to buy a season ticket in summer - use your head and use a credit card. With this Board in charge you never know where we are heading

Actually, I emailed him on Wednesday and did get a reply on Thursday... a reply telling me that he had been very busy but would follow up with a full reply by the end of the day.

Not received that full reply yet.

Tangled up in blue.

Right then... on 17:52 - May 1 with 2859 viewsfunkkk

Right then... on 17:45 - May 1 by Dalenet

It’s not about getting a response it’s about making our feelings known.
Right then... on 17:56 - May 1 with 2826 viewselectricblue

To remove bottomley from the club then a two targetted approach is required.
One
If possible message the boardmembers to say why bottomley needs removing.

Two
The trust will be open for memberships renewals and to take on new members, so join and we all stress our points through the trust to the board about Bottomley.....

There needs to be away of by passing any involvement of Bottomley when doing the above.....

Right then... on 17:58 - May 1 with 2811 viewsfunkkk

Right then... on 17:56 - May 1 by electricblue

To remove bottomley from the club then a two targetted approach is required.
One
If possible message the boardmembers to say why bottomley needs removing.

Two
The trust will be open for memberships renewals and to take on new members, so join and we all stress our points through the trust to the board about Bottomley.....

There needs to be away of by passing any involvement of Bottomley when doing the above.....

The Trust can definitely have a big role to play here. This needs fighting head on.
Right then... on 18:01 - May 1 with 2792 views49thseason

Right then... on 17:40 - May 1 by funkkk

What's the point he doesn't answer emails. and probably doesn't read them either. He has the skin of a Rhinoceros. He claims to be a fan like the rest of us but he isn't , he is a self-serving opportunist who has inveigled his way into the club and taken advantage of the weakness of a Board of Directors who grew too fat and comfortable enjoying their corporate hospitality whilst letting Keith Hill run things. Now there is no one capable of putting him back in his box except the shareholders. The mistake made by the Trust was in trying to force them all to stand for re-election. they should have targeted Bottomley and made the point that as CEO and a Director there is a conflict of interest. Getting him off the Board would make it easier for a new board to sack him. or at least put him in a box where he could do little damage.
Right then... on 18:02 - May 1 with 2776 viewsD_Alien

Right then... on 18:01 - May 1 by 49thseason

What's the point he doesn't answer emails. and probably doesn't read them either. He has the skin of a Rhinoceros. He claims to be a fan like the rest of us but he isn't , he is a self-serving opportunist who has inveigled his way into the club and taken advantage of the weakness of a Board of Directors who grew too fat and comfortable enjoying their corporate hospitality whilst letting Keith Hill run things. Now there is no one capable of putting him back in his box except the shareholders. The mistake made by the Trust was in trying to force them all to stand for re-election. they should have targeted Bottomley and made the point that as CEO and a Director there is a conflict of interest. Getting him off the Board would make it easier for a new board to sack him. or at least put him in a box where he could do little damage.

"The mistake made by the Trust was in trying to force them all to stand for re-election. they should have targeted Bottomley and made the point that as CEO and a Director there is a conflict of interest. "

Absolutely 100% spot on with that

Instead, the Trust has forced them to gather their wagons around him

[Post edited 1 May 2021 18:04]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Right then... on 18:07 - May 1 with 2710 viewsDalenet

Right then... on 18:01 - May 1 by 49thseason

The mistake by the Trust was to embrace him as they did a few seasons ago. He could do no wrong. We have Rawlinson who has form at telling the fans to feck off. Bottomley now has a siege mentality. And Kelly who is focussed on trying to find somebody to take over the poisoned chalice. Does anybody believe the current Board will listen to the fans right now, whether through the Trust or directly? It will be a long summer.
Right then... on 18:09 - May 1 with 2685 viewsjudd

Right then... on 18:07 - May 1 by Dalenet

The mistake by the Trust was to embrace him as they did a few seasons ago. He could do no wrong. We have Rawlinson who has form at telling the fans to feck off. Bottomley now has a siege mentality. And Kelly who is focussed on trying to find somebody to take over the poisoned chalice. Does anybody believe the current Board will listen to the fans right now, whether through the Trust or directly? It will be a long summer.

No

Poll: What is it to be then?

Right then... on 18:11 - May 1 with 2662 viewselectricblue

Right then... on 18:07 - May 1 by Dalenet

They may listen to no money coming in from season tickets though as money speaks..
Ok some may say by doing so may damage the club but isnt the club damaged anyway!

Have the bottle Daleys and hold tight to your money if you want change its the only way.......
[Post edited 1 May 2021 18:13]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024