Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Hill left 21:57 - Jan 1 with 6436 viewsDale92

Who would you want to take over? Being realistic.
I've had a quick thought of who's available;
Darrel Clarke, Nolan, Kewell, Robbie Fowler, Hurst, Gary Bowyer, Hasselbaink.
Theirs a lot of inexpierence out there, has beens or people who want an open checkbook. Out of that lineup I'd want to Clarke or Nolan, wouldn't mind Bowyer.
I was Hill in for a while but the last few games have been the straw that broke the camels back, i always thought he'd leave us for better things.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 21:58]

This is the One, I've waited for

If Hill left on 22:02 - Jan 1 with 5273 viewsrochdale_ranger

Fook it. Gary Jones on an interim basis till the end of the. Season with a two year contract on reward for a decent performance.
If Hill left on 22:10 - Jan 1 with 5213 viewsmacro

Can;t see Hill going anywhere, if we were relegated he’d still be at the club but from those names

Hasselbaink is a disaster area - no way
Nolan seems to have faded fast - no thanks
Clarke wasn’t;t popular at Rovers - poor recruitment
Kewell, Fowler - no

Hurst 2 decent jobs and then a shocker
Bowyer has seeming done OK

This is going to sound like a strange comparison but Hill is almost the poor mans Mourinho. Hill seems to have been left behind tactically, teams are playing at pace and decisively breaking forward and it’s not being dealt with much like Mourinho was at the end at Utd. We seem ponderous and hesitant. When I saw todays line up I feared a drubbing, no natural width against a team who play with width and like to whip crosses in was asking for trouble, I would like to see the quick fire breaks of the NML days back and KH to stop tinkering with tactics and stick to a system.
If Hill left on 22:30 - Jan 1 with 5123 viewsTomRAFC

Hurst would absolutely be my first choice. Good record at this level.

If we can't afford an external candidate then the current member of staff I'd go for is Brian Barry-Murphy. Passing style player who is supposedly well liked amongst the team. Has his coaching badges so a sensible cheap option.

Gary Jones wouldn't be on my list. Great player for Dale, but no logical reason to offer him the job other than idealism.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 22:36]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

If Hill left on 16:49 - Jan 2 with 4677 viewsdiver

John Askey did a good job at Macc
If Hill left on 16:56 - Jan 2 with 4617 viewsTVOS1907

If Hill left on 16:49 - Jan 2 by diver

John Askey did a good job at Macc

..and a poor one at Shrewsbury.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

If Hill left on 17:08 - Jan 2 with 4578 viewsrichfoad32

Why does it necessarily have to be the same tired old names from the managerial merry go round? Would it be too much of a risk to appoint someone from the National League (or lower)? I'm not that familiar with non league but Cowley started out at Braintree and is now getting rave reviews for the job he's doing at Lincoln. Everybody has to start somewhere and I'm sure there are plenty of names with fresh ideas who just need to be given a chance.

I'm in no way advocating that Hill should be ousted by the way.
If Hill left on 22:14 - Jan 2 with 4401 viewsTomRAFC

If Hill left on 17:08 - Jan 2 by richfoad32

Why does it necessarily have to be the same tired old names from the managerial merry go round? Would it be too much of a risk to appoint someone from the National League (or lower)? I'm not that familiar with non league but Cowley started out at Braintree and is now getting rave reviews for the job he's doing at Lincoln. Everybody has to start somewhere and I'm sure there are plenty of names with fresh ideas who just need to be given a chance.

The infamous Gary Brabin has a decent lower league record...

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

If Hill left on 23:24 - Jan 2 with 4278 viewsCrede_Sign0

Matt Jansen
Login to get fewer ads

If Hill left on 00:20 - Jan 3 with 4176 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Great and popular player in his days for t'Rovers.......what's he up to these days?

Does he have his badges?
If Hill left on 05:33 - Jan 3 with 4057 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Every club needs a Dave Sutton
If Hill left on 07:39 - Jan 3 with 3956 viewsEllDale

Until last June Jansen was manager at Chorley.
If Hill left on 09:29 - Jan 3 with 3805 viewselectricblue

I think Gary Bowyer is the lodgical move to make or Mark Warburton that is Hill left...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

If Hill left on 10:46 - Jan 3 with 3700 viewsjonahwhereru

If Hill left on 17:08 - Jan 2 by richfoad32

The Crowley brothers started out at Concord Rangers, when Danny was a PE teacher at a school in Rayleigh. Dare say he can cut his cloth according to the tools he has, but his teams are pretty direct. Which is why Calvin would be a good fit for them.

Handling the ego’s of seasoned professionals rather than part timers would be the gamble in taking someone from a lower league.

Rather like the England set up when the time eventually comes I would like to think BBM will have been prepared to take over the team. Less of a gamble imo.
If Hill left on 21:08 - Jan 3 with 3443 viewsBrookers81

If Hill left on 10:46 - Jan 3 by jonahwhereru

The Crowley brothers started out at Concord Rangers, when Danny was a PE teacher at a school in Rayleigh. Dare say he can cut his cloth according to the tools he has, but his teams are pretty direct. Which is why Calvin would be a good fit for them.

Handling the ego’s of seasoned professionals rather than part timers would be the gamble in taking someone from a lower league.

Rather like the England set up when the time eventually comes I would like to think BBM will have been prepared to take over the team. Less of a gamble imo.

would be happy with any of these ... mark warburton, gary bowyer, ian holloway, paul heckingbottom, paul hurst or simon grayson would be a good shortlist of six.
1. mark warburton
2. gary bowyer
3. simon grayson
4 ian holloway
5. paul heckingbottom
6. paul hurst

Poll: Which position do we need to sign a new player in first ?

If Hill left on 21:18 - Jan 3 with 3409 viewsThacks_Rabbits

If Hill left on 21:08 - Jan 3 by Brookers81

would be happy with any of these ... mark warburton, gary bowyer, ian holloway, paul heckingbottom, paul hurst or simon grayson would be a good shortlist of six.
1. mark warburton
2. gary bowyer
3. simon grayson
4 ian holloway
5. paul heckingbottom
6. paul hurst

Warburtons no chance at all.
Holloway no chance at all
Hurst no chance at all
Other 3 possible but will want more than hill. So probably no chance at all.

We wil get relegated before we pay hill 400k, as he is as good as we will get

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

If Hill left on 22:03 - Jan 3 with 3332 viewsShun

If Hill left on 21:18 - Jan 3 by Thacks_Rabbits

Warburtons no chance at all.
Holloway no chance at all
Hurst no chance at all
Other 3 possible but will want more than hill. So probably no chance at all.

We wil get relegated before we pay hill 400k, as he is as good as we will get

Why would we have no chance of Hurst? He’s only managed one ‘big’ club, his other jobs were at clubs a similar size or smaller than us. There are a lot more unemployed managers than there are vacant manager jobs - they need us more than we need them.
If Hill left on 15:24 - Jan 4 with 3093 viewsBrookers81

If Hill left on 21:08 - Jan 3 by Brookers81

1. mark warburton
2. gary bowyer
3. simon grayson
4 ian holloway
5. paul heckingbottom
6. paul hurst

Will Rochdale get relegated if Keith Hill stays in charge ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Which position do we need to sign a new player in first ?

If Hill left on 17:32 - Jan 4 with 2998 viewsYadHoDale

If we needed a new manager, then the outstanding external candidates for me would be Gary Bowyer or Darrell Clarke, who were both reasonably successful and then shafted this season by incompetent chairmen.

Internally, who knows - Chris Beech, BBM, Tony Ellis, Hendo and Joe Thompson as joint player-managers??

On the whole, we're probably better off with Keith...
If Hill left on 18:13 - Jan 4 with 2949 viewsThacks_Rabbits

If Hill left on 22:03 - Jan 3 by Shun

Why would we have no chance of Hurst? He’s only managed one ‘big’ club, his other jobs were at clubs a similar size or smaller than us. There are a lot more unemployed managers than there are vacant manager jobs - they need us more than we need them.

A few reasons, in no particular order, although only my opinion.

1. He is just as much of a risk as hill overall, and has achieved arguably less.

2. He will want a decent amount of money, both for transfers and wages, for him and players.

3. He will probably have better offers out there.

4. He is apparently still being paid in some form by Ipswich, as part of his settlement, so is likely to lose money if he takes a new role - see point 2.

All the above I suppose could be negotiated I suppose, but it would only be if hill resigned, we would not pay off Hill to get a similar level manager IMHO.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

If Hill left on 18:46 - Jan 4 with 2896 viewsRAFCBLUE

If Hill left on 18:13 - Jan 4 by Thacks_Rabbits

A few reasons, in no particular order, although only my opinion.

1. He is just as much of a risk as hill overall, and has achieved arguably less.

2. He will want a decent amount of money, both for transfers and wages, for him and players.

3. He will probably have better offers out there.

4. He is apparently still being paid in some form by Ipswich, as part of his settlement, so is likely to lose money if he takes a new role - see point 2.

All the above I suppose could be negotiated I suppose, but it would only be if hill resigned, we would not pay off Hill to get a similar level manager IMHO.

We're not in the market for a manager is probably the biggest reason but Hurst comes with baggage.

For a start he has an agent. A bit rare for a lower division manager but nevertheless he has one. That agent was the facilitator of the move to Ipswich.

The thoughts of Brian Caldwell (Shrewsbury CEO) were very candidate when Paul left : "Paul is an ambitious manager and wants to manage at the highest level possible."

Given, if we finished 20th that makes us the 62nd best team in the country, Hurst strikes me as a person who'd see 61 better options!

His reputation dropped in the way that Ipswich move was engineered; and after the disappointment of losing a playoff final.

I think that would make a few wary of taking him.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

If Hill left on 16:57 - Jan 5 with 2656 viewsdavidab2202

Feel that this is now looking more likely than it probably was a couple of weeks ago.Three totally unacceptable performances against teams who are not the front runners in the league appear to leave us in a position that needs addressing.
Notice that the usual names as a possible replacement are being suggested.
A little bit of an outside the box thinking I would throw in Tim Flowers who has done a good job at Solihull Moors on probably a restricted budget
If Hill left on 17:01 - Jan 5 with 2622 viewsDale92

Good shout with Flowers but will we pay compo? For me it's between Clarke, Bowyer and BBM with maybe Bayliss as his number 2 leave Ellis where he is. I love Hill but it's unfortunate to say the ride is over. Happens to every manager bar Fergie. I'd still want him back in the future at some point for sure. He's a legend and always will be revered but he's doing himself and the club harm now.

This is the One, I've waited for

If Hill left on 17:06 - Jan 5 with 2534 viewsAncoats_Blue

Morecambe’s manager copes on a shoestring budget. Fear he’d be a bit Coleman though.
If Hill left on 17:10 - Jan 5 with 2480 viewselectricblue

If you watched the FA Cup and the on pitch prematch interview with flowers he made the comment that the coach takes the training and he leaves him to it.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

If Hill left on 17:12 - Jan 5 with 2463 viewsFalingeParka

Assuming he's going, appointing the kind of journeyman manager available and within our budget is the worst thing we can do. BBM till the end of the season (if he'll take it). Budget now for League 2. If we stay up that's a bonus. Invite applications from all over the place. Interview 100 never-heard-ofs in the hope hope hope to find a diamond.

ColonelHall

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024