Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained/released list 14:17 - May 10 with 14798 viewsSuddenLad

Not sure how soon we can expect ours to be released, but Port Vale have had a 15-man clear out this morning.

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2021/may/202021-retained-list/

I imagine similar carnage will be a theme at many clubs for commercial reasons.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Retained/released list on 14:20 - May 10 with 7352 viewsJames1980

If similar 'carnage' ensues at other clubs it could become very much a buyers market.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Retained/released list on 14:33 - May 10 with 7312 viewsTomRAFC

Retained/released list on 14:20 - May 10 by James1980

If similar 'carnage' ensues at other clubs it could become very much a buyers market.

The idea of a buyer's market is very appealing but it depends on how well you know your target, and your backup target, and your backup backup target.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Retained/released list on 14:41 - May 10 with 7277 viewsDaleiLama

Retained/released list on 14:33 - May 10 by TomRAFC

The idea of a buyer's market is very appealing but it depends on how well you know your target, and your backup target, and your backup backup target.

....... "your backup target, and your backup backup target"

Plan B and plan C?

Novel approach - like your thinking. We might even end up with a LB doing that?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Retained/released list on 14:53 - May 10 with 7245 viewsJames1980

Retained/released list on 14:33 - May 10 by TomRAFC

Although any plan to supplement a fall in income with player sales might not be as successful. We'd have to focus on a return to league one.

Retained/released list on 14:58 - May 10 with 7230 viewsDale92

Devante Rodney, am i wrong in thinking weve been linked to him in the past?

This is the One, I've waited for

Retained/released list on 15:03 - May 10 with 7198 viewselectricblue

Retained/released list on 14:58 - May 10 by Dale92

Not a LB though..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Retained/released list on 15:10 - May 10 with 7164 viewsChaffRAFC

We had a Nialle Rodney on trial once?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Retained/released list on 15:31 - May 10 with 7072 viewsfinberty

Retained/released list on 14:53 - May 10 by James1980

Although any plan to supplement a fall in income with player sales might not be as successful. We'd have to focus on a return to league one.

"We'd have to focus on a return to league one."

Well yes.

Just as we focussed very hard on not leaving it with a whimper.

I do not look forward to the inevitable exhortation to 'join the lads in striving for promotion' back to where we've just been. Surely easier to stay there in the first place, than start from scratch with no money and one third of a squad?
Login to get fewer ads

Retained/released list on 15:36 - May 10 with 7060 viewsJames1980

'Devante Rodney' sounds like something Del Boy would say

Retained/released list on 15:39 - May 10 with 7049 viewsJames1980

Retained/released list on 15:31 - May 10 by finberty

"We'd have to focus on a return to league one."

Well yes.

Just as we focussed very hard on not leaving it with a whimper.

I do not look forward to the inevitable exhortation to 'join the lads in striving for promotion' back to where we've just been. Surely easier to stay there in the first place, than start from scratch with no money and one third of a squad?

I meant rather than a firesale to make up for the shortfall in income, if the prices aren't right for our 'assets'. Keep hold of them for what will hopefully be a quick return to the 3rd tier.

Retained/released list on 17:48 - May 10 with 6770 viewsNorthernDale

When do you think Bottomley will issue the retain list?

I suspect that Sam Hart will become a free transfer, with Southend's relegation.
Retained/released list on 18:09 - May 10 with 6697 viewsShun

Retained/released list on 17:48 - May 10 by NorthernDale

When do you think Bottomley will issue the retain list?

I suspect that Sam Hart will become a free transfer, with Southend's relegation.

Keaton Mulvey has joined the increasing list of Dale players who have posted tweets that look awfully like goodbyes.

In among Mulvey’s replies I did find this one, seemingly from a friend. Perhaps the players will discover their fate this Thursday.

Retained/released list on 18:09 - May 10 with 6696 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Retained/released list on 15:36 - May 10 by James1980

'Devante Rodney' sounds like something Del Boy would say

Cushty, Jimbo Cushty!.......you're on today.
Retained/released list on 18:31 - May 10 with 6634 viewsleedsdale

Retained/released list on 18:09 - May 10 by Shun

Keaton Mulvey has joined the increasing list of Dale players who have posted tweets that look awfully like goodbyes.

In among Mulvey’s replies I did find this one, seemingly from a friend. Perhaps the players will discover their fate this Thursday.

Seddon works as an agent, possibly to Mulvey as well, so I also thought the same about Thursday
Retained/released list on 21:15 - May 10 with 6337 viewsboromat

Sounds like we might find out Friday then possibly. Do we know if Port Vale offered any contracts to existing players? It didn't sound like it. I'm half expecting that to be the case with ourselves. Also the comment about discussions with players under contract was interesting, possibly looking to get rid of more on mutual terms.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Retained/released list on 22:31 - May 10 with 6223 viewsJames1980

Humphrys' Instagram story is a highlight reel.

Retained/released list on 22:47 - May 10 with 6175 viewsdale5758

ive had a great idea itll save the club a fortune we will release hendo and cal camps
[Post edited 10 May 2021 22:48]

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

Retained/released list on 05:58 - May 11 with 5985 viewsnordenblue

Retained/released list on 22:47 - May 10 by dale5758

ive had a great idea itll save the club a fortune we will release hendo and cal camps
[Post edited 10 May 2021 22:48]

Both were out of contract, a decision taken by the player to exercise their rights to look elsewhere for work.... should we have maybe tied them both up until they re signed?
Retained/released list on 06:49 - May 11 with 5939 viewsJames1980

Retained/released list on 05:58 - May 11 by nordenblue

Both were out of contract, a decision taken by the player to exercise their rights to look elsewhere for work.... should we have maybe tied them both up until they re signed?

Luca Brasi should have been involved in the contract negotiations.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 6:50]

Retained/released list on 19:29 - May 11 with 5459 viewsEllDale

Retained/released list on 18:31 - May 10 by leedsdale

Seddon works as an agent, possibly to Mulvey as well, so I also thought the same about Thursday

Seddon is an agent but my understanding is that he operates mainly at non-league level.
Mulvey has never really had a chance to show what he can do.
Retained/released list on 19:45 - May 11 with 5397 viewsBrierls

Retained/released list on 19:29 - May 11 by EllDale

Seddon is an agent but my understanding is that he operates mainly at non-league level.
Mulvey has never really had a chance to show what he can do.

Do you think that could possibly be down to him not being good enough for League football?

He's been out on loan several times, to clubs further down the non-league pyramid, and not exactly set the world alight.

Dale saw something in him and took a punt on him with the hope that he could make the step up with full time training etc. It hasn't worked out. That isn't unusual. I think the article on the OS when Mulvey signed originally gave an unrealisitc expectation that he'd be pushing for the first team.
Retained/released list on 19:58 - May 11 with 5358 viewsSuddenLad

Retained/released list on 19:45 - May 11 by Brierls

Do you think that could possibly be down to him not being good enough for League football?

He's been out on loan several times, to clubs further down the non-league pyramid, and not exactly set the world alight.

Dale saw something in him and took a punt on him with the hope that he could make the step up with full time training etc. It hasn't worked out. That isn't unusual. I think the article on the OS when Mulvey signed originally gave an unrealisitc expectation that he'd be pushing for the first team.

That's correct, but I thought he was said to be at least 12 months away from being ready for 1st team involvement at the time, and the idea of him being sent out was to continue his development in readiness.

Maybe that reports on his progress haven't been favourable. Remains to be seen whether he'll be part of the future but he was described as a 'good acquisition' at the time.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Retained/released list on 21:09 - May 11 with 5231 viewsboromat

I always saw the signing of Mulvey as part of this idea that we had a 'development squad' we'll see how that's worked out in a few days when we find out how Dunne, Mulvey, Hopper, Wade, Bradley have all progressed. And how many 2nd years get offered deals to back fill these development roles.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Retained/released list on 12:25 - May 13 with 4734 viewseitoof

Retained/released list on 21:09 - May 11 by boromat

I always saw the signing of Mulvey as part of this idea that we had a 'development squad' we'll see how that's worked out in a few days when we find out how Dunne, Mulvey, Hopper, Wade, Bradley have all progressed. And how many 2nd years get offered deals to back fill these development roles.

I'd forgotten Mulvey existed
Retained/released list on 13:00 - May 13 with 4641 viewsSaxonDale

Think Covid and the suspension of non-league football really affected Mulvey’s chances of learning and progressing. Clearly not ready for League football, but could maybe have got their had he been able to play 30+ Non league games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024