Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? 23:12 - Jun 13 with 2383 viewsA1079

I will be honest, I have actually not missed football during this period and had kind of resigned myself to the season not restarting or not even bothered whether it did or not.

Now that it is, I cannot say I feel any sense of excitement and I have mixed views whether it should be restarting, but I am more apprehensive about how we will perform because we still need some precious points. Why do I feel like that? For several reasons really. It is like the season starting again, but we are traditionally slow starters and we cannot afford to be. Whenever there have been breaks we have not done that well and tended to be rusty - again we cannot afford to be. We seemed to be on another wobble before the break, I just hope there will not be complacency. Talk of Hojbergs situation will not help when we still need every player to get us across the line.

Teams that were struggling before the break have had a chance to re-group and get injuries out of the way. Then there is the opposition that they will play. If they play each other then both teams will go out, but will teams that are safe with players indifferent if they are safe be bothered to offer that much opposition.

I appreciate that this is a pessimistic view, because we may come out all guns blazing and set the PL in these remaining games. It is just that is is Saints. We don't do easy.
How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 00:02 - Jun 14 with 2374 viewsgreen

Similar to my thoughts. I know we've got a bit of a cushion but we're not safe from relegation yet and it wouldn't take many poor results to see us right back in it.

Wondering if our poor home form and good away form will balance itself out without crowds to play in front of.
How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 00:05 - Jun 14 with 2368 viewsPatfromPoole

It will be a terrible watch.

People getting really excited about it are completely naive about how dull it will be.

Just hope we can stay up. Safety is far from guaranteed.

Apart from that, couldn’t give a toss.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 00:35 - Jun 14 with 2363 viewscocklebreath

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 00:05 - Jun 14 by PatfromPoole

It will be a terrible watch.

People getting really excited about it are completely naive about how dull it will be.

Just hope we can stay up. Safety is far from guaranteed.

Apart from that, couldn’t give a toss.

I fear for your mental health Pat, you are becoming increasingly negative, chin up, life’s good.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 00:37 - Jun 14 with 2363 viewsSteveMoron

You're not selling it!
Looking forward to it myself.
Only 3 points needed and that should be that.
A walk in the park.
How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 06:59 - Jun 14 with 2343 viewsRipleys_revenge

Good points and as ever there’s valid cause for concern as, yes, nothing is straightforward with Saints!

However im slightly more optimistic. Our players have also had a rest and we should be getting some key players back from injury - Redmond and Armstrong especially.

I’m also encouraged by Ralph’s reported work during the off period and I suspect that he’ll be one of the more prepared managers in the league. He seems to be quite a football obsessive, and my hope is that this translates to a quick start out of the blocks when things get going.

We are indeed terrible starters! I sense though that your worries are based mainly on how we have historically performed at the start of seasons gone by. Feel this is a slightly different situation and that we might actually be quite well set to kick on. Here’s hoping anyway!
How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 08:16 - Jun 14 with 2294 viewssaint22

It’s crazy given the ongoing situation we are even playing again
That said 3 pints Friday and we should be safe
I am a little concerned we seem to be entering with an attitude that we are safe already which we aren’t at all
Nothing from our opening two and doubts will set in
There is always one club that gets dragged right back in!
How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 09:40 - Jun 14 with 2271 viewsPatfromPoole

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 00:35 - Jun 14 by cocklebreath

I fear for your mental health Pat, you are becoming increasingly negative, chin up, life’s good.

I’m all good, sir.

I will be watching on Friday night, Heinekens at the ready, hoping to enjoy it. But with my usual cynicism.....

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 10:14 - Jun 14 with 2259 viewscocklebreath

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 09:40 - Jun 14 by PatfromPoole

I’m all good, sir.

I will be watching on Friday night, Heinekens at the ready, hoping to enjoy it. But with my usual cynicism.....

Good man. I she’ll be watching with Amstels and am quietly confident

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 10:27 - Jun 14 with 2249 viewskernow

With Saints' defensive generosity and naivety as well as their profligacy in front of the opposition goal, I'm not confident of a storming end to the season.
Should have enough to secure PL status but it will be achieved the hard way I fully expect.

Would love to be wrong.
How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 17:10 - Jun 14 with 2195 viewsBison

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 10:27 - Jun 14 by kernow

With Saints' defensive generosity and naivety as well as their profligacy in front of the opposition goal, I'm not confident of a storming end to the season.
Should have enough to secure PL status but it will be achieved the hard way I fully expect.

Would love to be wrong.

Ahhh what wonderful negativity , I've missed this . Roll on Friday .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 17:26 - Jun 14 with 2182 viewssaint68

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 17:10 - Jun 14 by Bison

Ahhh what wonderful negativity , I've missed this . Roll on Friday .

I fully expect us to annihilate them 😁

Good times are returning 👍

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 17:39 - Jun 14 with 2174 viewsBison

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 17:26 - Jun 14 by saint68

I fully expect us to annihilate them 😁

Good times are returning 👍

So it's true then ?

You are F'eking deluded !!!

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 17:46 - Jun 14 with 2172 viewssaint68

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 17:39 - Jun 14 by Bison

So it's true then ?

You are F'eking deluded !!!

In Ralph we TRUST ..😁 9th no problem👍

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 18:09 - Jun 14 with 2156 viewskernow

Admirable positivity.
How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 18:11 - Jun 14 with 2154 viewssaint68

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 18:09 - Jun 14 by kernow

Admirable positivity.

👍💕

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 19:47 - Jun 15 with 2078 views1teeminants

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 00:35 - Jun 14 by cocklebreath

This Pat cheer up ffs

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 20:23 - Jun 15 with 2052 viewsHappy_Jack

I'm looking forward to it. There's been fook all on the telly recently and even though it won't be the same I do love the drama of the relegation battle, which hopefully we won't be involved in. The biggest plus should be there'll be something else to talk about apart from the excruciatingly boring political shite that has been ruining this place for the past few weeks.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 12:19 - Jun 16 with 1979 views1teeminants

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 20:23 - Jun 15 by Happy_Jack

I'm looking forward to it. There's been fook all on the telly recently and even though it won't be the same I do love the drama of the relegation battle, which hopefully we won't be involved in. The biggest plus should be there'll be something else to talk about apart from the excruciatingly boring political shite that has been ruining this place for the past few weeks.

I couldnt agree more Jack . I’m very much looking forward to it. Any football is better than no football and I enjoyed the bundesliga more than I thought I would with the Players giving it their all. Roll on Wednesday.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 12:29 - Jun 16 with 1963 viewssaint22

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 20:23 - Jun 15 by Happy_Jack

"there's been fook all on the telly"
Really?
The Last Dance, Cardinal, Ozark, Normal People, I may Destroy You, I Know This Much Is True, Devs etc etc
How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 13:15 - Jun 16 with 1938 viewsTimSaint

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 12:29 - Jun 16 by saint22

Really?
The Last Dance, Cardinal, Ozark, Normal People, I may Destroy You, I Know This Much Is True, Devs etc etc

Maybe he doesn't have Sky or Netflix ? Each to their own, taste wise.

I enjoyed The Last Dance, Sunderland Til I Die and am currently catching up with Ozark which is very good so far.
Cardinal I've read the books, so not in any rush to see them on screen.
Normal People - my missus loved it, but I found it boring and tedious and was waiting for a something big or shocking to happen.

We have also recently watched Sex Education. Was recommended it during lockdown and after 2 episodes, we both liked it a lot and completed both series relatively quickly.

TimSaint

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 13:27 - Jun 16 with 1933 viewsTimSaint

I was skeptical at the start, but now we know it is going to happen, I can't wait for it to start up again, which shows that deep down I have missed it.

A few people I know have planned a celebratory day tomorrow for the return of football and 1 is even having a small gathering / BBQ on Friday evening for the Saints game with the TV outside, social distanced seats etc - so all sounds quite good. He has even taken advantage of the 70% off kit promotion this week and ordered new shirts for his kids. Just waiting for my invite !! :-)

TimSaint

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 13:44 - Jun 16 with 1920 viewssaint22

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 13:15 - Jun 16 by TimSaint

Maybe he doesn't have Sky or Netflix ? Each to their own, taste wise.

I enjoyed The Last Dance, Sunderland Til I Die and am currently catching up with Ozark which is very good so far.
Cardinal I've read the books, so not in any rush to see them on screen.
Normal People - my missus loved it, but I found it boring and tedious and was waiting for a something big or shocking to happen.

We have also recently watched Sex Education. Was recommended it during lockdown and after 2 episodes, we both liked it a lot and completed both series relatively quickly.

I get each to their own but to say nothings on is a bit of a generalisation

Wasn't the point of Normal People that nothing big or shocking happens, i would think thats normal peoples lives no?

Ozark drops off season 2 but better season 3
Cardinal is hit and miss, acting is good and looks great, found the crimes a bit far fetched in season 2
How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 14:11 - Jun 16 with 1910 viewsPatfromPoole

Well there will be this to enhance the “customer experience”.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8425897/Sky-Sports-draw-sou

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 14:48 - Jun 16 with 1894 viewsBuggalugs

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 13:44 - Jun 16 by saint22

I get each to their own but to say nothings on is a bit of a generalisation

Wasn't the point of Normal People that nothing big or shocking happens, i would think thats normal peoples lives no?

Ozark drops off season 2 but better season 3
Cardinal is hit and miss, acting is good and looks great, found the crimes a bit far fetched in season 2

What is shocking is that you like a program called "Normal People".

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 19:12 - Jun 16 with 1850 viewsHappy_Jack

How are we all feeling about the restart of the season? on 12:29 - Jun 16 by saint22

Really?

I caught a new series on Sky Atlantic recently about a New York based business Mogul during the lockdown. Deeply affected by traumatic world events he found a place of sanctuary on the internet. Incognito he posed as a left wing malcontent ranting at the injustices that he saw from the opulant comfort of his Manhattan penthouse. He found solice in posting endless links to the British newspaper The Guardian whilst tackling the thorny issues of Governmental ineptitude on both sides of The Atlantic. Gad! It's very fkn worrying is on repeat, endlessly.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024