Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a performance 18:32 - Jun 28 with 1895 viewsSaintsforeverj

A really strong performance today. There was no way we were giving it away today. We looked a cracking team today I thought. Ward-Prowse quality, Walker-Peters super, janik V played well and of course Ings, who is world class.

One of those feel good games. Buzzing as they say.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2020 18:33]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

What a performance on 18:34 - Jun 28 with 1606 viewsRipleys_revenge

Super performance indeed. I’m giving a big shout out to Vestergaard! Thought he looked very composed and dominated Deeney completely. Probably his best game for us
What a performance on 18:35 - Jun 28 with 1593 viewsSaintsforeverj

What a performance on 18:34 - Jun 28 by Ripleys_revenge

Super performance indeed. I’m giving a big shout out to Vestergaard! Thought he looked very composed and dominated Deeney completely. Probably his best game for us

Yes agreed. He was excellent at the back.

What a performance on 18:38 - Jun 28 with 1578 viewssaint68

A very solid performance..loved it.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

What a performance on 18:40 - Jun 28 with 1568 viewssaint68

Agreed 100%

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

What a performance on 18:40 - Jun 28 with 1565 viewsdirk_doone

Outstanding performance against a team that recently beat Liverpool 3-0. As Ings would say, that was fun.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

What a performance on 18:42 - Jun 28 with 1558 viewsTimSaint

Yet another game away from home that we win, score three goals and I had a ticket for, but couldn't fvckin go !! Typical !! :-)

TimSaint

What a performance on 18:46 - Jun 28 with 1541 viewsSaintsforeverj

Shout out for Adams too. Was willing him to score. He looks quality to me and just needs a goal.

What a performance on 18:52 - Jun 28 with 1510 views1teeminants

What a performance on 18:46 - Jun 28 by Saintsforeverj

Shout out for Adams too. Was willing him to score. He looks quality to me and just needs a goal.

Ings ,Walker Peters even Vestergaard was good , great performance Saints .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

What a performance on 18:55 - Jun 28 with 1484 viewsSadoldgit

Cracking performance. Quality from Ings yet again. Quality free kick from JWP. KWP looks like he is playing for a permanent move. Didn’t miss Hoj at all. Very happy with 6 points from 9. Woohoo!
What a performance on 19:00 - Jun 28 with 1473 viewsCity_boy

Best performance for a long time by the whole team.

I thought the defence was solid today, and we looked liked we could defend against a team that just lobbed balls into the box. Something Stephens can't do.

I would like to see Adams get a run. He did really well when he came on.
What a performance on 19:04 - Jun 28 with 1459 viewsSalisburySaint

Totally agree regards Vestergaard.

In some ways ideal opponents for him with so much aerial ball, but was brilliant, but wouldn’t feel comfortable with him against city unless we play with 5 at the back

Watching city now 188 passes in first 24 mins Newcastle 15 !!!
What a performance on 19:26 - Jun 28 with 1392 viewsbattler

What a performance on 19:04 - Jun 28 by SalisburySaint

In some ways ideal opponents for him with so much aerial ball, but was brilliant, but wouldn’t feel comfortable with him against city unless we play with 5 at the back

So far its been total domination from City. I just hope their game against Liverpool on Thursday takes a lot out of them before we play them on Sunday.
I know we played really well today but City at home fills me with dread and its on the BBC for everyone to see...
What a performance on 19:28 - Jun 28 with 1389 viewsHeisenberg

Romeuo was excellent today. Everything PEH isn't. Time on the ball and accurate passing.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

What a performance on 19:30 - Jun 28 with 1375 viewsdirk_doone

What a performance on 19:04 - Jun 28 by SalisburySaint

Man City have to play Liverpool on Thursday night. That gives them very little recovery time before the game at St Mary's so their best players will be rested against us. They've secured their top 4 spot and can't win the league so their main targets now are the FA Cup and the Champions League. They may still have too much class for us but it will be good to see Ings keep his scoring streak going.

What a performance on 20:17 - Jun 28 with 1240 viewsBaltimore

What a performance on 19:28 - Jun 28 by Heisenberg

Romeuo was excellent today. Everything PEH isn't. Time on the ball and accurate passing.

Romeuo seemed quicker on the ball today and an upgrade on PEH......who I think is total **** btw.
What a performance on 20:20 - Jun 28 with 1231 viewssaint22

What a performance on 19:28 - Jun 28 by Heisenberg

Absolutely
He is exactly what we need alongside jwp
Hopefully PEH now brings us 30m and takes his head to nth London
What a performance on 22:23 - Jun 28 with 1039 viewsdirk_doone

The contrasting fortunes of two teams: Saints are undefeated at Vicarage Road for 13 years; Little Pompey haven't won there for 24 years.

What a performance on 22:51 - Jun 28 with 999 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Another Ings show today, he's far too good for Saints (on current league standing), he is incredible. Just hope that having done the "big club" thing, he wants to get Saints into Europe again.

Walker-Peters is a huge upgrade on Valery and did very well today, as did Romeu and Vestergard. It's almost as if Ralph let Hojbjerg out to dry and f**k himself off. Bye.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

What a performance on 22:59 - Jun 28 with 989 viewsPatfromPoole

Very accomplished.

Totally outplayed a physically imposing side who needed the points far more than we did.

Looked really fit and kept the ball very well.

Great team selection. Props to Vestergaard as well, very solid today.

Keep that up and Europe isn’t totally out of the question.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

What a performance on 23:27 - Jun 28 with 960 views1885_SFC

Old School is Cool

What a performance on 23:42 - Jun 28 with 946 viewsDorsetIan

Noone's mentioned Smallbone. Got the assist, but otherwise I didn't think he was particularly impressive (not bad though). Armstrong gave us a bit more oomph when they swapped.

Danny Ings has the most wonderful 'feet'. Doesn't get enough credit from the pundits for his close control.

Watford didn't look great. It's getting really hard to pick out any of those 4 still in the dog fight as being able to get themselves out of it.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

What a performance on 01:22 - Jun 29 with 910 viewsSadoldgit

What a performance on 22:51 - Jun 28 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Another Ings show today, he's far too good for Saints (on current league standing), he is incredible. Just hope that having done the "big club" thing, he wants to get Saints into Europe again.

Walker-Peters is a huge upgrade on Valery and did very well today, as did Romeu and Vestergard. It's almost as if Ralph let Hojbjerg out to dry and f**k himself off. Bye.

I agree, he is too good for us. He should be playing in a top six side. We will do well to keep him next season. I think he might well stay for one more season but unless he gets crocked again I can’t see us keeping him long term.
What a performance on 06:11 - Jun 29 with 871 viewsdirk_doone

What a performance on 01:22 - Jun 29 by Sadoldgit

I agree, he is too good for us. He should be playing in a top six side. We will do well to keep him next season. I think he might well stay for one more season but unless he gets crocked again I can’t see us keeping him long term.

Leicester kept Vardy but they are a top 6 side. Wolves are also a top 6 side so they will probably keep Jiménez. Ultimately, it depends on the wealth and ambition of the owners.
Although, in the case of Danny Ings, he is playing for the club he supports and I've never seen a more contented footballer so unless the owners decide they want to cash in on him, I don't think he'll be desperate to leave.

If Les Reed were still here and the owners wanted to sell Ings, now is about the time we'd start getting the negative PR 'leaks' that he was greedy, getting too big for his boots and causing trouble behind the scenes.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 6:26]

What a performance on 10:52 - Jun 29 with 730 views1teeminants

What a performance on 22:59 - Jun 28 by PatfromPoole

Very accomplished.

Totally outplayed a physically imposing side who needed the points far more than we did.

Looked really fit and kept the ball very well.

Great team selection. Props to Vestergaard as well, very solid today.

Keep that up and Europe isn’t totally out of the question.

There is no reason why we can’t win our remaining away games as we are excellent on the road and we break so well and we have Djenepo to return. All looking good If we can add 2/3 players to the squad, mainly defenders we could be a decent outfit.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

What a performance on 12:26 - Jun 29 with 694 viewsNewdawn2014

we played an almost perfect game , Alex still looks nervous though , but... a lot of positives to be taken , could have had a few more .

COYS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024