Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has Everyone Calmed Down Now 12:54 - Feb 5 with 1747 viewsSaintNick

Back to business, we are still 12th in the League, we are still only 4 points behind Tottenham who spend money big time , still in the FA Cup, we have players coming back from injury

Time to be positive

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 13:17 - Feb 5 with 1339 viewssaint22

Thanks but I will wait to see how we do in the next three games, big questions to be answered
Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 13:25 - Feb 5 with 1328 viewsSaintNick

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 13:17 - Feb 5 by saint22

Thanks but I will wait to see how we do in the next three games, big questions to be answered

So if we win the next 3 games that will make everything all right then Yes

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 13:27 - Feb 5 with 1327 viewsIngskneeslide

Fair enough, the recent run must have dented your famous positivity and sense of perspective somewhat
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 13:27]
Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 13:28 - Feb 5 with 1319 viewsRednWight

In a word. NO

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 13:32 - Feb 5 with 1314 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's embarrassing to wear your shirt out and you know people are thinking that we are the only club in living history to have lost 9 nil, twice in a short space of time! But at least the score line like last time, has probably given the team an absolute rocket, and it may drive them on to finish the season strongly, maybe even try to win the cup to make it up to us. When we get all our players back, we should finish the season well, and hopefully they will be more determined than they would have been. But it's still very embarrassing and humiliating.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 14:00]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 13:53 - Feb 5 with 1282 viewsSonicBoom

I've calmed down but I'm not really over it.
I admire your ability to shrug and say "these things happen" and move on Nick.
But these things DON'T happen. Or once every 20 years. We managed it twice in a year.
i can take losing but we've been humiliated. All of us were sick of commentators bring up the 9-0 as soon as a game started. It finally started to fade but what do you think will happen now.
So no, I'm not over it. We played Leicester and United and lost 18-0. It does not "happen", well not to anyone else except us anyway.
Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 14:08 - Feb 5 with 1259 viewsKennington

It’s not normal to lose 9-nil in any league. Refs, 10 men. VAR aside, it was shambolic. What have we learnt since last time it happened, I’d say:

The senior players are extremely mentally fragile.
The young players in the main are nowhere near premier league standard.
As good as Ralph is, he struggles to change tactics and shut up shop.

I reckon other teams will have seen this and Leicester last year and when 2 or 3 nil up think why not press on and fancy getting a rugby score.

We really need to stop only buying young players and instead buy some more experienced older ones that we know will never be superstars with massive resale value. Someone like Gary Cahill would have been ideal. Plus one or two over 30 year old midfielders in the squad. We really need some senior ‘water carrier’ pros that can dish out leadership on the pitch.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 14:48 - Feb 5 with 1213 viewssaint22

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 13:25 - Feb 5 by SaintNick

Far from it but it will mean we don't let the teams directly below us close the gap and we would be safe meaning we can hopefully plan for next season
Lose them and we are right in it
Login to get fewer ads

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 14:52 - Feb 5 with 1211 viewsMytchettSaint

I’m not over it, if being positive by the players means they think digging in and getting a plucky 0-0 draw with some badge patting and the usual superlatives of how we’ve learnt from this and it won’t happen again makes it ok then they can f*ck right off. If that makes me in the minority then so be it.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 15:23 - Feb 5 with 1167 viewsSaintsforeverj

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 14:52 - Feb 5 by MytchettSaint

I’m not over it, if being positive by the players means they think digging in and getting a plucky 0-0 draw with some badge patting and the usual superlatives of how we’ve learnt from this and it won’t happen again makes it ok then they can f*ck right off. If that makes me in the minority then so be it.

I hear you. The last time this happened, they said it would never happen again and they would learn from it. So what happens, we lose 9 nil again: they didn't learn from it. They just tell us what they think we want to hear. Two 9 nil defeats in two years has never happened before in professional football, certainly not in the top 4 divisions: just to us. We still had Ings on the pitch, who thinks he is worth 150 000 a week. We still had Ward-Prowse and other senior players. We stil had Bertrand, who again thinks he is a world beater. Ok, they were against it with the terrible decisions, injuries and lack of signings. But looking back at the goals, our players were just stood there watching. It's very embarrassing. And as you say, they think a reaction on Saturday will take away the embarrassment. Getting a result is a must but no, it won't take away another embarrassing 9 nil defeat.

But the flip side, is that we are stuck with it. It happened, so hopefully there is a strong reaction and we finish the season well.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 15:25]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 16:18 - Feb 5 with 1108 viewsIngskneeslide

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 14:48 - Feb 5 by saint22

Far from it but it will mean we don't let the teams directly below us close the gap and we would be safe meaning we can hopefully plan for next season
Lose them and we are right in it

We won’t be ‘right in it’ you absolute drip, there’s 51 points left to play for ffs. Do you honestly think we’re going to lose nearly every game when there’s just under half the season left or do you just enjoy living in a perpetual state of fear, outrage and snivelling wretchedness? Grow a pair or fûck off and support another team
Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 16:28 - Feb 5 with 1097 viewsCenturion

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 13:25 - Feb 5 by SaintNick

I would say so. We would be close to safety, which means we will have achieved objective 1.

If we are still in the Cup, then a safe position in the league will allow us to crack on and give the Cup a good go.
Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 16:39 - Feb 5 with 1085 viewsdwayne_dibley

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 13:32 - Feb 5 by Saintsforeverj

It's embarrassing to wear your shirt out and you know people are thinking that we are the only club in living history to have lost 9 nil, twice in a short space of time! But at least the score line like last time, has probably given the team an absolute rocket, and it may drive them on to finish the season strongly, maybe even try to win the cup to make it up to us. When we get all our players back, we should finish the season well, and hopefully they will be more determined than they would have been. But it's still very embarrassing and humiliating.

as far as other people are concerned then feck them sideways.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 16:46 - Feb 5 with 1068 viewssaint22

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 16:18 - Feb 5 by Ingskneeslide

We won’t be ‘right in it’ you absolute drip, there’s 51 points left to play for ffs. Do you honestly think we’re going to lose nearly every game when there’s just under half the season left or do you just enjoy living in a perpetual state of fear, outrage and snivelling wretchedness? Grow a pair or fûck off and support another team

ssssssh little girl
go read winnie the pooh
Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 16:55 - Feb 5 with 1060 viewsSadoldgit

It is just football. Some of you guys need to get out more. I would be more embarrassed if we were bottom of the league without a win. A few weeks ago we were top of the league and people were talking about finishing top for or worse top 6. Get a grip fellas. We have a decent manager, a decent first eleven and and an exiting way of playing when all is going well. Things could be a lot worse. Ralph has thanked people for their support and says how much it helps. Just as well he does read the Ugly! Like Ralph, show some class and faith in the team. I am 67 today. Age, like a football score is just a number. Get those positive vibes going you miserable gits! 😇
Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 16:59 - Feb 5 with 1055 viewsBerber

If you mean about attitude, then yes, I don't think another 3 losses will mean anything except missed opportunities and peed of fans.
Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 17:52 - Feb 5 with 1002 viewsSadoldgit

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 14:08 - Feb 5 by Kennington

It’s not normal to lose 9-nil in any league. Refs, 10 men. VAR aside, it was shambolic. What have we learnt since last time it happened, I’d say:

The senior players are extremely mentally fragile.
The young players in the main are nowhere near premier league standard.
As good as Ralph is, he struggles to change tactics and shut up shop.

I reckon other teams will have seen this and Leicester last year and when 2 or 3 nil up think why not press on and fancy getting a rugby score.

We really need to stop only buying young players and instead buy some more experienced older ones that we know will never be superstars with massive resale value. Someone like Gary Cahill would have been ideal. Plus one or two over 30 year old midfielders in the squad. We really need some senior ‘water carrier’ pros that can dish out leadership on the pitch.

It is not normal for the League champions to lose consecutive home matches to Burnley and Brighton either. Sh it happens.
Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 18:12 - Feb 5 with 979 viewskingslandstand1

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 16:55 - Feb 5 by Sadoldgit

It is just football. Some of you guys need to get out more. I would be more embarrassed if we were bottom of the league without a win. A few weeks ago we were top of the league and people were talking about finishing top for or worse top 6. Get a grip fellas. We have a decent manager, a decent first eleven and and an exiting way of playing when all is going well. Things could be a lot worse. Ralph has thanked people for their support and says how much it helps. Just as well he does read the Ugly! Like Ralph, show some class and faith in the team. I am 67 today. Age, like a football score is just a number. Get those positive vibes going you miserable gits! 😇

Happy Birthday SOG!!!

Although a couple of typos in there that could be misconstrued (I'm assuming you hope Ralph DOESN'T read TUI ) but I'd agree with the sentiment of your post

Just think, we could be Tottenham fans moaning about style of football, having got to League Cup Final and on target for Europa League - Oh, where has that happened before some time in about 2016 ish
Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 18:24 - Feb 5 with 968 viewsTripleNiemi

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 13:32 - Feb 5 by Saintsforeverj

It's embarassing wearing any football shirts out on the street full stop
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 18:26]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 18:43 - Feb 5 with 940 viewsDorsetIan

Happy birthday

Is it better to be a miserable git or a sad old git?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 18:52 - Feb 5 with 932 viewsMytchettSaint

Happy birthday pal. I’m still angry about Tuesday though!

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 19:08 - Feb 5 with 907 viewsDellHero_Would

All part of supporting Saints. Its in the blood. I'm from Southampton, family members have played for the club,just about in living memory now. I accept that we are a medium sized club that will hopefully have a few more European tours in the next 20 years at best and maybe a cup.

It hurts though, but move on.

Up the Saints.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 20:26 - Feb 5 with 820 viewsA1079

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 13:53 - Feb 5 by SonicBoom

I've calmed down but I'm not really over it.
I admire your ability to shrug and say "these things happen" and move on Nick.
But these things DON'T happen. Or once every 20 years. We managed it twice in a year.
i can take losing but we've been humiliated. All of us were sick of commentators bring up the 9-0 as soon as a game started. It finally started to fade but what do you think will happen now.
So no, I'm not over it. We played Leicester and United and lost 18-0. It does not "happen", well not to anyone else except us anyway.

Well put Sonic. We don't get forgotten with last years 9-0 no matter who we play, so what the hell is the next year going to be like.

I will support the team until the day I die, and of course I do not want RH to go and yes of course we hope that we move on but no professional footballing team should lose 9-0 once let alone twice.
Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 20:31 - Feb 5 with 808 views1951saint

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 19:08 - Feb 5 by DellHero_Would

All part of supporting Saints. Its in the blood. I'm from Southampton, family members have played for the club,just about in living memory now. I accept that we are a medium sized club that will hopefully have a few more European tours in the next 20 years at best and maybe a cup.

It hurts though, but move on.

Up the Saints.

Having supported this club for over sixty years getting hammered a couple of times a season is par for the course.. i stood on the terraces at leeds everton utd Ipswich and a few more sucked it up went to pub and said there was always next week
Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 20:52 - Feb 5 with 780 viewsButty101

Has Everyone Calmed Down Now on 20:31 - Feb 5 by 1951saint

Having supported this club for over sixty years getting hammered a couple of times a season is par for the course.. i stood on the terraces at leeds everton utd Ipswich and a few more sucked it up went to pub and said there was always next week

Nicks latest happy clap article is totally flawed.

"I would hazard a guess that those four players earn around £50,000 a week between them, assuming that we have loaned them out purely for their wages to be paid and no loan fee involved, we have shaved £200k off the £3 million a month we are currently losing."

4 months of 200k a month shaved off the wage bill dosent even cover dropping one place in the prem league, which after the 9-0defeat we dropped a place

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024