Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... 09:57 - Jul 5 with 7707 viewsblambo

Danny Ings turns down new 4y contract at Southampton. Deal would’ve made him best-paid player in #SaintsFC history but 28yo wants to test himself at higher level. Club must decide whether to sell this summer or lose for free in 2022
@TheAthleticUK
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 22:54 - Jul 5 with 1426 viewsSadoldgit

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 22:01 - Jul 5 by Saintsforeverj

And Ings has already done the big club experience. We bought him, gave him regular first team football because he hardly played at his so called big club. He wasn't good enough for them. They had other super stars. He will go to a so called big club, get injured probably, in and out of the team, last a year or two and be replaced by some other superstar. He would be loved and adored here forever if he stayed and first on the team sheet. But no, he wants to go. That's his choice, but it's disappointing after being offered a massive salary at the club he supports.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 22:05]

He will go at some point anyway. Either he will leave on his own terms or we will move him on when we don’t want him anymore. You talk about him like you know him. None of us do nor do we know what motivates him. He has honoured his contract and now, like any working man, he is weighing up his options as his next contract is his last big one. Anyone would do the same. We don’t owe him anything and he doesn’t own us anything. We took a chance on him and it paid off. Many Saints supporters saw the signing as a mistake due to his injury record and had written him off before he walked through the door. He has been excellent for us. We have been excellent for him. We can speculate all day long but given that there is no offer on the table for him at the moment, it’s all just hot air anyway.
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 23:42 - Jul 5 with 1381 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

F**k Ings. As I said before, where is it stated ANYWHERE that Ings is a Saints fan, or was a Saints fan growing up?

To the best of my knowledge, he's never said that it's just dinlo fans who have made that up as he's from an SO postcode. Happy to be proved wrong, but I've never seen anything.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 23:58 - Jul 5 with 1371 viewsdirk_doone

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 21:47 - Jul 5 by 1885_SFC

Say what you like but it all comes down to money and f@ck all else. This "wanting to win things" bullshít doesn't wash with me. Greed is the answer... even when the world has been changed by Covid and many people have re-evaluated their lives.

If you want proof - look no further than Ricky Lambert. A true & honest player if ever there was one. He loved playing football... and that's the difference. He was a world away from these money-grabbing, so-called 'supporter of the club' modern types...

Rickie Lambert played for 9 different clubs. When he got the chance to advance his career at a bigger club for more money, he took it. Dannny Ings has played for 5 different clubs, including a loan spell at Dorchester Town. He has advanced his career when the opportunity has arisen too. They are professional footballers, not amateurs and they have both served us well.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 01:04 - Jul 6 with 1354 views1885_SFC

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 23:58 - Jul 5 by dirk_doone

Rickie Lambert played for 9 different clubs. When he got the chance to advance his career at a bigger club for more money, he took it. Dannny Ings has played for 5 different clubs, including a loan spell at Dorchester Town. He has advanced his career when the opportunity has arisen too. They are professional footballers, not amateurs and they have both served us well.

That's all well and good - but don't you wish that Ings had the same humility that Rickie Lambert had?

One of the above is, and always will be, an absolute legend of this fine club.

The other could have been.

Old School is Cool

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 07:14 - Jul 6 with 1276 viewscocklebreath

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 23:42 - Jul 5 by Gennaro_Contaldo

F**k Ings. As I said before, where is it stated ANYWHERE that Ings is a Saints fan, or was a Saints fan growing up?

To the best of my knowledge, he's never said that it's just dinlo fans who have made that up as he's from an SO postcode. Happy to be proved wrong, but I've never seen anything.

It’s made up, he’s probably a ManU fan or Liverpool.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 09:12 - Jul 6 with 1217 viewsSadoldgit

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 01:04 - Jul 6 by 1885_SFC

That's all well and good - but don't you wish that Ings had the same humility that Rickie Lambert had?

One of the above is, and always will be, an absolute legend of this fine club.

The other could have been.

He still could be. All that has happened is that he hasn’t signed a new contract yet. It doesn’t make his time with us any less special. If Liverpool had come knocking earlier who is to say that Rickie wouldn’t have left earlier? If Ings leaves this summer his performances for us have still been quality.
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 10:07 - Jul 6 with 1183 viewsBison

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 09:12 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

He still could be. All that has happened is that he hasn’t signed a new contract yet. It doesn’t make his time with us any less special. If Liverpool had come knocking earlier who is to say that Rickie wouldn’t have left earlier? If Ings leaves this summer his performances for us have still been quality.

SoG's I know you are a Saints fan through and through but at the same time you do not live in the area , like a few on here so I am not saying your opinion is wrong but you would be hard pressed to find anyone 'local' who holds your views.

Most of my Saints supporting mates , I do have mates who support Liverpool though funny enough none who are Man Utd or Spurs for instance , who consider him a judas for not loving our club AND fair (?) city. This maybe a reason why their is a gulf of opinion regarding the Ings situation .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 10:43 - Jul 6 with 1161 viewsSadoldgit

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 23:42 - Jul 5 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I have just done a search and there are a number of articles claiming that he was a Saints fan as a boy. Perhaps he supports Portsmouth now, who knows? 😉
Login to get fewer ads

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 13:41 - Jul 6 with 1102 viewsRon11

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 23:58 - Jul 5 by dirk_doone

Never ever saw Rickie with the hump or a sulky face.
Even when Pardew told him to shape up or ship out - he shaped up and lost the weight.
Saints really saved Ings' career from being an injury prone benchwarmer at Liverpool and got him fit.
Now he's made a name for himself again, he's raised 'interest' (as did Ricky), but unlike Ricky, he now wants away and looks sulky, the smile on the pitch has gone. I'm disappointed with that reaction, especially from someone who realistically will never have to work again anyway.
Ricky's move to Liverpool on the other hand was everything the lad deserved, and I don't know anyone who begrudged him that chance to play for his home club.
He actually was, and still is a legend.
Remembered for his great goals for Saints, and the one for England against Scotland when he'd only been on the pitch for a minute. Always remembered with great affection, whereas Danny Ings now will partly be remembered for his drop in form and deterioration of attitude because he wanted out of the club that resurrected his career and his reputation as a goal scorer.
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 14:02 - Jul 6 with 1086 viewssaints__fan__73

What was the humility Lambert had? He was happy to stay while we were going up the leagues, but as soon as a big club came in for him he was off.

His transfer was one of football's oddest. He fought his entire career to get to the PL and yet when he got there, after 2 seasons he choose to effectively retire from the game 2 seasons before he needed to in return from a year of being able to watch Liverpool from the sub's bench.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 14:23 - Jul 6 with 1065 viewsUSA_Saint

Wish players would cut the BS.
If Minnesota United offered to double/triple his salary it would be 'I've always dreamed of playing in the MLS and as someone who loves really cold winters it is a dream move for me'.
He'll go to anyone who offers him a higher salary. It's as simple as that.
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 14:23 - Jul 6 with 1064 views1885_SFC

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 14:02 - Jul 6 by saints__fan__73

What was the humility Lambert had? He was happy to stay while we were going up the leagues, but as soon as a big club came in for him he was off.

His transfer was one of football's oddest. He fought his entire career to get to the PL and yet when he got there, after 2 seasons he choose to effectively retire from the game 2 seasons before he needed to in return from a year of being able to watch Liverpool from the sub's bench.

You're obviously on a wind-up 73... but I'll bite.

The "humility" Lambert had was that he remembered his roots and from where he came. He was paid well, sure, but it was never about JUST the money with Lambert. He loved playing football first & foremost. It's all he'd known in life. He always seemed humble.

Contrast that with modern day, multi-millionaire, greed-driven footballers who can't or won't see the world around them. The football is secondary to the wages... and the old, tired, trotted out "I want to win things" drivel is just that - utter horseshít- especially when that player is near the end of his money-making, injury laden crocked career & one BIG final pay day is what it is all about - and ain't that the truth.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 14:24]

Old School is Cool

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 14:28 - Jul 6 with 1053 viewsSadoldgit

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 14:23 - Jul 6 by USA_Saint

Wish players would cut the BS.
If Minnesota United offered to double/triple his salary it would be 'I've always dreamed of playing in the MLS and as someone who loves really cold winters it is a dream move for me'.
He'll go to anyone who offers him a higher salary. It's as simple as that.

You think that Ings would go to Brentford at this stage of his career?
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 14:40 - Jul 6 with 1042 viewsUSA_Saint

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 14:28 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

He'd go to P***** if they offered to pay him more than Saints. Back in the real world - Brentford? He'd be off there in a flash as it would be a 'wonderful opportunity to play for an ambitious club with a new stadium and great fan base'.
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 15:32 - Jul 6 with 997 viewsSadoldgit

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 14:40 - Jul 6 by USA_Saint

He'd go to P***** if they offered to pay him more than Saints. Back in the real world - Brentford? He'd be off there in a flash as it would be a 'wonderful opportunity to play for an ambitious club with a new stadium and great fan base'.

But that isn’t the real world though is it because it is highly unlikely that he would go to Brentford at this stage of his career.
As for the supposed “new” offer, I can’t find any evidence that it is “new”. It seems to be the same one that has been sitting on the table for a few months, so why is it now suddenly being dressed up as a new story?
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 17:58 - Jul 6 with 934 viewsRon11

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 14:23 - Jul 6 by 1885_SFC

You're obviously on a wind-up 73... but I'll bite.

The "humility" Lambert had was that he remembered his roots and from where he came. He was paid well, sure, but it was never about JUST the money with Lambert. He loved playing football first & foremost. It's all he'd known in life. He always seemed humble.

Contrast that with modern day, multi-millionaire, greed-driven footballers who can't or won't see the world around them. The football is secondary to the wages... and the old, tired, trotted out "I want to win things" drivel is just that - utter horseshít- especially when that player is near the end of his money-making, injury laden crocked career & one BIG final pay day is what it is all about - and ain't that the truth.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 14:24]

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 19:47 - Jul 6 with 872 viewsSadoldgit

Apparently Adam Blackmore doesn’t think that Ings has “rejected” the contract and thinks his agent is trying to drum up interest. He says the club thinks he will stay. Not interested in mid table clubs but would consider a team who is in the champions League or very near to getting there.
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 20:00 - Jul 6 with 859 viewsbarry_sanchez

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 14:28 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

Of course if they were offering enough, as an example to destroy your point of view we were in League One and bought Fonte from Palace a league higher as we had a lot of money for those two divisions.
Money talks always, why would Wijnaldum go to Barcelona? Liverpool are now are arguably in a position to win more, money, money and nothing more, money buys ambition and trophies nothing else, no look at how great our (stepping stone) academy is (its shite at the moment as well) or our plastic stadium with a shite atmosphere as thats all bollocks, money and nothing else matters in football, the fans don't to winning at all long term, that ship sailed years ago.
The English league is here to benefit the long distance armchair fan and the 3/4 elite clubs in England as the rest serve as cannon fodder for them to propel themselves into Europe, we're left with an odd victory over one of the big boys every season if we're lucky, a tad shite isn't it?

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 20:15 - Jul 6 with 852 viewsSadoldgit

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 20:00 - Jul 6 by barry_sanchez

Of course if they were offering enough, as an example to destroy your point of view we were in League One and bought Fonte from Palace a league higher as we had a lot of money for those two divisions.
Money talks always, why would Wijnaldum go to Barcelona? Liverpool are now are arguably in a position to win more, money, money and nothing more, money buys ambition and trophies nothing else, no look at how great our (stepping stone) academy is (its shite at the moment as well) or our plastic stadium with a shite atmosphere as thats all bollocks, money and nothing else matters in football, the fans don't to winning at all long term, that ship sailed years ago.
The English league is here to benefit the long distance armchair fan and the 3/4 elite clubs in England as the rest serve as cannon fodder for them to propel themselves into Europe, we're left with an odd victory over one of the big boys every season if we're lucky, a tad shite isn't it?

Nonsense. We are talking about Brentford, a team who might only be in the Premiership for one season. I am not a betting man but I would bet my mortgage he would go there for a few extra quid. Many would argue that Barcelona are a bigger club than Liverpool. Walcott had higher salary offers elsewhere but chose to earn less and come to us. If Ings goes to a mid table club this summer you win. I don’t think he will.
Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 21:03 - Jul 6 with 823 viewsbarry_sanchez

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 20:15 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

Nonsense. We are talking about Brentford, a team who might only be in the Premiership for one season. I am not a betting man but I would bet my mortgage he would go there for a few extra quid. Many would argue that Barcelona are a bigger club than Liverpool. Walcott had higher salary offers elsewhere but chose to earn less and come to us. If Ings goes to a mid table club this summer you win. I don’t think he will.

Any player will go anywhere if the money is right, how many quality players went to China?
Your views are outdated by a considerable amount of years.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 21:46 - Jul 6 with 797 viewsButty101

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 20:15 - Jul 6 by Sadoldgit

More Sogs BS. Walcott had better offers else where PMSL

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 21:50 - Jul 6 with 789 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 21:03 - Jul 6 by barry_sanchez

Any player will go anywhere if the money is right, how many quality players went to China?
Your views are outdated by a considerable amount of years.

Ofcourse it's about money. As you say, why would anyone go to China to live!! Graziano Pelle went there because he got paid rediculous amounts.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 21:55]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 22:25 - Jul 6 with 770 viewsElijahK

Wow, well Adam Blackmores just announced that Ings hasn’t rejected his contract, and that what’s been going around the media is a lot of BS, as supposedly if a big team doesn’t come knocking over this transfer market (as he’s said that Ings does wanna join a big team, but more a champions league rather than a European conference league) then he could sign a contract extension! I sure do hope this is true!…

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 22:33 - Jul 6 with 757 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 22:25 - Jul 6 by ElijahK

Wow, well Adam Blackmores just announced that Ings hasn’t rejected his contract, and that what’s been going around the media is a lot of BS, as supposedly if a big team doesn’t come knocking over this transfer market (as he’s said that Ings does wanna join a big team, but more a champions league rather than a European conference league) then he could sign a contract extension! I sure do hope this is true!…

He will want to keep the contract offer on the table in case his big move doesn't come off. He is keeping his options open. He could ofcourse go for free next year too and wait to see what offers he gets then too. But I hope it gets sorted one way or another this summer. Constant rumours for the next year won't help the team.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 22:58 - Jul 6 with 740 viewsSadoldgit

Ings has turned down a 4-year deal. He's off... on 21:50 - Jul 6 by Saintsforeverj

Ofcourse it's about money. As you say, why would anyone go to China to live!! Graziano Pelle went there because he got paid rediculous amounts.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 21:55]

We are talking about Danny Ings going to play for Brentford. Get real. It isn’t going to happen unless Brentford are suddenly contenders to win the EPL and play in the Champions League. By your logic every player in the Premier league should be playing in China because they would earn more there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024