Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. 12:10 - Oct 28 with 2400 viewsSaintNick

Lets try and quantify it.

1. Keeping us safe from a relegation and staying between 12th - 16th
2. Keeping us safe from relegation and staying between 10th -12th
3.Top 10 each and every year
4. Champions League

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 12:15 - Oct 28 with 2385 viewsPaleRider

Nick, surely option 1 should be "Keeping us safe from a relegation and staying between 13th - 17th"
What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 12:22 - Oct 28 with 2375 viewsPaleRider

It's not just the league position though, it's also cup runs but maybe more importantly it's the "how" and seeing signs of progress/stability.

The mark of greatness is consistency and this is one thing that he lacks . I also find the lack of recruiting a leader on the pitch bewildering - I believe this is down to Ralph's character.

As a result, I think the reality is that he is average but makes inexplicable decisions which leave fans and players frustrated and bewildered.
What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 10:33 - Oct 29 with 2190 viewskingslandstand1

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 12:15 - Oct 28 by PaleRider

Nick, surely option 1 should be "Keeping us safe from a relegation and staying between 13th - 17th"

How about just "Keeping us safe from a relegation" .....................
What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 11:37 - Oct 29 with 2136 viewscocklebreath

Keeping us safe from relegation and not being a bellend trying to be too clever

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 14:11 - Oct 29 with 2097 viewssaintwizzler

No long runs of defeats
No hammerings
No bewildering team selections

Beating Chelsea at home then losing to shite like Villa and Wolves and having 1 shot on target in each game.
This sums Hassenhüttl up.

He started his management at the club with high pressing football,
it’s now highly depressing football.

Everyone has injuries.
Everyone has dodgy VAR calls.
Everyone has dodgy refereeing decisions.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 18:01 - Oct 29 with 2031 viewsTimSaint

RH now has 150 Prem games under his belt. He has also had what 8 ? transfer windows.

He should now have the experience and personnel to stamp his style and brand of football on the team.

We should consistently be finishing 10th to 13th and no way be flirting with the bottom 3.

TimSaint

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 18:38 - Oct 29 with 1978 viewskingolaf

Is ‘the verdict’ of todays game going to be another dreadful defence of Ralph.

We are too slow going forward and prefer to recycle rather than attack. The move today where the cross was turned down in favour of a series of backward passes that ended at the keeper’s feet summed us up.

Ralph has to go. The team is not greater than the sum of its parts. That is solely down to the manager. He needs to be replaced.
What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 18:46 - Oct 29 with 1971 viewsMytchettSaint

I’ve stopped letting that pillock ruin my weekends. I haven’t been since the Everton game and have no interest in going again any time soon. If my boys want to use the season ticket they can, if not it can stay unused.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Login to get fewer ads

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 19:10 - Oct 29 with 1940 viewsDorsetIan

I think I just want a sense of progress. We seem unable to build on anything. Great performance against Chelsea then rubbish against Wolves.

Three games unbeaten and a good second half against Arsenal and then this first half.

It’s been like this for years. They prove they can do it and then they immediately stop doing it.

It creates so much fan frustration.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 19:58 - Oct 29 with 1879 viewsgrumpy

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 18:46 - Oct 29 by MytchettSaint

I’ve stopped letting that pillock ruin my weekends. I haven’t been since the Everton game and have no interest in going again any time soon. If my boys want to use the season ticket they can, if not it can stay unused.

Wow! You must feel very strongly about our manager
I wouldn't be surprised if there were others who feel like that going on the empty seats.
There is precious little flair to be seen.
Why JWP is captain I will never know.
In 13 games we have scored 11 goals.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 20:01]
What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 22:18 - Oct 29 with 1802 viewsGRIM

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 19:58 - Oct 29 by grumpy

Wow! You must feel very strongly about our manager
I wouldn't be surprised if there were others who feel like that going on the empty seats.
There is precious little flair to be seen.
Why JWP is captain I will never know.
In 13 games we have scored 11 goals.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 20:01]

You're right Grumpy JWP shouldn't be in the team let alone Captain, but , big BUT , who else is there worthy of being Captain.
WE HAVE NO LEADERS.
That includes Ralph who no longer capable of managing this group of average players.
What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 22:31 - Oct 29 with 1788 viewsdirk_doone

It changes over time, but right now, we have to lower our sights back to the levels of the 1990s when we had the smallest ground in the league and were just clinging on, hoping to avoid relegation. Our aspirations are now lower than those of ambitious clubs like Brighton but that doesn't mean they should be.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 23:39 - Oct 29 with 1709 viewsStAnt

Whilst we have the likes of Semmens running this football club and Ralph managing it we are only going to continue on a downward spiral. Semmens spouted stuff at the fans forum which was just plain bonkers. Ralph continues to demonstrate that, if there was a book called Football Tactics for Dummies he should be reading it rather than his tired playbook. The first half today showed that he has no clue how to set a team up to be fast out of the blocks, transition forward at speed, pass and move, play between the lines and generally give the opposition manager and players something to think about. He's burned by the two 9-0 defeats and other heavy losses to the extent that he sends teams out to defend their goal even if it means barely playing a forward pass or getting into the opposition penalty area. He is sucking the life out of the side and making them a hard watch for even his own most diehard fans. Enough is enough.
What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 00:09 - Oct 30 with 1680 viewscocklebreath

Worst kind of performance, horrific 1st half just waited for them to score, 2nd half we play better miss a few chances so Ralph can tell everyone how clever he was with the changes. If he was clever he’d have tried something before we conceded.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 01:15 - Oct 30 with 1663 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Progress each year .. if first year you finish 15th next year you should finish say 12th .. year after top 10 ..
Now has he be given the tools for that progress ?
If not then he has to coach the players in a way that they are improving .. if he is not improving then as much as we may like him .. it must be sensible to look at if there is anything better.
However we must ask .. what is the club policy .. what type of football are they interested .. take as an extreme Barcelona (I Just completed an analyst course with them) they have a distinct way of playing which came from Guardiola´s mentor - the formation , the style and they get coaches who follow that idealogy and get players (either bought or raised at the club) which follow that idealogy.
Can we say the same for Saints ? What is the ideology of the club ?
I have to admit that i fell out of "love" with the club after the treatment that Dave Merrington suffered .. the way he was put apart after he left his wife (who if memory serves was dying or suffering a terminal disease) to focus on the club he loved ...
So again what is the clubs idealogy ? what is the structure ? are the players that are being signed capable of fitting into that structure, or is it round pegs in square holes?
What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 09:50 - Oct 30 with 1517 views1teeminants

With a decent striker to play with Adams there is no reason whatsoever we can’t finish around mid table and we should be striving for mid table every season with a good cup run thrown in .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 12:37 - Oct 30 with 1442 viewsPoirot

Semmens And Hasenhuttl KIlling Our Club
What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 12:50 - Oct 30 with 1431 viewsdirk_doone

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 09:50 - Oct 30 by 1teeminants

With a decent striker to play with Adams there is no reason whatsoever we can’t finish around mid table and we should be striving for mid table every season with a good cup run thrown in .

The only problem is we don't have that decent striker.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 13:54 - Oct 30 with 1394 views1teeminants

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 12:50 - Oct 30 by dirk_doone

The only problem is we don't have that decent striker.

We will have in January because if we don’t we’ll be relegated .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 17:06 - Oct 30 with 1339 viewsGRIM

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 13:54 - Oct 30 by 1teeminants

We will have in January because if we don’t we’ll be relegated .

We need more than just a quality striker. We need some leaders on the pitch & until we get a new manager things will not improve.
No matter how good the players are they need good management & leadership, we just don't have that.
I'm sure that some of our under performing players would improve under a good manager.
Ralph's dull & dreary style just reflects on the players.
He's done a reasonable job over the last 4 years but his body language now suggests he's been here too long.
What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 17:16 - Oct 30 with 1330 viewssaint22

If we dont turn up in the next two games we could be rock bottom for the WC break
In one way that will be awful for morale, bringing anyone quality in in January etc

Equally it would mean he would be replaced
What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 07:26 - Oct 31 with 1212 viewsTripleNiemi

Think the more appropriate question is 'What do the owners see as Ralph doing a good job'. That in mind - seventeenth........

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 09:24 - Oct 31 with 1147 viewspjt50

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 01:15 - Oct 30 by Springhill_old_boy

Progress each year .. if first year you finish 15th next year you should finish say 12th .. year after top 10 ..
Now has he be given the tools for that progress ?
If not then he has to coach the players in a way that they are improving .. if he is not improving then as much as we may like him .. it must be sensible to look at if there is anything better.
However we must ask .. what is the club policy .. what type of football are they interested .. take as an extreme Barcelona (I Just completed an analyst course with them) they have a distinct way of playing which came from Guardiola´s mentor - the formation , the style and they get coaches who follow that idealogy and get players (either bought or raised at the club) which follow that idealogy.
Can we say the same for Saints ? What is the ideology of the club ?
I have to admit that i fell out of "love" with the club after the treatment that Dave Merrington suffered .. the way he was put apart after he left his wife (who if memory serves was dying or suffering a terminal disease) to focus on the club he loved ...
So again what is the clubs idealogy ? what is the structure ? are the players that are being signed capable of fitting into that structure, or is it round pegs in square holes?

Improving position season-on-season would be great but, of the teams that have been in the PL for each of the past 3 seasons, only one - Newcastle - has achieved that. Another 5 haven't got any worse in a season but 4 of those are in the big 6.

With Saints' business model of buying youngsters & selling them on, fluctuations are bound to happen.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 11:18 - Oct 31 with 1080 viewsfranniesTache

If the rumours are right the old sash shirt is going to be a nice welcome for the new manager during the world cup break 👀
What Do We See As Ralph Doing A Good Job. on 12:24 - Oct 31 with 1056 viewssaint901

We have to recognise that the club is a business and that the investors need a return. However the primary revenue generators are TV and fans.

Without staying in PL, the TV revenues go off a cliff. Consequently "success" is staying in the PL = 17th. (This season I think that could be an aspirational target).

Fans will pay to watch, pay for kit, pay for drinks etc but are a fickle audience. Some (most?) want more than survival. Some want entertaining, something to be excited about, some pride in their club and how it's seen by others at work, in the playground, in the pub.

For me, the "fan" side of the equation is lacking at the moment.

I've seen the team go from better than average early in the season to worse than average now. In my view that is down to a number of factors including the lack of a settled side (inevitable if injuries and the age of the squad is considered), some bizarre team formations, some odd choices of who starts and who doesn't, a lack of tactical nous (if we were better in the second half of CP - as we were v Arsenal - then why did we not start that way?).

I also have a theory that early in the season, the players played with more freedom and expression because RH had a new coaching staff and they had influence. Now we see them forced into the same old tactical patterns that RH used (to very poor effect) last season and creativity has gone out the window.

If the club ignores the fans, they will probably survive (financially) for a couple of seasons, but it's not going to bring younger fans to the ground over the next 10/15 seasons. Shortsighted is where the corporate policy s right now.

Coming back to the point, RH might (just) keep us in the PL this season but the growing frustration at the lack of passion, heat and consistency in the team will eventually tell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024