Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket 22:24 - Jun 1 with 4118 viewsSaintNick

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 22:40 - Jun 1 with 3247 viewsPatfromPoole

I don’t have one to renew, but am considering getting one for the first time in 15 years…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 22:44 - Jun 1 with 3249 viewsSaintNick

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 22:40 - Jun 1 by PatfromPoole

I don’t have one to renew, but am considering getting one for the first time in 15 years…..

Glad to hear it, its a bargain

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 22:48 - Jun 1 with 3231 viewsPatfromPoole

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 22:44 - Jun 1 by SaintNick

Glad to hear it, its a bargain

Yes, if we are going to average 70% possession, I should see us have possession of the ball for over 1,400 minutes across 23 games.

Which would be about 40p per minute.

But would it be good possession?

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 22:52 - Jun 1 with 3231 viewsHorndeansaint

100% yes. Been following Saints for 55 years so why would I not? My Skate neighbour asked me the same question so I said to him let’s face it if we took that attitude you would’ve given up 20 years ago. He went inside and went very quiet after that.
Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 22:53 - Jun 1 with 3222 viewsSaintNick

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 22:48 - Jun 1 by PatfromPoole

Yes, if we are going to average 70% possession, I should see us have possession of the ball for over 1,400 minutes across 23 games.

Which would be about 40p per minute.

But would it be good possession?

We conceded 73 goals so thats an average of nearly 2 a game, if we can get 70% possession that should reduce our goals against tally to about 1.4 a game, I suspect that is the theory somewhere along the line

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 22:54 - Jun 1 with 3214 viewsPatfromPoole

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 22:52 - Jun 1 by Horndeansaint

100% yes. Been following Saints for 55 years so why would I not? My Skate neighbour asked me the same question so I said to him let’s face it if we took that attitude you would’ve given up 20 years ago. He went inside and went very quiet after that.

If I lived next door to a Skate, I’d be getting out of the house as much as possible, sir.

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 23:16 - Jun 1 with 3180 viewsA1079

I have never had a season ticket in my life Nick, but if I lived nearer then I would probably get one for the first time. For me, it has never been a matter of which league we are in. I have always gone to watch Saints as much as I can but sometimes not as often as I would like (because of other things in life and yes, I will admit, sometimes I have been skint and family and home has had to take priority).
Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 23:23 - Jun 1 with 3173 viewsPatfromPoole

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 22:53 - Jun 1 by SaintNick

We conceded 73 goals so thats an average of nearly 2 a game, if we can get 70% possession that should reduce our goals against tally to about 1.4 a game, I suspect that is the theory somewhere along the line

46 * 1.4 = 64.4

Swansea conceded 64 goals last season.

QED.

Login to get fewer ads

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 07:59 - Jun 2 with 3063 viewsHorndeansaint

It’s an unfortunate consequence of living in a PO postcode Pat but the advantage is that it gives a high proportion of ragging opportunities.
Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 08:23 - Jun 2 with 3037 viewsChesham_Saint

Firstly there’s no skates near me - one advantage of not being local.

Secondly it’s a shame you didn’t add outcomes Nick as in:

Russell Martin= No

Scott Parker = Probably

Graham Potter = Yes

And before anyone castigates me for not blindly renewing, I too have been following Saints for 50 years and had at least one, sometimes two season tickets for the last 30 years.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 08:46 - Jun 2 with 3024 viewsMytchettSaint

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 08:23 - Jun 2 by Chesham_Saint

Firstly there’s no skates near me - one advantage of not being local.

Secondly it’s a shame you didn’t add outcomes Nick as in:

Russell Martin= No

Scott Parker = Probably

Graham Potter = Yes

And before anyone castigates me for not blindly renewing, I too have been following Saints for 50 years and had at least one, sometimes two season tickets for the last 30 years.

I pretty much feel the same Chesham.

Can I afford to renew? - Yes,

Do I want to? Depends on the direction SR take this summer. Russell Martin sounds like more of the same, so that will likely see me say - No.

There's other issues as well not related to Southampton FC that are making me question whether I do or don't. Being able to get a train (strikes aside) without part of the journey involving being on a bus replacement is also going to be a factor.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 9:32]

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 10:06 - Jun 2 with 2976 viewssaintwizzler

I’ll wait until the fixtures are released to see how many midweek home games I’d miss.
I will miss the option of monthly payments (June 12th cut off) so would pay up front on the last available day if I did.

Still not happy with another gamble of a manager in Russell Martin but I’d like to support the club with a Season Ticket if I can.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 10:09 - Jun 2 with 2976 viewsSaintNick

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 23:23 - Jun 1 by PatfromPoole

46 * 1.4 = 64.4

Swansea conceded 64 goals last season.

QED.

In fairness you cant compare two different teams goal difference, if Pep Guardiola went and managed Accrington Stanley he wouldn't have the same goals for and against that he had for Manchester City, it doesnt make him a bad manager it's two different sets of players

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 10:21 - Jun 2 with 2965 viewssaints__fan__73

It makes more sense in buying a s/t this season than the 5 previous ones as we are now playing in a league a club of our size/ability can compete in.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 10:23 - Jun 2 with 2964 viewsChesham_Saint

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 10:21 - Jun 2 by saints__fan__73

It makes more sense in buying a s/t this season than the 5 previous ones as we are now playing in a league a club of our size/ability can compete in.

By that logic the Premier League should be cut to 6 or 8 teams only.

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 10:27 - Jun 2 with 2961 viewssaints__fan__73

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 10:23 - Jun 2 by Chesham_Saint

By that logic the Premier League should be cut to 6 or 8 teams only.

Tell that to Villa, Fulham and Brentford...

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 10:28 - Jun 2 with 2958 viewssaints__fan__73

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 10:09 - Jun 2 by SaintNick

In fairness you cant compare two different teams goal difference, if Pep Guardiola went and managed Accrington Stanley he wouldn't have the same goals for and against that he had for Manchester City, it doesnt make him a bad manager it's two different sets of players

If Pep was managing Swansea last year they certainly wouldn't have conceded 64 goals...

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 11:15 - Jun 2 with 2928 views1teeminants

Yes I will be renewing . It would just feel weird not going to football on a Saturday/ Sunday whenever.
My First game was 1970 and I see no reason to stop as I still get a buzz and I enjoy the social side and getting pissed ffs. Football is a good escape from work, worries, stress. I also think we will do well next season if we can keep certain players and a few additions .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 12:21 - Jun 3 with 2754 viewsChesham_Saint

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 10:27 - Jun 2 by saints__fan__73

Tell that to Villa, Fulham and Brentford...

That’s my point. At least two of those clubs are no bigger than SFC, so why should they bother if it’s too much for Saints?

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 13:38 - Jun 3 with 2698 viewskingolaf

Yes, already renewed.
Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 13:56 - Jun 3 with 2687 views1ASIN12

Yes will renew my ticket has gone down from £35 a game to £24.

Fair play to Saints and it’s about the only thing sports republic have got right in 18 months .

I would imagine a lot who would have been wavering will renew at these prices .

When we went down in 2005 the season ticket renewals stayed the same price - stating as there were more games so was cheaper per game .
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 16:21]
Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 16:16 - Jun 3 with 2611 viewsSalisburySaint

Renewed on Wednesday

Been a season ticket holder since 1978, so 43 years.

not going to stop just because we’re in the Championship
Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 21:52 - Jun 3 with 2491 viewsBerber

As stated already on another thread. I am going to wait and see what happens re in’s, outs and managerial appointments. I don’t have much faith in this crew to get things right. It isn’t about the league we are in, it is about how we go about it.
Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 23:22 - Jun 3 with 2453 viewsChesham_Saint

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 16:16 - Jun 3 by SalisburySaint

Renewed on Wednesday

Been a season ticket holder since 1978, so 43 years.

not going to stop just because we’re in the Championship

How have you done that Salisbury? They haven’t sent me renewal details yet.

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 09:07 - Jun 4 with 2371 viewsSalisburySaint

Are You Renewing Your Season Ticket on 23:22 - Jun 3 by Chesham_Saint

How have you done that Salisbury? They haven’t sent me renewal details yet.

I received email, but new from initial press release about sales dates

If you go on clubs ticket website, your seat will be waiting there for you to renew
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024