Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cov 13:37 - Jan 24 with 3645 viewsPatfromPoole

Sold out their 4,800 allocation in less than half an hour apparently…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Cov on 13:41 - Jan 24 with 2843 viewsChesham_Saint

I’m sensing what could be a “feisty” day ahead…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Cov on 13:44 - Jan 24 with 2833 viewsPatfromPoole

Cov on 13:41 - Jan 24 by Chesham_Saint

I’m sensing what could be a “feisty” day ahead…

Will be lively.

Surprised it’s not on the telly actually….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Cov on 13:59 - Jan 24 with 2793 viewsSaintNick

Cov on 13:44 - Jan 24 by PatfromPoole

Will be lively.

Surprised it’s not on the telly actually….

Im not sure Saints V Coventry would be of much interest to anyone outside of Southampton or Coventry, would you be surprised if it was Burnley V Coventry or even Palace V Coventry and it wasn't on the box.

We are not the draw we used to be lol

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Cov on 14:18 - Jan 24 with 2759 viewsgeezershoong1

It once took me less time to drive home from the Ricoh Arena than it does to exit Southampton on a match day.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Cov on 14:24 - Jan 24 with 2746 viewsSonicBoom

Always hated Coventry. I went to their old ground many years ago. The away end was open to the elements and it pissed down all game with freezing rain.
To add to the joy we lost 1-0.
If memory serves it was Micky Gin. I really only remember the rain, the cold, and the goal.
Cov on 14:26 - Jan 24 with 2742 viewsSaintsforeverj

To be honest, it's not surprising. It's a Saturday 3pm game, not on tv and it's not far really. A couple of hours journey. They are the type of fans that would love and respect the fa cup too. Looking forward to it. Should be a good occasion.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Cov on 14:37 - Jan 24 with 2717 viewsfranniesTache

I've always thought Cov were a very similar side and city to us and i'm not surprised at all that they've sold out quickly as like us they take decent numbers most places but don't get the credit in the press.
Cov on 14:47 - Jan 24 with 2683 viewsTimSaint

As Manc City wore a strange away kit on Saturday, I wonder if Cov will reprise that Admiral Chocolate Brown effort from the late70's / early 80's, for the FA Cup game :-)

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Cov on 14:53 - Jan 24 with 2674 viewssaintwizzler

Cov on 14:24 - Jan 24 by SonicBoom

Always hated Coventry. I went to their old ground many years ago. The away end was open to the elements and it pissed down all game with freezing rain.
To add to the joy we lost 1-0.
If memory serves it was Micky Gin. I really only remember the rain, the cold, and the goal.

Marilyn From Home & Away liked Cov.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Cov on 14:53 - Jan 24 with 2674 viewsMytchettSaint

Cov on 14:37 - Jan 24 by franniesTache

I've always thought Cov were a very similar side and city to us and i'm not surprised at all that they've sold out quickly as like us they take decent numbers most places but don't get the credit in the press.

I’ve always had an affinity for Coventry for the reasons you mentioned.

We both struggled to retain premier league status for many years. I see a similar club to ours. Unfashionable and not media darlings.

The day we were promoted back to the premier league they were heading to league one. They’ve had a rough few years.

Many years ago at the Dell about 30 of their bods were bowling round town for a Sunday game. I chatted to one at an England away game a few years later and asked what it was all about. They just fancied an away day he said…

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Cov on 15:00 - Jan 24 with 2646 viewsDorsetIan

Cov on 14:47 - Jan 24 by TimSaint

As Manc City wore a strange away kit on Saturday, I wonder if Cov will reprise that Admiral Chocolate Brown effort from the late70's / early 80's, for the FA Cup game :-)

Not brown but their third kit this season has a nod to the 70s stripes. (And the city's musical heritage).

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fblogger.googleusercontent.com

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Cov on 15:27 - Jan 24 with 2616 viewsBicester_North

Cov on 14:53 - Jan 24 by saintwizzler

Marilyn From Home & Away liked Cov.

Did she? I thought she was a saints fan

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Cov on 15:42 - Jan 24 with 2598 viewsBuggalugs

Cov on 15:27 - Jan 24 by Bicester_North

Think she was just a Le Tiss fan..

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Cov on 16:02 - Jan 24 with 2562 viewsBicester_North

Cov on 15:42 - Jan 24 by Buggalugs

Think she was just a Le Tiss fan..

She had a few celebrations at the Plaza I know

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Cov on 16:09 - Jan 24 with 2553 viewsdirk_doone

Talking of similarities: Saints have been in 13 FA Cup Semi-finals while Coventry have been in 1 yet we've both won 1 cup.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Cov on 16:52 - Jan 24 with 2486 viewsHeisenberg

Wasnt Coventry famous for those 3 wheeled blue vehicles for disabled fans parked in the ground ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Cov on 18:04 - Jan 24 with 2397 viewsdarthvader

Cov on 16:52 - Jan 24 by Heisenberg

Wasnt Coventry famous for those 3 wheeled blue vehicles for disabled fans parked in the ground ?

I thought that was Stamford Bridge ?

keep the faith coyr

Cov on 18:42 - Jan 24 with 2353 viewsTripleNiemi

Surely your thinking of Fratton and that woman passing the old girl?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Cov on 22:03 - Jan 24 with 2251 viewshedgeend61

Sure they did at Highfield Rd, and Chelsea which got a mention by Darthvader, in 60's-70's i think
Seem to remember cars at Ibrox as well.
Cov on 23:02 - Jan 24 with 2186 viewshedgeend61

Cov on 14:26 - Jan 24 by Saintsforeverj

To be honest, it's not surprising. It's a Saturday 3pm game, not on tv and it's not far really. A couple of hours journey. They are the type of fans that would love and respect the fa cup too. Looking forward to it. Should be a good occasion.

Tenner a ticket, under 2 hours away, was always going to sell out.

Looks like the club messed up selling tickets, allowing Season Ticket holders (8000 I think) able to buy 2 each, so in theory many going now who haven't even been to a game this season. Crazy
Remember when Cov used to come to the Dell in the 80-90's they were lucky if they brought a couple of hundred down tbh.

Did anyone go to the game at Highfield Rd when the Specials played before KO?, was a night game, maybe around 2000?

Also remember the year they got relegated from the PL (Villa Park 2001 I think it was) old fella in the crowd with his piece of cardboard saying 'We'll be back'.
Lets hope he lives to a decent age
Cov on 23:11 - Jan 24 with 2163 viewsSaintsforeverj

Cov on 23:02 - Jan 24 by hedgeend61

Tenner a ticket, under 2 hours away, was always going to sell out.

Looks like the club messed up selling tickets, allowing Season Ticket holders (8000 I think) able to buy 2 each, so in theory many going now who haven't even been to a game this season. Crazy
Remember when Cov used to come to the Dell in the 80-90's they were lucky if they brought a couple of hundred down tbh.

Did anyone go to the game at Highfield Rd when the Specials played before KO?, was a night game, maybe around 2000?

Also remember the year they got relegated from the PL (Villa Park 2001 I think it was) old fella in the crowd with his piece of cardboard saying 'We'll be back'.
Lets hope he lives to a decent age

Strachan of ofcourse was the manager there, before he then came to us. I remember Le Tiss scoring a great goal at Highfield Road, a Sunday kick off I seem to remember. I do remember, a massive relegation 6 pointer at the Dell. Benali, the great legend he is, made a mistake and Peter N'Love scored the equaliser. Was that his name!? Coventry brought down a full amount that day. I remember them all singing in the pub up the road from the Dell that day before the game.

Cov on 23:37 - Jan 24 with 2130 viewswashington_saint

I remember being at Highfield Road one year in corporate and we won our first league match of the season (almost unheard of). This was the year Bally was manager and Ekelund destroyed COventry with even Dowie getting on the score sheet.

Happy days (and real positivity) for about 5 games until Ekelund did his back and never played for us again.
Cov on 23:50 - Jan 24 with 2116 viewsSaintsforeverj

Cov on 23:37 - Jan 24 by washington_saint

I remember being at Highfield Road one year in corporate and we won our first league match of the season (almost unheard of). This was the year Bally was manager and Ekelund destroyed COventry with even Dowie getting on the score sheet.

Happy days (and real positivity) for about 5 games until Ekelund did his back and never played for us again.

That was the day, Grobbellar was accused of trying to match fix wasn't it? I was at a theme park that day! Remember tuning in to the radio for the score. 25 odd years ago now. 😭

Cov on 11:52 - Jan 25 with 1936 viewsIanSouthstander

Cov on 15:27 - Jan 24 by Bicester_North

Wasn't it Holly Vallance from Neighbours who is a Saints fan , as her mum came from Southampton.
Cov on 12:08 - Jan 25 with 1921 viewsdarthvader

Cov on 11:52 - Jan 25 by IanSouthstander

Wasn't it Holly Vallance from Neighbours who is a Saints fan , as her mum came from Southampton.

Now she ...she can kiss kiss my saints badge anytime

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024