Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk , another Cusack ? 19:55 - Mar 2 with 5293 viewsicecoldjack

Ok lets just forget the Pro Laudrup/anti Laudrup Pro Monk thing for a moment, im sure like me we are all Pro SCFC !!

My own view after these last 6 games is that Monk isnt good enough to manage in this league, he has undoubted qualities and there will be a place for him here in a coaching role, but with every passing game we are looking like a team that only has one way of playing and when it needs changing mid game it tends to lead to us losing or dropping points .

Im really hoping Garry does well here,in fact its just like when Cusack had a go at being manager, every single one of us thought he would be a safe pair of hands ,he was bright and intelligent and a real club man,he had the respect of all the players but he was a total failiure as a manager for us .

Are there parallels to be drawn here ?

I take it as a given that we all want Monk to do really well,nothing id like more than to see him succeed but for me i think he is way out of his depth, have respect of other players is one thing but managing them in the top league is another.

The Palace game was the ultimate test for me,the Cardiff game looked after itself ,this was the game where management and use of resources was required,IMO he failed a big test here today and in the end he was lucky to come away with a point.

Palace are bang average yet after the first 45 mins they bossed the game against us on our own patch, ive never seen such a rubbish team do that to us for a while, we seemed to have no answer for it ,the game was a ust win and we were lucky to draw .

Do you think this appointment is now looking like a mistake ?

Or do you think we are being too harsh on Garry?

Im interested in gauging the thoughts of all my fellow jacks out there, what is the unbiased view on Monk ?
Monk , another Cusack ? on 11:32 - Mar 3 with 862 viewsJJJack

Monk , another Cusack ? on 10:55 - Mar 3 by Darran

He didn't really keep Bartley on the field though did he?
Bartley actually told Monk and the medical team that he was ok to carry on is more nearer the truth but I suppose it's another stick to beat Monk with.

I'm glad you didn't quote ICJ because he's so one-eyed it's untrue. He actually thinks he's being reasoned but as he proved in another thread when he stated that Monk's PL record is worse than Laudrup's (when it isn't) and passed that off as fact, he's proving that he's already made his mind up that Monk is as bad as Cusack.

As for saying Monk should have started Amat in case Ash didn't last.....again he is stating as FACT that we would have been better off with Amat starting instead of our captain & leader who clearly felt he could play.
Remind me again Darren, what was the score when Ash eventually went off?
Monk , another Cusack ? on 11:36 - Mar 3 with 857 viewsicecoldjack

Because both were club legends that answered a call in desperate times and had the respect from fans and players alike who were also seen as bright management material and as future Swans managers.

Cusack was widely regarded as being a great management appointment at the time and so was monk.

Both were loved by the supporters and with cusack it probably led to him being in the role alot longer than he should have been ,the heart ruled the head .
Monk , another Cusack ? on 11:37 - Mar 3 with 856 viewsCatullus

Monk , another Cusack ? on 10:55 - Mar 3 by Darran

He didn't really keep Bartley on the field though did he?
Bartley actually told Monk and the medical team that he was ok to carry on is more nearer the truth but I suppose it's another stick to beat Monk with.

And it's also missing the point that if ash wasn't involved, we didn't actually have another centre half for the bench anyway.
Maybe starting with Ash and Chico and subbing Ash when needs be was our best option at the time. Given that, when on form, they are our best CB pair.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Monk , another Cusack ? on 11:40 - Mar 3 with 848 viewsJJJack

Monk , another Cusack ? on 11:37 - Mar 3 by Catullus

And it's also missing the point that if ash wasn't involved, we didn't actually have another centre half for the bench anyway.
Maybe starting with Ash and Chico and subbing Ash when needs be was our best option at the time. Given that, when on form, they are our best CB pair.

Exactly. But much better to play a relatively untried CB pairing (and Amat struggles with physical strength at the moment) and then invent a virtual world whereby we KNOW FOR A FACT that they would have played better than Chicho and Ash. Mental.
Monk , another Cusack ? on 11:42 - Mar 3 with 845 viewsOldjack

Monk just said Ash was up all night and bony been ill for 2 days. Emnes got bug too. that's it in a nutshell .move on, Monks is doing a fine job

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Monk , another Cusack ? on 11:46 - Mar 3 with 838 viewsicecoldjack

Monk , another Cusack ? on 11:32 - Mar 3 by JJJack

I'm glad you didn't quote ICJ because he's so one-eyed it's untrue. He actually thinks he's being reasoned but as he proved in another thread when he stated that Monk's PL record is worse than Laudrup's (when it isn't) and passed that off as fact, he's proving that he's already made his mind up that Monk is as bad as Cusack.

As for saying Monk should have started Amat in case Ash didn't last.....again he is stating as FACT that we would have been better off with Amat starting instead of our captain & leader who clearly felt he could play.
Remind me again Darren, what was the score when Ash eventually went off?

One eyed ? ok thats your view so fair enough.

If monk wasnt fit to play in the morning then he is selected in the afternoon its fair to assume he aint gonna be going for 90 mins, if he is ill why start him,we have a capable player in Amat .

Whats the point in having a squad and not using it when needed?

IMO its a decision made with the heart not the head .

The score when Ash went off was 1-0 all the more reason why it would have been better if he stayed on then dont you think ?

To bring on a fresh player in that position was a mistake, if amat had started his game head would have been switched on correctly IMO . Monk didnt think that selection through properly , Ash probably wanted to out on the field but it limited us knowing he would probably have to come off at some point, and to change your back four at a critical time aint a massive help especially when this game was always going to be a tight tense affair.

Im not made up about Monk just yet but he gets my 100% support regardless. certainly not one eyed though !
Monk , another Cusack ? on 11:51 - Mar 3 with 828 viewsmonmouth

Monk , another Cusack ? on 11:21 - Mar 3 by icecoldjack

Stare all you like, judging by your comments your staring is far more constructive than your typing.

RE Bartley, sometimes players need to be saved from themselves,same with Ash against Palce really, massive respect for them wnting to play through the pain but it only creates problems further down the line .

Yes, and I don't think I'm alone in wishing you'd try it more often. Indeed permanently.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:08 - Mar 3 with 815 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Monk , another Cusack ? on 22:23 - Mar 2 by icecoldjack

But Palace at home is a must win game is it not ?

we are 5 pts off the drop guys not 15 !!

We are 14th and if Sunderland and Palace win their games in hand we drop to 16th !!

so i want to know why everyone is thinking its totally fooking awesome to take just 1pt from Palace when all of us where saying days before it was a game we must win .!

The sitution we are in is one of urgency not arrogance to think we wont go down,because the way things are going we are falling fast .

Let me get this straight, you are blaming GM for being in our current position instead of
Michael (Small Squad) sodding Laudrup who run our best players in to the ground?
Illness
Injuries
Too many games in a short period (with said small squad)
A crap Referee's decision.

Are you one of those Gung Ho fans saying go for everything full out?
Well yesterday was the result of that considering the state of the squad.

Get Real.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:23 - Mar 3 with 784 viewsymaohyd

Monk , another Cusack ? on 10:02 - Mar 3 by LeonisGod

Bang on. We had Lita and Vasquez on the bench and Palace (only promoted last season) had Jerome and Murray. That says it all. Now those 2 are hardly world beaters, but Murray is a well-proven goal scorer and canny professional. And that showed yesterday.

Depsite their faults, Luke or Danny were streets ahead of our current back-up strikers.

Danny Graham is a good talking point actually. I wasn't Danny's biggest fan, but how much did he cost us...£3 mill? In his full season with us in our first PL season he got 12 goals in the league.

Bony is the flavour of the month at the moment. but still has only 9 league goals. I know he didn't play regularly at the start of the season and didn't get great service..in fact it was woeful.

At this stage though I'm not convinced about his pedigree as a top scorer in the league. He did it in the Eredivisie and he's done it in Europe and against Birmingham in the cup. Is he a 20 goal a season man in the league?

The Swans board will always be mindful of value for money, at the moment it looks as though a player who cost about 8 mill more than DG will get about 2 more league goals than him.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:26 - Mar 3 with 778 viewsShaky

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:08 - Mar 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Let me get this straight, you are blaming GM for being in our current position instead of
Michael (Small Squad) sodding Laudrup who run our best players in to the ground?
Illness
Injuries

Get Real.

So you agree that Monk hasn't gone for everything?

And on the basis we were never likely to get anything much at Anfield he has effectively sacrificed the FA and UEFA cups respectively in return for a singleton point at home to Palace.

Strategic genius right there.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:36 - Mar 3 with 754 viewsraynor94

Monk , another Cusack ? on 11:51 - Mar 3 by monmouth

Yes, and I don't think I'm alone in wishing you'd try it more often. Indeed permanently.

Post of the day!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:38 - Mar 3 with 753 viewstaff999555

Monk is tactically inept. Showed that clearly yesterday with his horrendous substitutions which cost us the game. Leroy lita is an absolute joke. He's worse than useless.
Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:43 - Mar 3 with 739 viewsraynor94

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:38 - Mar 3 by taff999555

Monk is tactically inept. Showed that clearly yesterday with his horrendous substitutions which cost us the game. Leroy lita is an absolute joke. He's worse than useless.

You have left me speechless

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:46 - Mar 3 with 727 viewsOldjack

Are you a vermin lover?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:48 - Mar 3 with 715 viewsTaweboi

Since Monk took over we have lost just one league game in four, and that by a single goal at Anfield. That's pretty good. If we keep that average of 1.25 points per game we will stay up. Against Palace the team was exhausted in the second half from the exertions of three big games against Liverpool and Napoli. Even Spurs have played two poor matches following their EL games against Dnipro. Can't blame Monk for that, or for the defensive shambles that led to the penalty when Amat could have hoofed the ball out of play. No blame to Monk either for the substitutions - Ash was sick, Pablo injured and Bony just shattered. I would have put Emnes on instead of Lita, but I assume that Lita has been training well and impressed the managerial team. Remember that Monk doesn't have Michu and Shelvey at present, either. I think he's done a good job so far, but final judgement will come at the season's end.
Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:53 - Mar 3 with 703 viewsOldjack

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:48 - Mar 3 by Taweboi

Since Monk took over we have lost just one league game in four, and that by a single goal at Anfield. That's pretty good. If we keep that average of 1.25 points per game we will stay up. Against Palace the team was exhausted in the second half from the exertions of three big games against Liverpool and Napoli. Even Spurs have played two poor matches following their EL games against Dnipro. Can't blame Monk for that, or for the defensive shambles that led to the penalty when Amat could have hoofed the ball out of play. No blame to Monk either for the substitutions - Ash was sick, Pablo injured and Bony just shattered. I would have put Emnes on instead of Lita, but I assume that Lita has been training well and impressed the managerial team. Remember that Monk doesn't have Michu and Shelvey at present, either. I think he's done a good job so far, but final judgement will come at the season's end.

Emmes was ill aswell

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:54 - Mar 3 with 702 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:23 - Mar 3 by ymaohyd

Danny Graham is a good talking point actually. I wasn't Danny's biggest fan, but how much did he cost us...£3 mill? In his full season with us in our first PL season he got 12 goals in the league.

Bony is the flavour of the month at the moment. but still has only 9 league goals. I know he didn't play regularly at the start of the season and didn't get great service..in fact it was woeful.

At this stage though I'm not convinced about his pedigree as a top scorer in the league. He did it in the Eredivisie and he's done it in Europe and against Birmingham in the cup. Is he a 20 goal a season man in the league?

The Swans board will always be mindful of value for money, at the moment it looks as though a player who cost about 8 mill more than DG will get about 2 more league goals than him.

You don't think Bony has the pedigree? A 24 year old who has terrorized the best centre half partnerships in this division through his sheer strength , who can hit the ball hard with both feet, is incredible in the air and has scored more goals than Roberto Soldado (who cost more than double his price)?
I'm surprised to see you wrote that Yma but I think you'd better reserve judgement until we crack on after this rest period. He was ill yesterday and probably bolluxed due to playing two games a week for the last 3 to 4 weeks as well as traveling back and forth Europe too.
I think he will shine during our run in and during the World Cup too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:56 - Mar 3 with 697 viewsCatullus

Monk is playing the cards he was dealt.

Out of interest, who would you have put on the bench and which subs would you have made? bearing in mind you don't actually know who was available .
Monk had all the info, he made what he believed to be the best choices. None of us can know if he could have done better.

if it was me, I wouldn't have brought Lita on, but I have no way of knowing how it would have turned out.

And despite the situation we got a point. You'd think we got trashed at home and were relegated yesterday. I'm still more confident of staying up than I was with Laudrup.

I'll do you a deal, if we go down I'll give £20 to a charity of your choice, if we stay up, you do the same to a charity of my choice? Money where your mouth is?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Monk , another Cusack ? on 13:04 - Mar 3 with 680 viewstaff999555

I would not have brought bony off under any circumstances. He's the strongest player we have in the air and we needed him to hold the ball up and take the pressure off us. I would not play lita in my pub team I play for. We would have been better with 10 men than with him on.
Monk , another Cusack ? on 13:06 - Mar 3 with 679 viewsymaohyd

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:54 - Mar 3 by Brynmill_Jack

You don't think Bony has the pedigree? A 24 year old who has terrorized the best centre half partnerships in this division through his sheer strength , who can hit the ball hard with both feet, is incredible in the air and has scored more goals than Roberto Soldado (who cost more than double his price)?
I'm surprised to see you wrote that Yma but I think you'd better reserve judgement until we crack on after this rest period. He was ill yesterday and probably bolluxed due to playing two games a week for the last 3 to 4 weeks as well as traveling back and forth Europe too.
I think he will shine during our run in and during the World Cup too.

No I agree with you to a point. I hope he goes on to get another 8/9 league goals which will put him on 18 league goals which will be an excellent tally for a relative youngster in his first year in English football. Importantly another windfall for the Swans as his value will soar.

Facts are facts though, as it stands he has a modest 9 league goals. I'm making the point more from the point of view of the irony that he cost quite a bit more than Danny Graham but may end up with just 2 or so more league goals.

I do have some doubt as to his pedigree at the top level, maybe the consistency in his finishing which will come in time. He missed a few against Napoli which ultimately cost us. I don't blame him really though, as I've said earlier in this thread he's our shining light up front alongside some dire acquisitions.

If we lose Bony we are right in the shi*!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Monk , another Cusack ? on 13:30 - Mar 3 with 662 viewsStarsky

Monk , another Cusack ? on 11:46 - Mar 3 by icecoldjack

One eyed ? ok thats your view so fair enough.

If monk wasnt fit to play in the morning then he is selected in the afternoon its fair to assume he aint gonna be going for 90 mins, if he is ill why start him,we have a capable player in Amat .

Whats the point in having a squad and not using it when needed?

IMO its a decision made with the heart not the head .

The score when Ash went off was 1-0 all the more reason why it would have been better if he stayed on then dont you think ?

To bring on a fresh player in that position was a mistake, if amat had started his game head would have been switched on correctly IMO . Monk didnt think that selection through properly , Ash probably wanted to out on the field but it limited us knowing he would probably have to come off at some point, and to change your back four at a critical time aint a massive help especially when this game was always going to be a tight tense affair.

Im not made up about Monk just yet but he gets my 100% support regardless. certainly not one eyed though !

Your last sentence...

You lie, like a rug.

I'm waiting until the end of the season before I weigh things up but you crack on with your 100% support for him.

When we have a performance from Monk's team like West Ham away, then I'll be worried.

It's just the internet, init.

Monk , another Cusack ? on 13:32 - Mar 3 with 660 viewsCatullus

Monk , another Cusack ? on 13:04 - Mar 3 by taff999555

I would not have brought bony off under any circumstances. He's the strongest player we have in the air and we needed him to hold the ball up and take the pressure off us. I would not play lita in my pub team I play for. We would have been better with 10 men than with him on.

So you can't actually answer my question then? You just know that Monk is sh*t and that's it?

And I take it you won't take up my charity challenge either then?

Monk , another Cusack ? on 13:56 - Mar 3 with 639 viewstaff999555

Monk , another Cusack ? on 13:32 - Mar 3 by Catullus

So you can't actually answer my question then? You just know that Monk is sh*t and that's it?

And I take it you won't take up my charity challenge either then?

Jog on you bellend
Monk , another Cusack ? on 14:22 - Mar 3 with 609 viewsraynor94

Monk , another Cusack ? on 13:56 - Mar 3 by taff999555

Jog on you bellend

what a great response, you are a real asset to the board

Monk , another Cusack ? on 16:06 - Mar 3 with 585 viewsPlasticman

Monk , another Cusack ? on 12:08 - Mar 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Illness
Injuries

Get Real.

Laudrup wasn't the one ordering double training sessions and insisting on high energy usage in every game. (edit: especially in a congested schedule) That's Monks doing.

You seem to have mixed the 2 around.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2014 16:07]

Plastic since 2012

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024