Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's not all Monks fault. 15:43 - Mar 24 with 5459 viewstrolley_jack

Monk as been in charge for 6 league games 3 Home 3 Away we have scored 11 goals but we have conceded 11 goals W1 D2 L3 but only lost by a single goal each time although a loss is a loss all the same, In the last 6 league games Laudrup had at the helm we played 3 Home 3 Away scored 7 and conceded 11 W1 D1 L4 losing 3 times by 2 goals.

I know this proves little but I think some people on here need to lay of Monk and get behind the team hopefully he will learn from his mistakes and we will be a stronger team in the coming games we can all help with a vocal support and not muttering in the stands of how poor a appointment Monk is. He is our manager till the end of the season so lets get behind him and the team ffs.
It's not all Monks fault. on 15:46 - Mar 24 with 4434 viewsscottishjack

Far too much common sense on that post mate...ffs!
It's not all Monks fault. on 15:57 - Mar 24 with 4411 viewsjackpot

Well said trolley jack. Too many people have short memories as to where we were not so long ago.
It's not all Monks fault. on 16:05 - Mar 24 with 4392 viewsShaky

On the other hand 80% of those points won were in the first 2 games when; A) the Laudrup system objectively speaking remained strongest, and; B) when the new manager effect was at its greatest.

Certainly Monk needs support, but the failure to pick up more points against the worst sides in the league is nothing short of abysmal.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

It's not all Monks fault. on 16:06 - Mar 24 with 4382 viewsOldjack

Apart from two bad 45 mins of football and one of them was imo down to illness. I think we've been a very good team overhaul and certainly don't deserve to be where we are in the leauge, Now our top guns are back .I'm relishing the forthcoming battles ahead ,Bring it on !!!

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

It's not all Monks fault. on 16:11 - Mar 24 with 4359 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

no its not Monks fault at all.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

It's not all Monks fault. on 16:12 - Mar 24 with 4359 viewspencoedjack

It's not all Monks fault. on 16:06 - Mar 24 by Oldjack

Apart from two bad 45 mins of football and one of them was imo down to illness. I think we've been a very good team overhaul and certainly don't deserve to be where we are in the leauge, Now our top guns are back .I'm relishing the forthcoming battles ahead ,Bring it on !!!

The league don't lie at the end of the season .............. Good performance mean Jack shit.

It's a results business no room for sentiment ...
It's not all Monks fault. on 16:13 - Mar 24 with 4349 viewstrolley_jack

It's not all Monks fault. on 16:05 - Mar 24 by Shaky

On the other hand 80% of those points won were in the first 2 games when; A) the Laudrup system objectively speaking remained strongest, and; B) when the new manager effect was at its greatest.

Certainly Monk needs support, but the failure to pick up more points against the worst sides in the league is nothing short of abysmal.

Problem is it is a very tough league and we cannot expect to beat anyone, just like we can beat any team on our day so can any team beat us on there day. The attitude of its only Crystal Palace or West Brom is our problem when a few years ago they were massive games to the team and the fans now we expect just to beat them. We gave a good account of ourselves against Liverpool and Everton away play like that for 90 mins Saturday or even Tuesday we may get something.
It's not all Monks fault. on 16:17 - Mar 24 with 4336 viewsOldjack

It's not all Monks fault. on 16:12 - Mar 24 by pencoedjack

The league don't lie at the end of the season .............. Good performance mean Jack shit.

if we were as bad has half those teams down there then i'd be first one to hold my hands up and say we are crap, but we're not crap, far from it just a few tweaks and those results will come i'm sure of it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

It's not all Monks fault. on 16:39 - Mar 24 with 4292 viewsJethroJack

It's not all Monks fault. on 16:12 - Mar 24 by pencoedjack

When compared to poor performances and hammerings (eg. Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal) good performances mean a hell of a lot to a club like ours, especially in such a competitive league. Apart from 2 crap 2nd halves, if we'd converted just a few more of the numerous chances we've created, we'd already be home & dry...and not agonising over poor defending lapses leading to soft goals.

Liverpool are the PRIME example of this.....shit defence but a brilliant pair of strikers....and look where they are!

Chance conversion has been our Achilles heal for the past 3 seasons, not just this one.
It's not all Monks fault. on 16:44 - Mar 24 with 4281 viewspencoedjack

It's not all Monks fault. on 16:39 - Mar 24 by JethroJack

When compared to poor performances and hammerings (eg. Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal) good performances mean a hell of a lot to a club like ours, especially in such a competitive league. Apart from 2 crap 2nd halves, if we'd converted just a few more of the numerous chances we've created, we'd already be home & dry...and not agonising over poor defending lapses leading to soft goals.

Liverpool are the PRIME example of this.....shit defence but a brilliant pair of strikers....and look where they are!

Chance conversion has been our Achilles heal for the past 3 seasons, not just this one.

Well I for one don't care if we have a few crap performance and pick up a few points ...

I am a firm believer in you make your own luck in football.
It's not all Monks fault. on 16:49 - Mar 24 with 4265 viewsJethroJack

It's not all Monks fault. on 16:44 - Mar 24 by pencoedjack

Well I for one don't care if we have a few crap performance and pick up a few points ...

I am a firm believer in you make your own luck in football.

I'd say you're more likey to pick up points if you perform well than if you don't....can't rely entirely on luck, although a fair share is always welcome.

Our performance level is what's created a better goal difference that most other sides around us. Losing games by the odd goal rather than getting tonked might yet help us survive....by the skin of our teeth!!
[Post edited 24 Mar 2014 16:51]
It's not all Monks fault. on 17:06 - Mar 24 with 4222 viewsC_jack

It's not his fault he has no managerial experience from under 9's mini football to the premier league, no.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

It's not all Monks fault. on 17:13 - Mar 24 with 4197 viewsVetchitBack

Relatively little of the current situation is his fault.

I'm starting to think his great start has bizarrely done him no favours.

He's gone from The Messiah to a very naughty boy. But when you get one point from Palace (H) and West Brom (H) no matter who you are you're going to be lynched.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

It's not all Monks fault. on 17:14 - Mar 24 with 4194 viewsApeShit

It's not all Monks fault. on 15:57 - Mar 24 by jackpot

Well said trolley jack. Too many people have short memories as to where we were not so long ago.

Yes but we're not there now are we, you need to move on buddy.
It's not all Monks fault. on 17:57 - Mar 24 with 4119 viewsjackpot

It's not all Monks fault. on 17:14 - Mar 24 by ApeShit

Yes but we're not there now are we, you need to move on buddy.

My names not buddy.
We are in the premier league last time i looked.
It's not all Monks fault. on 18:06 - Mar 24 with 4101 viewspencoedjack

It's not all Monks fault. on 17:13 - Mar 24 by VetchitBack

Relatively little of the current situation is his fault.

I'm starting to think his great start has bizarrely done him no favours.

He's gone from The Messiah to a very naughty boy. But when you get one point from Palace (H) and West Brom (H) no matter who you are you're going to be lynched.

Look I am not knocking Monk but great start ?

He beat a p1ss poor Bassey side, that to be honest if players are incapable of getting 'up for' are in the wrong profession.
It's not all Monks fault. on 18:53 - Mar 24 with 4044 viewsGiant_Penguins

Not really possible to compare ML's last 6 games against
Aston villa (A), Man City (H), Man Utd (A), Tottenham (H), Fulham (H) and wst ham (A)
to Monks last 6 against
crapdiff (H), stoke (A), Liverpool (A), crystal palace (H), Wba (H) and everton (A).
But agree it's not all GM's fault
It's not all Monks fault. on 19:05 - Mar 24 with 4022 viewsScoobyWho

None of this should be Monks fault because the bloody bloke shouldn't be anywhere near the managers seat. To even consider it is bordering on insanity !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

It's not all Monks fault. on 19:07 - Mar 24 with 4010 viewsPrivate_Partz

It is not his fault at all and he deserves our full support. The fault lies elsewhere and IMHO it so not ML either.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

It's not all Monks fault. on 20:32 - Mar 24 with 3928 viewsSpratty

The thing is we need to get back to winning ways

We have dropped from achieving 96% of last season's like for like PL games points total pre Monk to 50% post Monk
Or looking at this season's reverse fixtures we achieved 8 points compared to 5 now

We have now gone 8 games without winning - the most all season.

Before that the most was 7 even at the height of fixtures (9 games from 1st Dec to 1st Jan) and during that period our losses were to Man City away and home, Chelsea and Everton. Only City away was lost by more than 1 goal. All whilst dealing with major key injuries and keeping in the cups.

Of course it's not Monks fault he didn't appoint himself. But this was not a time to have someone so inexperienced as you say hopefully learning from his mistakes.

We are obviously all right behind the team (with all due respect to the odd Dane who rightfully may feel we have P1ssed upon their national treasure and deserve all we get - but sadly I think most would not even be that petty). If we can get something from tomorrow's game that would be brilliant, not least for those of us at the game. We know our team are capable and any positive result would take some pressure off the game on Sat.
It's not all Monks fault. on 20:52 - Mar 24 with 3898 viewsPrivate_Partz

Your second para sums it all up for me Spratty. It was just a mad decision to switch managers. Made worse by the fact we have not been given any reason as to why the sacking took place. Like you I really am hoping we can scrape the necessary wins to salvage the season. Performances suggest we can. Anymore Palace or West Broms however and we are right in the do do.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

It's not all Monks fault. on 08:44 - Mar 25 with 3780 viewscostalotta

It's not all Monks fault. on 20:32 - Mar 24 by Spratty

The thing is we need to get back to winning ways

We have dropped from achieving 96% of last season's like for like PL games points total pre Monk to 50% post Monk
Or looking at this season's reverse fixtures we achieved 8 points compared to 5 now

We have now gone 8 games without winning - the most all season.

Before that the most was 7 even at the height of fixtures (9 games from 1st Dec to 1st Jan) and during that period our losses were to Man City away and home, Chelsea and Everton. Only City away was lost by more than 1 goal. All whilst dealing with major key injuries and keeping in the cups.

Of course it's not Monks fault he didn't appoint himself. But this was not a time to have someone so inexperienced as you say hopefully learning from his mistakes.

We are obviously all right behind the team (with all due respect to the odd Dane who rightfully may feel we have P1ssed upon their national treasure and deserve all we get - but sadly I think most would not even be that petty). If we can get something from tomorrow's game that would be brilliant, not least for those of us at the game. We know our team are capable and any positive result would take some pressure off the game on Sat.

^This.

Of course it's not GMs fault. It's come too early for him. No doubt in time he may well become a manager. But the board are gambling big time with this appointment. Stay up or go down either way the board need to appoint someone with the experience needed and who can be ruthless. Not someone who is mates with the board and players.
It's not all Monks fault. on 08:56 - Mar 25 with 3758 viewsperchrockjack

Somehow we have to find someone who can stop us passing for the sake of passing and quit giving away the most ludicrous "own" goals.
More direct play and 100% concentration is the answer

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

It's not all Monks fault. on 13:12 - Mar 25 with 3667 viewsChief

It's not all Monks fault. on 15:46 - Mar 24 by scottishjack

Far too much common sense on that post mate...ffs!

Any man that has a picture of Itay Shechter as their profile picture cannot be trusted

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

It's not all Monks fault. on 13:19 - Mar 25 with 3652 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It's the board fault for giving the job to our defender. Yes, read that sentence again. They put our centre back in charge of guiding our club to safety. It's baffling.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024