Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Pulis 22:39 - May 5 with 2181 viewsDexterMorgan

I know it would never happen, but I'd be delighted for Tony Pulis to come and work with Monk. I'd never have said that a year ago. What a job he's done.
Tony Pulis on 22:41 - May 5 with 2161 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I have for a long time now wanted the F.A.W to head hunt him for the Welsh job. Even if he works part time. He'd get the most out of our limited squad undoubtedly.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tony Pulis on 22:59 - May 5 with 2064 viewsBanosswan

Tony Pulis on 22:41 - May 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I have for a long time now wanted the F.A.W to head hunt him for the Welsh job. Even if he works part time. He'd get the most out of our limited squad undoubtedly.

This is a shout. Organise our relatively understated defence and free Ramsey /Bale for counters.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Tony Pulis on 23:03 - May 5 with 2044 viewsC_jack

He'd give Huw all sorts of bother, on that basis he's got no chance.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Tony Pulis on 23:05 - May 5 with 2040 viewsbermudajack

Tony Pulis on 22:41 - May 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He is without doubt the best candidate for a mid table Premiership club

A complete no brainer

Compare him to Monk... There is no comparison

Never been relegated, works within tight budgets, fast counter attacking teams with pretty solid defences and an incredible team ethic...absolutely demands each player gives his all...

Could he inter-grate a passing style into his successful structure?

You just can't believe he hasn't even been considered can you?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Tony Pulis on 23:20 - May 5 with 1978 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tony Pulis on 23:05 - May 5 by bermudajack

A complete no brainer

Never been relegated, works within tight budgets, fast counter attacking teams with pretty solid defences and an incredible team ethic...absolutely demands each player gives his all...

I can't believe that no one else has been considered. It's an absolute disgrace. But very few seem to be questioning it which is just as frightening.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tony Pulis on 00:04 - May 6 with 1904 viewsJethroJack

Tony Pulis on 23:20 - May 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I can't believe that no one else has been considered. It's an absolute disgrace. But very few seem to be questioning it which is just as frightening.

None of the other Head-slappers are as fussed as you about Garry's appointment.
You'd be best advised to focus your energy on Ole (or more likely, his successor) trying to prevent your slide continuing into League 1 next season.
[Post edited 6 May 2014 0:05]
Tony Pulis on 05:33 - May 6 with 1807 viewsglobus10

Don't think he would fit the bill for Swans. However I think he will end up Wales manager. Unlike Giggsy who is always touted but has never shown an interest,I am sure that Pullis has said he wants to manage his country. I think he would organise us and then make us hard to beat.
Tony Pulis on 07:26 - May 6 with 1718 viewsswancity

Tony Pulis on 23:05 - May 5 by bermudajack

A complete no brainer

You do not put square pegs into round holes and for that reason alone he won't be coming here unless its on his holidays

We would be throwing away 7 years of hard work and it would mean almost a complete clear out on the playing side. Don't be so silly.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Tony Pulis on 07:49 - May 6 with 1691 viewsAngelRangelQS

Tony Pulis on 07:26 - May 6 by swancity

You do not put square pegs into round holes and for that reason alone he won't be coming here unless its on his holidays

We would be throwing away 7 years of hard work and it would mean almost a complete clear out on the playing side. Don't be so silly.

Thank god for that.

I thought this thread was going to be totally devoid of common sense
Tony Pulis on 09:23 - May 6 with 1603 viewsDarran

Bermuda would have Peter Sutcliffe in charge with Ian Brady as coach before the devils spawn Garry Monk.

It's getting quite pitiful now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tony Pulis on 09:26 - May 6 with 1589 viewsJackSomething

Tony Pulis on 07:49 - May 6 by AngelRangelQS

Thank god for that.

I thought this thread was going to be totally devoid of common sense

Indeed. Done brilliant work with Crystal Palace this season and is a good shout for Manager of the Year, but not one of those currently championing him would have touched him with a bargepole last summer.

Spent huge amounts of money at Stoke, with no noticeable improvement. First year he's gone, Hughes has got them playing football and about to achieve their best ever Premier League finish.

Forgetting whether he's even suitable for us as a manager, would he even want to come here? I doubt it, especially if it was alongside Monk, as someone suggested.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Tony Pulis on 09:34 - May 6 with 1576 viewsPrivate_Partz

You know expectations have gone through the floor when we are prepared to throw away our whole ethos and appoint TP.
Whilst I doubt the board we would even look at TP I think this type of small thinking will be our undoing.
We need financial prudence but that does not mean throwing everything away and attempt to run the whole show on the cheap.
I am not enthusiastic about Monk but I would prefer him out of the two.
It does not take away my worst nightmare however of GM in charge assisted by Trunds, Tatey and KOL as we scour the lower leagues for bargain British players to replace the foreign players we have lost. This is the stuff of cold sweats for me.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tony Pulis on 09:35 - May 6 with 1573 viewsLord_Bony

Manager of the Year candidate certainly.

He really seems to have clicked at Palace and no doubt his managerial skills have totally turned them round...they would probably have been relegation fodder by now.as he says himself a lot of it is luck in the day but there's definitely a long term transformation there.

To come back after being 3.0 down against Liverpool is no mean achievement and is testament to the team and manager.He will be with them for quite a few years I would imagine.

He d certainly get my vote as manager of Wales.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Tony Pulis on 09:41 - May 6 with 1554 viewsperchrockjack

So s a guy taking over a club that all but relegated before Christmas- a basket case from top to bottom.
Then they end up mud table above us and screw up one of the seasons form teams.

Not good enough for us then as her doesn't have teams playing in pretty triangles .

I hated his Stoke teams but without doubt an effective manager at the top of his game .

One thing for sure, his teams wont have been going on with the attitude ous showed last Saturday and Vorm would have been kicked to death by him.

Pain in the arse for sure

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Tony Pulis on 11:08 - May 6 with 1489 viewsmonmouth

Pulis? Pulis? Oh do please f*ck off. Especially singing his praises after last night when his pathetic heap of dogsh*t team should have been buried before half time and been eight down at the end. Fluke result, fluke season, load of arse. Relegated next year without doubt, unless their supporters (which is the only premier thing about them) can maintain their intensity. Pulis? Jesus wept.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tony Pulis on 11:35 - May 6 with 1438 viewsLord_Bony

Tony Pulis on 11:08 - May 6 by monmouth

Pulis? Pulis? Oh do please f*ck off. Especially singing his praises after last night when his pathetic heap of dogsh*t team should have been buried before half time and been eight down at the end. Fluke result, fluke season, load of arse. Relegated next year without doubt, unless their supporters (which is the only premier thing about them) can maintain their intensity. Pulis? Jesus wept.

I surprised at that response Mr Mon as you are normally one of the more sensible ones .

To come back from 3.0 against Liverpool is no fluke.pulis has dragged them up by their boot straps since taking over and taken them from bottom to mid table and above us in no time...again..no fluke.

I agree he s not everyone's cup of tea and comes across as arrogant sometimes but he is a good manager. He certainly would nt be interested in us and visa versa so no worries there...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Tony Pulis on 11:42 - May 6 with 1420 viewsRogueTrooper

Pulis rightly deserves the plaudits he's getting for what he has achieved, and I'm sure if he took over here, he'd tighten up our defence while at the same time utilise our passing game making us a very formidable team, similar to how, Roberto has done the opposite with Everton, or what Wenger did with the Arsenal team he took over.

Would I like that to happen? No, as over time, the flair players will be sidelined and sold and there would be a creep towards the land of the giants and an awful lot of hoofing going on, the same as how Arsenal became pretty but defensevely poor over time.

If we were in the position Palace were in, it would be very tempting to bring a Pulis or an Allardyce type in, especially as our only problem this season has been a leaky defence (Goals scored this season have been very good generally). But we have a way of playing and despite some of the negative press that Souza (Sometimes unfairly) gets, he did at least get a grip of our defence, which, if Garry, who was an integral part of this period, along with Ash, can get sorted pre season with their combined experience, and if we can retain the majoritory of our squad, we should do well next season without Europa League commitments and minimal squad tweaking.

Getting a Pulis is great when your right in the mire, and will, for a while, play attractive football with a solid defence, but later down the line, you'll be watching a Pulis team every week. Can't see Huw saying yes to that, and nor should he. Despite Liverpool drawing last night, their season should be getting the accolades, as they have gone from 7th to 1st (depending on other results) playing the Swansea Way, and thats the way forward for us, its worked for a decade so far.
[Post edited 6 May 2014 11:53]

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Tony Pulis on 11:49 - May 6 with 1403 viewsDarran

Tony Pulis on 11:35 - May 6 by Lord_Bony

I surprised at that response Mr Mon as you are normally one of the more sensible ones .

To come back from 3.0 against Liverpool is no fluke.pulis has dragged them up by their boot straps since taking over and taken them from bottom to mid table and above us in no time...again..no fluke.

I agree he s not everyone's cup of tea and comes across as arrogant sometimes but he is a good manager. He certainly would nt be interested in us and visa versa so no worries there...

You're surprised at his response because he's normally one of the more sensible ones?

Go figure.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024