Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign 21:56 - Jun 19 with 1281 viewsPhil_S

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 22:05 - Jun 19 with 1254 viewsSwansNZ

It's as expected really tho', isn't it?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 22:09 - Jun 19 with 1232 viewsCatullus

More than I ever thought possible, but because I haven't been watching it. I've been catching up on series 9 of Criminal Minds and also watching Game of Thrones.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 22:13 - Jun 19 with 1214 viewsJackFish

They've kindly kept going where Cardiff left off.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:47 - Jun 19 with 1164 viewsClinton

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 22:05 - Jun 19 by SwansNZ

It's as expected really tho', isn't it?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:50 - Jun 19 with 1151 viewscockett_jack

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 22:52 - Jun 19 with 1146 viewsmax936

My Mrs and my lad were cheering for them, jumping up and down when Rooney scored, I was watching but not really bothered or so I thought, but I was gutted for them at the end, had a right rip on when l went out to water the plants as well, bastard gnats haven't helped they've bitten fuk out of me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 23:01 - Jun 19 with 1127 viewsunion_jack

Watched it down the Southgate Club. Most of us were cheering on the lads and pretty peed off at the end.

Still, no real surprise is it?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 23:32 - Jun 19 with 1088 viewscockett_jack

my post seems to have been deleted. Bottling it Phil? I would just like a chat mate, doesn't have to be in person if that would make you feel better
Login to get fewer ads

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 07:47 - Jun 20 with 986 viewsPhil_S

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 23:32 - Jun 19 by cockett_jack

my post seems to have been deleted. Bottling it Phil? I would just like a chat mate, doesn't have to be in person if that would make you feel better

I've not deleted any posts on here?
How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 12:03 - Jun 20 with 874 viewsymaohyd

I must be honest, as I get older, I'm the grand age of 48 now, I find watching a full time live game, less appealing. Yet, I have my world cup wall chart up, when a game is on I flick onto it, but will likely watch something else with the family, but will be checking the net every few minutes to check on the scores, regardless of who is playing.

As for England, there was a brief moment a few weeks ago when I thought I'd try and want England to do well, as a tribute to the English boys who have represented our club with so much dignity and without whom we wouldn't have got to where we are now, but....I couldn't do it.

As soon as the English media machine starts getting into full flow I can't help myself but want them want to lose. There is no malice, no hatred, just a bit of fun. I can't believe that the same reasons that England fans and media have trotted out for decades are still doing the rounds, I find it incredible. To be fair, the media have discovered a bit of perspective where the hyperbole hasn't been as bad in this world cup as previous tournaments.

As for the reasons why England seem to fail, I listened to an interview with Gianluca Vialli (pardon the spelling), just before the Italy v England game that I found strange and not sure that I agreed with him, but what he said seems to hold true.

Along with saying with a wry smile that he found it strange that England as a nation wouldn't give themselves a chance a year before the world cup and would be very circumspect, all of a sudden as the world cup approached, found it strange that those same newspapers would be talking about the semi final!

He also said that he felt that English players weren't used to playing under pressure in the Premier League, compared to players in the other main leagues in Europe. I'm still not sure that I agree with him, but can see the logic where other leagues put greater emphasis on possession football, not wasting possession, having a high successful passing ratio etc.

When it comes to the world cup, you have a small window of time where you cannot be wasteful in games, miss chances, give away possession.

You look at Italy, particularly and a player like Pirlo and the masterclass that he displayed. Germany and Italy consistently perform at world cups (in the main). Forget about Spain, who for all their success, is down mainly to a golden era. Germany and Italy historically have technically gifted players who know how to play in tournaments.

England needed a Leon Britton in that midfield, a metronome to keep the tempo ticking over yet consistently they ignore the facts that have been in front of them now for 40 odd years. Huff, puff, lose possession.

Strangely I think England will actually get through to the next stage. There is no way that Costa Rica will beat Italy, I think they will beat Costa Rica, Uruguay may get a point against Italy, but wouldn't bet on it.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 12:35 - Jun 20 with 848 viewsmax936

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 12:03 - Jun 20 by ymaohyd

I must be honest, as I get older, I'm the grand age of 48 now, I find watching a full time live game, less appealing. Yet, I have my world cup wall chart up, when a game is on I flick onto it, but will likely watch something else with the family, but will be checking the net every few minutes to check on the scores, regardless of who is playing.

As for England, there was a brief moment a few weeks ago when I thought I'd try and want England to do well, as a tribute to the English boys who have represented our club with so much dignity and without whom we wouldn't have got to where we are now, but....I couldn't do it.

As soon as the English media machine starts getting into full flow I can't help myself but want them want to lose. There is no malice, no hatred, just a bit of fun. I can't believe that the same reasons that England fans and media have trotted out for decades are still doing the rounds, I find it incredible. To be fair, the media have discovered a bit of perspective where the hyperbole hasn't been as bad in this world cup as previous tournaments.

As for the reasons why England seem to fail, I listened to an interview with Gianluca Vialli (pardon the spelling), just before the Italy v England game that I found strange and not sure that I agreed with him, but what he said seems to hold true.

Along with saying with a wry smile that he found it strange that England as a nation wouldn't give themselves a chance a year before the world cup and would be very circumspect, all of a sudden as the world cup approached, found it strange that those same newspapers would be talking about the semi final!

He also said that he felt that English players weren't used to playing under pressure in the Premier League, compared to players in the other main leagues in Europe. I'm still not sure that I agree with him, but can see the logic where other leagues put greater emphasis on possession football, not wasting possession, having a high successful passing ratio etc.

When it comes to the world cup, you have a small window of time where you cannot be wasteful in games, miss chances, give away possession.

You look at Italy, particularly and a player like Pirlo and the masterclass that he displayed. Germany and Italy consistently perform at world cups (in the main). Forget about Spain, who for all their success, is down mainly to a golden era. Germany and Italy historically have technically gifted players who know how to play in tournaments.

England needed a Leon Britton in that midfield, a metronome to keep the tempo ticking over yet consistently they ignore the facts that have been in front of them now for 40 odd years. Huff, puff, lose possession.

Strangely I think England will actually get through to the next stage. There is no way that Costa Rica will beat Italy, I think they will beat Costa Rica, Uruguay may get a point against Italy, but wouldn't bet on it.

Ive watched nearly every game or least caught most of them except the late ones although lve watched the first half at least of most of them, enjoying it as well, juat as well as its only on every 4yrs.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 12:46 - Jun 20 with 830 viewsJethroJack

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 12:03 - Jun 20 by ymaohyd

One of the many (predictable) themes that's being re-gurgitated for the umpteenth time by the media....

Why are English players so mediocre with England & yet so impressive with their clubs?

Might it be something to do with having numerous even more impressive non-English team mates at club level, I wonder?

That...and a mix of poor coaching & poor player selection.
How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 22:43 - Jun 20 with 750 viewsborinifanclub

Thank goodness it is over....now we can enjoy the football !

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 04:17 - Jun 21 with 674 viewsPhil_S

How much are you enjoying England's World Cup campaign on 23:32 - Jun 19 by cockett_jack

Replied to your PM
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024