Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? 16:18 - Dec 5 with 3750 viewsmichumagic9

When all fit who's the better centre back. At the moment I think Kyle Bartley is the best on form and is fitting in perfectly, playing a role, providing height and strength and creating a nice partnership and combination with ash.
Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 16:20 - Dec 5 with 2466 viewsjacabertawe

Bartley for WH a definite. A more urgent question is as to who will replace Taylor?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 16:21 - Dec 5 with 2466 viewsdgt73

If it ain't broken don't fix it. Got to be Bartley, because he hasn't put a foot wrong since he came into the side.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2014 16:21]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 16:29 - Dec 5 with 2428 viewsMrSwan

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 16:21 - Dec 5 by dgt73

If it ain't broken don't fix it. Got to be Bartley, because he hasn't put a foot wrong since he came into the side.

apart from slapping Aguero to the ground. Not an easy thing to do is sit Aguero down so that was god.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 16:40 - Dec 5 with 2402 viewslonglostjack

Bartley definitely, we need the height.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 16:49 - Dec 5 with 2379 viewsorion3016

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 16:21 - Dec 5 by dgt73

This

When we are cruising 3-0 give Fernandez some game time and rest Ash

Be over there now after

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 17:08 - Dec 5 with 2335 viewsJokeren1943

A nice problem. Three great CBs.
Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 17:30 - Dec 5 with 2284 viewsJBT95

Has to be Bartley.
Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 17:35 - Dec 5 with 2269 viewsEdmundo

Bartley first choice now, Federico next then Amat.

Hopefully we can keep three with us.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Login to get fewer ads

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 17:39 - Dec 5 with 2254 viewsdailew

Bartley. He's bided his time well and deserves his run in the side.

Really looking forward to the Carroll v Bartley battle. Carroll has bossed our defence in the past.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 17:44 - Dec 5 with 2240 viewspencoedjack

As the question who is the best the correct answer has got to be an Argentina international.

For Sunday's game I would stick with Bartley
Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 17:54 - Dec 5 with 2219 viewsFlashberryjack

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 17:35 - Dec 5 by Edmundo

Bartley first choice now, Federico next then Amat.

Hopefully we can keep three with us.

Agree with all of this.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 18:20 - Dec 5 with 2165 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 17:54 - Dec 5 by Flashberryjack

Agree with all of this.

Very very harsh on Amat who was arguably our best defender in the early part of the season before his injury

But I think your correct

There can't be many sides in the league/world who have the depth at centre half that we do

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 18:48 - Dec 5 with 2121 viewsGeoffThom

Fair play they've all been outstanding so far and they've all taken their chance ,so it's the old chestnut of whoever is fit in the chair plays until injury or bad form then the next incumbent has to be removed the same way and so on ,healthy completion is great for the club as long as no toys out the pram scenarios start
Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 18:49 - Dec 5 with 2117 viewsFlashberryjack

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 18:20 - Dec 5 by PatchesOHoulihan

Very very harsh on Amat who was arguably our best defender in the early part of the season before his injury

But I think your correct

There can't be many sides in the league/world who have the depth at centre half that we do

I wouldn't call it harsh on Amat, more like bad luck with the timing of of his injury, not that there is a good time to get injured.
If Bartley was dropped in favour of Amat, now that's what I would call harsh.

Having 4 class center backs is fantastic, but it's going to give Monk a few headaches when all 4 are fully fit.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 18:54 - Dec 5 with 2103 viewsLeonisGod

For me, they're all good. But Fed is top of those 3. He's a quality player who will only get better for us the more he plays. Bartley has been great though in this spell. It's a nice position to be in.
Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 19:41 - Dec 5 with 2028 viewsAnotherJohn

It is rumoured that Federico can also play wide left. If true, that might be worth experimenting with at some point.
Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 21:44 - Dec 5 with 1907 viewsmax936

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 19:41 - Dec 5 by AnotherJohn

It is rumoured that Federico can also play wide left. If true, that might be worth experimenting with at some point.

He's a talented footballer who can play, Im sure he could play anywhere across the back 4 possibly even in front of it, probably better than the other 3 including Ash, in my humble opinion.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 22:38 - Dec 5 with 1847 viewsjack_lord

My pennies' worth - previously, Bartley has been average apart from a couple of performance but has been a lot better since he was given his latest chance. He has still been suspect and was lucky after his spat with Aguero.
Amat has further matured again this season and you can see exactly why he has had international with Spain and Catalonia. I think he will develop into a player of the skill and stature of Fernandez and that has to be the right answer.
Federico is an awesome skillful and intelligent defender.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 22:50 - Dec 5 with 1824 viewsHuw57

Fede Fernandez for me.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 23:00 - Dec 5 with 1797 viewsNeathJack

Fernandez is a class above the other three, including Ash.

I wouldn't be surprised to see either Amat or Bartley loaned out in January to a Prem/foreign side.

Bartley hold the shirt now though and deservedly so given his performances since slotting in.
Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 01:37 - Dec 6 with 1710 viewsmichumagic9

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 23:00 - Dec 5 by NeathJack

Fernandez is a class above the other three, including Ash.

I wouldn't be surprised to see either Amat or Bartley loaned out in January to a Prem/foreign side.

Bartley hold the shirt now though and deservedly so given his performances since slotting in.

If Batley continues to keep his place and himself and Fernandez are preferred to Amat, Amat might just leave next season since we are getting rid of our spanians.

But let's not think that far ahead and enjoy the depth in our centre half position with four great centre backs.
Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 04:40 - Dec 6 with 1642 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This is really the revelation to me in this thread.

Absolutely he needs to do it if he can, on much more than an experimental basis, and on both sides if possible.

We clearly have a surplus of talent in the middle of the defensive center, and are much more thin on the outside.

Picture FF, with Ash, KB/JA, and Rangel/Taylor; any combination of those 4 on the field at the same time. We go from having a good defence to having a really great one!

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 09:21 - Dec 6 with 1561 viewssomersetsimon

Might be worth trying in a cup game if this is true. Could be good cover for LB. Has Amat ever played as full back? It's asking a lot for a player to understand the positioning of both centre back and full back to a decent level.

Have there been any really good examples of players who were equally good in both positions?
Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 09:41 - Dec 6 with 1545 viewschand8

Play Bartley
Bartley, Fedrico, or Amat? on 09:45 - Dec 6 with 1537 viewsScoobyWho

Bartley yes.
More pressing next month is the replacements / back up for Taylor and Rangel.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2014 9:45]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024