Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? 17:35 - Dec 10 with 18697 views_

Should Trust Board Directors have personal financial gain from the club?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 10 Dec 2014 19:07]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:34 - Feb 19 with 1323 viewsThe_E20

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:28 - Feb 19 by jasper_T

I think the situation as a whole made his position as a representative for trust members entirely untenable. There was both deception(s plural) and a failure to fulfil his duties (whether he "knew he was fighting a war" or not).

But yes, he is to blame for accepting payments for his services from the club and continuing to represent another party on the board. And the Trust board were definitely wrong to lie about it, and to say "oh we knew about it but he's a nice bloke so I'm sure it won't influence things, conflicts of interest are fine if we're all mates". It let down its members badly.

Only as untenable as those within the Trust that openly lied about it and covered it up. Yet they came to the conclusion their positions were not and should not be affected, so I would like to know if Huw was noble enough to make a different decision to the others involved or was he made out to be a scapegoat.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:57 - Feb 19 with 1250 viewsUxbridge

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:03 - Feb 19 by MoscowJack

I don't think HC wanted to resign, but was put in a position where he had to, instead of being backed by the Trust (as he could have been). I won't read the public statement, as I can guess what it said, but HC was dumped on by two of the 'bodies' that I believe he genuinely loved.

Re. your second paragraph - I don't get it. I have re-read it. Who's "them"? I honestly don't understand what you're suggesting. Are you suggesting that I leaked something or started a rumour? All I'm doing is giving my 100% honest opinion about how I believe HC was treated. I'm not slamming the current Trust people (as it's changed so much) and I think that it's also important not to be fearful of bringing up past mistakes.

Or maybe I've read it totally wrong, in which case I'm REALLY fkin confused :)

So, you're not going to read the statement which outlined who was taking responsibility etc? Well, that says it all.

Nobody forced anyone to resign. Nobody on the Trust Board at that time would ever have done so in the way you are suggesting. You're clearly forgetting how toxic the debate was at that time, particularly online. I've just read some of the conversations that were going on at that time, and your theory (from the outside) just doesn't bear any resemblance to my experience (on the inside of it at that time).

I thought the second para was clear, but if not I shall clarify. The last person I heard touting that line was your mate. He was wrong too.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 17:28 - Feb 19 with 1145 viewsMoscowJack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 14:57 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

So, you're not going to read the statement which outlined who was taking responsibility etc? Well, that says it all.

Nobody forced anyone to resign. Nobody on the Trust Board at that time would ever have done so in the way you are suggesting. You're clearly forgetting how toxic the debate was at that time, particularly online. I've just read some of the conversations that were going on at that time, and your theory (from the outside) just doesn't bear any resemblance to my experience (on the inside of it at that time).

I thought the second para was clear, but if not I shall clarify. The last person I heard touting that line was your mate. He was wrong too.

Jesus, you're in a huff today. No need to be so bitchy.

I think you've either been watching too many conspiracy movies or you need to start taking the tablets again because I think you're pointing in the wrong direction and at the wrong person.

HC was getting paid. The Trust covered that up and even denied it, if I'm not mistaken. It comes out and HC gets the boot. OK, maybe he offered to resign but I think the Trust should have backed him instead of letting him conveniently 'take one for the team'.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:06 - Feb 19 with 1104 viewsUxbridge

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 17:28 - Feb 19 by MoscowJack

Jesus, you're in a huff today. No need to be so bitchy.

I think you've either been watching too many conspiracy movies or you need to start taking the tablets again because I think you're pointing in the wrong direction and at the wrong person.

HC was getting paid. The Trust covered that up and even denied it, if I'm not mistaken. It comes out and HC gets the boot. OK, maybe he offered to resign but I think the Trust should have backed him instead of letting him conveniently 'take one for the team'.

Not at all Nick. Just disagreeing with you, based on my knowledge at that time and the people involved.

I think I'm on solid ground, and I even checked back to confirm. Probably should end it there?

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:45 - Feb 19 with 1067 viewsswancity

When / If all of this gets into a Court a lot of people are going to be in invidious positions in terms of their loyalty to friends and the need to tell the truth in Court....

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:24 - Feb 19 with 1017 views34dfgdf54

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 13:17 - Feb 19 by The_E20

Of course he didn’t want to resign.

I would like to ask Ux if his resignation was his own free choice or was he pressured into it by Trust board view. The latter, while not really fronting up to what the Trust did suggests he absolutely was thrown under the bus.

I was under the impression HC walked when it all kicked off.

Did he walk, or was he pushed?
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:29 - Feb 19 with 1005 viewsMoscowJack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 18:06 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Not at all Nick. Just disagreeing with you, based on my knowledge at that time and the people involved.

I think I'm on solid ground, and I even checked back to confirm. Probably should end it there?

"Even checked back to confirm" - what the fcuk are you trying to say? That two people in Swansea think HC was unfairly treated? I think you'll find that there's a hell of a lot more than that.

As often happens, if someone disagrees with your opinion, you end up handing out cheap and snidey comments. I've seen it before when you're chatting to a tvvat, but didn't know that you'd put me in that category. Oh well....live and learn.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:34 - Feb 19 with 993 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:29 - Feb 19 by MoscowJack

"Even checked back to confirm" - what the fcuk are you trying to say? That two people in Swansea think HC was unfairly treated? I think you'll find that there's a hell of a lot more than that.

As often happens, if someone disagrees with your opinion, you end up handing out cheap and snidey comments. I've seen it before when you're chatting to a tvvat, but didn't know that you'd put me in that category. Oh well....live and learn.

Have you asked Huw if he feels he jumped or was pushed? For the avoidance of doubt as you know I wasn’t involved with the trust back then, was as vocal as anyone on here about the mess it had got itself into and I’ve never met Huw Cooze. I just think that before you start casting aspersions and stating theories as facts you might want to ask the man himself what he thinks. I doubt he’d be difficult to get hold of.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 19:42]

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:42 - Feb 19 with 972 viewslondonlisa2001

It’s quite interesting that there’s been more discussion from some posters about the resignation of a Trust Director almost 3 years ago than the resignation of the chairman of the club 3 weeks ago. And words being bandied about such as ‘deception’ when the sale of the club hasn’t been similarly described.

It’s almost as if discrediting the Trust, constantly discrediting the Trust, was of interest to some parties. Surely not.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:17 - Feb 19 with 880 views34dfgdf54

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:42 - Feb 19 by londonlisa2001

It’s quite interesting that there’s been more discussion from some posters about the resignation of a Trust Director almost 3 years ago than the resignation of the chairman of the club 3 weeks ago. And words being bandied about such as ‘deception’ when the sale of the club hasn’t been similarly described.

It’s almost as if discrediting the Trust, constantly discrediting the Trust, was of interest to some parties. Surely not.

In fairness Lisa all MJ has done is reply to a thread that has reappeared this week.

It would be nice to get know what the hell is going on if I’m being honest and it’s a valid question MJ is asking.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:20 - Feb 19 with 873 viewslondonlisa2001

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:17 - Feb 19 by 34dfgdf54

In fairness Lisa all MJ has done is reply to a thread that has reappeared this week.

It would be nice to get know what the hell is going on if I’m being honest and it’s a valid question MJ is asking.

I wasn’t referring to Nick, Risca.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:28 - Feb 19 with 852 viewsGaryjack

Ok, i have to call this as i see it. I have just exchanged messages with Huw Cooze as we do from time to time, and he has categorically stated that he resigned voluntarily from the trust. Make of that what you will. I will add that some people are talking about a real person on here over something that has been done to death over and over again. The man would like some peace, please respect that.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 20:29]
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:32 - Feb 19 with 832 viewsDarran

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:28 - Feb 19 by Garyjack

Ok, i have to call this as i see it. I have just exchanged messages with Huw Cooze as we do from time to time, and he has categorically stated that he resigned voluntarily from the trust. Make of that what you will. I will add that some people are talking about a real person on here over something that has been done to death over and over again. The man would like some peace, please respect that.

I speak to Huw at most home games. He’s my friend and a lovely man. If any fuçker on here wants to badmouth him they’ll have to fight me first.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:37 - Feb 19 with 814 viewsjasper_T

I'm sure the word deception was used when discussing the way the club was sold at some point.

It's a very suitable word for both what's been going on between shareholders past and present, and the trust and its members during the Coozegate scandal.

But I don't think it's really the vocabulary Lisa's objecting to. Again.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 20:38]
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:48 - Feb 19 with 784 viewslondonlisa2001

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:37 - Feb 19 by jasper_T

I'm sure the word deception was used when discussing the way the club was sold at some point.

It's a very suitable word for both what's been going on between shareholders past and present, and the trust and its members during the Coozegate scandal.

But I don't think it's really the vocabulary Lisa's objecting to. Again.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 20:38]

Really? What is it that you think I’m objecting to then?

For someone with zero interest in the Trust (they’re no different to any other minority shareholder after all), I’m surprised you care one way or another.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:50 - Feb 19 with 773 viewsMoscowJack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:20 - Feb 19 by londonlisa2001

Thanks....because I am actually one of the growing numbers who thinks that the Trust are more essential now than they've been for years. Just 4 years ago we thought that the Trust being needed if the sh!t hits the fan was a million miles from where we were but I am quite worried where we will be in the next 4 years. I'm very very far from being anti-Trust.

I also don't think that the old Board should return to 'save the day', just in case anyone who's been force-fed too many grumpy pills at tea time thinks otherwise.

Ps. in case anyone wants a dig at me: I travel a lot (especially as I'm not based in Moscow at the moment) so don't get the chance to log-in or contribute that often, but I'm sure that it coincides with some sort of crisis going on at the club when I do - and that's just what it is....a coincidence.

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:56 - Feb 19 with 743 viewsexiledclaseboy

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:28 - Feb 19 by Garyjack

That really should be the end of it. What happened then is entirely irrelevant to what’s happening now and it’s being deliberately raked up as a sideshow, a distraction and for the other reason Lisa has outlined. It’s completely transparent from those who are posting it and those who are pulling the strings of others while watching from the sidelines.

Poll: Tory leader

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 21:07 - Feb 19 with 698 viewsUxbridge

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:29 - Feb 19 by MoscowJack

I was trying to be diplomatic.

Read Gary's post. That is exactly what I was saying. I'm afraid I think you are simply wrong on this.

I won't comment on the rest. Last time I called anyone a bit hypocritical, Scouse unfriended me in Facebook. Snidey comment indeed. Let's move on eh.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 21:11]

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 00:04 - Feb 20 with 543 viewschad

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:42 - Feb 19 by londonlisa2001

Frankly Lisa I think the Trust Board is discrediting itself if it is considered at all professional to allow the Vice Chair to repeatedly insult the members he is elected to represent and to tell outright and demonstrable lies about same.

It is certainly bringing back memories of some of the unacceptable behaviours around the last vote. I had hoped we had moved on from then.

And I think I have certainly made my feelings known about the behaviour of the sellouts and the new majority owners, the latter who I quite clearly spelt it out to face to face in that recorded meeting almost 2 years ago.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 00:28 - Feb 20 with 529 viewsThe_E20

Well I know for a fact that is a lie. Of course Cooze made the desicion, nobody can resign on your behalf - but to say it was his own free will is again being quite deceptive and selective with the truth.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 00:29 - Feb 20 with 527 viewsThe_E20

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 20:20 - Feb 19 by londonlisa2001

Who were you referring to out of interest?
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 00:32 - Feb 20 with 524 viewsThe_E20

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 19:24 - Feb 19 by 34dfgdf54

I was under the impression HC walked when it all kicked off.

Did he walk, or was he pushed?

Oh he walked, but it was not his free choice. It was made clear by those within the Trust that he had to.

His resignation was then used as a focal point to focus the attention on and those that lied about it and covered it up got away with it.
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 00:35 - Feb 20 with 518 viewsThe_E20

This thread is 3-4 years old and about the Trust and how deceptive they have been to the fans and their own membership.

The sale was deceptive too, it was horrendously managed, don’t think anyone has claimed otherwise. But previous shareholders being deceptive toward the Trust isn’t an excuse for the Trust to be able to be deceptive to the fans and members.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 0:41]
Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 00:39 - Feb 20 with 513 viewsDJack

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 00:32 - Feb 20 by The_E20

Oh he walked, but it was not his free choice. It was made clear by those within the Trust that he had to.

His resignation was then used as a focal point to focus the attention on and those that lied about it and covered it up got away with it.

"It was made clear by those within the Trust that he had to. "

By those in the Trust or those outside baying for his blood?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 00:39 - Feb 20 with 512 viewsThe_E20

Should THE TRUSTS Board of Directors have personal financial gain from the club? on 00:39 - Feb 20 by DJack

"It was made clear by those within the Trust that he had to. "

By those in the Trust or those outside baying for his blood?

In the Trust.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024