Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts 08:04 - Jan 25 with 3053 viewsDDCH

As soon as the result was in the plastic fanboys (life long fans of top 4 but never been to a live game types) started texting me looking for a bite. Strangely I didn't feel too bad about bombing out. Sure I was annoyed with the performance but I still see this season as a rebuild.

We lost a lot of our squad over the summer, and it's GM's first full season. We have just lost Bony, Ki is away and of course the mass squad changes. It has been easy to get carried away as we have surpassed expectations in the first half of the season when we should have been trying to gel.

JJS - I was so pleased to see him back yesterday as I love his individual moments of brilliance and his ability to pinpoint pass to a player half a field away......but the bloke is nuts. I would have assumed he would have been an angel yesterday coming off a 4 game ban, but first challenge and he was looking for afters and squaring up. You could see the tirade coming out of his mouth as the ref went over, and it was clear......he has not learned a thing and is still a liability.

[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 8:37]

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 08:36 - Jan 25 with 2983 viewsjackal

Spot on about JJS. When I saw him kicking off I put my head in my hands and thought when is he going to grow up and learn his lesson?
He's costing us.
Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 08:37 - Jan 25 with 2980 viewsWhiterockin

Shelvey has to go. My only concern is losing to many in this window.
Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 09:34 - Jan 25 with 2860 viewsDDCH

If he could just lose his urge to kill, lots of his problems would disappear

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 09:41 - Jan 25 with 2836 viewsPegojack

The guy has great footballing ability, but he's deficient in too many other areas including self discipline, which I assume is why Liverpool finally had enough and decided to ditch him. I think we should move him on before his stock drops drastically, but that won't happen, and he'll continue to cost us until we too have had enough. Tragic.
Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 09:46 - Jan 25 with 2809 viewsmarchamjack

Agree with he above, unfortunately. Mrs MJ and myself concluded (more like reaffirmed as we've said this before) that we just cannot rely absolutely on JJ as he will let us down again at any time and on more than one ocassion. It's so frustrating as there is clearly lots of ability there, look at a couple of his long driven passes yesterday, but the man cannot control himself and everyone can see that he just that one move away from either blowing up or doing something stupid, which will cost us.

Garry must be tearing hi har out with the guy.

Long and short, we need to look elsewhere and line someone else up to replace him as we just cannot plan to rely on him long term. Shame to say this but true.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 09:56 - Jan 25 with 2738 viewsParlay

We need a whole squad shake up. Bad buys and ageing players have made our squad look incredibly weak.

We need to build a team around Ki and Gylfi. I would add Montero to that but I think he will get found out relatively easily after the league gets to see him for a full season.

The problem being though, we fell over ourselves to give Bony away so cheaply we don't have all that much to rebuild with.

To put the Bony deal into perspective. Valencia just rejected a bid for Nicolas Otamendi (center back of similar age to Bony) of £26.7m.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 09:58 - Jan 25 with 2729 viewsjackportis

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 09:46 - Jan 25 by marchamjack

Agree with he above, unfortunately. Mrs MJ and myself concluded (more like reaffirmed as we've said this before) that we just cannot rely absolutely on JJ as he will let us down again at any time and on more than one ocassion. It's so frustrating as there is clearly lots of ability there, look at a couple of his long driven passes yesterday, but the man cannot control himself and everyone can see that he just that one move away from either blowing up or doing something stupid, which will cost us.

Garry must be tearing hi har out with the guy.

Long and short, we need to look elsewhere and line someone else up to replace him as we just cannot plan to rely on him long term. Shame to say this but true.

He suffers from mild autism. Not sure how he can manage himself. Team mates near should protect him.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 10:10 - Jan 25 with 2689 viewsPegojack

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 09:58 - Jan 25 by jackportis

He suffers from mild autism. Not sure how he can manage himself. Team mates near should protect him.

Genuine question, on what do you base that statement?
Login to get fewer ads

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 10:14 - Jan 25 with 2677 viewsdobjack2

Shelvey's indiscipline is a concern but I would have thought that there were bigger ones.

Such as our strike force and a defensive midfielder
Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 10:27 - Jan 25 with 2644 viewsjacksinceever

FAO OP
Sorry but what are we rebuilding from?
We are not Man U who after 25 years of success are rebuilding.
We have won one cup, held our own quite well in the Premier League, but now need to look at poor performances like Chelsea & Blackburn, and address them ASAP
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 10:31]
Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 10:30 - Jan 25 with 2628 viewsDDCH

We are rebuilding from massive changes in our team

Vorm, Davies, JDGZ, Hernandez, Michu, Bony......change of personal and systems require time to settle in

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 10:33 - Jan 25 with 2618 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

JJS is the least of concern on our performances on the pitch this season .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 11:23 - Jan 25 with 2530 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 09:56 - Jan 25 by Parlay

We need a whole squad shake up. Bad buys and ageing players have made our squad look incredibly weak.

We need to build a team around Ki and Gylfi. I would add Montero to that but I think he will get found out relatively easily after the league gets to see him for a full season.

The problem being though, we fell over ourselves to give Bony away so cheaply we don't have all that much to rebuild with.

To put the Bony deal into perspective. Valencia just rejected a bid for Nicolas Otamendi (center back of similar age to Bony) of £26.7m.

Is it true that Jonjo went on holiday during his Ban, if so shouldn't he have been doing intensive training instead as he still doesn't appear to be fully fit?
How would the club allow that to happen?
Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 11:46 - Jan 25 with 2464 viewsNeiltheTaylor

He seems to have Tourette's as well

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 12:00 - Jan 25 with 2439 viewsskippyjack

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 09:58 - Jan 25 by jackportis

So what?.. you need locking up.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 13:13 - Jan 25 with 2357 viewsJBT95

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 10:30 - Jan 25 by DDCH

We are rebuilding from massive changes in our team

Vorm, Davies, JDGZ, Hernandez, Michu, Bony......change of personal and systems require time to settle in

Sorry I don't agree either.

Vorm has been replaced with a better keeper. A keeper doesn't need half as long as an outfield player to bed in.

Davies was a replacement for Taylor whilst he was injured in effect since he has been sold since.

JDG has more than been replaced by Siggy and the return of Ki.

Hernandez was hit and miss, but I more than believe Montero has stepped into his boots and made them a size 9 from a size 3.

Michu hasn't played for us in over a year.

Bony has only just gone and I think that is only player you have a valid argument for.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 13:13]
Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 13:19 - Jan 25 with 2345 viewsPozuelosSideys

Shelvey was one of the few yesterday who came out of that with any sort of credit imo

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 13:21 - Jan 25 with 2331 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 13:19 - Jan 25 by PozuelosSideys

Shelvey was one of the few yesterday who came out of that with any sort of credit imo

Indeed he did

His card is marked by the anti JJS brigade

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 13:31 - Jan 25 with 2307 viewsPrivate_Partz

Biggest concern,Shelvey...and thoughts on 13:13 - Jan 25 by JBT95

Sorry I don't agree either.

Vorm has been replaced with a better keeper. A keeper doesn't need half as long as an outfield player to bed in.

Davies was a replacement for Taylor whilst he was injured in effect since he has been sold since.

JDG has more than been replaced by Siggy and the return of Ki.

Hernandez was hit and miss, but I more than believe Montero has stepped into his boots and made them a size 9 from a size 3.

Michu hasn't played for us in over a year.

Bony has only just gone and I think that is only player you have a valid argument for.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 13:13]

I don't agree about JDG and Hernandez as I think they would be valuable members of our squad. I could add Chico, Canas and Poz to that.
I am pretty certain however that both Manager and Chairman do not think we are in a rebuilding situation and our postion in the league, and the fact we are well clear of the bottom 3, would suggest we don't need a massive change in the squad.
I have my concerns about Gary as manager and I worry that our passing game seems to be going off the boil but it is far too early to be talking about rebuilding a team and turning on individual players. We have new signings coming in and we have had top players missing so I suggest we see what transpires first. It is disappointing that Europe would seem to have passed us by for another season but the situation is by no means getting desperate yet.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024