Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV Deals to be announced today 10:37 - Feb 10 with 8999 viewsKennedy

Most are saying an increase of around 30-45% on the current deal of £3bn. To make it around £4-£4.5bn which is crazy.

This does not include the overseas deals

Just call me JFK

TV Deals to be announced today on 10:38 - Feb 10 with 3995 viewsairedale

How much will that mean for clubs? Like how much telly wonga do we get at present?
TV Deals to be announced today on 10:48 - Feb 10 with 3965 viewsMillie

TV Deals to be announced today on 10:38 - Feb 10 by airedale

How much will that mean for clubs? Like how much telly wonga do we get at present?

£75m, I would expect another £25m on top, £100m without other commercial and ticket revenue. Agents are circulating as I type, Jenkins is changing his office to include a revolving door
TV Deals to be announced today on 10:53 - Feb 10 with 3947 viewsClinton

TV Deals to be announced today on 10:48 - Feb 10 by Millie

£75m, I would expect another £25m on top, £100m without other commercial and ticket revenue. Agents are circulating as I type, Jenkins is changing his office to include a revolving door

Investors licking lips and rubbing hands at the thought of getting their hands on that income stream
Help!

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

TV Deals to be announced today on 11:13 - Feb 10 with 3904 viewslibertine

so how do they apportion the money??

eg

do Burnley get the same as chelski?

I doubt it

So therefore its in the interest of the club to become as popular as possible, Wales PL club should invest in better players, we are in a unique place being welsh.

If we fielded our current team without any changes we'd definitely be in a relegation battle
TV Deals to be announced today on 11:17 - Feb 10 with 3897 viewsDr_Winston

TV Deals to be announced today on 11:13 - Feb 10 by libertine

eg

I doubt it

So therefore its in the interest of the club to become as popular as possible, Wales PL club should invest in better players, we are in a unique place being welsh.

If we fielded our current team without any changes we'd definitely be in a relegation battle

50% even split. 25% based on league finish. 25% based on number of times shown. The latter two obviously favour the bigger clubs.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

TV Deals to be announced today on 11:22 - Feb 10 with 3882 viewsLeonisGod

TV Deals to be announced today on 11:17 - Feb 10 by Dr_Winston

50% even split. 25% based on league finish. 25% based on number of times shown. The latter two obviously favour the bigger clubs.

Or in other words, the

Players get sh*t loads
Agents get sh*t loads
Clubs get a little bit
Fans get a £15 reduction off a few away fixtures each year
TV Deals to be announced today on 11:31 - Feb 10 with 3863 viewstomdickharry

TV Deals to be announced today on 11:22 - Feb 10 by LeonisGod

Or in other words, the

Players get sh*t loads
Agents get sh*t loads
Clubs get a little bit
Fans get a £15 reduction off a few away fixtures each year

And shareholders a dividend.
TV Deals to be announced today on 11:38 - Feb 10 with 3845 viewsMillie

TV Deals to be announced today on 11:31 - Feb 10 by tomdickharry

And shareholders a dividend.

Every time Dick, I was told there was a gentle mans agreement that was agreed in 2001 that if we got to the PL a dividend would be paid, no one ever thought it would happen
Login to get fewer ads

TV Deals to be announced today on 12:11 - Feb 10 with 3767 viewsmonmouth

I thought the rumour was that as there is no new entrant bidders that the increase would be modest. Maybe 30% is modest in this particular asylum!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

TV Deals to be announced today on 13:29 - Feb 10 with 3608 viewsKennedy

No one knows of new bidders as its all sealed.

So sky could offer £900m for the primetime Sunday 4pm slot and BT offer £400m then Sky pay the £900m.

Sky lost the lunchtime last night but got the Saturday night instead so actually build a whole show around that, the same as with Monday night footy.

Cannot see any new bidders but BT will want to make sure they get at least 1 or 2 out of the 6. As spent loads on the CL rights for next few years

Just call me JFK

TV Deals to be announced today on 13:56 - Feb 10 with 3546 viewsMoscowJack

Aren't Discovery supposed to be bidding too? Via their interest in Eurosport.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

TV Deals to be announced today on 14:03 - Feb 10 with 3529 viewsairedale

TV Deals to be announced today on 10:48 - Feb 10 by Millie

Bloody hell! So the secret will be to keep our outgoings at a similar level and we can buy the stadium etc.
TV Deals to be announced today on 14:08 - Feb 10 with 3519 viewsmonmouth

TV Deals to be announced today on 13:29 - Feb 10 by Kennedy

No one knows of new bidders as its all sealed.

So sky could offer £900m for the primetime Sunday 4pm slot and BT offer £400m then Sky pay the £900m.

Sky lost the lunchtime last night but got the Saturday night instead so actually build a whole show around that, the same as with Monday night footy.

Cannot see any new bidders but BT will want to make sure they get at least 1 or 2 out of the 6. As spent loads on the CL rights for next few years

Ah, right ta. I was just parrotting something I half heard on radio 4 the other day about it.

TV Deals to be announced today on 17:07 - Feb 10 with 3369 viewsmonmouth

TV Deals to be announced today on 14:08 - Feb 10 by monmouth

Ah, right ta. I was just parrotting something I half heard on radio 4 the other day about it.

Holy Toley. £5.1 Bn. Mental.

TV Deals to be announced today on 17:19 - Feb 10 with 3324 viewsTom1912

£100m estimated prize money for the team that finishes bottom. That was our revenue last year.

If we're still there come 2016/17, we'll have top players on base wages of £100k+ from 2016/17. Crazy.

The gap between the PL and Championship will continue to widen though. Which really, for a club like ours in its' current position, is a good thing I suppose.
TV Deals to be announced today on 17:20 - Feb 10 with 3320 viewsjohnlangy

TV Deals to be announced today on 11:13 - Feb 10 by libertine

eg

I doubt it

The current deal is £60 m guaranteed for each Club then an extra £1 m approx for each place up the league.
TV Deals to be announced today on 17:23 - Feb 10 with 3312 viewsAJ101

TV Deals to be announced today on 17:07 - Feb 10 by monmouth

Edited: Thought it was a 40% increase not 70% so yeah mucho money........
[Post edited 10 Feb 2015 17:29]
TV Deals to be announced today on 17:26 - Feb 10 with 3293 viewsDarran

TV Deals to be announced today on 17:07 - Feb 10 by monmouth

Coozey needs to put his prices up.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2015 17:26]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

TV Deals to be announced today on 17:33 - Feb 10 with 3241 viewsParlay

It doesn't really matter in the great scheme of things. As soon as more money comes into the game then a natural inflation happens to offset it.

It just means players will be more expensive and wages go up.

The more money coming in, the less value it has.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

TV Deals to be announced today on 17:40 - Feb 10 with 3210 viewsAJ101

TV Deals to be announced today on 17:33 - Feb 10 by Parlay

It doesn't really matter in the great scheme of things. As soon as more money comes into the game then a natural inflation happens to offset it.

That only really applies 100% if the same increases in money occur worldwide and more specifically where you purchase players from. If you're a club who generally only buys of other PL clubs then yes they will probably demand more money but if you buy from Europe and they don't see similar increases then the prices you pay shouldn't be much more and neither should the wages.

There was also an agreement between the PL clubs after the last TV deal that wages wouldn't increase and eat up the increase in TV money although that probably hasn't worked that well as any increase in commercial and match day revenue could be diverted 100% to salaries.

Wages will no doubt increase though especially for players signing new contracts which will probably mean more movement of players unfortunately.
TV Deals to be announced today on 17:41 - Feb 10 with 3206 viewsJackFish

TV Deals to be announced today on 17:33 - Feb 10 by Parlay

To an extent, yes, and it doesn't make us any richer compared to the other clubs in our league. It does however mean that we would be further ahead again of the Championship and better able to compete with bigger teams in other countries in terms of wages.
TV Deals to be announced today on 17:54 - Feb 10 with 3145 viewsmonmouth

Oh dear, looks like Cardiff picked the wrong year to give up failing at promotion. One year in 100 probably, and they f*cked it up. What a shame.

Essential to stay up next season now. Expect even more championship clubs to throw the kitchen sink at it next season.

TV Deals to be announced today on 17:55 - Feb 10 with 3140 viewsSwanzay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31379128
TV Deals to be announced today on 17:59 - Feb 10 with 3119 viewsJackfath

TV Deals to be announced today on 17:54 - Feb 10 by monmouth

Oh dear, looks like Cardiff picked the wrong year to give up failing at promotion. One year in 100 probably, and they f*cked it up. What a shame.

Essential to stay up next season now. Expect even more championship clubs to throw the kitchen sink at it next season.

Is GM the man to keep us there?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

TV Deals to be announced today on 18:01 - Feb 10 with 3114 viewsBobJack

With this much tv money coming in, then the less Premiership teams rely on season ticket sales /merchandise.

I am all for stadium expansion, but when a new owner comes in I could understand if they were not in a rush.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024