Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They stand among us! 00:06 - Mar 17 with 10108 viewsAmpadu

It's was so sad to see and hear so many Liverpool fans sitting/standing among us tonight. I know many Swans fans have supported "bigger" teams aswell as Swansea but to openly talk about it like the conversation I overheard...." I'd rather liverpool have the points because they are pushing for the top four" For me, this is disgusting behaviour. You know who you are...
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 0:20]

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

They stand among us! on 00:27 - Mar 17 with 6287 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tell a steward and get the c*nts kicked out and strip those season ticket holders of their tickets until the end of the season it it's been proved they gave their ST to these scouse plastics. Beyond disgusting IMHO

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

They stand among us! on 07:17 - Mar 17 with 6084 viewsjack247

Happens where we are in the West every time we play one of the massive clubs. People in the hospitality but near us openly celebrate because they don't go to football very often are too stupid to realise its not acceptable.

Get spoken to by stewards every time but never, ever get thrown out. I think the stewards are scared of offending people with little plastic lanyards.
They stand among us! on 07:24 - Mar 17 with 6062 viewsdgt73

No big deal. I will along with 10 other family members and friends be in the Villa end on Saturday.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

They stand among us! on 07:36 - Mar 17 with 6013 viewsSwaneeRiver

From when I first start going away, I would very often sit / stand with the home crowd. It would be great if we were like rugby and most other sports and could mix openly with opposing fans and enjoy the banter.
I have cousins who live on or near Merseyside, who support both Liverpool and Man City and they wouldn't hesitate getting me a ticket for the home section.
Likewise, I'd love to reciprocate if tickets were available.
Trouble is many football supporters seem to have the tribal mentality when it comes to other teams.
Personally, I love Swans and would not dream of following another club. However, there's no law insisting you have to follow your home town club
They stand among us! on 07:42 - Mar 17 with 5993 viewsNeath_Jack

Should have stuck the head on them.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

They stand among us! on 08:48 - Mar 17 with 5815 viewsSwanzay

Did my eyes deceive me last night or was there a youngster wearing a Swans top waving a large foam hand with 'Gerrard' written on it in the West stand when he went to warm up?
They stand among us! on 09:04 - Mar 17 with 5770 viewsTreforys_Jack

They stand among us! on 08:48 - Mar 17 by Swanzay

Did my eyes deceive me last night or was there a youngster wearing a Swans top waving a large foam hand with 'Gerrard' written on it in the West stand when he went to warm up?

Yes
They stand among us! on 09:18 - Mar 17 with 5718 viewsperchrockjack

There s no law but it shouldnt be natural as when you re a kid, you locals team should be your heroesnot a team famous for being once a great team.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

They stand among us! on 09:42 - Mar 17 with 5676 viewsBloodyhills

Yep, that's shit. Not proper Swans fans if they would rather Liverpool have the points.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

They stand among us! on 09:54 - Mar 17 with 5637 viewsjack247

They stand among us! on 07:36 - Mar 17 by SwaneeRiver

From when I first start going away, I would very often sit / stand with the home crowd. It would be great if we were like rugby and most other sports and could mix openly with opposing fans and enjoy the banter.
I have cousins who live on or near Merseyside, who support both Liverpool and Man City and they wouldn't hesitate getting me a ticket for the home section.
Trouble is many football supporters seem to have the tribal mentality when it comes to other teams.
Personally, I love Swans and would not dream of following another club. However, there's no law insisting you have to follow your home town club

I understand your point of view, but for me, this is all part of the slow sterilisation of football. The tribal nature is the reason football games have better atmospheres than rugby and as long as it is controlled (I.e. Violence, racism etc kept out) it should be encouraged not diluted. The pubs before and after or the walk to the game are the time to have banter with opposition fans, not while the match is on. I'd hate it to get to a point where people openly wear Liverpool and Man Utd tops in our home end.
They stand among us! on 11:52 - Mar 17 with 5522 viewsDewi1jack

They stand among us! on 09:54 - Mar 17 by jack247

I understand your point of view, but for me, this is all part of the slow sterilisation of football. The tribal nature is the reason football games have better atmospheres than rugby and as long as it is controlled (I.e. Violence, racism etc kept out) it should be encouraged not diluted. The pubs before and after or the walk to the game are the time to have banter with opposition fans, not while the match is on. I'd hate it to get to a point where people openly wear Liverpool and Man Utd tops in our home end.

"I'd hate it to get to a point where people openly wear Liverpool and Man Utd tops in our home end."

And that's why these 'half and half' scarves really p1ss me off.
Fine. Buy them as a souvenir for your home if you want, but don't wear them in the home end.
The only possible exception being young kids, who may not know better and taking them/ buying these scarves may be a way of educating them/ changing their allegiance to being our "die hard" fans of the future.
Personally, I wouldn't want to be stood next to a QPHaha or other mockney tw@. Although have spent many away games in the home end (away sold out) and it's bloody hard not to be jumping up celebrating/ shouting etc

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

They stand among us! on 12:15 - Mar 17 with 5472 viewsjack247

They stand among us! on 11:52 - Mar 17 by Dewi1jack

"I'd hate it to get to a point where people openly wear Liverpool and Man Utd tops in our home end."

And that's why these 'half and half' scarves really p1ss me off.
Fine. Buy them as a souvenir for your home if you want, but don't wear them in the home end.
The only possible exception being young kids, who may not know better and taking them/ buying these scarves may be a way of educating them/ changing their allegiance to being our "die hard" fans of the future.
Personally, I wouldn't want to be stood next to a QPHaha or other mockney tw@. Although have spent many away games in the home end (away sold out) and it's bloody hard not to be jumping up celebrating/ shouting etc

Can't disagree with that. Those scarves are another example of football being sterilised. They are for kids and plastics. I can't see why a Swans fan would need a souvenir from a league game. A cup final sure, even the Valencia ones I can understand.

Totally different to rugby, where fans watching the game together has always been part of the culture.
They stand among us! on 19:14 - Mar 17 with 5233 viewsOldjack

I blame the parents

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

They stand among us! on 20:21 - Mar 17 with 5101 viewsperchrockjack

What parents?

Impregnating some callow kid then expecting the state to keep for life isn't parenting

They stand among us! on 20:24 - Mar 17 with 5094 viewslibertine

its disgusting and really pizzes me off

but was that a case of the young blood being a fan of steven Gerard so therefore he may have been an England fan,

Are we all England fans when they are the only ones in the tournament come on admit it.
Football is much more exciting and would allow opposing fans to banter it would definitely end in violence, the game is much more passionate and stirs up all sorts of emotions does anyone kick the settee when they score a try no it only happens with football, my settee is battered
They stand among us! on 20:27 - Mar 17 with 5086 viewscackinthesackjack

This would never have happened at the Vetch.

Why the feck didn't someone crack these b@stards!

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

They stand among us! on 20:29 - Mar 17 with 5080 viewsperchrockjack

That said, I have been to a home game at Anfield (when we weren't playing) in a Swans top and had plenty of chummy type banter with no problems at all ,both in stadium and pubs..

They aint my team though and that's because the city of my birth is part of my soul whether I like it or not.
To choose a more successful club over your local doesn't sit well with me

They stand among us! on 20:29 - Mar 17 with 5082 viewsdgt73

They stand among us! on 20:27 - Mar 17 by cackinthesackjack

This would never have happened at the Vetch.

Why the feck didn't someone crack these b@stards!

Because you'd probably end up in jail for 12 months.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

They stand among us! on 21:11 - Mar 17 with 4994 viewslonglostjack

If you're going to watch a game in the home end as an away fan then you sit on your hands. That's how it is. Before and after the game though you can't beat a bit of banter and tbh if you prefer a ruck you need to get somebody to hold a lit candle to one of your ears, somebody else to blow through the other and see what happens.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

They stand among us! on 22:32 - Mar 17 with 4869 viewsJBT95

They stand among us! on 07:36 - Mar 17 by SwaneeRiver

No it wouldn't be any good if we could mix like the rugby.

Why would you want to sit/stand amongst supporters of the other team during a match? There's no logic, just like chasing an egg.
They stand among us! on 22:34 - Mar 17 with 4859 viewsJBT95

They stand among us! on 12:15 - Mar 17 by jack247

Can't disagree with that. Those scarves are another example of football being sterilised. They are for kids and plastics. I can't see why a Swans fan would need a souvenir from a league game. A cup final sure, even the Valencia ones I can understand.

Totally different to rugby, where fans watching the game together has always been part of the culture.

I have a Valencia one but only because it was free! Wear it a little too much, should invest in a full Swans one tbh.
They stand among us! on 22:35 - Mar 17 with 4856 viewsJBT95

They stand among us! on 20:24 - Mar 17 by libertine

its disgusting and really pizzes me off

but was that a case of the young blood being a fan of steven Gerard so therefore he may have been an England fan,

Are we all England fans when they are the only ones in the tournament come on admit it.
Football is much more exciting and would allow opposing fans to banter it would definitely end in violence, the game is much more passionate and stirs up all sorts of emotions does anyone kick the settee when they score a try no it only happens with football, my settee is battered

I am certainly not an Ingurland fan during tournaments.
They stand among us! on 08:22 - Mar 18 with 4692 viewsScoobyWho

They stand among us! on 08:48 - Mar 17 by Swanzay

You have to put up with these things in the world of glamour etc.
However, I haven't ever seen an away fan in the East, and the times it has been alleged I understand they were duly reprimanded.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

They stand among us! on 08:36 - Mar 18 with 4676 viewsSirjohnalot

Rugby being my first sport, I've never understood why fans can't mix. Who cares if bloke next to you is supporting the other side or a young Swansea supporter has a Gerrard foam hand ? It does nothing to detract from the atmosphere, in fact in enhances it.

I've been to many 6 Nations games and back in the 80s club rugby where everyone is mixed and it's great fun, good laugh and enjoy the game and, horror of horror, appreciate good a try from the other side.

Club rugby was very tribal and during the game, of course you want you team to win. I was in a pub in Nice on Saturday surrounded by Irish supporters screaming my head if for Wales. Was there any hint of trouble ? Was there arse. Everyone enjoyed the game and had a few bees after.

Irish boys were singing, I joined in.

Aggression on the pitch, not off it.

It's the future, like garlic bread.
They stand among us! on 08:47 - Mar 18 with 4657 viewsScoobyWho

They stand among us! on 08:36 - Mar 18 by Sirjohnalot

Rugby being my first sport, I've never understood why fans can't mix. Who cares if bloke next to you is supporting the other side or a young Swansea supporter has a Gerrard foam hand ? It does nothing to detract from the atmosphere, in fact in enhances it.

I've been to many 6 Nations games and back in the 80s club rugby where everyone is mixed and it's great fun, good laugh and enjoy the game and, horror of horror, appreciate good a try from the other side.

Club rugby was very tribal and during the game, of course you want you team to win. I was in a pub in Nice on Saturday surrounded by Irish supporters screaming my head if for Wales. Was there any hint of trouble ? Was there arse. Everyone enjoyed the game and had a few bees after.

Irish boys were singing, I joined in.

Aggression on the pitch, not off it.

It's the future, like garlic bread.

To compare rugby to football is completely wrong.

This comparison happens too often and with a degree of oneupmanship and a holier than tho' attitude in most cases.

Rugby is a minority sport and football is a worldwide game, I agree with your general behaviour code, but it doesn't happen in general, thats the issue, as much as it doesn't happen in most cases in football. Rugby has always had its code of ethics off the pitch, and for me that is about all it has ever had. For me football invokes a far more tribal passion, a deeper energy and soul. And for that reason rugby has no place in comparison to football as much as cycling doesn't to golf.

I suggest you pick another sport to compare your virtuous halo shrouded sport to, monkey tennis maybe ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024