Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfers 20:37 - Apr 28 with 5271 viewsBaglanswan1992

Now the summer is coming and the season nearly over who do you think we will sigh? We need a top quality striker who has experience of top flight leagues and a back up for taylor for sure.

But I want to see us bring more of the kids through due to their fantastic season with the under 21s. We need to start getting the younger kids challenging the senior pros. I think we will be better of in the long run and if we sell someone who has come through the under 21s bigger clubs will pay stupid money for someone who has only played for a season and a half(I.E Ben)

Thoughts?
Transfers on 21:49 - Apr 28 with 3452 viewsHuw57

Firstly, we definitely need a striker. A top striker. Secondly, we need someone like and Andre Ayew or a Bakary Sako, pretty much a winger that is a step up from the others and can fill in the hole, too. Thirdly, we need a LB to compete with Taylor, someone like Tabanou or Olsson.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Transfers on 22:17 - Apr 28 with 3405 viewsSwansNZ

We don’t want a backup to Taylor. We need someone who is at the same level at the very least, preferably an improvement on him. Not knocking Taylor as such, but we really should be buying a few quality players, we don’t need squad fillers — we have plenty already.

Striker, LB and Winger, possibly a GK -, but not the top priority — and a backup GK would be the one exception to my first point.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Transfers on 22:22 - Apr 28 with 3391 viewsGlyn1

I'm more worried about who we'll lose, particularly Jonjo and Ki.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Transfers on 22:52 - Apr 28 with 3331 viewsDaggyjack

Transfers on 22:22 - Apr 28 by Glyn1

Whilst I wouldn't want to lose Ki or Jonjo, the club always seems to progress and move on. For example, there was a time when we'd be saying the same about missing Leon or selling Vorm or Michu.

Anyway, assuming everyone stays, a new first choice left back, winger and centre forward are definite's with another central midfielder and reserve keeper added to the squad.

My choices would be:
Left back - Tabanou
Midfielder - Maxim
Winger - Ayew or Payet
Forward - Oulare
Keeper - Hennessy
Transfers on 23:10 - Apr 28 with 3302 viewsClinton

Too early for ths thread there'll be plenty of time for this sort of thing over the football-less days of summer.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Transfers on 23:14 - Apr 28 with 3293 viewsItchySphincter

RVP. 6M.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Transfers on 23:41 - Apr 28 with 3245 viewsDafyddHuw

Transfers on 21:49 - Apr 28 by Huw57

Firstly, we definitely need a striker. A top striker. Secondly, we need someone like and Andre Ayew or a Bakary Sako, pretty much a winger that is a step up from the others and can fill in the hole, too. Thirdly, we need a LB to compete with Taylor, someone like Tabanou or Olsson.

I agree with you, but we don't do the "two top strikers pushing each other for 1 spot" thang.
Transfers on 23:46 - Apr 28 with 3247 viewsBaglanswan1992

Transfers on 23:10 - Apr 28 by Clinton

Too early for ths thread there'll be plenty of time for this sort of thing over the football-less days of summer.

Good point. I will launch another thread after the final game against palace and then the real rumours will begin.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfers on 00:04 - Apr 29 with 3230 viewsTummer_from_Texas

We indeed need another striker and left back, but we need a right wing even more.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Transfers on 00:11 - Apr 29 with 3218 viewsScoobyWho

Ricky Lambert - you heard it here first

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Transfers on 06:47 - Apr 29 with 3119 viewsMattG

Transfers on 00:11 - Apr 29 by ScoobyWho

Ricky Lambert - you heard it here first

And last, hopefully.

Also, on the U21s, I think we need to be careful about taking their success this season with a pinch of salt. They haven't been playing in the U21 Premier League but in the U21 Professional Development League South and the only other PL teams in our division have been Palace and QPR. Hopefully this will change with all the work going on to achieve Cat 1 Academy status.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 6:53]
Transfers on 06:52 - Apr 29 with 3116 viewsDr_Winston

Most people seem generally agreed on the LB, winger & striker requirements, and I'm not going to argue. Certainly I don't see a pressing need to add more than three players, although replacing those departed is a possibility.

The LB needs to be good enough to take over from Taylor. The winger would ideally be capable of playing anywhere across the forward line, and the striker would ideally for me be able to provide a bit more strength.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfers on 07:24 - Apr 29 with 3074 viewsshandyjack

a fully fit Michu would be first on my hit list,
then Austin(if QPR go down)
another winger (Ayew or Maxim)
plus a LB (Olssen or izaguirre)

Poll: Expectation for the season

Transfers on 07:36 - Apr 29 with 3061 viewsbuilthjack

Bradford Jamieson. LA Galaxy winger. Looks a fantastic player, only 18. Get him before one of the big European clubs do.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Transfers on 08:15 - Apr 29 with 3020 viewsAngelRangelQS

Transfers on 07:36 - Apr 29 by builthjack

Bradford Jamieson. LA Galaxy winger. Looks a fantastic player, only 18. Get him before one of the big European clubs do.

Jamieson scored a lovely goal for LA Galaxy against the Red Bulls on Sunday
Transfers on 09:40 - Apr 29 with 2936 viewsDull1Thomas

Transfers on 22:22 - Apr 28 by Glyn1

Ki would be a huge loss, Jonjo no loss at all imo. The little we gain from Shelvey is massively outweighed by his overall play (Saturday, when he was under control was an exception).

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Transfers on 09:44 - Apr 29 with 2927 viewsSwan91

GK - Henessey
LB - Olsson
winger/st (the position routledge plays now) - Ayew

if we keep our players (in the first squad) then we don't really need more than that. and if michu comes back him and gylfi could challenge for the AM role. that would move emnes as 3rd choice striker (after gomis and ayew) and for me that would be a great overall first team squad.

also have barrow work his way into the team and we have plenty of options (including young players)

-----------------------------------Fabianski/Henessey
Naughton/Rangel-----fernandez/bartley-------williams/amat-------Taylor/Olssen

-------------------------Cork/britton-------Ki/Fulton----------------
-----------------------shelvey/Grimes--------------------
--------------------------------Gylfi/Michu----------------------
-------------------------------------------------Routledge/Ayew/Montero
-----------------------------Gomis/Ayew/Emnes

so pretty much 2 players to every position (I added ayew to routdlege position and st because he can do both)

we also have a few players left over - Dyer, Barrow, Jazz Richards, Sheperd (the young LB) and adam king (is also classed as first team on the swans website) and if for example we end up signing oliveira then we have emnes left over so it gives us quite a few extra options against injuries.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 9:47]
Transfers on 10:52 - Apr 29 with 2865 viewsshandyjack

Transfers on 09:40 - Apr 29 by Dull1Thomas

Ki would be a huge loss, Jonjo no loss at all imo. The little we gain from Shelvey is massively outweighed by his overall play (Saturday, when he was under control was an exception).

no loss at all!!!!!!!!!!!! you really are dull

Poll: Expectation for the season

Transfers on 10:55 - Apr 29 with 2863 viewsScoobyWho

Transfers on 06:47 - Apr 29 by MattG

And last, hopefully.

Also, on the U21s, I think we need to be careful about taking their success this season with a pinch of salt. They haven't been playing in the U21 Premier League but in the U21 Professional Development League South and the only other PL teams in our division have been Palace and QPR. Hopefully this will change with all the work going on to achieve Cat 1 Academy status.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 6:53]

Lambert would score goals.

Transfers on 11:02 - Apr 29 with 2859 viewsDull1Thomas

Transfers on 09:44 - Apr 29 by Swan91

GK - Henessey
LB - Olsson
winger/st (the position routledge plays now) - Ayew

if we keep our players (in the first squad) then we don't really need more than that. and if michu comes back him and gylfi could challenge for the AM role. that would move emnes as 3rd choice striker (after gomis and ayew) and for me that would be a great overall first team squad.

also have barrow work his way into the team and we have plenty of options (including young players)

-----------------------------------Fabianski/Henessey
Naughton/Rangel-----fernandez/bartley-------williams/amat-------Taylor/Olssen

-------------------------Cork/britton-------Ki/Fulton----------------
-----------------------shelvey/Grimes--------------------
--------------------------------Gylfi/Michu----------------------
-------------------------------------------------Routledge/Ayew/Montero
-----------------------------Gomis/Ayew/Emnes

so pretty much 2 players to every position (I added ayew to routdlege position and st because he can do both)

we also have a few players left over - Dyer, Barrow, Jazz Richards, Sheperd (the young LB) and adam king (is also classed as first team on the swans website) and if for example we end up signing oliveira then we have emnes left over so it gives us quite a few extra options against injuries.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 9:47]

Interesting
I can't see Hennessy coming in as back upTBH
Not sure Rangel (who I think is better than Naughton in an attacking sense) can manage another season especially if Naughton picks up injuries) so I'd add Jazz as a left back / utility defender
Something tells me Taylor will be off at the first sight of competition so if we were to bring in Olson weed still need another.
Britton is in a similar position as Rangel but this year's injury may be too much to come back from so a.n.other or even Jazz Richards. Jazz has always been a midfield player and his passing ability together with a bit of bite could be the answer (untried I know).
Then we come to the midfield. Where we invest really depends on how Monk wants to play. If we stick to the Stole light model we won't need additional wingers, if we use our 'surprise' tactic more often we will.
Essential for nest season is keeping Ki, Cork and Gylfi these are our reliable and often inspired players (I don't include Shelvey as I really don't see his value - not creative enough, slow in body & mind, poor passing, lacks discipline & concentration and, for me, five minutes of quality in a game isn't enough.) Again I'd be more inclined to keep Oliveira than Emnes although I see Marvin as an attacking midfield player more than striker (same for Michu).
Monk's reluctance to use Hanley and loan out so many players makes predictions difficult when it comes to our younger players. I also see a player like Justin Rhodes being more to Monk's liking than Ayew.
Therefore I'd be inclined towards four major signings (five if Taylor moves) -
Wide midfield / wing, Striker, Left back, Defensive midfield.
Plus two new squad players at wide midfield / wing and striker

In (positions rather than named players but I quite like the sound of these)
Tabanou (St Etienne), Raphael (Man U), Rhodes (Blackburn), & from way out left field - Gary Medel (Inter) utterly wasted at Cardiff, has had a good season in Italy and might fancy redeeming himself in the PL.
Support acts Redmond (Norwich - din't realise he's still only 20!) & Oliveira (Us)

-----------------------------------Fabianski/Tremmel
Raphael / Naughton -----fernandez/bartley-------williams/amat------ Tabanou/Taylor (Olssen/Hanley)

-------------------------Cork/ Britton (Jazz) -------
-----------------------Ki/Medel -------------------
--------------------------------Gylfi/Michu/ Grimes / Ki / Michu / Emnes / Jonjo----------------------
-------------------------------------------------Routledge/Montero/ Redmond/ Dyer
-----------------------------Gomis/Rhodes/Oliveira/ Michu

That would give us two realistic options in each position (which I believe we need to progress) plus options from within that groups to cover & squad players who wouldn't let us down when needed.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Transfers on 13:22 - Apr 29 with 2706 viewsLAKiM

A new LB is a must for me, was rather interested in those links to Fuchs as he's a proven international and Izaguirre has always looked good when I've watched him play for Celtic.

At striker I'd like to see the rest of the season pass so we can get a real sense of what Oliviera is about while also figuring out what's going on with Gomis.

Most important for me is retaining those we already have (Gylfi, Ki, Cork, Shelvey, etc.).
Transfers on 13:37 - Apr 29 with 2673 viewsFar_Post

In a perfect world this is what I would like to see us do in the transfer market this summer

IN

New sub keeper
Left back
Michu Back, Fit and Motivated
Winger
Striker

OUT

Tremmel
Jazz
Tiendalli
Dyer - Bit harsh on Nathan but it is unlikely we would carry 5 wingers with a new signing, Montero, Routledge and Barrow.
Oliveira - With Michu and a new striker coming in would he be willing to stay as a 3rd/4th choice?

Blog: The C Word

Transfers on 13:46 - Apr 29 with 2657 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Papers saying we're back in for Luc Castaignos.

Either way, we need to decide on Gomis' future, he's clearly proved he's not prepared to share responsibility of the lone strikers role, not sure if his game suits 2 up top & he's clearly never going to settle for being 2nd fiddle.

Either he goes & we sign a top class replacement, or we get someone in who is happy to come off the bench.

Someone who can play as a striker/winger could be the way to go...

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Transfers on 14:11 - Apr 29 with 2617 viewssully49

Its time now a time for the scouts to earn their money, watching matches, talking to players agents, finger on the pulse. GM/HJ will need to give them a shopping list and budget, we aren't a poor club so anymore so we should be aiming our sights higher.
Unfortunatly I think that AR and LB's days are numbered, when do their contracts actually end?
Hopefully, there are some works in progress in the U21's that need to be nurtured in the future.
I imagine that GM is already planning to beat this season's record position already.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Transfers on 14:25 - Apr 29 with 2580 viewsScoobyWho

Transfers on 14:11 - Apr 29 by sully49

Its time now a time for the scouts to earn their money, watching matches, talking to players agents, finger on the pulse. GM/HJ will need to give them a shopping list and budget, we aren't a poor club so anymore so we should be aiming our sights higher.
Unfortunatly I think that AR and LB's days are numbered, when do their contracts actually end?
Hopefully, there are some works in progress in the U21's that need to be nurtured in the future.
I imagine that GM is already planning to beat this season's record position already.

We have very few scouts, the board employ agents to approach and manage transfers in most cases. It is still my view that the board are as much involved in transfers if not more than Garry Monk, who yes has an input, but I'm not sure it's more than that. Scouting ? Yes, there are stil a few gems to be found, and the few scouts we have will be on that. But to think that now is the time for them to do it is pretty damning. We all know the club have been sourcing and working on new players far earlier than now, we just don't operate like that, that's why we are the success we are.

Well, that's how I see it anyway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024