Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Green light 16:27 - Jun 9 with 10860 viewsTheArtChappy

For the lagoon. Evening post have said can't link sorry

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

Green light on 16:39 - Jun 9 with 5060 viewsDr_Winston

I remain to be convinced that this is a good idea.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Green light on 16:52 - Jun 9 with 5040 viewsscottishjack

Green light on 16:39 - Jun 9 by Dr_Winston

Nope, I've done my best to read up on this one, and just my opinion, but the positives outweigh the negatives for me.

Investment, jobs, the educational aspect, first of its kind in the world...the list goes on...
Green light on 17:26 - Jun 9 with 5000 viewsunion_jack

Green light on 16:52 - Jun 9 by scottishjack

Nope, I've done my best to read up on this one, and just my opinion, but the positives outweigh the negatives for me.

Investment, jobs, the educational aspect, first of its kind in the world...the list goes on...

My thoughts exactly.

Not too sure about the environmental aspect but +>-.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Green light on 17:26 - Jun 9 with 5000 viewsChrisSCFC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-33053003
Green light on 17:27 - Jun 9 with 4990 viewsymaohyd

Green light on 16:39 - Jun 9 by Dr_Winston

No surprises there!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Green light on 17:29 - Jun 9 with 4991 viewsChrisSCFC

Nice to see some investment into Swansea regardless.
Green light on 17:32 - Jun 9 with 4983 viewsSwanzay

Jury is out for me

Tide power is a technology that Energy Matters hasn’t looked into in any detail, so here I will briefly review its potential as an energy source (I ignore its recreational benefits) using Swansea Bay and the “pipeline” of larger tidal lagoon projects that are scheduled to follow it as examples of the approach that tide power in the UK seems destined to follow. Is this approach really transformational? Or is it just another green pipe dream going nowhere?

http://euanmearns.com/a-trip-round-swansea-bay/#more-8698
Green light on 18:14 - Jun 9 with 4947 viewsHighjack

It'll generate a fraction of the power of a nuclear facility at ten times the cost.

It's a brilliant idea.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Green light on 18:18 - Jun 9 with 4941 viewsGeoffThom

Interesting method of construction but I would love to know exactly were they are going to get all this sand from if it's taken from the channel itself there will be bare beaches Ali along the coast
Green light on 18:40 - Jun 9 with 4909 viewsDDCH

Local councillor was saying the same thing up the park the other week about the sand damage, he said all the tourist stuff they showed in the original planning has been shelved too........mind you I still recall the sponsor of the new stadium was going to put big screens in

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Green light on 19:00 - Jun 9 with 4884 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

looks good to me.

watch the video on this link

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Green-light-given-1-billion-Swansea-Bay-

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Green light on 22:17 - Jun 9 with 4788 viewsyescomeon

Decent energy generation, tourism potential and jobs overstated, potential environmental impacts, most likely not as bad as from non-renewable. Big experiment really. Future projects planned for Cardiff and Conwy Bay.

Upthecity!

Green light on 22:40 - Jun 9 with 4769 viewsKilkennyjack

Green light on 18:14 - Jun 9 by Highjack

It'll generate a fraction of the power of a nuclear facility at ten times the cost.

It's a brilliant idea.

Whereas ....following events in both Russia and (recently) Japan, it is pretty clear that nuclear power is inherently unsafe. Not to mention any deliberate attacks by people who dont like us - like IS.
Give me renewable energy for wales all day long.

Beware of the Risen People

Green light on 23:15 - Jun 9 with 4738 viewsMervyn

Wonder if this project would have received the green light if we were a struggling lower league club.......our profile has gone through the roof since gaining premiership football imo

along with the new uni this has be good news for the area and future employment
Green light on 00:04 - Jun 10 with 4712 viewsHighjack

Green light on 22:40 - Jun 9 by Kilkennyjack

Whereas ....following events in both Russia and (recently) Japan, it is pretty clear that nuclear power is inherently unsafe. Not to mention any deliberate attacks by people who dont like us - like IS.

Inherently unsafe? There's been countless thousands of reactors operating every day around the world for about 60 years without incident.

Fukushima was hit by the biggest earthquake on record and a giant wave.

Chernobyl was left to fall into a state of disrepair.

I would wager that more people have died at port Talbot steelworks over the years than in both of these events combined.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Green light on 00:16 - Jun 10 with 4704 viewsHighjack

Green light on 23:15 - Jun 9 by Mervyn

Wonder if this project would have received the green light if we were a struggling lower league club.......our profile has gone through the roof since gaining premiership football imo

Some fella said the other day that the new uni campus cones under NPT and not Swansea. Is there any truth to this?

Green light on 00:51 - Jun 10 with 4690 viewsBanosswan

Green light on 00:16 - Jun 10 by Highjack

Some fella said the other day that the new uni campus cones under NPT and not Swansea. Is there any truth to this?

Yes, Swansea said no.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Green light on 00:56 - Jun 10 with 4687 viewsBanosswan

Green light on 00:04 - Jun 10 by Highjack

Inherently unsafe? There's been countless thousands of reactors operating every day around the world for about 60 years without incident.

I would wager that more people have died at port Talbot steelworks over the years than in both of these events combined.

It wasn't the biggest on record, however your sentiment still stands.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Green light on 00:58 - Jun 10 with 4683 viewsymaohyd

Green light on 23:15 - Jun 9 by Mervyn

Your last line is it in a nutshell.

I am naturally concerned about environmental issues and trust the powers that be to make the right decision.

However, I couldn't give a stuff about the economic sense or not this project offers in terms of value for money in terms of the energy created.

All I care about is our part of the UK/Wales for once having a massive shot in the arm for the local economy.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Green light on 06:10 - Jun 10 with 4652 viewsDr_Winston

Green light on 00:04 - Jun 10 by Highjack

All bar one of the "Fukushima 50", those brave souls who walked into certain death in order to prevent a meltdown is actually still alive and healthy.

The biggest problem with nuclear power is storage. Sort that out and it's by far the best option until we get the hang of fusion.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Green light on 06:16 - Jun 10 with 4651 viewsdgt73

Green light on 18:14 - Jun 9 by Highjack

It's a brilliant idea.

You are wrong. The new nuclear power station under construction in Somerset will when completed cost over £20 billion compared to the £1 billion to build the lagoon. The strike price they want for the lagoon is higher than nuclear, but it hasn't been finalised yet, but one thing is for sure it definitely won't be ten times higher than the strike price that the new nuclears (EDF)have negotiated.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2015 6:17]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Green light on 06:19 - Jun 10 with 4646 viewsdgt73

Green light on 22:40 - Jun 9 by Kilkennyjack

Another person who hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Green light on 09:49 - Jun 10 with 4599 viewsdickythorpe

"MONORAIL!!!!!!!!!"
Green light on 09:58 - Jun 10 with 4588 viewsperchrockjack

So no lagoon . What then .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Green light on 10:10 - Jun 10 with 4579 viewsDDCH

Interesting article. Also confirms that the sweeteners used to sell it to the community mat be dropped.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/11657474/Insane-crazy-the-riddle-of-the-sands

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024