Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread 17:25 - Oct 3 with 12512 viewsPhil_S

The Liberty Stadium, Swansea
Sunday October 4th 2015, Kick Off 4pm

PREVIEWS AND BUILD UP

Davies promises to make it tough for Swans
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40607/davies-promises-to-

Gylfi praise for Swans striker
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40618/gylfi-praise-for-sp

Monk aiming to change Tottenham record
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40629/monk-aiming-to-chan

"Let's get back to where we were"
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40634/lets-get-back-to-wh

Tottenham midfielder could have stayed
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40636/tottenham-midfielde

Monk - positions are under threat
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40639

Monk praise for Tottenham boss
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40643

Can we beat the odds?
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40649

EA Sports PPI Preview
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40648/swansea-v-tottenham

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 18:07 - Oct 4 with 2456 viewsmonmouth

I'd like to see that finishing team get a run out next time.

They have better attacking players than us (if we had 90+m to spend from one player sale though, I'd think we might do better) but we still could have nicked it at the end there. Ridiculously open and very entertaining.

Ash was outrageously good.

Happy with both the last two home points. It's the Watfords we have to sort out and take the pressure off games like these.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 18:20 - Oct 4 with 2386 viewsJackanapes

Angel

http://www.thebrooke.org/home

Im sure they can find you a nice field to gallop around in.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 18:20 - Oct 4 with 2384 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 18:06 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

Great game - thoroughly enjoyed that once I found a stream that worked (thanks ePaul).

Could have nicked it and can't complain about two superb freekicks from Eriksen - he must be the best in the league from that position.

It makes such a difference to our play when Montero is on form but we must get Gomis attacking the near post leaving Ayew behind him rather than them getting in each other's way.

Great point bearing in mind they were on a real roll and smashed Man City so recently.

I'd just be happy for gomis to get in the box Lisa. That break at the end of the first when Monterro ran it into touch. Not his fault - he looked up for a first time ball and we had not 1 player in the box. Shocking that - makes no sense of monts attacking the byeline. Hey ho.
Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 18:22 - Oct 4 with 2365 viewsperchrockjack

Yep, id like to see go is attacking the ball when crossed .

We could easily have won

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 18:24 - Oct 4 with 2345 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 18:20 - Oct 4 by LeonisGod

I'd just be happy for gomis to get in the box Lisa. That break at the end of the first when Monterro ran it into touch. Not his fault - he looked up for a first time ball and we had not 1 player in the box. Shocking that - makes no sense of monts attacking the byeline. Hey ho.

He certainly didn't look like he was busting a gut today that's for sure.

Been very ordinary the last few games. I'd have brought Eder on for the final 15 minutes if it was me, but can't complain too much at the point.

I would definitely like to see us try to pick up another attacking option in January though. A much quicker front man as an option. Difficult to find though I guess.
Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 18:27 - Oct 4 with 2343 viewsphact0rri

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 17:23 - Oct 4 by Lord_Bony

not again....

JJS needs more discipline...needlessly given away that free kick///

This post has been edited by an administrator

not convincing that, that was a foul for me. Feel way to many decisions went against us on the day. Gutted that they used it to get the equalizer.

On a side note, neither of the spurs goals were in free play so thats something.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 18:29 - Oct 4 with 2338 viewsmorningstar

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 18:20 - Oct 4 by LeonisGod

In all honestly he should really have cut it in as best he could rather than let it run out of play.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 19:08 - Oct 4 with 2212 viewsNookiejack

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 18:07 - Oct 4 by monmouth

I'd like to see that finishing team get a run out next time.

They have better attacking players than us (if we had 90+m to spend from one player sale though, I'd think we might do better) but we still could have nicked it at the end there. Ridiculously open and very entertaining.

Ash was outrageously good.

Happy with both the last two home points. It's the Watfords we have to sort out and take the pressure off games like these.

Agree with most of that.

Gomis misses some reasonable chances for us when 2-1 up - which would have won us the game.

Will have to see again if Shelvey had to commit freekick for their second.

At 2-2 we press forward for winner and they could easily have won that on the break. Townsend cocked up a glorious chance to slide one of their players in.

They didn't look like breaking us down when we had players behind ball bar freekicks.

I am really not sure if Shelvey is a defensive midfielder - he just seems too slow. he is a threat going forward though. So in my view has to be between him and Siggy for place in team. Cork seemed much quicker when he came on - but to be fair that was late in the game.

For me defensive midfield is between Ki, Cork and Leon (who has been in great form previous 2 games. You can play Shelvey and Siggy if we are chasing the game as both have a scoring threat.

Think that was a missed opportunity for us - in that didn't take advantage of the bit of luck we had from Kane own goal - as thought their Europa endeavours started to catch up with them a bit late in the game - so we could have won that if just held out a bit longer - with regards to their equaliser.

Never mind two winnable games coming up after International Break and we could then be in a very good position in the League.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 19:35 - Oct 4 with 2144 viewsllareggub

there is some kind of issue with plexus on kodi there is a way of getting round this ............only if your using an android box

add acestream to your ANDROID apps and if your going to watch a sports stream turn acestream app on first an you should be all good to go ............ :)
then just select kodi app pick your stream an way to go
Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 19:48 - Oct 4 with 2102 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 19:08 - Oct 4 by Nookiejack

Agree with most of that.

Gomis misses some reasonable chances for us when 2-1 up - which would have won us the game.

Will have to see again if Shelvey had to commit freekick for their second.

At 2-2 we press forward for winner and they could easily have won that on the break. Townsend cocked up a glorious chance to slide one of their players in.

They didn't look like breaking us down when we had players behind ball bar freekicks.

I am really not sure if Shelvey is a defensive midfielder - he just seems too slow. he is a threat going forward though. So in my view has to be between him and Siggy for place in team. Cork seemed much quicker when he came on - but to be fair that was late in the game.

For me defensive midfield is between Ki, Cork and Leon (who has been in great form previous 2 games. You can play Shelvey and Siggy if we are chasing the game as both have a scoring threat.

Think that was a missed opportunity for us - in that didn't take advantage of the bit of luck we had from Kane own goal - as thought their Europa endeavours started to catch up with them a bit late in the game - so we could have won that if just held out a bit longer - with regards to their equaliser.

Never mind two winnable games coming up after International Break and we could then be in a very good position in the League.

Ki is a great player but I don't think we can control a game enough without Corky or Leon in the side. We stood toe to toe with them today and got something out of it. If we persist without these two then we are going to lose more than win IMHO.
Can't get away from the fact that it was a good point against an in form side though and an entertaining match for the neutral.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 19:49 - Oct 4 with 2099 viewsDarran

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 14:50 - Oct 4 by exiledclaseboy

Yes but as a bloke my illness is obviously worse than yours meaning I have flu.

I hope you're ok Andrew if you need a cwtch you only have to call.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 19:50 - Oct 4 with 2098 viewsbuilthjack

End to end stuff, happy with a point. We need a striker in January.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 20:20 - Oct 4 with 2029 viewsGriffting

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 19:50 - Oct 4 by builthjack

End to end stuff, happy with a point. We need a striker in January.

Would rather another option for the right wing for ayew to come inside.
Supply Gomis, he scores.
Good point, couple of things that concern me:
Our high press is non excistent at the moment, teams are allowed within 30 yards of our goal before we get a challenge in.
Fab has been great, but he's for me he's dipped in form and his distribution leaves a lot to be desired.
Lastly, we insist on long balls to Gomis, yet no one is gambling on him winning the header and it's giving away possession cheaply.

Much better during periods of today's game and Spurs didn't score from open play, still unbeaten at home so a lot of positives to take.
Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 21:32 - Oct 4 with 1972 viewsSwansNZ

Well, that’s our best result against them for 4 years, so can’t complain.
They were probably the better team, but a draw was a fair result, both teams had good chances.
Fab, wtf was he doing for their first.
Great to see us score from a corner — we should buy that Kane fella.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 23:41 - Oct 4 with 1896 viewsPozuelosSideys

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 20:20 - Oct 4 by Griffting

Would rather another option for the right wing for ayew to come inside.
Supply Gomis, he scores.
Good point, couple of things that concern me:
Our high press is non excistent at the moment, teams are allowed within 30 yards of our goal before we get a challenge in.
Fab has been great, but he's for me he's dipped in form and his distribution leaves a lot to be desired.
Lastly, we insist on long balls to Gomis, yet no one is gambling on him winning the header and it's giving away possession cheaply.

Much better during periods of today's game and Spurs didn't score from open play, still unbeaten at home so a lot of positives to take.

Pretty much agree with all of that, as well as your comment on the other thread about Gomis looking like hes been given instruction to stay central and not hit the channels. Wouldnt suprise me given Monks desire for shapes.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 08:02 - Oct 5 with 1810 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 21:32 - Oct 4 by SwansNZ

Well, that’s our best result against them for 4 years, so can’t complain.
They were probably the better team, but a draw was a fair result, both teams had good chances.
Fab, wtf was he doing for their first.
Great to see us score from a corner — we should buy that Kane fella.

It was a truly awful corner. Nobody within 5 yards of it except Kane. Is Shelvey the best man to take the corners? He wastes a lot.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 11:37 - Oct 5 with 1741 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 08:02 - Oct 5 by builthjack

It was a truly awful corner. Nobody within 5 yards of it except Kane. Is Shelvey the best man to take the corners? He wastes a lot.

He's absolute shite at set pieces. He must have the dirt on Monk to keep taking them, and keeping getting picked to start in deep midfield ahead of Ki & Cork.

Was nice to see Ki float in a brilliant free kick after Jonjo and Gylfi had both gone off. His delivery is consistently fantastic for his country. Don't think he's loud enough to demand to take them normally.
Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 14:01 - Oct 6 with 1637 viewsLandore_Jack

Extended highlights....

#backtojack

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 14:28 - Oct 6 with 1624 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Official Match Thread on 14:01 - Oct 6 by Landore_Jack

Extended highlights....

great defending header by Ash on 3min.30.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024