Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wanting a change of management... 02:43 - Nov 8 with 10703 viewsAyewSerious

After a long journey back to my home, a quick read of the board tells me that this is now trendily seen as "pressing the panic button" and only the people "mildly concerned" are capable of thinking rationally? That about right?

Rubbish, in my opinion. As soon as things go wrong you have the two camps forming online without fail. One that pro actively looks for solutions and another that revels in telling these people they are red button pushing idiots. Ive seen it time and time again to the point of nauseating tedium, they are usually the ones not wanting to form a solid opinion for fear of looking silly later down the line.

These same camps appeared around the time Laudrup needed replacing, however the "rational mildly concerned" quickly filtered into the "the board did the right thing" camp and went largely unnoticed. Im sure the same will happen again this time.

The fact is, Garry is not making rational decisions and has not responded well to pressure at all. Football is becoming more and more a game of short term and in my opinion the time has come again to hand over the baton. That takes nothing away from his achievements last year, or indeed Laudrups the year before he went - but the team is not being led in the direction that is right for Swansea City, just as it was not back then.

I don't believe I am panicking or pressing any imaginary button. Things are not right, and I don't believe it is something a few wins will put right. There seems a total lack of direction, nobody really seems to have a game plan, it is pedestrian, rudderless, unimaginative football and I can't remember a time in our PL era where we have gone nearly a quarter of a season scoring so little (2?) from open play, and the worrying thing is that number actually flatters us.

To bring in Tabanou and Eder and refuse to use them is baffling at best and a frivolous waste of much needed funds at worst. To not address the imbalance of the side (noted by many as far back as Watford away) is either shockingly stubborn or complete blindness to obvious pitfalls in the set up. All is not well, of that I am sure, and just like the end Laudrups tenure - for me, it is thanks for last year but we must move on.

We need our core principles restored just like Huw famously once stated, I agreed then and I suggest the same now.
Wanting a change of management... on 02:46 - Nov 8 with 5247 viewsBanosPerth

Great post mate, thank you.
Wanting a change of management... on 08:04 - Nov 8 with 5081 viewsblaine_scfc

Best post I have seen on here for a while.

Make the change Huw
Wanting a change of management... on 08:22 - Nov 8 with 5024 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Totally logical and well thought out post. The body language of the players has been dreadful recently and with Williams coming out with statements like "we need to do some soul searching" for example tells me he's trying his best to help Monk but the other players can't or won't respond.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wanting a change of management... on 08:22 - Nov 8 with 5022 viewsJackfath

One that actively looks for solutions. I have read continually over the last few weeks;

Dyer is the answer.
Tabanou is better than the incumbent.
Eder is better than Gomis.

Now whilst having these players involved more frequently may help the situation to state that things will be ok when their are all involved is nonsense. In times of need people always look for an answer. I think they may be clutching at straws if the above are the answers to out current situation.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 8:43]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Wanting a change of management... on 08:29 - Nov 8 with 5005 viewsEdmundo

Hell of a post!

Since the Watford game I have been hoping that we could some how cobble some wins together from somewhere, if not playing the prettiest football. But alas we are doing neither, ok possession was good yesterday, but the formation didn't allow to get behind Norwich and do something with it.

Norwich had a plan, not pretty football but attack our weak spot and launch balls to their bug guys and yes, it worked.

They may undo other sides with that commitment, but any side with serious quality should have the tools to beat them.

I hope for the clubs sake that either we have a change of formation or that Huw has a serious chat with Gary and bring in someone to assist in making game changing decisions.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Wanting a change of management... on 08:36 - Nov 8 with 4967 viewsNeath_Jack

"Rubbish, in my opinion. As soon as things go wrong you have the two camps forming online without fail".

The camps were formed before Monk had taken charge of his first game.

Jackfath is the one who has it spot on in this here thread.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wanting a change of management... on 08:42 - Nov 8 with 4943 viewsJackfath

Wanting a change of management... on 08:36 - Nov 8 by Neath_Jack

"Rubbish, in my opinion. As soon as things go wrong you have the two camps forming online without fail".

The camps were formed before Monk had taken charge of his first game.

Jackfath is the one who has it spot on in this here thread.

Thank you. Clear away all the vitriol that often comes my way and I sometimes post sensibly.

Bottom line is we all want the best, only a few know what is wrong and even less know how to put it right.

All opinions eh!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Wanting a change of management... on 09:05 - Nov 8 with 4842 viewsSgorioFruit

DROP GOMIS

routs and jeff on the wings feeding Ayew

= £160 million in the bank for next seasons premier league revenue

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Login to get fewer ads

Wanting a change of management... on 09:05 - Nov 8 with 4844 viewscsf

I like parts of the OP but for me Jackfath brings a much needed sense of balance to the whole issue.
Wanting a change of management... on 09:15 - Nov 8 with 4789 viewsbuilthjack

JackFath for Manager

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wanting a change of management... on 09:15 - Nov 8 with 4785 viewsAJackAbroad

I'm not one to call for a manager to lose his job, but Monk's uninspiring, predictable tactics are having a direct impact on results. Garry's appointment served a purpose, and take nothing away from the achievements of last season but unfortunately I fear we are stuck in a downward spiral under his leadership.

Brendan being out of work - anyone want him? I'd have him back in a heartbeat.
Wanting a change of management... on 09:21 - Nov 8 with 4736 viewssomersetsimon

Wanting a change of management... on 09:15 - Nov 8 by AJackAbroad

I'm not one to call for a manager to lose his job, but Monk's uninspiring, predictable tactics are having a direct impact on results. Garry's appointment served a purpose, and take nothing away from the achievements of last season but unfortunately I fear we are stuck in a downward spiral under his leadership.

Brendan being out of work - anyone want him? I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Unless the board have a cunning plan B up their sleeves, if difficult to know who else they would bring in. There is no point sacking a a manager unless you have a better alternative lined up.
Wanting a change of management... on 09:22 - Nov 8 with 4729 viewsStarsky

To the OP...
Quality post. I'm fed up of the divides on here where posters try to ram their opinions down others throats.
Everyone these days has to be right. :(

It's just the internet, init.

Wanting a change of management... on 09:37 - Nov 8 with 4678 viewsDewi1jack

Wanting a change of management... on 08:22 - Nov 8 by Jackfath

One that actively looks for solutions. I have read continually over the last few weeks;

Dyer is the answer.

Now whilst having these players involved more frequently may help the situation to state that things will be ok when their are all involved is nonsense. In times of need people always look for an answer. I think they may be clutching at straws if the above are the answers to out current situation.

This.

Nath isn't exactly pulling up trees at Leicester, unless it's to get the splinters out of his backside.
Is this the same Tabanou who stated publicly, he couldn't be bothered with trying his hardest in training. Maybe GM is worried he couldn't be bothered trying his hardest on the pitch either.
Eder, until he's given a bit more time and given goal chances we won't know about him.

Think it's time to bring in coaches capable of helping GM. Maybe people who can convince him to change his way of thinking.
Get rid of this jobs for the boys mentality at the club.
Hire the best people you can afford. Remember there is over £100 million at stake. Amazing what you discover you can safely afford when sums like that are being bandied around, even if it means taking a smaller or no divi for long term massive gain.

Good opening post though.
Anything that provokes discussion (not personal attacks) isn't a bad thing.

Something has to give.
Forget the style of recent poor games (Watford, 'Ull, Stoke RFC etc- pedestrian at best) it was bloody embarrassing watching so many players arguing with each other yesterday.
I was waiting for one or 2 of them to start throwing punches at each other.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Wanting a change of management... on 09:38 - Nov 8 with 4668 viewsSgorioFruit

Wanting a change of management... on 09:22 - Nov 8 by Starsky

To the OP...
Quality post. I'm fed up of the divides on here where posters try to ram their opinions down others throats.
Everyone these days has to be right. :(

Too bloody right

40 points still aiming too low Starsky flowercup?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Wanting a change of management... on 09:41 - Nov 8 with 4652 viewsNeath_Jack

Wanting a change of management... on 09:37 - Nov 8 by Dewi1jack

This.

Nath isn't exactly pulling up trees at Leicester, unless it's to get the splinters out of his backside.
Is this the same Tabanou who stated publicly, he couldn't be bothered with trying his hardest in training. Maybe GM is worried he couldn't be bothered trying his hardest on the pitch either.
Eder, until he's given a bit more time and given goal chances we won't know about him.

Think it's time to bring in coaches capable of helping GM. Maybe people who can convince him to change his way of thinking.
Hire the best people you can afford. Remember there is over £100 million at stake. Amazing what you discover you can safely afford when sums like that are being bandied around, even if it means taking a smaller or no divi for long term massive gain.

Something has to give.
Forget the style of recent poor games (Watford, 'Ull, Stoke RFC etc- pedestrian at best) it was bloody embarrassing watching so many players arguing with each other yesterday.

We should bring Chico back, he'll save us.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wanting a change of management... on 09:45 - Nov 8 with 4638 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wanting a change of management... on 09:37 - Nov 8 by Dewi1jack

This.

Something has to give.

I didn't see any of the game Few, MOTD is off limits for me at the moment. Who were the main culprits?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wanting a change of management... on 09:46 - Nov 8 with 4625 viewsdgt73

I'm a Monk fan - but results (and performances ) need pick up. Would i sack him now ? No - but time will eventually run out, without an upturn in results. In Sir Huw we trust.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Wanting a change of management... on 10:07 - Nov 8 with 4538 viewsjackal

At what point do we change the manager?
We haven't played well since August. We have great players who aren't performing. There are problems all over the pitch.
Monk's substitutions are baffling. There is no confidence to be seen and the fans are turning.
Do we wait and hope for the best or act now?
Wanting a change of management... on 10:08 - Nov 8 with 4532 viewslovejuicejack

Wanting a change of management... on 10:07 - Nov 8 by jackal

At what point do we change the manager?
We haven't played well since August. We have great players who aren't performing. There are problems all over the pitch.
Monk's substitutions are baffling. There is no confidence to be seen and the fans are turning.
Do we wait and hope for the best or act now?

Act now b4 it's too late, I trust Huw not not fk up his inheritance.
Wanting a change of management... on 10:57 - Nov 8 with 4416 viewsmonmouth

I applaud the quality of the OP and I think most, actually everyone, agrees about the issues, and the eventual outcome should things continue in the recent vein. The argument isn't about 'those who propose solutions' and those that don't though, but about an EFFECTIVE solution, as Jackfath indicates.

In 12 games, we have had four good games, four execrable games and four patchy games that could have gone either way. So those (obviously not panicking, obviously) baying for a sacked manager now (and as I've said often enough, I don't give a toss who the manager is really. There's lots about GMs approach I find unappealing) are doing so on the basis of four bad games. Without giving anyone a longer opportunity to sort it out. Laudrup was cack for the best part of a year and, yes, with hindsight that was too long, but I'm still glad we gave him the proper opportunity to sort it out, which he couldn't take.

Monk deserves a similar opportunity working with the chairman and the players to identify proper solutions, not by knee jerk merchants (like myself) on a message board. I'm not sure that a club that would sack him now, or after Bournemouth, or indeed before Christmas (forget the January window - we won't be buying whoever is manager), is the sort of club I would personally want us to be.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wanting a change of management... on 11:01 - Nov 8 with 4393 viewshammy

Wanting a change of management... on 09:46 - Nov 8 by dgt73

I'm a Monk fan - but results (and performances ) need pick up. Would i sack him now ? No - but time will eventually run out, without an upturn in results. In Sir Huw we trust.

I would think that the board are already formulating a plan in the event that we don't achieve around the 20 points mark by Christmas. Would be mad not to. It would be a shame for GM but they can't afford to get into a relegation scrap this season.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Wanting a change of management... on 11:04 - Nov 8 with 4374 viewsperchrockjack

Surely THE best critique of where we are.

SADLY, it now seems the players we ve brought in are not really up to it and I m struggling to understand why Tremmell was given another job with us.

I CANT REALLY SEE WHY WE NEED THREE KEEPERS when the one we have is undropable.

Seems at least we are in agreement ,which is good and somehow we have toc hannel turn this anger and upset the right way.

Its not about hating any player nor manager just a case of stopping our beautiful club from falling through the floor

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wanting a change of management... on 11:15 - Nov 8 with 4337 viewsNookiejack

Wanting a change of management... on 08:22 - Nov 8 by Jackfath

Dyer is the answer.

I hope you are wrong but fear you are right. It comes down to the quality of your players and Gomis and Eder are not PL level strikers. I have hope for Tabanou I think he does have potential.

At the beginning of the season there were statements that club now has two players competing for each position. Yet the team seems virtually unchanged each week - even though having consistently poor results.

Naughton yesterday was our sole right wing attacker?

What makes me rant so much over last 24 hours is conceding such a soft goal when we at the moment don't create anything. Don't ever under estimate the draw. Would have kept points differential between us and Norwich. Not now.
Wanting a change of management... on 11:17 - Nov 8 with 4325 viewsDarran

Wanting a change of management... on 11:04 - Nov 8 by perchrockjack

Surely THE best critique of where we are.

SADLY, it now seems the players we ve brought in are not really up to it and I m struggling to understand why Tremmell was given another job with us.

I CANT REALLY SEE WHY WE NEED THREE KEEPERS when the one we have is undropable.

Seems at least we are in agreement ,which is good and somehow we have toc hannel turn this anger and upset the right way.

Its not about hating any player nor manager just a case of stopping our beautiful club from falling through the floor

Exactly,get rid of Tremmell and we'll be fine.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 11:26]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024