Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Captain 00:24 - Dec 12 with 2266 viewsUplandsJack

Genuine question here, who thinks ash should be relieved of the captains armband after recent performances and the ridiculous behaviour after the game last Saturday...
Genuinely not sure myself, but just wonder what others views on this were?

Oh sorry by way if someone has asked same before....

P.S. if yes, who should take over...?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2015 0:26]
Captain on 00:29 - Dec 12 with 2250 viewsSwansea93

He does act abit stupid for a captain sometimes, but I just can't see anyone else in the starting 11 who could be a captain for us, Sigurdsson maybe?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Captain on 00:33 - Dec 12 with 2240 viewsLoyal

A clever coach would give it to Gomis, rub his ego like he is thrilling a chicken and let him fly off the wheel.

People management see, I've got it in abundance.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Captain on 00:35 - Dec 12 with 2230 viewsNeathJack

Captain on 00:33 - Dec 12 by Loyal

A clever coach would give it to Gomis, rub his ego like he is thrilling a chicken and let him fly off the wheel.

People management see, I've got it in abundance.

Yep. Show the rest of the squad that if you down tools and play utter shite you get rewarded.

I think that may be slightly flawed to be honest....
Captain on 00:35 - Dec 12 with 2226 viewsLoyal

Captain on 00:35 - Dec 12 by NeathJack

Yep. Show the rest of the squad that if you down tools and play utter shite you get rewarded.

I think that may be slightly flawed to be honest....

Not as flawed as taking it off Ash in the first place 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Captain on 00:57 - Dec 12 with 2185 viewsjruss1

Unlikely, but with a whole new staff coming in, not impossible.
Captain on 01:38 - Dec 12 with 2158 viewsFatherJack

I wouldn't immediately strip Ash of it, but if it did come to making someone else captain in future, I'd say Sigurdsson. He's an intelligent articulate guy who seems to have a very level, media-savvy head on him. Britton would be an obvious option, but sadly not long term given his age. I'd also consider Neil Taylor. For all his limitations as a player you get the feeling that on a personal level he'd give it absolutely everything.

Poll: Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?

Captain on 02:44 - Dec 12 with 2102 viewsTheKirkyLife

Got to be a toss up between Fabs, Ki and Siggy for me. I remember last season everybody was touting Ki as the future captain of the club and we got to be fair to the lad - he's being pushed beyond the limit fitness-wise this term.
Captain on 05:31 - Dec 12 with 2062 viewsphact0rri

Captain on 02:44 - Dec 12 by TheKirkyLife

Got to be a toss up between Fabs, Ki and Siggy for me. I remember last season everybody was touting Ki as the future captain of the club and we got to be fair to the lad - he's being pushed beyond the limit fitness-wise this term.

Honestly of our normal starting 11 my mind goes to Fab. Can't really think of anyone else. Maybe Tayls...

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

Captain on 08:54 - Dec 12 with 1949 viewsLeonisGod

No.
Captain on 09:03 - Dec 12 with 1932 viewsOldjack

He hasn't been the same since Wales reached the finals ,coincident or what ?

he's getting the johnny big bollocks tag from me anyway

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Captain on 09:08 - Dec 12 with 1911 viewsraynor94

No, will go down as one of our greats, he's had a dip in form, not surprising with whats going on, more surprising is some of the comments on this thread

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Captain on 09:12 - Dec 12 with 1896 viewsmonmouth

No. Not now. New manager will sort all that shit out. I would expect Williams to remain if he screws his head back on. Just stop him going up for corners. It kills us both ends.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Captain on 09:15 - Dec 12 with 1893 viewscockneyswan

Ash, has to remain our captain, what happend against Leicester was unfortunate however I believe it shows some good emotions by Ash in that he gets very upset when we lose. I am far more concerned by someone like Gomis who doesn't seem to give a toss.
Captain on 09:17 - Dec 12 with 1885 viewsWhiterockin

New management will decide this one, I expect changes in formation and starting 11. Possibly Ash is pissed off with what is happening in the background and it is affecting his form as well as others.

As a captain for the future. Six months ago I would have thought it would be Cork, but he is not in the starting 11 at the moment. We need to wait and see what changes the new broom makes.
Captain on 10:39 - Dec 12 with 1776 viewsRancid

Ash and the other members of the squad are all affected by what's been going on so when a new manager comes in I'm pretty sure things will change for the better and Ash will remain captain.

Plus there's hardly any other serious contenders for the role at the moment in our squad.Sack Monk yet keep him as a player.That'll do it.
Captain on 10:44 - Dec 12 with 1759 viewsDafyddHuw

I can't believe people are touting names to replace Ash. The last thing we need now is more unrest. No reason why he can't stay captain, then review everything at the end of the season, whichever division we;re in.
Captain on 10:47 - Dec 12 with 1747 viewsperchrockjack

ok so Ash isn't a full shilling but he wears his heart on his sleeve and frankly Im certain he sees shutehouse like Gomis taking the pisse out of everyone.

He does need to focus his committment though.

Im just sorry I cant be arsed to go down and give them one of my inspirational motivating talks

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Captain on 12:25 - Dec 12 with 1660 viewsSwaneeRiver

I think he was as frustrated as us fans with the way things have gone, culminating in last Saturday's behaviour.
Fresh start today for all and Captain Ash to lead us onward and upward
Captain on 12:38 - Dec 12 with 1636 viewsClinton

We need more leaders on the pitch. Players need to be more assertive with the referees and more encouraging to their team mates.
Until we see more of that i cant actually see anyone capable of taking over. Probably Jack Cork is the only candidate, possibly Siggy. Although the latter might not have the respect of his teammates if there is any truth at all in recent rumours. Ki captains South Korea but cant see him captaining the swans.
Btw, read soemwhere that Ki's wife is coming to live in Swansea in the new year, i hope that will mean an uptick in his form. At his best he is a terrific player.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024