Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread 22:28 - Jan 12 with 41262 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 1:26]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 22:29 - Jan 12 with 8751 viewsjackharris

Possible Line up...

Bench...
Nordfeldt, Amat, Naughton, Cork, Gomis, Montero, Grimes(?)
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 23:02]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 22:45 - Jan 12 with 8676 viewsDracan66

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 23:11 - Jan 12 with 8588 viewskarnataka

Massive game of course. A win would put us above Bournemouth , 7 points above Sunderland and 4 above Newcastle.

I'd be a lot happier with that position.
The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 00:14 - Jan 13 with 8511 viewsairedale

Wet weather gear for trek to the stadium from our secret parking location l.
The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 00:30 - Jan 13 with 8500 viewsbuilthjack

4-1

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 03:14 - Jan 13 with 8422 viewsLord_Bony

Can't believe Curt just thinks this is an ordinary game of no real significance...it is HUGE for us for so many reasons.

This is the pivotal game of the season for me,if we lose to Sunderland at home at this stage then a lot of questions are going to be asked...

They've started looking strong lately and Jermain Defoe could be our downfall.

If we get our main team back tonight,keep our shape,especially at the back then we re more than capable on this one.

A MUST win game ,shall be watching in a bar in Spain with a few other Swans supporters...2.1

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 06:33 - Jan 13 with 8370 viewsnavyjack

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 03:14 - Jan 13 by Lord_Bony

Can't believe Curt just thinks this is an ordinary game of no real significance...it is HUGE for us for so many reasons.

This is the pivotal game of the season for me,if we lose to Sunderland at home at this stage then a lot of questions are going to be asked...

They've started looking strong lately and Jermain Defoe could be our downfall.

If we get our main team back tonight,keep our shape,especially at the back then we re more than capable on this one.

A MUST win game ,shall be watching in a bar in Spain with a few other Swans supporters...2.1

Can see the report now.."after a much improved performance from the one that saw them bow out of the FA cup, Swansea were nevertheless outdone by two counter attacks late in the game. And not for the first time at the liberty stadium,it was that man Jermaine Defoe to punish Swansea's inability to convert pressure into goals.".......

I so hope Im wrong but we all know how SA will set his team up..We must score first. And,never usually say this but we Must win.
The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 07:13 - Jan 13 with 8325 viewsAngelRangelQS

Nervous already
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 08:51 - Jan 13 with 8207 viewsEdmundo

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 07:13 - Jan 13 by AngelRangelQS

Nervous already

It'll be a hellish atmosphere if we're 1-0 nil up in the 89th minute and we win a penalty.👍

Then again it'll be hellish awful if we're 1-0 down at that time!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 09:00 - Jan 13 with 8187 viewsClinton

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 08:51 - Jan 13 by Edmundo

It'll be a hellish atmosphere if we're 1-0 nil up in the 89th minute and we win a penalty.👍

Then again it'll be hellish awful if we're 1-0 down at that time!

the atmosphere has always evaporated by 89 mins as people Make their way to the exits. It's their right to do so, but a fact nonetheless. There will be an accident on the concourse one day if there is a late goal.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 09:27 - Jan 13 with 8139 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 07:13 - Jan 13 by AngelRangelQS

Nervous already

Exciting innit.

Bugger all the crap. Defoe this Defoe that. We are going to stuff these turkeys tonight. The real Swansea will stand up and plant them

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 09:39 - Jan 13 with 8106 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 23:11 - Jan 12 by karnataka

Massive game of course. A win would put us above Bournemouth , 7 points above Sunderland and 4 above Newcastle.

I'd be a lot happier with that position.

This

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 09:47 - Jan 13 with 8090 viewsJackanapes

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 09:27 - Jan 13 by monmouth

Exciting innit.

Bugger all the crap. Defoe this Defoe that. We are going to stuff these turkeys tonight. The real Swansea will stand up and plant them

I wish there were more people like you that post on here. 90% of our (internet) following have emptied their bowels(in January).

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 10:09 - Jan 13 with 8036 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I just can't see us scoring !

They'll sit tight park the bus & hit us on the break .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 10:26 - Jan 13 with 8006 viewsClinton

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 10:09 - Jan 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

We will score early, no doubt, but can we please guard against conceding when they break out following one of our corners.
Also, can we try something different from our corners please. Against Spurs, I noticed Leicester had Nathan standing near the guy taking the corner. This drew the fullback out to the wing to mark him and Leicester got some joy from that. Worth a try having a man out there. Go short if the full back does not come out. Put it in the near post if the fullback comes out.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 10:27]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 10:29 - Jan 13 with 7996 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 10:26 - Jan 13 by Clinton

We will score early, no doubt, but can we please guard against conceding when they break out following one of our corners.
Also, can we try something different from our corners please. Against Spurs, I noticed Leicester had Nathan standing near the guy taking the corner. This drew the fullback out to the wing to mark him and Leicester got some joy from that. Worth a try having a man out there. Go short if the full back does not come out. Put it in the near post if the fullback comes out.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 10:27]

How about practicing accurately crossing it for one of our centre backs to nut it in like every other team does? Outlandishly novel I know.....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 10:39 - Jan 13 with 7974 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 10:29 - Jan 13 by monmouth

How about practicing accurately crossing it for one of our centre backs to nut it in like every other team does? Outlandishly novel I know.....

A good sauce reckons they will be working on that one in future...stay tuned.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 10:41 - Jan 13 with 7964 viewsHighjack

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 10:29 - Jan 13 by monmouth

But then that would take time away from our passing it back to the keeper from a promising attacking position training. We can't have it all ways.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 10:46 - Jan 13 with 7952 viewsEasternJack

I know there's a a lot of points to be played for, but I'm bricking myself over this one. Just seems so important - a win is needed to keep the momentum going and visually separate us from relegation in the league table.

Stating the obvious - this going to be a real battle of a game and hope we can get control of it with an early goal to settle the nerves.

1am KO for me. Loading up on the caffeine already.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 10:47 - Jan 13 with 7947 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Just send Fabianski up for every corner , he's been the closest to scoring from one recently

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 11:00 - Jan 13 with 7922 viewsshandyjack

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 10:47 - Jan 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

Just send Fabianski up for every corner , he's been the closest to scoring from one recently

and please for the love of god no short free kicks or corners from promising attacking positions

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 11:18 - Jan 13 with 7879 viewsQuakerJack

make an absolute racket tonight lads...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 11:19 - Jan 13 with 7876 viewsDafyddHuw

Big Sam will park the bus and rely on a breakaway. If we score first it's ours. Can't see that happening, unfortunately. Anything other than 3 points will shatter our already fragile confidence.
0-0 or maybe even 0-1. Hope I'm very very wrong.
The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 11:22 - Jan 13 with 7866 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 10:09 - Jan 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

IT is going to be tough as Fat Sam will set up to defend, waste time and foul. He is a past master at playing us but we can do it. Keep our shape and take our chances and we will be OK. It won't be pretty and we must be patient.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 11:24 - Jan 13 with 7864 viewssherpajacob

The Official Swansea City v Sunderland FC Matchday/night Thread on 11:00 - Jan 13 by shandyjack

and please for the love of god no short free kicks or corners from promising attacking positions

Free kicks I agree, if it's within siggy's range.

Corners however, our big men who go up are achieving nothing. So we may as well try and work a few short ones, get Montero, routs, Angel working one two's into the box.

The results can't be any worse than we've had so far.

Have we actually scored from a corner this season, Harry Kane excepted.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024