Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holocaust Memorial Day 19:39 - Jan 27 with 13307 viewsymaohyd

Service on now, BBC 2. Puts the hideous, greedy world of football into perspective.

Shalom aleikhem

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Holocaust Memorial Day on 19:43 - Jan 27 with 11434 viewsDarran

Great post the soldier from Cardiff on the Welsh news earlier brought a tear to my eye telling his tale.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Holocaust Memorial Day on 19:46 - Jan 27 with 11424 viewsdickythorpe

Darkest period of humanity. It's gut churning.
Holocaust Memorial Day on 19:49 - Jan 27 with 11409 viewsexiledclaseboy

Holocaust Memorial Day on 19:46 - Jan 27 by dickythorpe

Darkest period of humanity. It's gut churning.

It was. F*ck knows what it's got to do with football though.

Poll: Tory leader

Holocaust Memorial Day on 20:51 - Jan 27 with 11373 viewsSwanzay

There is a documentary on this eve on Sir Nicolas Winton on bbc one

A true hero, always remember this from 'That's Life'

Holocaust Memorial Day on 20:56 - Jan 27 with 11363 viewsymaohyd

Holocaust Memorial Day on 20:51 - Jan 27 by Swanzay

There is a documentary on this eve on Sir Nicolas Winton on bbc one

A true hero, always remember this from 'That's Life'

Thanks for sharing that

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Holocaust Memorial Day on 21:01 - Jan 27 with 11350 viewsSwanzay

Holocaust Memorial Day on 20:56 - Jan 27 by ymaohyd

Thanks for sharing that

Pleasure!

Its amazing how humble he was, not even his wife fully knew what he did back then.

Amazing and certianly puts things in perspective.
Holocaust Memorial Day on 11:14 - Jan 28 with 11306 viewsPegojack

There was a very moving and thought provoking program on BBC 4 (?) last night on two Polish Jews who escaped from Treblinka death camp.

What the Nazis did there defies belief. 850,000 men, women and children murdered. Everyone involved in running the camp who was caught after the war should have been executed immediately. In fact, they should just have been handed over to the survivors. It's amazing that some were given prison sentences instead.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 11:16]
Holocaust Memorial Day on 12:21 - Jan 28 with 11272 viewstrampie

Holocaust Memorial Day , how long has that been going then ?

Who is behind it ?, is it political ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Holocaust Memorial Day on 12:51 - Jan 28 with 11255 viewsLohengrin

Holocaust Memorial Day on 12:21 - Jan 28 by trampie

Holocaust Memorial Day , how long has that been going then ?

Who is behind it ?, is it political ?

Since about 2000, I believe? It's a fairly recent event at any rate and a rather curious one at that. I'm choosing my words quite carefully here because I don't mean to play down either the enormity or the horror of the events in question but it strikes me as rather odd that we we have a national memorial day here in remembrance of what one lot of foreigners did to another. Ghastly though that undoubtedly was.

Is it political? What do you think?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:12 - Jan 28 with 11233 viewsdickythorpe

I think the real reason for it is obvious. There were and STILL ARE POND LIFE who believe it didnt happen.
Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:20 - Jan 28 with 11229 viewsLohengrin

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:12 - Jan 28 by dickythorpe

I think the real reason for it is obvious. There were and STILL ARE POND LIFE who believe it didnt happen.

You could say the same about the Holodomor which claimed even more innocent victims yet where is the annual ceremony to remember that? Does that have equal prominence on British school curricula?

There is little virtue in trading atrocity stories, Dick, but what this does is erect a hierarchy of suffering. It's all rather distasteful.

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:28 - Jan 28 with 11220 viewsdickythorpe

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:20 - Jan 28 by Lohengrin

You could say the same about the Holodomor which claimed even more innocent victims yet where is the annual ceremony to remember that? Does that have equal prominence on British school curricula?

There is little virtue in trading atrocity stories, Dick, but what this does is erect a hierarchy of suffering. It's all rather distasteful.

Loh, denying the Holocaust ever happened is a crime. I cant speak for Holodomor.
"Hierachy of suffering" is quite a phrase......
Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:33 - Jan 28 with 11209 viewstrampie

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:12 - Jan 28 by dickythorpe

What about the Armenian Holocaust ?, or the British concentration camps in the Boer war ?, there are photos of victims of Boer war camps that are skin and bones just like photos of victims in German concentration camps.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:34 - Jan 28 with 11209 viewsLohengrin

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:28 - Jan 28 by dickythorpe

Loh, denying the Holocaust ever happened is a crime. I cant speak for Holodomor.
"Hierachy of suffering" is quite a phrase......

It's not a crime here, madness it may well indicate, but it's not a crime.

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:34 - Jan 28 with 11202 viewsdickythorpe

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:33 - Jan 28 by trampie

What about the Armenian Holocaust ?, or the British concentration camps in the Boer war ?, there are photos of victims of Boer war camps that are skin and bones just like photos of victims in German concentration camps.

Get in the "hierachy " queue mun!
Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:36 - Jan 28 with 11195 viewsdickythorpe

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:34 - Jan 28 by Lohengrin

It's not a crime here, madness it may well indicate, but it's not a crime.

I'll have to take your word for it Loh as you are far more knowledgable than myself. Could have sworn it was though.
Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:37 - Jan 28 with 11193 viewstrampie

You mention the Holodomor Lohengrin, the Irish famine is said to be a genocide by the British according to some is it not ?

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:38 - Jan 28 with 11185 viewsdickythorpe

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:37 - Jan 28 by trampie

You mention the Holodomor Lohengrin, the Irish famine is said to be a genocide by the British according to some is it not ?

Knock it off Trampie!!!
Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:39 - Jan 28 with 11185 viewsLohengrin

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:37 - Jan 28 by trampie

Well they'd be wrong. A lethargic response to a natural disaster like the potato blight is a world away from a meticulously planned Bolshevik genocide.

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:43 - Jan 28 with 11175 viewstrampie

Holocaust Memorial Day on 12:51 - Jan 28 by Lohengrin

Since about 2000, I believe? It's a fairly recent event at any rate and a rather curious one at that. I'm choosing my words quite carefully here because I don't mean to play down either the enormity or the horror of the events in question but it strikes me as rather odd that we we have a national memorial day here in remembrance of what one lot of foreigners did to another. Ghastly though that undoubtedly was.

Is it political? What do you think?

I agree with you post Lohengrin.

Is it political ?, I asked the question for others to answer.

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:55 - Jan 28 with 11152 viewstrampie

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:39 - Jan 28 by Lohengrin

Well they'd be wrong. A lethargic response to a natural disaster like the potato blight is a world away from a meticulously planned Bolshevik genocide.

Ireland was British at the time it was part of the United Kingdom, Ireland had other crops, cattle, pigs, chickens, fish etc, Britain had food yet the Irish starved, they were charged rent for land that the potato crops failed on, they would not give them licences to fish or hunt, their good food was sent around the world to feed the British Empire, particularly troops.

It was exploitation some say, the country was rich in food, it was part of Britain and Britain had one of the most powerful Empires the World had seen at the time.

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:57 - Jan 28 with 11145 viewsLohengrin

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:55 - Jan 28 by trampie

Ireland was British at the time it was part of the United Kingdom, Ireland had other crops, cattle, pigs, chickens, fish etc, Britain had food yet the Irish starved, they were charged rent for land that the potato crops failed on, they would not give them licences to fish or hunt, their good food was sent around the world to feed the British Empire, particularly troops.

It was exploitation some say, the country was rich in food, it was part of Britain and Britain had one of the most powerful Empires the World had seen at the time.

Stop reading An Phoblacht, Tramp. You'll rot your brain.

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:59 - Jan 28 with 11136 viewsHighjack

I think this holocaust day is meant to be in memorial of all genocidal acts. They should call it genocide memorial day or something like that.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Holocaust Memorial Day on 14:01 - Jan 28 with 11124 viewsHighjack

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:43 - Jan 28 by trampie

I agree with you post Lohengrin.

Is it political ?, I asked the question for others to answer.

Probably not originally as it was campaigned for by the survivors and their families but it could be used as a political tool in the same way as some use remembrance day.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Holocaust Memorial Day on 14:04 - Jan 28 with 11118 viewstrampie

Holocaust Memorial Day on 13:57 - Jan 28 by Lohengrin

Stop reading An Phoblacht, Tramp. You'll rot your brain.

Never heard of it, butt.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024