Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dry January Anyone? 07:57 - Feb 1 with 2506 viewsCooperman

Just completed mine and not as difficult as I first thought. The drive behind it is the lifestyle tweak that is required for the Velothon Wales that takes place in May.

Amazing results:
- Alcohol intake = zero
- Visits to the Indian = 1
- Distance ridden = 498km
- Longest ride = 109km
- Weight lost = 14lb

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Dry January Anyone? on 07:58 - Feb 1 with 1953 viewsbuilthjack

14lb in a month. That's impressive fair play.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Dry January Anyone? on 08:28 - Feb 1 with 1913 viewsCooperman

Dry January Anyone? on 07:58 - Feb 1 by builthjack

14lb in a month. That's impressive fair play.

It goes without saying that I was carrying some excess baggage that was regularly fuelled by snacks, curries, and ales. Most of that has gone as part of the lifestyle tweak, and this in combination with cycling over the Black Mountains etc has shifted the weight.

I don't expect February to be so good as I've got at least one 6 Nations event planned plus two long haul trips that never help things.

Dry January Anyone? on 09:08 - Feb 1 with 1867 viewsmonmouth

Dry January Anyone? on 08:28 - Feb 1 by Cooperman

It goes without saying that I was carrying some excess baggage that was regularly fuelled by snacks, curries, and ales. Most of that has gone as part of the lifestyle tweak, and this in combination with cycling over the Black Mountains etc has shifted the weight.

I don't expect February to be so good as I've got at least one 6 Nations event planned plus two long haul trips that never help things.

Careful, when you next drink or you'll be on your arse after a couple.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dry January Anyone? on 09:34 - Feb 1 with 1831 viewsdickythorpe

Well done, it cant have been easy to deprive yourself.
Dry January Anyone? on 19:08 - Feb 1 with 1740 viewsPacemaker

Second dry January for me, didn't find it too hard as I am pretty much off the booze and I am a bit of a binge drinker, if I am on a session it's going to be a heavy one, although I could have murdered a pint or 6 after the Sunderland game!

Will break it this Friday as my Palace supporting friend will be down for the weekend but will probably go dry from next week as I need to fit into my new suit for my daughters wedding in March.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2016 19:09]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Dry January Anyone? on 19:16 - Feb 1 with 1726 viewsunion_jack

Dry January Anyone? on 19:08 - Feb 1 by Pacemaker

Second dry January for me, didn't find it too hard as I am pretty much off the booze and I am a bit of a binge drinker, if I am on a session it's going to be a heavy one, although I could have murdered a pint or 6 after the Sunderland game!

Will break it this Friday as my Palace supporting friend will be down for the weekend but will probably go dry from next week as I need to fit into my new suit for my daughters wedding in March.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2016 19:09]

I've just taken my first sip since New Years Eve. Tastes a little strange funnily enough.

Glad I did it and like you didn't find it too hard. Only drinking now as I have a very bad back. Medicinal see!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Dry January Anyone? on 19:19 - Feb 1 with 1721 viewsJackfath

Personally I find it very odd so many are so vocal about being able to give up alcohol for one month.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Dry January Anyone? on 19:22 - Feb 1 with 1716 viewsunion_jack

Dry January Anyone? on 19:19 - Feb 1 by Jackfath

Personally I find it very odd so many are so vocal about being able to give up alcohol for one month.

Well tbh I thought it was going to be a big thing but not that bad in the end.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Dry January Anyone? on 19:25 - Feb 1 with 1711 viewsJackfath

Dry January Anyone? on 19:22 - Feb 1 by union_jack

Well tbh I thought it was going to be a big thing but not that bad in the end.

That's the thing. If people do find it a big thing then perhaps they should have a think about that.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Dry January Anyone? on 19:31 - Feb 1 with 1701 viewsDarran

Load of bollox in my opinion I only drink once a week anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Dry January Anyone? on 19:33 - Feb 1 with 1696 viewsCooperman

Dry January Anyone? on 19:19 - Feb 1 by Jackfath

Alcohol consumption has varying degrees of importance in our lives. On the left there are some who are teetotal who don't give it a second though, but on the right there are also some who think they rely on it.

As for me I'd put myself just right of centre on the bell curve on the basis that i) I enjoy a regular drink of low to medium intake, ii) are naturally provided with opportunities to have this intake, and iii) I'm not inconvenienced by having this drink.

So, for me this represents quite a change from the norm.

Dry January Anyone? on 19:46 - Feb 1 with 1680 viewsPacemaker

Dry January Anyone? on 19:31 - Feb 1 by Darran

Load of bollox in my opinion I only drink once a week anyway.

Why mention it then?

Dry January Anyone? on 19:53 - Feb 1 with 1669 viewsPacemaker

Dry January Anyone? on 19:33 - Feb 1 by Cooperman

Alcohol consumption has varying degrees of importance in our lives. On the left there are some who are teetotal who don't give it a second though, but on the right there are also some who think they rely on it.

As for me I'd put myself just right of centre on the bell curve on the basis that i) I enjoy a regular drink of low to medium intake, ii) are naturally provided with opportunities to have this intake, and iii) I'm not inconvenienced by having this drink.

So, for me this represents quite a change from the norm.

If you work away regularly it's almost expected that you will be in the bar every night. Which is not a good lifestyle choice. Nobody wants to sit in a hotel room every night for a couple of weeks.

Dry January Anyone? on 19:54 - Feb 1 with 1665 viewsDarran

Dry January Anyone? on 19:46 - Feb 1 by Pacemaker

Why mention it then?

Why mention you're doing it then?

Dry January Anyone? on 19:57 - Feb 1 with 1656 viewsCooperman

The subject is of interest to some and not to others. It's as simple as that.

Dry January Anyone? on 19:58 - Feb 1 with 1653 viewsJackfath

Dry January Anyone? on 19:57 - Feb 1 by Cooperman

The subject is of interest to some and not to others. It's as simple as that.

And it's great to have differing viewpoints on matters otherwise smashingly great sites like this wouldn't exist and life would be very boring indeed.

Dry January Anyone? on 20:01 - Feb 1 with 1652 viewsDarran

Dry January Anyone? on 19:58 - Feb 1 by Jackfath

And it's great to have differing viewpoints on matters otherwise smashingly great sites like this wouldn't exist and life would be very boring indeed.

Exactly and I'm disappointed Pacey snapped at me too.

Dry January Anyone? on 20:02 - Feb 1 with 1651 viewsPacemaker

Dry January Anyone? on 19:54 - Feb 1 by Darran

Why mention you're doing it then?

Copper and I were doing the Dryathalon for uk cancer charity so a worthy cause in my opinion, you and Jackfath didn't see why anyone should mention it, well a lot of people might read it and think I could do that next month or next year and give a bit of the money saved from buying beer to charity. Dicky has mentioned the will power required and he obviously likes a beer so perhaps he might take up the challenge.

You ask why mention it but then you say you only drink once a week for so e reason.

Dry January Anyone? on 20:03 - Feb 1 with 1646 viewsCooperman

Dry January Anyone? on 19:58 - Feb 1 by Jackfath

Correct.

Dry January Anyone? on 20:03 - Feb 1 with 1644 viewsDarran

Dry January Anyone? on 20:02 - Feb 1 by Pacemaker

Copper and I were doing the Dryathalon for uk cancer charity so a worthy cause in my opinion, you and Jackfath didn't see why anyone should mention it, well a lot of people might read it and think I could do that next month or next year and give a bit of the money saved from buying beer to charity. Dicky has mentioned the will power required and he obviously likes a beer so perhaps he might take up the challenge.

You ask why mention it but then you say you only drink once a week for so e reason.

I didn't know it was for charity I do apologise.

Dry January Anyone? on 20:07 - Feb 1 with 1636 viewsCooperman

That's also correct. The underlying justification for me in all of this is being able to participate in, and complete, an activity that is for a very good charitable cause. If I get some minor health benefit from it at the same time then that's a bonus.

Dry January Anyone? on 21:36 - Feb 1 with 1575 viewsdickythorpe

Dickythorpe is nowhere near ready to deprive himself. Yet I offer my respects to those that did this for charity.
Dry January Anyone? on 21:50 - Feb 1 with 1552 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Dammit I missed it. I'll have to wait til next year

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Dry January Anyone? on 21:54 - Feb 1 with 1542 viewsMrSwerve

Well my wet January went spectacularly well.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Dry January Anyone? on 22:56 - Feb 1 with 1499 viewsKingBony

Dry January Anyone? on 21:54 - Feb 1 by MrSwerve

Well my wet January went spectacularly well.

Alki

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024