Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Full house at Cardiff City stadium 20:38 - Apr 1 with 21732 viewsMillie

27,000 tickets distributed, 1, do you think they'll all turn up? And 2, do you think they'll come back next game?
Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 23:24 - Apr 4 with 1899 viewsScoobyDoo

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 22:36 - Apr 4 by TNT

Saw the OP and thought they'd resorted to playing Bingo down the road.

Must admit I do find it strange, you a Prem side that has nearly got the points you need to stay up and then there's us who have struggled all season for crowds but one game , albeit a bit of encouragement from the club, and media Wales are all over us? You'd think that really you don't exist?😁😁😁
Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 23:34 - Apr 4 with 1881 viewslondonlisa2001

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 23:24 - Apr 4 by ScoobyDoo

Must admit I do find it strange, you a Prem side that has nearly got the points you need to stay up and then there's us who have struggled all season for crowds but one game , albeit a bit of encouragement from the club, and media Wales are all over us? You'd think that really you don't exist?😁😁😁

Have to say scooby that up here, as far as the national UK media are concerned, you actually don't exist.

You may start to exist again if you reach the playoffs. If not - meh - just a city where England play rugby every other year.
Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 23:41 - Apr 4 with 1863 viewsDarran

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 23:34 - Apr 4 by londonlisa2001

Have to say scooby that up here, as far as the national UK media are concerned, you actually don't exist.

You may start to exist again if you reach the playoffs. If not - meh - just a city where England play rugby every other year.

Well down here tonight on both BBC & ITV Wales news they were the headline sports news Lis,it was quite pitiful the fuss they made over them.
The thick c*nt on ITV Nick Hartley who's probably made more mistakes in the last two years than I've ever seen in my lifetime even said that Swansea hope to get to the magic 40 points at Chelsea on Saturday.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 23:47 - Apr 4 with 1855 viewslondonlisa2001

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 23:41 - Apr 4 by Darran

Well down here tonight on both BBC & ITV Wales news they were the headline sports news Lis,it was quite pitiful the fuss they made over them.
The thick c*nt on ITV Nick Hartley who's probably made more mistakes in the last two years than I've ever seen in my lifetime even said that Swansea hope to get to the magic 40 points at Chelsea on Saturday.

Not worth worrying about Darran - the Welsh media are struggling to achieve second rate. People up here wouldn't know what division they were in to be honest unless they support a rival team.

What's the fuss about anyway? I seem to have missed it all other than I believe they gave out a stadium of free tickets so had a big crowd? Are they in the playoffs now then? Last time I looked a few weeks ago they were just outside?

I rather hope they get promoted - it went so well last time there's little to suggest it would be any different - they walked the league that year and still came bottom in the Prem.
Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 23:53 - Apr 4 with 1849 viewsDarran

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 23:47 - Apr 4 by londonlisa2001

Not worth worrying about Darran - the Welsh media are struggling to achieve second rate. People up here wouldn't know what division they were in to be honest unless they support a rival team.

What's the fuss about anyway? I seem to have missed it all other than I believe they gave out a stadium of free tickets so had a big crowd? Are they in the playoffs now then? Last time I looked a few weeks ago they were just outside?

I rather hope they get promoted - it went so well last time there's little to suggest it would be any different - they walked the league that year and still came bottom in the Prem.

I'm not worried about it Lis just stating the facts.

And going back to that Hartley fella,as a presenter it's staggering he's still in a job,I'm not advocating anyone losing their job but you've got to see this one to believe it he must make a mistake nearly everytime he's on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 00:25 - Apr 5 with 1830 viewsLoyal

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 23:24 - Apr 4 by ScoobyDoo

You keep masterbating to the controlling media whilst being controlled by what they want you to hear and see, we will keep enjoying the premier league. Remember, nobody knows about you outside of Wales, not even Welsh people.

You can't even sell-out when you give the fcking tickets away for free.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2016 0:25]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 05:55 - Apr 5 with 1777 viewsEdmundo

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 00:25 - Apr 5 by Loyal

You keep masterbating to the controlling media whilst being controlled by what they want you to hear and see, we will keep enjoying the premier league. Remember, nobody knows about you outside of Wales, not even Welsh people.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That's the disinterest level that football had got to in Cardiff. Only time it's likely to be full of paying customers is when Wales play in a critical European qualifier of which 70% of the paying public are not Cardiff fans!

I'm guilty of paying to go there! Ok.....it is for Wales, so will bear that burden.

I had to pay last night to watch our under 21's play, as did about 500 others 😉

Far more entertaining than watching anything at CCS😉

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 08:11 - Apr 5 with 1738 viewsScoobyDoo

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 23:34 - Apr 4 by londonlisa2001

Hello Lisa, thanks for the polite reply, I never mentioned London media I was just stating local news although I can see why you would think I meant national news. Play offs? Who knows, it would be a bonus if we did sneak in there but if I'm honest I think there are a couple of stronger sides than us. But you never know.
Login to get fewer ads

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 12:17 - Apr 5 with 1676 viewsGB11

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 00:25 - Apr 5 by Loyal

We will never know if you'd fill a 33k stadium in the championship though will we.

Our average in the Premier League was 27k. That was before the new stand. And we were utter shit.

Cardiff has an embarrassment of riches I'm afraid. The rugby brings millions, the football internationals could eventually go back to the millenium. The olympics had events there. A 33k stadium for Cardiff. It hosted a rugby world cup. Etc etc etc etc etc etc.

You can keep claiming that cardiff has a shit fanbase but lets be real here, the vast majority of your fans know of the promotion/premier league era, that is all. Cardiff City has far more potential than Swansea.

All clubs have glory hunters. That is the way it is.

Tick tock, tick tock.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2016 12:21]
Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 12:18 - Apr 5 with 1675 viewsblueytheblue

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 23:47 - Apr 4 by londonlisa2001

Walked the league?

We won one game in our last ten that season. The signs were pretty visible the summer spending was going to be vital and we all know how that turned out.

I've more confidence in Slade than Mackay anyway.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 12:26 - Apr 5 with 1665 viewsGB11

Hmmmmmmm

Attendances:

Year, league, average:

2015 1 20.555
2014 1 20.407
2013 1 20.370
2012 1 19.946
2011 2 15.507
2010 2 15.407
2009 2 15.187
2008 3 13.520
2007 3 12.720
2006 3 14.112
2005 3 8.458
2004 4 6.853
2003 4 5.160
2002 4 3.690
[Post edited 5 Apr 2016 12:30]
Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 13:36 - Apr 5 with 1594 viewsScoobyDoo

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 12:18 - Apr 5 by blueytheblue

Walked the league?

We won one game in our last ten that season. The signs were pretty visible the summer spending was going to be vital and we all know how that turned out.

I think if Mackay had stayed he would have kept us up, I know that was not possible though. Can't fault Slade at the moment but the only thing he has achieved so far is keep us in this division, can he take us further? Hope so.
Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 13:41 - Apr 5 with 1586 viewsblueytheblue

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 13:36 - Apr 5 by ScoobyDoo

I think if Mackay had stayed he would have kept us up, I know that was not possible though. Can't fault Slade at the moment but the only thing he has achieved so far is keep us in this division, can he take us further? Hope so.

Eh?

Prior to Mackay going we started leaking goals. Teams had worked out how to play against us. No plan B.

Adopting a Rourke's Drift approach and hoping to then hit on the break with strikers that were lower Prem quality at best wasn't a viable strategy.

The only thing Slade has achieved is keeping us in the division? I must be dreaming our current league position then given he's had to cut the squad numbers, lower the wage bill all the while with no real options up front and facing a hostile press and fanbase. Given the entire context and circumstances, Slade has done a fantastic job and deserves recognition for that.

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 13:46 - Apr 5 with 1584 viewslondonlisa2001

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 12:18 - Apr 5 by blueytheblue

Walked the league?

Yeah but you won the league and were so in control at that point I assume you switched off a bit.

You'd have stayed up if you'd kept Malky I think. The problem last time was the stupid over expectation. Instead of being grateful to stay up and build, people started talking about potential and reaching Champions League etc etc.

You can see it in this thread where 'normal' supporters like you and scooby are joined by complete muppets like that GB idiot.

As I say, I'd quite like you to come up - don't have a problem with it at all. Haven't seen you at all really this season (I watched a bit of one live match but can't remember who it was against - it was a draw) so no idea how many players you'd need or whether Slade would do Ok or not.
Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 13:53 - Apr 5 with 1572 viewsblueytheblue

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 13:46 - Apr 5 by londonlisa2001

Yeah but you won the league and were so in control at that point I assume you switched off a bit.

You'd have stayed up if you'd kept Malky I think. The problem last time was the stupid over expectation. Instead of being grateful to stay up and build, people started talking about potential and reaching Champions League etc etc.

You can see it in this thread where 'normal' supporters like you and scooby are joined by complete muppets like that GB idiot.

As I say, I'd quite like you to come up - don't have a problem with it at all. Haven't seen you at all really this season (I watched a bit of one live match but can't remember who it was against - it was a draw) so no idea how many players you'd need or whether Slade would do Ok or not.

We didn't switch off, just that everyone else around us was playing like crap too. Me and some mates were even joking that it seemed nobody wanted to get promoted that season.

Disagree on Mackay as I said before, we were starting to leak goals and had zero plan B. tried to hit on the break whilst lacking pace and a Prem quality finisher. Not a good combination. We lacked variety in the squad, everything was very much like for like with little pace.

Player wise I personally think we're better off than the Mackay squad but the obvious need is a striker. We've some very solid players in the squad now, the likes of Peltier who isn't afraid to get into those crunching tackles. O'Keefe has given some missing steel in midfield. Would we need some better quality? Maybe 3, 4 players but up front has to be the priority. Maybe if we did go up this season for me it would be a season too early.

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 14:06 - Apr 5 with 1552 viewslondonlisa2001

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 13:53 - Apr 5 by blueytheblue

We didn't switch off, just that everyone else around us was playing like crap too. Me and some mates were even joking that it seemed nobody wanted to get promoted that season.

Disagree on Mackay as I said before, we were starting to leak goals and had zero plan B. tried to hit on the break whilst lacking pace and a Prem quality finisher. Not a good combination. We lacked variety in the squad, everything was very much like for like with little pace.

Player wise I personally think we're better off than the Mackay squad but the obvious need is a striker. We've some very solid players in the squad now, the likes of Peltier who isn't afraid to get into those crunching tackles. O'Keefe has given some missing steel in midfield. Would we need some better quality? Maybe 3, 4 players but up front has to be the priority. Maybe if we did go up this season for me it would be a season too early.

You stared to leak goals etc because you were a newly promoted club without a PL quality squad - it happens to everyone. The thing that I thought Malky gave you was fight and that may have been enough. OGS was awful - I'm thankful in many ways he came to you as I always thought there was a real danger he'd end up with us and it put paid to that!

Anyway - he obviously had to go because of the other stuff (and don't get me wrong - he's a pig of a bloke).

As I said, I genuinely don't know who's who this year - not only you but the whole division really. Been more concerned with watching our fortunes.

If you don't come up this year it'll be hard next year (for everyone) as the team's coming down would be very likely to be the ones to come back up I would imagine. If you get into the playoffs then who knows - as we saw, anything can happen.
Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 14:39 - Apr 5 with 1534 viewsblueytheblue

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 14:06 - Apr 5 by londonlisa2001

You stared to leak goals etc because you were a newly promoted club without a PL quality squad - it happens to everyone. The thing that I thought Malky gave you was fight and that may have been enough. OGS was awful - I'm thankful in many ways he came to you as I always thought there was a real danger he'd end up with us and it put paid to that!

Anyway - he obviously had to go because of the other stuff (and don't get me wrong - he's a pig of a bloke).

As I said, I genuinely don't know who's who this year - not only you but the whole division really. Been more concerned with watching our fortunes.

If you don't come up this year it'll be hard next year (for everyone) as the team's coming down would be very likely to be the ones to come back up I would imagine. If you get into the playoffs then who knows - as we saw, anything can happen.

Malky didn't give us fight, Malky gave us "for god sake defend and hope to hit on the break". Except we lacked a clinical striker. Except we lacked any pace in the squad to counter attack with. Once the defence started conceding it was game over.

You could see what Ole was trying to do - we needed to win games. problem was I think his view was the Man Yoo way could work for us; have a large squad, be able to rest players. The problem was the players he brought in weren't that good certainly not to be anything more than depth. Resting players may have worked for Molde, in our state you couldn't do that in the Prem or the Championship.

It was almost as if we went from no options under Mackay to too many options under Ole; Slade has now gone "sod that, core of focused professionals". If we did go up, without a goalscorer we'll be toast. Saadi was a punt, in very limited time looked promising but it's concerning he's not coming off the bench when our strikers are Pilkington and Immers, two midfielders.

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 18:22 - Apr 5 with 1459 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 12:26 - Apr 5 by GB11

Hmmmmmmm

Attendances:

Year, league, average:

2015 1 20.555
2014 1 20.407
2013 1 20.370
2012 1 19.946
2011 2 15.507
2010 2 15.407
2009 2 15.187
2008 3 13.520
2007 3 12.720
2006 3 14.112
2005 3 8.458
2004 4 6.853
2003 4 5.160
2002 4 3.690
[Post edited 5 Apr 2016 12:30]

Yes , and for three years in the 1990's you averaged 3.5k. Wearing blue and all. Some fanbase eh?

The thing is mate there is hardly ANY support for CCFC inside Cardiff itself as it's always been more of a rugby town. This is why you've relied for years on the valleys to bump up your support. But that has always been a shared catchment area in reality. You , us and the PL sides and their wannabee glory hunters. Unfortunately for you lot when you blew promotion in 2010 you lost the chance to bury us support wise in the valleys but the opposite happened because we got promoted in front of you.

Add to that your disastrous only year in the PL and the floating fans saw you for the joke club that you are with your changing kit and badge. What happened to your glory hunters then? From 27k average in the PL to more like 14 k this year in the Championship. Fire and Passion mun!

We have been consistent in everything we do and although we should have expanded by at least 5k we know that if the money becomes available for us to do it we will expand. The difference between us and you is we will keep those new fans because we are more ambitious football wise, i.e. by trying to make ourselves a long term fixture in the Premier League.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 19:07 - Apr 5 with 1433 viewsJoe_bradshaw

They let a load of people in for nothing for one game and suddenly they're on here wanting to talk about attendances again.

They haven't wanted to talk about football for at least six years for obvious reasons.

Bluey and Scoobs excepted of course.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 19:12 - Apr 5 with 1422 viewsScoobyDoo

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 13:41 - Apr 5 by blueytheblue

Eh?

Prior to Mackay going we started leaking goals. Teams had worked out how to play against us. No plan B.

Adopting a Rourke's Drift approach and hoping to then hit on the break with strikers that were lower Prem quality at best wasn't a viable strategy.

The only thing Slade has achieved is keeping us in the division? I must be dreaming our current league position then given he's had to cut the squad numbers, lower the wage bill all the while with no real options up front and facing a hostile press and fanbase. Given the entire context and circumstances, Slade has done a fantastic job and deserves recognition for that.

Yeah eh to you too.

Watching Cardiff under Slade at the moment is pleasing i'll grant you that, but it hasn't been a picnic all his tenure has it? Crowds haven't dropped off drastically due to the fact the price freeze finished, they dropped off because we were playing some turgid stuff, it was so boring it would have sent a glass eye to sleep (bet that goes down well on here). I knew s/t holders that weren't bothering to turn up because of it.

We started leaking goals under Mackay? well it seems most of our heavier defeats came after he went. We would not have lost home games to Hull, Palace and West Ham in the manner that we did if he had still been with us and for my mind losing those games were the reason we went down, not losing to the big teams. When Mackay was with us we were never in the bottom three although the January fixtures that came directly after the sacking would probably have seen us go there but the fact is we were never there under his tenure.
Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 19:12 - Apr 5 with 1419 viewsblueytheblue

Talking about attendances is pointless. Only acid test will be should you get relegated.

If you did I suspect your attendances would drop - let's be honest, looking at the bad old days when both in the lowest division, both of us have a small hardcore diehard following with plenty who have magically become lifetime fans as we've both progressed up the divisions.

Until the day you do relegate, we'll never know...

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 19:17 - Apr 5 with 1412 viewsmonmouth

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 19:07 - Apr 5 by Joe_bradshaw

They let a load of people in for nothing for one game and suddenly they're on here wanting to talk about attendances again.

They haven't wanted to talk about football for at least six years for obvious reasons.

Bluey and Scoobs excepted of course.

Scooby's always on about attendances. It's his comfort blanket. Their 13000 paying average this year is better than ours was in 1976, or something. Like ours is finishing higher than them, being a better football club than them, and making them an utter irrelevance over the last 6 years...except for the year when they came for us obviously. That went well.

Personally I like our comfort blanket better.

Two small to middling clubs, with thousands of fickle fans, that will never be 'big' as the appetite just isn't there. Everybody knows it. We accept it. They never will as they have to cling on to the sleeping giant shit. They have nothing else.

That taffpunk poster is a good addition mind. Sensible, amusing and likes decent music.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 19:19 - Apr 5 with 1410 viewsmonmouth

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 19:12 - Apr 5 by blueytheblue

Talking about attendances is pointless. Only acid test will be should you get relegated.

If you did I suspect your attendances would drop - let's be honest, looking at the bad old days when both in the lowest division, both of us have a small hardcore diehard following with plenty who have magically become lifetime fans as we've both progressed up the divisions.

Until the day you do relegate, we'll never know...

It's not an acid test. Unless we were up the top in the first season, we'd be getting similar to you. We all know it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 19:35 - Apr 5 with 1386 viewsLoyal

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 19:17 - Apr 5 by monmouth

Scooby's always on about attendances. It's his comfort blanket. Their 13000 paying average this year is better than ours was in 1976, or something. Like ours is finishing higher than them, being a better football club than them, and making them an utter irrelevance over the last 6 years...except for the year when they came for us obviously. That went well.

Two small to middling clubs, with thousands of fickle fans, that will never be 'big' as the appetite just isn't there. Everybody knows it. We accept it. They never will as they have to cling on to the sleeping giant shit. They have nothing else.

That taffpunk poster is a good addition mind. Sensible, amusing and likes decent music.

Taff Punk quality bloke and runs a very decent record shop.
Scooby - Internet warrior and you sum him up perfectly.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 19:47 - Apr 5 with 1370 viewsScoobyDoo

Full house at Cardiff City stadium on 19:17 - Apr 5 by monmouth

Right Mon what are you banging on about now? I just merely pointed out to Bluey that our crowds had dropped because of what we were producing on the pitch.

Try reading it again, but slowly this time, there's a good lad.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024