Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guido for next season 16:32 - May 1 with 12349 viewscockneyswan

I think Guidolin must be given the chance to continue as our manager. He has done everything that has been asked of him ( kept us up). After today's performance I believe he must be offered the job for next season.
Guido for next season on 11:33 - May 2 with 1275 viewsjojaca

Performances have been up and down under Guidolin, one week I'm thinking enough is enough and then yesterday they pull it back again. The only negative towards him is he is no spring chicken, if your look for long term stability.

Even when you know, you never know?

Guido for next season on 11:33 - May 2 with 1275 viewsjack247

Guido for next season on 11:08 - May 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

Do you think so ?

Villa home was a superb display .

I could go on .

Yes I do.

If you are judging him negatively on a game we won, then he really has no chance.
Guido for next season on 11:34 - May 2 with 1275 viewsOldjack

Guido for next season on 11:24 - May 2 by Darran

and if he did it's ridiculous.

Did he really though just because Curtis said he did to the media it doesn't actualkg mean it's true.

Are calling Curt a liar ?disgraceful

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Guido for next season on 11:34 - May 2 with 1274 viewscockneyswan

Guido for next season on 11:29 - May 2 by Dewi1jack

"Littered with reserves. That really says it all."

Yes now look at the cost of those reserves not forgetting that a certain manager being touted to come back here spent over £300 million on putting his squad together. Not including the players he'd inherited.

Clyne £15 million, Skrtel £9 Million, Lovren £9 million, Lucas £9 million, Ibe £5 million
Benteke £32 odd million, Sturridge £18 million, Coutinho £24 million

Whilst I seem to think that our 2out of 3 of our most expensive buys (Fede and Alberto, about £8 million each) weren't on the pitch, leaving Siggy as our most expensive player.
We slaughtered a team whose so called "reserves" beat Stoke.
If we'd have played all season how we played yesterday, we'd have been challenging for the Euro spots as well.
FG was allowed to bring in 1 player
He inherited a group that was unfit, not fuggin bothered, lazy, unprofessional overpaid primadonnas.
And out of that shower of sh1te he's managed to keep us up and got them playing some sublime football against the EL semi finalists who are one of the biggest and most successful teams in Europe.

Your opening sentence was very condescending.

Good post👍 I couldn't have put it any better thanks.
Guido for next season on 11:52 - May 2 with 1236 viewsWarwickHunt

Guido for next season on 11:34 - May 2 by Oldjack

It's football, see - being a lying, devious, two-faced c*nt is compulsory. Innit, Dar?
Guido for next season on 11:53 - May 2 with 1234 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 11:34 - May 2 by Oldjack

It's called football talk Alan it happens.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guido for next season on 11:54 - May 2 with 1231 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Guido for next season on 10:51 - May 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

A win against liverpool reserves and the last 2 appauling displays are forgotten

It's a big no from me .

You obviously dislike Guidolin for whatever reason, after all it can't, just can't be anything to do with the players can it.
It is all down to the manager in your eyes, he made special mention in his post match interview defending "his" players, about how people were saying that the players "were on the beach" and saying it wasn't true.
But for those 2 games it was true, I think they were so embarrassed by being thrashed 7:0 they had to do better at home or they would probably have started up the boo boys again and they really showed what they can do.
Guido for next season on 11:55 - May 2 with 1223 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 11:54 - May 2 by A_Fans_Dad

You obviously dislike Guidolin for whatever reason, after all it can't, just can't be anything to do with the players can it.
It is all down to the manager in your eyes, he made special mention in his post match interview defending "his" players, about how people were saying that the players "were on the beach" and saying it wasn't true.
But for those 2 games it was true, I think they were so embarrassed by being thrashed 7:0 they had to do better at home or they would probably have started up the boo boys again and they really showed what they can do.

No we need to get rid of several players too.

Login to get fewer ads

Guido for next season on 12:19 - May 2 with 1172 viewsDewi1jack

Guido for next season on 11:55 - May 2 by Darran

No we need to get rid of several players too.

Yes, but not as many as I'd feared
And in one of your other posts about us not needing major surgery, yesterday convinced me that I was wrong and that we actually don't.
A lot of the players will make up a good set of reserves to give the cups a really good go, as well as being capable of coming in to cover suspensions/ injuries etc

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Guido for next season on 12:21 - May 2 with 1168 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 12:19 - May 2 by Dewi1jack

Yes, but not as many as I'd feared
And in one of your other posts about us not needing major surgery, yesterday convinced me that I was wrong and that we actually don't.
A lot of the players will make up a good set of reserves to give the cups a really good go, as well as being capable of coming in to cover suspensions/ injuries etc

Indeed.

Guido for next season on 12:23 - May 2 with 1165 viewsjasper_T

Clearly we should be thanking Monk instead of Guidolin as Garry pushed to sign Jack Cork.
Guido for next season on 12:27 - May 2 with 1152 viewssnork44

Guido for next season on 10:50 - May 2 by Darran

Starsky this is not about getting rid of FG it's about the fact that people like Icecold don't like Rodgers.
If the club had announced a month ago that Bielsa Emery was the manager for next season you wouldn't be hearing a peep out of most of them.

It's not a case of not liking Rodgers, if he was asked in January and couldn't come because of some agreement that was made by him and Liverpool that he could not manage another Premier League team this season,then fair enough! But if the reason was that he didn't have balls to take over a struggling team in the relegation zone as it would tarnish his CV,then in your famous words ' fuk him'! But Guidolin has done the job he was asked to do and has been treated disgracefully by Huw Jenkins and the board. The guy has been kept in the dark and now the media darling is on the scene at the end of the season we are going after him like a love struck teenager swooning after an old flame!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Guido for next season on 12:28 - May 2 with 1150 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 12:27 - May 2 by snork44

It's not a case of not liking Rodgers, if he was asked in January and couldn't come because of some agreement that was made by him and Liverpool that he could not manage another Premier League team this season,then fair enough! But if the reason was that he didn't have balls to take over a struggling team in the relegation zone as it would tarnish his CV,then in your famous words ' fuk him'! But Guidolin has done the job he was asked to do and has been treated disgracefully by Huw Jenkins and the board. The guy has been kept in the dark and now the media darling is on the scene at the end of the season we are going after him like a love struck teenager swooning after an old flame!

Don't be daft it's called football FFS.

Guido for next season on 12:39 - May 2 with 1116 viewssnork44

Guido for next season on 12:28 - May 2 by Darran

Don't be daft it's called football FFS.

No Darran it is called basic human decency, the guy has done a good job in keeping us up, now he asking to continue the job, but no HJ is big buttys with Brendan and he will more than likely get the gig.

Guido for next season on 12:42 - May 2 with 1104 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 12:39 - May 2 by snork44

No Darran it is called basic human decency, the guy has done a good job in keeping us up, now he asking to continue the job, but no HJ is big buttys with Brendan and he will more than likely get the gig.

I couldn't give a f*ck who gets the gig as long as they do a good job on the field of play.
Honestly really couldn't care less and I'm sure deep down FG doesn't either especially when he picks up his bonus bunce.

Guido for next season on 13:18 - May 2 with 1051 viewsAngelRangelQS

Guido for next season on 12:42 - May 2 by Darran

I couldn't give a f*ck who gets the gig as long as they do a good job on the field of play.
Honestly really couldn't care less and I'm sure deep down FG doesn't either especially when he picks up his bonus bunce.

But FG came here to save the day so he 100% must take the job and we aren't allowed to talk to anyone else.

FFS he's been paid a massive amount to come here and do a job for 6 months and done his career the world of good. You could swear he's done it all out of the goodness of his heart and loyalty to the badge listening to some people
Guido for next season on 13:29 - May 2 with 1023 viewsWarwickHunt

Guido for next season on 12:39 - May 2 by snork44

Brendan knows the club's "ethos", mun.

Oh, hang on...
Guido for next season on 13:39 - May 2 with 995 viewsrossshaw

I disagree with the OP. Sorry.

Trundle could still do a job..

Guido for next season on 13:41 - May 2 with 990 viewssnork44

Guido for next season on 12:42 - May 2 by Darran

HJ may be thinking that Monk had the job under similar circumstances I:e keeping us up and being offered the job permanently. The difference between Guidolin and Monk is experience or lack of experience in Monks case! I have no beef with Rodgers the guy was brilliant for us and he may be brilliant if or when he gets the gig again. It is just the way FG has been treated that leaves a sour taste, to be dangled the carrot of a permenant position when your employed if you keep us up and then giving it to someone is a bit tacky to say the least! FG should have been treated with a bit more honesty and respect.

Guido for next season on 13:50 - May 2 with 972 viewsjack247

Guido for next season on 13:18 - May 2 by AngelRangelQS

But FG came here to save the day so he 100% must take the job and we aren't allowed to talk to anyone else.

FFS he's been paid a massive amount to come here and do a job for 6 months and done his career the world of good. You could swear he's done it all out of the goodness of his heart and loyalty to the badge listening to some people

Nobody said that, you just made it up.
Guido for next season on 13:53 - May 2 with 914 viewsPhil_S

Guido for next season on 16:53 - May 1 by WarwickHunt

Imagine the grief on here if we put attacking subs on and conceded a couple of late goals.

We won 3-1.

Imagine the reaction had Garry Monk made that call...;-)
Guido for next season on 13:59 - May 2 with 891 viewsjack247

Guido for next season on 13:53 - May 2 by Phil_S

Imagine the reaction had Garry Monk made that call...;-)

If anybody, bar Guidolin had made that substitution and we had won 3-1, they would be lauded for out thinking Klopp.

Guido gets accused of negativity for not hunting a fourth!
Guido for next season on 14:06 - May 2 with 874 viewsPhil_S

Guido for next season on 13:59 - May 2 by jack247

If anybody, bar Guidolin had made that substitution and we had won 3-1, they would be lauded for out thinking Klopp.

Guido gets accused of negativity for not hunting a fourth!

Like pretty much every one of our managers in the past 10 years he has those that rate him and those that don't

For me, yesterday was a strong performance, we sat back too much in the first 20 minutes of the second half but as has been said we are never going to be on the front foot for 90 minutes at this level

Would I keep him on? I would make sure that next season we are led by the best people for the job top to bottom
Guido for next season on 14:27 - May 2 with 838 viewsjasper_T

Guido for next season on 14:06 - May 2 by Phil_S

Like pretty much every one of our managers in the past 10 years he has those that rate him and those that don't

For me, yesterday was a strong performance, we sat back too much in the first 20 minutes of the second half but as has been said we are never going to be on the front foot for 90 minutes at this level

Would I keep him on? I would make sure that next season we are led by the best people for the job top to bottom

What a lovely diplomatic non-answer.
Guido for next season on 14:29 - May 2 with 832 viewsPhil_S

Guido for next season on 14:27 - May 2 by jasper_T

What a lovely diplomatic non-answer.

Thanks but was there a question before it? After all I did give my opinion in there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024