Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guido for next season 16:32 - May 1 with 12348 viewscockneyswan

I think Guidolin must be given the chance to continue as our manager. He has done everything that has been asked of him ( kept us up). After today's performance I believe he must be offered the job for next season.
Guido for next season on 14:29 - May 2 with 1275 viewsWarwickHunt

Guido for next season on 13:53 - May 2 by Phil_S

Imagine the reaction had Garry Monk made that call...;-)

He'd have probably brought Bartley on - assuming he didn't start like.
Guido for next season on 14:29 - May 2 with 1274 viewslondonlisa2001

Guido for next season on 14:27 - May 2 by jasper_T

What a lovely diplomatic non-answer.

He's obviously off
Guido for next season on 14:45 - May 2 with 1239 viewsjasper_T

Guido for next season on 14:29 - May 2 by Phil_S

Thanks but was there a question before it? After all I did give my opinion in there

You asked yourself a question and then danced around answering it. It was very professional-looking.
Guido for next season on 14:54 - May 2 with 1214 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guido for next season on 13:29 - May 2 by WarwickHunt

Brendan knows the club's "ethos", mun.

Oh, hang on...

What, spreading it about a bit? Yes, the more I think of it the more he's made for it!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Guido for next season on 15:08 - May 2 with 1187 viewsPhil_S

Guido for next season on 14:45 - May 2 by jasper_T

You asked yourself a question and then danced around answering it. It was very professional-looking.

No i asked myself a question and then answered it very clearly. Maybe the sun was in your eyes?
Guido for next season on 15:11 - May 2 with 1178 viewslondonlisa2001

Guido for next season on 15:08 - May 2 by Phil_S

No i asked myself a question and then answered it very clearly. Maybe the sun was in your eyes?

You really didn't :-)
Guido for next season on 15:15 - May 2 with 1162 viewsPhil_S

Guido for next season on 15:11 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

You really didn't :-)

No I really did. We need the best people in place top to bottom was what I said.

I couldnt possibly say if FG was the best person without knowing what alternatives we have - if any.

You're all craving for a name and not able to see the question was answered
Guido for next season on 15:38 - May 2 with 1127 viewslondonlisa2001

Guido for next season on 15:15 - May 2 by Phil_S

No I really did. We need the best people in place top to bottom was what I said.

I couldnt possibly say if FG was the best person without knowing what alternatives we have - if any.

There is a fairly obvious alternative though to be fair, so it's possible to comment between those two at least.

(now it might be that he's not really an alternative, and his new partner has always wanted to spend time in Swansea in the rain - bit like Paris in the Springtime).

I'm not craving for a name though - it's not like we have to wait for very long before finding out after all. It doesn't mean it's not quite interesting to speculate.
Login to get fewer ads

Guido for next season on 15:49 - May 2 with 1103 viewsPhil_S

Guido for next season on 15:38 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

There is a fairly obvious alternative though to be fair, so it's possible to comment between those two at least.

(now it might be that he's not really an alternative, and his new partner has always wanted to spend time in Swansea in the rain - bit like Paris in the Springtime).

I'm not craving for a name though - it's not like we have to wait for very long before finding out after all. It doesn't mean it's not quite interesting to speculate.

Ah so the question I didnt answer was one that wasnt asked? But you want to know whether I think Guidolin is a better option than Rodgers?

In which case the answer is yes
Guido for next season on 15:58 - May 2 with 1084 viewslondonlisa2001

Guido for next season on 15:49 - May 2 by Phil_S

Ah so the question I didnt answer was one that wasnt asked? But you want to know whether I think Guidolin is a better option than Rodgers?

In which case the answer is yes

Well I wasn't besides myself with anticipation or anything, but that's been the context of discussion for the past 24 hours

I agree with you on the general point of course - said before that it's one thing if we ditch Guidolin and bring in Emery, quite another if it's Rodgers in my view.

I fear that I may be disappointed though.
Guido for next season on 16:01 - May 2 with 1067 viewsPhil_S

Guido for next season on 15:58 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

Well I wasn't besides myself with anticipation or anything, but that's been the context of discussion for the past 24 hours

I agree with you on the general point of course - said before that it's one thing if we ditch Guidolin and bring in Emery, quite another if it's Rodgers in my view.

I fear that I may be disappointed though.

"Well I wasn't besides myself with anticipation or anything, but that's been the context of discussion for the past 24 hours "

Wasnt the question though I was answering - got bored of that at yesterday's match
Guido for next season on 16:05 - May 2 with 1037 viewslondonlisa2001

Guido for next season on 16:01 - May 2 by Phil_S

"Well I wasn't besides myself with anticipation or anything, but that's been the context of discussion for the past 24 hours "

Wasnt the question though I was answering - got bored of that at yesterday's match

occupational hazard I assume.
Guido for next season on 16:08 - May 2 with 1022 viewsPhil_S

Guido for next season on 16:05 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

occupational hazard I assume.

At the moment yes!
Guido for next season on 16:09 - May 2 with 1011 viewsjasper_T

Guido for next season on 15:15 - May 2 by Phil_S

"We need the best people" is not an answer to your own question of "Would I keep Guidolin on". You addressed the question without answering it. Classic politician-speak, I was impressed.

But I hope you're enjoying that stick up your rear. Try not to keep it up there too long or you might do yourself some damage.
Guido for next season on 16:13 - May 2 with 998 viewslondonlisa2001

Guido for next season on 16:08 - May 2 by Phil_S

At the moment yes!

What a boring question to ask you though.

I'd be more likely to ask if you have any reason to know anything about AEG...
Guido for next season on 16:36 - May 2 with 950 viewsPhil_S

Guido for next season on 16:09 - May 2 by jasper_T

"We need the best people" is not an answer to your own question of "Would I keep Guidolin on". You addressed the question without answering it. Classic politician-speak, I was impressed.

But I hope you're enjoying that stick up your rear. Try not to keep it up there too long or you might do yourself some damage.

Ooo aren't you quite the touchy one? Never mind eh
Guido for next season on 17:12 - May 2 with 891 viewstrampie

Keeping Guido on depends if there is anyone else out there prepared to come to Swansea that the decision makers deem to be a better bet.
Apparently Guido is only on a contract until the summer, if so then nobody is getting sacked [rightly so], his contract would simply come to an end.
If somebody out there is judged to be better than Guido then Guido go's, if nobody out there is judged to be better than Guido [that is prepared to take the job] then Guido stays.

One thing, if Guido does go he was good for Swansea [keeping the Swans up] and Swansea was good for him as he has improved his CV and increased his chances of getting a good job if he does not get the Swansea manger job due to the opportunity the Swans gave him to manage in the Premier League.

It looks very likely he will go and if so he will go with the best wishes of the Swans fans i'm sure, if he stays then I'm sure Swans fans will be right behind him at the start of next season [same for any manager things can change during the season but he should get the backing to start with].

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Guido for next season on 19:00 - May 2 with 833 viewsDavillin

Guido for next season on 10:38 - May 2 by Starsky

"Credit where credits due?"
What's that got to do with appointing our next manager?
We have to appoint the best possible candidate for the job.
Guidolin has another 2 games to show how he can set his teams up without the relegation threat.
Why wouldn't we observe and wait until the end of season?

[Sorry that I clicked the down-arrow by mistake. I intended to click the reply button but was distracted by composing my post in my head.]

In my opinion, one cannot judge what Guidolin would do next year by what he will do with the final two games simply because they're still "hand-me-down" players.

It is also my opinion that he has demonstrated what he would do next years many times over, here and in Italia. He's a winner.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Guido for next season on 19:01 - May 2 with 828 viewsDavillin

Guido for next season on 10:43 - May 2 by A_Fans_Dad

Because it looks like they are not waiting, the decision has already been made, in fact it looks very much as if it was made even before he volunteered for the job.
But they still dangled the carrot of "we will review it at the ened of the season", which looks more and more like typical current two faced Board behavoir.

If true, very, very sad. Disappointing, really -- if true.

Guido for next season on 19:04 - May 2 with 820 viewsDavillin

Guido for next season on 10:55 - May 2 by Dr_Winston

Just like two appalling displays and dragging the team out of the shit into mid-table safety is forgotten?

Up-click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click.

Guido for next season on 19:07 - May 2 with 815 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guido for next season on 19:00 - May 2 by Davillin

[Sorry that I clicked the down-arrow by mistake. I intended to click the reply button but was distracted by composing my post in my head.]

In my opinion, one cannot judge what Guidolin would do next year by what he will do with the final two games simply because they're still "hand-me-down" players.

It is also my opinion that he has demonstrated what he would do next years many times over, here and in Italia. He's a winner.

I think some eager to get rid are missing out on a huge plus the FG has in his favour - he can sign players cheaply and develop them into very good players. I'm surprised Huw hasn't even taken that into consideration. Withing a year or two we could be a completely refreshed club with saleable assets once more.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Guido for next season on 19:21 - May 2 with 802 viewsDavillin

Guido for next season on 13:18 - May 2 by AngelRangelQS

But FG came here to save the day so he 100% must take the job and we aren't allowed to talk to anyone else.

FFS he's been paid a massive amount to come here and do a job for 6 months and done his career the world of good. You could swear he's done it all out of the goodness of his heart and loyalty to the badge listening to some people

Here's what you might have left off the end of your last sentence:

"And now he's walking away from Swansea laughing at having made his bundle the easy way."

But, of course, which he hasn't done.
[Post edited 2 May 2016 19:28]

Guido for next season on 19:33 - May 2 with 767 viewstomdickharry

Guido for next season on 17:12 - May 2 by trampie

Keeping Guido on depends if there is anyone else out there prepared to come to Swansea that the decision makers deem to be a better bet.
Apparently Guido is only on a contract until the summer, if so then nobody is getting sacked [rightly so], his contract would simply come to an end.
If somebody out there is judged to be better than Guido then Guido go's, if nobody out there is judged to be better than Guido [that is prepared to take the job] then Guido stays.

One thing, if Guido does go he was good for Swansea [keeping the Swans up] and Swansea was good for him as he has improved his CV and increased his chances of getting a good job if he does not get the Swansea manger job due to the opportunity the Swans gave him to manage in the Premier League.

It looks very likely he will go and if so he will go with the best wishes of the Swans fans i'm sure, if he stays then I'm sure Swans fans will be right behind him at the start of next season [same for any manager things can change during the season but he should get the backing to start with].

Who's the judge?
Guido for next season on 19:49 - May 2 with 734 viewstrampie

Guido for next season on 19:33 - May 2 by tomdickharry

Who's the judge?

Whatever person or persons that have the authority to appoint Swansea's next manager.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Guido for next season on 19:49 - May 2 with 732 viewsjackrabbit

Guido for next season on 16:37 - May 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's a no from me

Naughton for Montero

F@cking hell

"Baffled by the amount of people crying for Modou Barrow to come on when Liverpool just showed us that they can take it to a 1 goal game on a set piece. 2 goals were ours to lose and Jeff for Naughton proved effective in taking the pressure off Rangel whose side had been our weakest link all game."

From another website - another viewpoint. One I happen to agree with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024