Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford 10:26 - May 13 with 5266 viewsJJJack

Bit strange but was looking inevitable of late. Maybe Watford would have gone Franco. Probably safer that we sorted this out as early as we have.
Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 10:29 - May 13 with 4050 viewsepaul

Crazy kept them up and semi of FA cup yet that was deemed as not good enough!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 10:31 - May 13 with 4036 viewsPegojack

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 10:29 - May 13 by epaul

Crazy kept them up and semi of FA cup yet that was deemed as not good enough!

All true, but they have looked like a bit of a busted flush of late. I think they would have been every pundit's favourite for one of the relegation slots next season, and probably still will be.
Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 10:32 - May 13 with 4034 viewsJJJack

It seems a bit ambiguous as to whether he jumped or was pushed. Talkshoite saying maybe going to Valencia
Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 10:38 - May 13 with 4009 viewsicecoldjack

I rate him as a manager and don't think he could have done much better for a newly promoted team. He also had to blend in something like 11 new players, many of whom would probably be a bit fatuiged by the long prem season.

Like with us, the more you throw the managerial dice the more chance you have of picking a dud, let's hope that happens to them and they take one of the relegation places next season,not that I have anything against watford mind.
Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 10:39 - May 13 with 4008 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Hasn't looked that bad since he arrived. Done a good job with Watford, but then again, they sacked the previous manager once promotion was achieved.

If the board hadn't have given Frankie the gig, wouldn't have minded seeing Flores here.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 10:51 - May 13 with 3964 viewsTheKirkyLife

Bad run of games because they have been found out but did the job in the first half of he season. With Summer coming up why sack?
Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:28 - May 13 with 3856 viewstomdickharry

Really difficult to now exactly what clubs want from the Manager,did well to keep them in the PL just as Guido did well to keep us there (with Curt's Asst) probably get a large compo.cheque
Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:31 - May 13 with 3845 viewsLord_Bony

A lot of rumours about FG replacing Flores...I think that would have happened if we had not offered him a new contract here....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:35 - May 13 with 3824 viewsDarran

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:31 - May 13 by Lord_Bony

A lot of rumours about FG replacing Flores...I think that would have happened if we had not offered him a new contract here....

FG was definitely going to Watford it was a 'done deal' I heard.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:39 - May 13 with 3816 viewswaynekerr55

Football is truly f*cked when a promoted team stays up at a canter and gets to the FA Cup semi final, yet that's not good enough.

Barmy

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:42 - May 13 with 3801 viewsKGriz16

there's more that goes on behind closed doors than we realise. if he was going to be sacked, surely they would have waited until after sunday, he's probably got himself a new job elsewhere. failing that - watford have been very poor since xmas, and have been lucky to have scraped the points in order to stay up. they were poor when they played at the liberty and we should have beaten them by more.
Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:47 - May 13 with 3793 viewswaynekerr55

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:42 - May 13 by KGriz16

there's more that goes on behind closed doors than we realise. if he was going to be sacked, surely they would have waited until after sunday, he's probably got himself a new job elsewhere. failing that - watford have been very poor since xmas, and have been lucky to have scraped the points in order to stay up. they were poor when they played at the liberty and we should have beaten them by more.

Yes, they may have been poor but f*ck me, it's not as if it's an expensively assembled squad. It's a near miracle that they stayed up, given their lack of resources

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:52 - May 13 with 3770 viewsDarran

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:47 - May 13 by waynekerr55

Yes, they may have been poor but f*ck me, it's not as if it's an expensively assembled squad. It's a near miracle that they stayed up, given their lack of resources

So what's the given reason they've parted company?

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:55 - May 13 with 3759 viewsvetchonian

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:35 - May 13 by Darran

wait for the twist In the tale when Watford come in for Frankie he leaves and we get paid compensation!!!
HJ strikes again

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:59 - May 13 with 3753 viewsKGriz16

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:47 - May 13 by waynekerr55

but i am saying the likelyhood is that he's got himself a new job and Watford wanted to tell the media before he or his new club had the chance? hence, why they would announce is now...poorly timed imo (before last game)
Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:59 - May 13 with 3751 viewsDarran

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:55 - May 13 by vetchonian

wait for the twist In the tale when Watford come in for Frankie he leaves and we get paid compensation!!!
HJ strikes again

lol Warwick Hunt would spontaneously combust.

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 12:02 - May 13 with 3743 viewswaynekerr55

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:52 - May 13 by Darran

Not sure. The academy boys said it's been on the cards

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 12:03 - May 13 with 3740 viewsDarran

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 12:02 - May 13 by waynekerr55

Not sure. The academy boys said it's been on the cards

Interesting.

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 13:27 - May 13 with 3575 viewsLandore_Jack

Difference of opinion between the owners and manager regarding the club's achievement this season.

#backtojack

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 13:30 - May 13 with 3559 viewsmonmouth

From what I can see it looks like Monky business. The fans are quite happy that he's gone. All the flak is coming from outside the club.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 13:36 - May 13 with 3542 viewsmarchamjack

According to my friend a Watford fan, his contract stipulated a certain finishing position and /or points total, and when it was clear that he was not going to meet his contractual requirements, he knew he was off (as had seemed clear for a while, in spite of what anyone else would think was a very good job). That's the owner's model and that's why, in part, they had 5 managers last season, as (aside from ill health forcing 1 or 2 out) they apparently field to meet their contract requirements, in spite of in the end the team being promoted!!

Just passing it on as told to me and pretty well know in Watford circles it seems. The owner has his business model, employees, including the manager in particular are inter-changeable as he sees it, but the system stays the same. He's a Harvard business graduate I believe.

Bit like the Brentford owner and the moneyball system he uses.

Anyway. Mad if correct.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 13:43 - May 13 with 3526 viewsmacthejack

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:35 - May 13 by Darran

Can't have been, nobody said LUMP ON.
Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 15:09 - May 13 with 3452 viewssherpajacob

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 13:36 - May 13 by marchamjack

According to my friend a Watford fan, his contract stipulated a certain finishing position and /or points total, and when it was clear that he was not going to meet his contractual requirements, he knew he was off (as had seemed clear for a while, in spite of what anyone else would think was a very good job). That's the owner's model and that's why, in part, they had 5 managers last season, as (aside from ill health forcing 1 or 2 out) they apparently field to meet their contract requirements, in spite of in the end the team being promoted!!

Just passing it on as told to me and pretty well know in Watford circles it seems. The owner has his business model, employees, including the manager in particular are inter-changeable as he sees it, but the system stays the same. He's a Harvard business graduate I believe.

Bit like the Brentford owner and the moneyball system he uses.

Anyway. Mad if correct.

In reality his target should have been 17th place and or 40 points.
He achieved both. Will Watford regret this ( many thought Leicester would regret sacking Pearson)

Is troy deeney available now? And should we be interested?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 17:07 - May 13 with 3366 viewsBorojack

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:52 - May 13 by Darran

I heard Brendans a done deal for them

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 18:20 - May 13 with 3302 viewssP7qupUf

Another one bites the dust - Flores gone from Watford on 11:39 - May 13 by waynekerr55

Football is truly f*cked when a promoted team stays up at a canter and gets to the FA Cup semi final, yet that's not good enough.

Barmy

Spot on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024