Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Bartley new contract 13:58 - Jul 2 with 3588 viewsoldcob

According to official site, renewed his contract until 2018.
Kyle Bartley new contract on 14:21 - Jul 2 with 3110 viewsDafyddHuw

My dad told me this morning that we've extended his contract to July 2018?

Can this be true? Are we that minted?
Kyle Bartley new contract on 15:38 - Jul 2 with 3012 viewsSwansea93

Maybe because if he has a good season at Leeds we can sell him next summer instead of losing him on a free.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2016 16:29]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Kyle Bartley new contract on 15:41 - Jul 2 with 2997 viewsJonTheJack

Was so happy seeing him hold the Leeds jersey up.......then I read the article.
Kyle Bartley new contract on 15:41 - Jul 2 with 2997 viewsfelixstowe_jack

image:

PUBLISHED
17:15 1st July 2016

. . . while defender agrees new Swans deal

Kyle Bartley has joined Championship side Leeds United on a season-long loan after signing a new contract at Swansea City.
Bartley, whose original contract was set to expire next summer, has signed an additional 12-month deal that will secure his future at the Liberty until June 2018.
The defender now links up with former Swans boss Garry Monk and assistant Pep Clotet at Elland Road, with Bartley to remain with Leeds for the entire campaign.
The 25-year-old will look to gain valuable game-time with the Yorkshire club, having made eight appearances last season as he competed alongside captain Ashley Williams, Federico Fernandez and Jordi Amat for a place in the heart of defence.

Read more at http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/leeds-united-loan-swansea-city-k

If he has signed a longer contract we should get more money if we sell him.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Kyle Bartley new contract on 15:48 - Jul 2 with 2974 viewsoldcob

Kyle Bartley new contract on 15:38 - Jul 2 by Swansea93

Maybe because if he has a good season at Leeds we can sell him next summer instead of losing him on a free.

That makes sense.
Kyle Bartley new contract on 15:52 - Jul 2 with 2960 viewsWingstandwood

All this is rather questionable? Remember the way the club offered new contracts to complete and utter deadwood like Butler, Gower and Kristian O' Leary whom all ended up on a playing-career scrapheap within a short time of leaving.

Is SCFC turning into some form of semi-retirement home?

Argus!

Kyle Bartley new contract on 16:07 - Jul 2 with 2906 viewsKilkennyjack

Kyle Bartley new contract on 15:48 - Jul 2 by oldcob

That makes sense.

Makes no sense at all to me, sorry.

Beware of the Risen People

Kyle Bartley new contract on 16:34 - Jul 2 with 2851 viewsjasper_T

Kyle Bartley new contract on 15:38 - Jul 2 by Swansea93

It's a gamble. If he's awful for them and Garry gets fired we're stuck paying him the best part of a million quid for another year.
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Bartley new contract on 16:39 - Jul 2 with 2830 viewsCooperman

A strange turn of events to say the least.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Kyle Bartley new contract on 16:47 - Jul 2 with 2805 viewstomdickharry

Just daft to give him an extra year what has he done to justify it?
Kyle Bartley new contract on 17:00 - Jul 2 with 2785 viewsraynor94

Kyle Bartley new contract on 16:07 - Jul 2 by Kilkennyjack

The sense is Leeds pay him this season costs us nothing, so if they want him they have to pay a fee, shrewd business

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kyle Bartley new contract on 17:36 - Jul 2 with 2707 viewsswancity

Definately capable of playing and doing well in the Premier league if he can cut out the occasional lapse of concentration. Will be a good signing for a championship club Leeds and best of luck to him. If he can do well it's in everyone's interests isn't it.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Kyle Bartley new contract on 20:17 - Jul 2 with 2526 viewsKilkennyjack

Kyle Bartley new contract on 17:36 - Jul 2 by swancity

Definately capable of playing and doing well in the Premier league if he can cut out the occasional lapse of concentration. Will be a good signing for a championship club Leeds and best of luck to him. If he can do well it's in everyone's interests isn't it.

Don't see it sorry

Beware of the Risen People

Kyle Bartley new contract on 20:26 - Jul 2 with 2511 viewsairedale

Kyle Bartley new contract on 17:36 - Jul 2 by swancity

I think you're right. If he does well, bearing in mind he's only 25, and Ash is getting on, he may be a good investment for the future, if he develops well.
Kyle Bartley new contract on 20:32 - Jul 2 with 2504 viewsmagicdaps10

They obviously believe there is something in him. As stated in another post i believe it is his mindset and their hoping that one day it clicks in with him or a year at Leeds could mature him to that level.

Myself, i would let his contract run down whilst and leeds and let him move on for both parties sake.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Kyle Bartley new contract on 21:11 - Jul 2 with 2458 viewspencoedjack

Kyle Bartley new contract on 20:17 - Jul 2 by Kilkennyjack

Don't see it sorry

Me neither.
Kyle Bartley new contract on 21:26 - Jul 2 with 2420 viewsClinton

They obviously see more of him than the rest of us. They see him in training. Perhaps they think that he can fulfil his potential with more game time.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Kyle Bartley new contract on 21:33 - Jul 2 with 2407 viewsSwansNZ

Kyle Bartley new contract on 17:00 - Jul 2 by raynor94

The sense is Leeds pay him this season costs us nothing, so if they want him they have to pay a fee, shrewd business

OR, we could have just sold him now, we’d have him off the wages plus a fee for the sale.
If he was that good, surely we could have found a buyer.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Kyle Bartley new contract on 22:46 - Jul 2 with 2355 viewsGowerjack

No brainer.

Dirty Leeds pay us a loan fee and cover his wages for next season if he comes good we sell or have the option to keep.

If he doesn't we are still better off because off the fee.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Kyle Bartley new contract on 04:36 - Jul 3 with 2231 viewsLoyal

Kyle Bartley new contract on 16:07 - Jul 2 by Kilkennyjack

His two year deal makes some sense.
If he succeeds at Leeds, which I think he will then I am told there is a 1.75m fee agreed. Then this seasons salary is covered by Leeds. This way we retain him but not in the PL squad, have his salary paid for the season and gain a transfer fee at the end.

Or - !oan him and lose him for free at the end of this season.

Wise business.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Kyle Bartley new contract on 09:24 - Jul 3 with 2159 viewsPhil_S

Kyle Bartley new contract on 04:36 - Jul 3 by Loyal

His two year deal makes some sense.
If he succeeds at Leeds, which I think he will then I am told there is a 1.75m fee agreed. Then this seasons salary is covered by Leeds. This way we retain him but not in the PL squad, have his salary paid for the season and gain a transfer fee at the end.

Or - !oan him and lose him for free at the end of this season.

Wise business.

Thats all well and good - what if he flops at Leeds? How much will he cost us for the second year of that contract...
Kyle Bartley new contract on 09:30 - Jul 3 with 2145 viewsswanjackal

Kyle Bartley new contract on 09:24 - Jul 3 by Phil_S

Thats all well and good - what if he flops at Leeds? How much will he cost us for the second year of that contract...

Send the boys around......insurance job!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Kyle Bartley new contract on 09:55 - Jul 3 with 2119 viewsPhil_S

Kyle Bartley new contract on 09:30 - Jul 3 by swanjackal

Send the boys around......insurance job!

No lose gamble, all for one of those...
Kyle Bartley new contract on 20:28 - Jul 3 with 2004 viewsLoyal

Kyle Bartley new contract on 09:24 - Jul 3 by Phil_S

For me it's the way we do things, protect investments like him ( was it Huw who was behind the purchase of Bartley more so than other transfers of the time ? ) we don't seem to like getting rid of certain players, if he fails he fails, the strategy behind it is sound. We will still get half our investment back at least I reckon even if he doesn't succeed at Leeds. However looking at his player of the year award when at Birmingham I think it will suit him, and prove to be a wise move.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Kyle Bartley new contract on 21:36 - Jul 3 with 1952 viewsPhaedrus

Devils advocate. Maybe he triggered a clause of some sort. Wouldn't be the first time a player helped himself to an extra year after less than stellar performance.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024