Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? 00:59 - Sep 14 with 4259 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal?
Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 01:02 - Sep 14 with 3437 viewsJackBaston

Yeah you troll
his header against burnley got us our goal
Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 01:03 - Sep 14 with 3435 viewsHighjack

No but then we rarely give him the ball within 30 yards of goal.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 06:50 - Sep 14 with 3285 viewsbazzool

Yea and in pre season when he missed a more or less open goal
Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 06:50 - Sep 14 with 3282 viewsAnotherJohn

Hit the post from three yards against Stade Rennais - unfortunately that is looking like a portent of things to come.
Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 06:51 - Sep 14 with 3281 viewsSwansNZ

Yes, plenty of YouTube clips showing him scoring.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 07:02 - Sep 14 with 3257 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 06:50 - Sep 14 by AnotherJohn

Hit the post from three yards against Stade Rennais - unfortunately that is looking like a portent of things to come.

The ball took a deflection off a defender's foot and took it away from him at the last second. But let's not ruin the negativity party, eh

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 07:12 - Sep 14 with 3231 viewsjack247

We have created very little for him. Montero has put a few crosses in for him, I don't think the midfield have played him in on goal yet?

He spends most of his time dropping deeper than he probably wants to, so we can use him as a target to link play and start attacks in more dangerous areas. Until we start asserting ourselves more in midfield, he is going to be isolated and have to drop deep to get involved.
Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 08:16 - Sep 14 with 3104 viewsClinton

Leave Llorente alone, Neil Taylor is the official scapegoat this season, especially now he's getting some game time.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 08:26 - Sep 14 with 3081 viewsmonmouth

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 08:16 - Sep 14 by Clinton

Leave Llorente alone, Neil Taylor is the official scapegoat this season, especially now he's getting some game time.

We need a reserve if FG is not picking Routs though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 08:36 - Sep 14 with 3051 viewsAnotherJohn

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 07:02 - Sep 14 by Brynmill_Jack

The ball took a deflection off a defender's foot and took it away from him at the last second. But let's not ruin the negativity party, eh

There was a slight deflection, but Llorente was still able to make good contact. I was sitting right behind the cross.

In any event my post was more about the pattern of not scoring. Some strikers seem lucky and some not. One may speculate about what would have happened if Shechter's disallowed goal against Norwich had been good, or Eder's effort that did not stand when a penalty was awarded had been given.
Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 08:41 - Sep 14 with 3040 viewsJohnw102

How long did it take Bony to start scoring? there were loads on this group moaning about him when he first came here.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 08:50 - Sep 14 with 3011 viewsDr_Winston

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 08:41 - Sep 14 by Johnw102

How long did it take Bony to start scoring? there were loads on this group moaning about him when he first came here.

54 minutes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23467194

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 08:51 - Sep 14 with 3008 viewsSwansNZ

Scored twice on debut.

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 08:53 - Sep 14 with 2996 viewsJackSomething

He scored twice on his debut in the Europa League and once on his PL debut, off the bench against Man United.

Bony scored 4 in his first 4 games and had 10 goals by early November, but the myth that he was a slow starter has mysteriously grown and grown until many now accept it as fact.

None of this is meant as a stick to beat Llorente with by the way.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 08:55 - Sep 14 with 2992 viewsSwansNZ

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 08:53 - Sep 14 by JackSomething

He scored twice on his debut in the Europa League and once on his PL debut, off the bench against Man United.

Bony scored 4 in his first 4 games and had 10 goals by early November, but the myth that he was a slow starter has mysteriously grown and grown until many now accept it as fact.

None of this is meant as a stick to beat Llorente with by the way.

I think some idiots expected him to score at a Messi rate, after we paid £12+ million for him.

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 09:00 - Sep 14 with 2981 viewsLandore_Jack

Llorente has received poor service against Leicester and Chelsea. People should comment on that first.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2016 9:04]

#backtojack

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 09:01 - Sep 14 with 2966 viewsperchrockjack

A header for most isn't a "shot" for most but still it shows how quick fans are to turn on others at a second s notice

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 09:11 - Sep 14 with 2943 viewsEasternJack

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 08:16 - Sep 14 by Clinton

The escape goats have no chance once they've been marked.

I would't put Taylor in that bucket as he deserves it. Fer is this year's target - following in the well trodden footsteps of Scotland, Bony et al

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 09:54 - Sep 14 with 2854 viewsMatthew_117

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 09:11 - Sep 14 by EasternJack

The escape goats have no chance once they've been marked.

I would't put Taylor in that bucket as he deserves it. Fer is this year's target - following in the well trodden footsteps of Scotland, Bony et al

Pretty sure he had a shot against Burnley
Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 11:01 - Sep 14 with 2755 viewsDafyddHuw

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 07:02 - Sep 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Exactly. Some cringeworthy fans we've got.

Maybe we should judge him after the rest of the team decide to give him some service.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2016 11:05]
Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 11:12 - Sep 14 with 2735 viewsmagicdaps10

Tell you who was a slow starter with us................Steve Torpey.

Took him about 10 games to register is first goal if memory serves me well.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 11:15 - Sep 14 with 2729 viewsSwaneeRiver

TBH I'm hard pushed to remember any Swans players taking a shot at goal (apart from the ones we scored and Gylfi's first half effort against Chelsea)
Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 11:48 - Sep 14 with 2686 viewssa3swan

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 11:15 - Sep 14 by SwaneeRiver

TBH I'm hard pushed to remember any Swans players taking a shot at goal (apart from the ones we scored and Gylfi's first half effort against Chelsea)

Apparently we've had 17 shots on target so far this season.

www.footcharts.co.uk/index.cfm?task=basics_shotsontarget
Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 11:58 - Sep 14 with 2671 viewsGriffting

It's hardly fair to compare Bony to Llorente. One was considerably more expensive, was considerably younger (well, some might think that debatable) and in the form of his career.

This is what I worry about for Borja. Instantly going to get compared to Bony if he doesn't bang one in on his debut. The creativity in our side at the moment is non existent. Borja scored 17 out of his 18 goals within the box last year so for him to be effective that needs to change drastically. I don't even want to think about how many touches in opposition box we've had in games this season but I bet it's not pretty.
Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 12:26 - Sep 14 with 2637 viewsvetchonian

Has anyone seen llorente have a shot at goal? on 08:36 - Sep 14 by AnotherJohn

There was a slight deflection, but Llorente was still able to make good contact. I was sitting right behind the cross.

In any event my post was more about the pattern of not scoring. Some strikers seem lucky and some not. One may speculate about what would have happened if Shechter's disallowed goal against Norwich had been good, or Eder's effort that did not stand when a penalty was awarded had been given.

Or that he had only arrived in Swansea about 24 hours before the game and not really had time to train

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024