Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teams around us 16:59 - Oct 22 with 4268 viewsRancid

Sunderland lost, Hull lost, and Middlesborough scraped a draw.This is how we now need to be looking at if we aren't already.Not a bad day, really, even though we should have won that today but every cloud......I still think we're a good team just lacking those 2 or 3 quality players.You know, the one we sold in the summer.
Teams around us on 17:01 - Oct 22 with 3523 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I disagree.

We do not need to be looking at other teams results.

There is enough time to get ourselves out of this mess without having to rely on other teams every week.

We had a relatively easy opportunity today to gain 3 points. Instead we only gained 1 against a terrible Watford side while Middlesborough gained 1 against Arsenal.

Another terrible week.

That is two dropped points we now need to gain somewhere else.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Teams around us on 17:02 - Oct 22 with 3514 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We have to give credit to Gomes (damn him) for keeping them in it.
Just a small amount of luck and we would have won that.
Especially as they should have been down to 10 for that elbow on Ki, maybe he will still get a retrospective Red. Not that it would help us.
Teams around us on 17:21 - Oct 22 with 3426 viewsRancid

Teams around us on 17:01 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I disagree.

There is enough time to get ourselves out of this mess without having to rely on other teams every week.

We had a relatively easy opportunity today to gain 3 points. Instead we only gained 1 against a terrible Watford side while Middlesborough gained 1 against Arsenal.

Another terrible week.

And I disagree with your post Dwight, I'm afraid.The quality isn't there to put the ball in the back of the net.Nice build up but no goals.Even this early we should be looking at other struggling sides around us as that's what it will come down to at the end of the season.
Teams around us on 17:27 - Oct 22 with 3378 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Teams around us on 17:21 - Oct 22 by Rancid

And I disagree with your post Dwight, I'm afraid.The quality isn't there to put the ball in the back of the net.Nice build up but no goals.Even this early we should be looking at other struggling sides around us as that's what it will come down to at the end of the season.

"The quality isn't there to put the ball in the back of the net."

So we should play for 0-0's every week?

We have a man who scored 14/15 goals in La Liga last season, an experienced striker in Llorente and Gylfi who has scored dozens of goals at this level.

We do have the quality to put the ball in the back of the net.

The problem today was we only tried to put it in the net for 20 minutes. The rest of the game we concentrated fully on stopping them scoring instead of trying to score ourselves.

Teams around us (n/t) on 17:29 - Oct 22 with 3359 viewsRancid

Teams around us on 17:27 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"The quality isn't there to put the ball in the back of the net."

So we should play for 0-0's every week?

We have a man who scored 14/15 goals in La Liga last season, an experienced striker in Llorente and Gylfi who has scored dozens of goals at this level.

We do have the quality to put the ball in the back of the net.

The problem today was we only tried to put it in the net for 20 minutes. The rest of the game we concentrated fully on stopping them scoring instead of trying to score ourselves.

Teams around us (n/t) on 17:40 - Oct 22 with 3314 viewsRancid

Teams around us (n/t) on 17:29 - Oct 22 by Rancid

And every player you mention that are our goalscorers/matchwinners aren't scoring the goals to win us these type of matches.Forget Llorente, it's Baston and Gylffi who will win us this type of game and they fell short today.We were the better side today and just lacked that final piece of class to finish off the game.Instead it's 2 points dropped and we're still down the bottom mingling with relegation.

WE are not too good to go down, believe me.
Teams around us (n/t) on 17:47 - Oct 22 with 3250 viewsGeoffThom

Teams around us (n/t) on 17:40 - Oct 22 by Rancid

And every player you mention that are our goalscorers/matchwinners aren't scoring the goals to win us these type of matches.Forget Llorente, it's Baston and Gylffi who will win us this type of game and they fell short today.We were the better side today and just lacked that final piece of class to finish off the game.Instead it's 2 points dropped and we're still down the bottom mingling with relegation.

WE are not too good to go down, believe me.

Totally disagree with you on Llorente made a big difference to us when he came on today baston did nowt
Teams around us (n/t) on 17:50 - Oct 22 with 3229 viewsRancid

Teams around us (n/t) on 17:47 - Oct 22 by GeoffThom

Totally disagree with you on Llorente made a big difference to us when he came on today baston did nowt

Take away his goal against Citeh mate and he's been a big waste of money.He could still come good though given time.
Login to get fewer ads

Teams around us on 18:09 - Oct 22 with 3153 viewsImAlrightJack

I disagree.

Another terrible week.

Oh God, he's back........
Teams around us on 18:09 - Oct 22 with 3146 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Teams around us on 17:21 - Oct 22 by Rancid

I'm sorry mate but that's not correct at all. And we didn't even play our leading scorer at all!!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Teams around us (n/t) on 18:12 - Oct 22 with 3134 viewsPrivate_Partz

Teams around us (n/t) on 17:50 - Oct 22 by Rancid

Take away his goal against Citeh mate and he's been a big waste of money.He could still come good though given time.

No, I disagree as well. Borja has a great motor and mobility but Llorente has power in the air. It was no surprise we created more chances when he came on.
I like him and he could very well make the difference for us in avoiding the drop.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Teams around us (n/t) on 18:17 - Oct 22 with 3112 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Teams around us (n/t) on 17:47 - Oct 22 by GeoffThom

We played within Fer and two defensive midfielders . What's he supposed to do, he can't sh*t chances for himself you f*cking maniac

Teams around us (n/t) on 18:19 - Oct 22 with 3098 viewsGeoffThom

Teams around us (n/t) on 18:17 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

We played within Fer and two defensive midfielders . What's he supposed to do, he can't sh*t chances for himself you f*cking maniac

Fer? Ok !!
Teams around us on 18:19 - Oct 22 with 3092 viewsRancid

Teams around us on 18:09 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm sorry mate but that's not correct at all. And we didn't even play our leading scorer at all!!!

Why isn't it correct? Because we dropped Fer the unexpected top scorer from midfield? The fact remains we are not scoring goals to win matches and shouldn't be relying on the prolific Leroy Fer to win us these tight games when we have Gylffi and Baston on the pitch who should be getting us the gals to win games like today.Fer may well have come on and score the winner but he didn't and it was left to Baston and Gylffi and later LLorente.It's not good enough and it's arrogance to say we shouldn't be lookin around us at other sides results.I'm not saying you are Brynmill but some of us fans are.
Teams around us on 18:25 - Oct 22 with 3069 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Teams around us on 18:19 - Oct 22 by Rancid

Why isn't it correct? Because we dropped Fer the unexpected top scorer from midfield? The fact remains we are not scoring goals to win matches and shouldn't be relying on the prolific Leroy Fer to win us these tight games when we have Gylffi and Baston on the pitch who should be getting us the gals to win games like today.Fer may well have come on and score the winner but he didn't and it was left to Baston and Gylffi and later LLorente.It's not good enough and it's arrogance to say we shouldn't be lookin around us at other sides results.I'm not saying you are Brynmill but some of us fans are.

We played two DM's in effect. Borja can't score without the ball mate

Teams around us on 18:28 - Oct 22 with 3045 viewscostalotta

I disagree.

Another terrible week.

This!
Teams around us on 18:35 - Oct 22 with 3011 viewsRancid

Teams around us on 18:25 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

We played two DM's in effect. Borja can't score without the ball mate

He can with 2 wingers mate, he's a big lad and I thought that was the plan today.Is he the type of player who scores goals from threaded passes by our super creative midfield or the one that doesn't exist?To get our monies worth out of him we need byline wingers.We have Barrow all we need is Montero now and I think we'll see him flourish.Llorente had this luxury at the start of the season but fluffed his lines.A young hungry Bojan could make the difference,Gylffi just behing him waiting for the cleared second ball and we might just score 1 or 2.
Teams around us on 18:45 - Oct 22 with 2962 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Teams around us on 18:35 - Oct 22 by Rancid

He can with 2 wingers mate, he's a big lad and I thought that was the plan today.Is he the type of player who scores goals from threaded passes by our super creative midfield or the one that doesn't exist?To get our monies worth out of him we need byline wingers.We have Barrow all we need is Montero now and I think we'll see him flourish.Llorente had this luxury at the start of the season but fluffed his lines.A young hungry Bojan could make the difference,Gylffi just behing him waiting for the cleared second ball and we might just score 1 or 2.

Two wingers . Who didn't create hardly anything all afternoon. But that was down to a totally defensive team selection by brilliant Bob

Teams around us on 18:52 - Oct 22 with 2928 viewsRancid

Teams around us on 18:45 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Two wingers . Who didn't create hardly anything all afternoon. But that was down to a totally defensive team selection by brilliant Bob

Yeah but come on Brynnie, you said yourself that our defence minded midfield is never going to open up sides in this league so the only other option is down the flanks where we do have quality.It didn't work today I know but it's our biggest asset with the side we have now unless we go out and buy Kevin de Bruyne.
Teams around us on 18:56 - Oct 22 with 2909 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"Who didn't create hardly anything all afternoon"

Working together Naughton and Barrow created 5 of the 11 chances made today.
That could have been 5 goals, it is not their fault that it wasn't.
Teams around us on 19:06 - Oct 22 with 2881 viewsRancid

DwightYorke is uparrowing all your posts Bryn.Which way will you take this?
Teams around us on 19:09 - Oct 22 with 2866 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Teams around us on 19:06 - Oct 22 by Rancid

DwightYorke is uparrowing all your posts Bryn.Which way will you take this?

I up voted one. It bemuses me why some people are so obsessed.

Teams around us on 19:14 - Oct 22 with 2827 viewssherpajacob

Teams around us on 18:09 - Oct 22 by ImAlrightJack

Oh God, he's back........

A review of the parole system needed

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Teams around us on 19:14 - Oct 22 with 2825 viewsRancid

Teams around us on 19:09 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I file you under Dimi.I take an interest for a fw hours when you retun and might engage for a few posts but then get bored and you become just another poster.I will always read and give credit where it's due as you o go against the grain which I like but most of the time it's for the sake of it.Keep it up though mate, there's plenty on here who will play along with you day after day and 24/7.
Teams around us on 19:17 - Oct 22 with 2800 viewsDarran

Teams around us on 19:09 - Oct 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He's obsessed with me too my friend.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024