Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berbatov 14:25 - Nov 3 with 19991 viewsJango

Bradley confirms interest
Berbatov (n/t) on 18:54 - Nov 3 with 1711 viewsMurph75

Berbatov (n/t) on 18:53 - Nov 3 by Jango

Liverpool fan I take it

Do you need to be a fan of a particular team to appreciate a good footballer?
Berbatov on 18:55 - Nov 3 with 1708 viewsjacktheripper

Berbatov on 15:55 - Nov 3 by londonlisa2001

Aye, the two up front have been banging them in...

In all seriousness, one of our problems is Siggy. He loses the ball almost every time he gets it at the moment. The number of times any positive play is breaking down with him is quite unbelievable. We have to try something different there if it continues, however good he can be.

And nobody was banging them in last season either because the service to our strikers was and still is non existent.
Berbatov on 18:58 - Nov 3 with 1698 viewsmax936

Berbatov on 18:40 - Nov 3 by Dyfnant

Obvious difference being Gerrard plays in a position where we currently employ a number of players that wouldn't get in any other premier league team

Which of course is the right answer, his age and fitness is sadly against him though, but a player/coach role might be an option though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Berbatov on 18:59 - Nov 3 with 1697 viewsMurph75

Berbatov on 15:55 - Nov 3 by londonlisa2001

Aye, the two up front have been banging them in...

In all seriousness, one of our problems is Siggy. He loses the ball almost every time he gets it at the moment. The number of times any positive play is breaking down with him is quite unbelievable. We have to try something different there if it continues, however good he can be.

Siggy has been awful so far. I'd be tempted to leave him on the bench and go old school 4-4-2 like Leicester last season.
Berbatov (n/t) on 19:04 - Nov 3 with 1676 viewsOldjack

Berbatov (n/t) on 18:53 - Nov 3 by Jango

Liverpool fan I take it

nope, but i know a dud and class when i see it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:22 - Nov 3 with 1640 viewsJango

Berbatov (n/t) on 18:54 - Nov 3 by Murph75

Do you need to be a fan of a particular team to appreciate a good footballer?

Not at all, but to suggest that Gerrard was top draw and then that berbatov stole a wage just stinks of Liverpool United rivalry, berbatov hardly stole a wage did he.
Berbatov (n/t) on 19:23 - Nov 3 with 1637 viewsJango

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:04 - Nov 3 by Oldjack

nope, but i know a dud and class when i see it

Obviously not.
Berbatov (n/t) on 19:28 - Nov 3 with 1611 viewsOldjack

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:22 - Nov 3 by Jango

Not at all, but to suggest that Gerrard was top draw and then that berbatov stole a wage just stinks of Liverpool United rivalry, berbatov hardly stole a wage did he.

Dear me you've obviously haven't got a clue ,i see your beloved reds are down 2-0 atm

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Berbatov on 19:30 - Nov 3 with 1596 viewsjack247

At this point, I don't see any harm in it. He isn't going transform our season, but could easily deputise for Siggy or Llorente. Decent option with 20 minutes left.

Gerrard would be a no brainier for me, that appears to just be talk on here rather than serious interest though.
Berbatov on 19:31 - Nov 3 with 1593 viewsblueytheblue

Berbatov on 19:30 - Nov 3 by jack247

At this point, I don't see any harm in it. He isn't going transform our season, but could easily deputise for Siggy or Llorente. Decent option with 20 minutes left.

Gerrard would be a no brainier for me, that appears to just be talk on here rather than serious interest though.

Berbalop would appreciate being paid the salary you'd expect for someone playing 20 minutes at end of games.

Gerrard? Might look decent at times in MLS but, well, that's MLS.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:32 - Nov 3 with 1593 viewsJango

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:28 - Nov 3 by Oldjack

Dear me you've obviously haven't got a clue ,i see your beloved reds are down 2-0 atm

Wouldn't know I'm not watching it. I bet you're loving that tho. I guess fergie didn't have a clue either when he splashed out over £30million on him. To suggest berbatov was a dud means you are in fact the clueless one mate.
Berbatov (n/t) on 19:33 - Nov 3 with 1583 viewsMurph75

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:22 - Nov 3 by Jango

Berbatov was a good player. Not the type to role his sleeves up when the going got tough for him though.
Berbatov (n/t) on 19:35 - Nov 3 with 1569 viewsblueytheblue

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:32 - Nov 3 by Jango

Wouldn't know I'm not watching it. I bet you're loving that tho. I guess fergie didn't have a clue either when he splashed out over £30million on him. To suggest berbatov was a dud means you are in fact the clueless one mate.

Berbaflop was like Matt Le Tissier. Just without Le Tissier's work ethic.

Fergie did make some bad purchases in his time... Zaha for £10m anyone?

Berbatov on 19:36 - Nov 3 with 1559 viewsClinton

Berbatov on 15:14 - Nov 3 by Jango

Thirty-five-year old Berbatov is currently without a club following his release by Greek side PAOK.

And the former Manchester United man has set his sights on a return o the Premier League - with Bradley conceding Swansea could make a move for the Bulgarian.

"I actually saw him in May at the celebration game for (Hristo) Stoichkov in Sofia," Bradley said at his pre-United press conference.

"I've met him a few times and I know he's anxious to get back in the PL.

Berbatov at Manchester United

"Everybody in our club knows that, so when there's discussions his name is mentioned, but where it goes we'll see. He's on our radar but there is a lot of things on our radar."

Berbatov has spoken of his desire to return to Britain, following stints at Old Trafford and at Craven Cottage with Fulham

"When you've played in the Premier League you don't want to play anywhere else," Berbatov told Mark Chapman and Andy Townsend on 5 live Sport.

'"In this stage of my career I know where I am — I would happily play for a team where they use my experience and my knowledge," he added.

Rather have Stoichkov. He might be 50 but he was real class. Played for DC United at the end Of his glorious career, maybe there's a link.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Berbatov on 19:37 - Nov 3 with 1555 viewsjack247

Berbatov on 19:31 - Nov 3 by blueytheblue

Berbalop would appreciate being paid the salary you'd expect for someone playing 20 minutes at end of games.

Gerrard? Might look decent at times in MLS but, well, that's MLS.

You haven't seen our midfield lately I take it?
Berbatov (n/t) on 19:38 - Nov 3 with 1543 viewsJango

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:33 - Nov 3 by Murph75

Berbatov was a good player. Not the type to role his sleeves up when the going got tough for him though.

Agree with that. I wouldn't expect him to play an awful lot of minutes if he did come to be honest. He'd certainly add more to our attacking threat off the bench tho, especially if he wants to play 2 up top at any point
Berbatov (n/t) on 19:39 - Nov 3 with 1530 viewsOldjack

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:32 - Nov 3 by Jango

oi dopey, remind me again how much the dull bastards spent on Pogba now what a dud he's turning out to be

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:40 - Nov 3 with 1527 viewsJango

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:35 - Nov 3 by blueytheblue

Berbaflop was like Matt Le Tissier. Just without Le Tissier's work ethic.

Fergie did make some bad purchases in his time... Zaha for £10m anyone?

Would you say he was a flop for united and Spurs?
Berbatov (n/t) on 19:41 - Nov 3 with 1516 viewsMurph75

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:38 - Nov 3 by Jango

Agree with that. I wouldn't expect him to play an awful lot of minutes if he did come to be honest. He'd certainly add more to our attacking threat off the bench tho, especially if he wants to play 2 up top at any point

Personally couldn't see him having the stomach for the fight we're in.
Berbatov (n/t) on 19:45 - Nov 3 with 1495 viewsmorningstar

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:41 - Nov 3 by Murph75

Who does?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Berbatov on 19:48 - Nov 3 with 1467 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Berbatov on 16:14 - Nov 3 by Legend83

His first touch has never been his strong point, and on current form the ball is just bouncing off him or his little flicks are going astray.

The fact he is pretty much undroppable even on present form tells you all you need to know about our squad.

If we were going to give him a break I'd try Ki there over Fer (who despite his goals, I have simply lost patience with). He showed enough times against Stoke his ability to find space and his touch and control is probably the best in at the club. Remove the shackles of any defensive responsibility and see what happens...

He's very droppable at the moment. We should give Fer a go in the No.10 role and play Leon and Cork together behind him

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:48 - Nov 3 with 1467 viewsMurph75

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:45 - Nov 3 by morningstar

Who does?

Bob. Not sure how long that's going to last though.
Berbatov (n/t) on 19:49 - Nov 3 with 1463 viewsOldjack

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:41 - Nov 3 by Murph75

Fulham fans will second that

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:50 - Nov 3 with 1456 viewsMattG

Berbatov (n/t) on 19:45 - Nov 3 by morningstar

Who does?

I thought Llorente and Baston looked good as a pair against Watford.

If the consensus is that signing Berbatov would only be as a "two up top option" I'd put him behind both of those as a bench option so, barring injury, he'd barely even get a seat never mind time on the pitch.

Saying that, it looks like Bradley doesn't like the look of McBurnie so who knows.
Berbatov on 19:52 - Nov 3 with 1445 viewsblueytheblue

Berbatov on 19:37 - Nov 3 by jack247

You haven't seen our midfield lately I take it?

You haven't seen MLS either then...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024