Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Berbatov 14:25 - Nov 3 with 19546 viewsJango

Bradley confirms interest
Berbatov on 15:07 - Nov 3 with 2080 viewsLegend83

We are all arguing about this but do you have a source Jango?
Berbatov on 15:08 - Nov 3 with 2080 viewsjackportis

10 years ago he would have been ok. Why isn't Baston delivering? This is what Bradley needs to sort out. HJ should be asked the question. Waste of money. Should have got Bony back but full stop

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Berbatov on 15:10 - Nov 3 with 2070 viewslondonlisa2001

Berbatov on 14:52 - Nov 3 by Legend83

Rooney has unbelievable work-rate though (despite being a bit rotund and losing a yard of pace) and quality midfielders around him that can make up for his positional and defensive indiscipline in that role.

Berbatov is incredibly skill-full but gets a 1/10 for work-ethic and team-play.

Would be a mental signing...so it's definitely going to happen.

I'd agree with all that.

As I said earlier, it shows how far we've sunk that I'm not instantly dismissing the idea as utterly stupid.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't touch Berbatov with a barge pole - not even a couple of years ago. But now...

Oh God - we really are buggered aren't we
Berbatov on 15:11 - Nov 3 with 2067 viewsJango

Berbatov on 15:05 - Nov 3 by Legend83

In that isolated example I don't disagree, but that assumes the rest of the team has sufficient quality.

Signing Berbatov must be lower down the list than:

a) strengthening our FB depth
b) going back to your earlier example, signing some additional quality on the wing so we don't have to bring Rangel on for Barrow (or anybody for that matter!)

Dan James and Connor Roberts / Tyler Reid etc. might have a lot of promise but we can't hope the kids come good at this level to bail us out of a relegation dog fight.

Edited to address your last point - if we throw (probably not inconsiderable) wages at Berbatov that reduces the budget for the other areas that are much higher priority.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 15:07]

If it was January I'd agree with you, but we are limited to free transfers unfortunately. I doubt he will be demanding extremely high wages either because he won't be coming if that's the case. He will improve our squad depth at the moment. He was playing champions league last season and here we are at the bottom of the premier league sticking our noses up at him.
Berbatov on 15:12 - Nov 3 with 2063 viewsandypitt56

Berbatov on 15:07 - Nov 3 by Legend83

Bobby B said in his interview that's berbs names been banded about. I'm tied on this one, he can change a game on his day, so unless bobs thinking of going 4-4-2 which I'm thinking he will, just because I don't think we have the players anymore for 4-5-1. then we need more than just mcburnie as back up. berbatov has a lot of experience , I mean its not a bad as ngog is it??
Berbatov on 15:14 - Nov 3 with 2054 viewsJango

Berbatov on 15:07 - Nov 3 by Legend83

Thirty-five-year old Berbatov is currently without a club following his release by Greek side PAOK.

And the former Manchester United man has set his sights on a return o the Premier League - with Bradley conceding Swansea could make a move for the Bulgarian.

"I actually saw him in May at the celebration game for (Hristo) Stoichkov in Sofia," Bradley said at his pre-United press conference.

"I've met him a few times and I know he's anxious to get back in the PL.

Berbatov at Manchester United

"Everybody in our club knows that, so when there's discussions his name is mentioned, but where it goes we'll see. He's on our radar but there is a lot of things on our radar."

Berbatov has spoken of his desire to return to Britain, following stints at Old Trafford and at Craven Cottage with Fulham

"When you've played in the Premier League you don't want to play anywhere else," Berbatov told Mark Chapman and Andy Townsend on 5 live Sport.

'"In this stage of my career I know where I am — I would happily play for a team where they use my experience and my knowledge," he added.
Berbatov on 15:19 - Nov 3 with 2023 viewslondonlisa2001

Berbatov on 15:05 - Nov 3 by Legend83

In that isolated example I don't disagree, but that assumes the rest of the team has sufficient quality.

Signing Berbatov must be lower down the list than:

a) strengthening our FB depth
b) going back to your earlier example, signing some additional quality on the wing so we don't have to bring Rangel on for Barrow (or anybody for that matter!)

Dan James and Connor Roberts / Tyler Reid etc. might have a lot of promise but we can't hope the kids come good at this level to bail us out of a relegation dog fight.

Edited to address your last point - if we throw (probably not inconsiderable) wages at Berbatov that reduces the budget for the other areas that are much higher priority.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 15:07]

Sorry - I was making the assumption we are talking about NOW, not January's window??

If we are talking January, then I completely agree with you.

I thought we were looking for someone that we could bring in for a few months to strengthen us until we get to a window again? So a free agent?
Berbatov on 15:21 - Nov 3 with 2002 viewsLegend83

Berbatov on 15:19 - Nov 3 by londonlisa2001

Sorry - I was making the assumption we are talking about NOW, not January's window??

If we are talking January, then I completely agree with you.

I thought we were looking for someone that we could bring in for a few months to strengthen us until we get to a window again? So a free agent?

Understood, my bad.

[Post edited 3 Nov 2016 15:22]
Login to get fewer ads

Berbatov on 15:23 - Nov 3 with 1983 viewsmax936

We're crying out for Centre Mids, full backs and a winger, surely there is a decent CM out there who is unattached surely, but we go for a 35yr old Striker fuk my eyes.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Berbatov on 15:23 - Nov 3 with 1983 viewsPegojack

"When you've played in the Premier League you don't want to play anywhere else," Berbatov told Mark Chapman and Andy Townsend on 5 live Sport.

'"In this stage of my career I know where I am — I would happily play for a team where they use my experience and my knowledge,"

Translation from the Bulgarian - I'll go anywhere where I can run around like a ponce and take home £20k a week.
Berbatov on 15:25 - Nov 3 with 1972 viewsJango

Berbatov on 15:23 - Nov 3 by Pegojack

'"In this stage of my career I know where I am — I would happily play for a team where they use my experience and my knowledge,"

Translation from the Bulgarian - I'll go anywhere where I can run around like a ponce and take home £20k a week.

He'll fit in well with our team then
Berbatov on 15:26 - Nov 3 with 1968 viewsPozuelosSideys

Riiight, so not only will we have one injury prone, overpaid striker who is past his best, we will now have two.

FME. We are a joking club these days.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Berbatov on 15:27 - Nov 3 with 1959 viewsOldjack

Berbatov on 15:23 - Nov 3 by max936

We're crying out for Centre Mids, full backs and a winger, surely there is a decent CM out there who is unattached surely, but we go for a 35yr old Striker fuk my eyes.

May as well get Lee back ,at least he's still banging them in

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Berbatov on 15:27 - Nov 3 with 1957 viewsmax936

Berbatov on 15:03 - Nov 3 by waynekerr55

Did we need anymore proof.

Beyond reasonable doubt is the underf*cking statement of the millenium.

Why can't that Pinocchio - nosed c*nt just f*ck off?

He's been messing his pants about signing him since he destroyed us whilst playing for Fulham in the last game of the season at the Liberty about 5 seasons ago, he loves to sign players who have done well against us in what was probably his best game in about 18 fecking months, only at SCFC.

Berbatov on 15:29 - Nov 3 with 1946 viewsJackFish

Eh, I don't think the strikers are the problem, both will get enough goals if we give them good enough service IMO. We need to strengthen just about every other position before getting another striker.
Berbatov on 15:33 - Nov 3 with 1647 viewsJango

Berbatov on 15:29 - Nov 3 by JackFish

Eh, I don't think the strikers are the problem, both will get enough goals if we give them good enough service IMO. We need to strengthen just about every other position before getting another striker.

Bradley has said he's on our radar but there's lots of things on our radar. He's probably on the look out for players for all positions that need improving, but if he feels we need another striker to go with the 2 we've got and berbatov is available for free now, then it's a no brainier surely.
Berbatov on 15:34 - Nov 3 with 1643 viewsUxbridge

Berbatov on 15:29 - Nov 3 by JackFish

Amen.

If he's cheap, I don't see the harm. I'm not sure I see the point much either mind, but there we are.

But anyway, our problems aren't up front. Pretty much everywhere else.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Berbatov on 15:36 - Nov 3 with 1632 viewsmax936

Berbatov on 15:27 - Nov 3 by Oldjack

May as well get Lee back ,at least he's still banging them in

Its getting even sillier now Alan it really is ffs.

Berbatov on 15:39 - Nov 3 with 1611 viewsexiledinenglandjack

What's the situation with the squad and home grown player allowance. Weren't we getting close to being short of home grown players when ash left?

He might not be able to sign because of that
Berbatov on 15:42 - Nov 3 with 1596 viewsOldjack

Berbatov on 15:33 - Nov 3 by Jango

Bradley has said he's on our radar but there's lots of things on our radar. He's probably on the look out for players for all positions that need improving, but if he feels we need another striker to go with the 2 we've got and berbatov is available for free now, then it's a no brainier surely.

if your gonna waste wages at least do it with an half tidy player not a fuking deadbeat who's also notorious for disrupting the dressing room

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Berbatov on 15:55 - Nov 3 with 1542 viewslondonlisa2001

Berbatov on 15:34 - Nov 3 by Uxbridge

Amen.

If he's cheap, I don't see the harm. I'm not sure I see the point much either mind, but there we are.

But anyway, our problems aren't up front. Pretty much everywhere else.

Aye, the two up front have been banging them in...

In all seriousness, one of our problems is Siggy. He loses the ball almost every time he gets it at the moment. The number of times any positive play is breaking down with him is quite unbelievable. We have to try something different there if it continues, however good he can be.
Berbatov on 16:00 - Nov 3 with 1527 viewsThornburyswan

I really, really hope not & cannot see how a work shy forward fits with us or Bradley, crazy talk I hope - I'd genuinely prefer Trundle back.
Berbatov on 16:08 - Nov 3 with 1490 viewsJango

Berbatov on 16:00 - Nov 3 by Thornburyswan

I really, really hope not & cannot see how a work shy forward fits with us or Bradley, crazy talk I hope - I'd genuinely prefer Trundle back.

A 40 year old who's never done anything above league 1 over a 35 year old who's won everything domestically. That sums up the mentality of some of our fans
Berbatov on 16:09 - Nov 3 with 1483 viewsHugeEnkins

Zlatan is 35, like
Berbatov on 16:11 - Nov 3 with 1474 viewslondonlisa2001

Berbatov on 15:39 - Nov 3 by exiledinenglandjack

What's the situation with the squad and home grown player allowance. Weren't we getting close to being short of home grown players when ash left?

He might not be able to sign because of that

We replaced him with Mawson so it's not a problem. (Obviously it's a massive problem, just not on the homegrown bit).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024