Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Sheehan 22:19 - Nov 15 with 5225 viewsadamswan

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Josh appears to be playing really well for Newport, another brace tonight; Can't help but feel an injection of young, and importantly local enthusiasm might be just what we need. I'm sure there'll be those saying Newport is no measure against premier league, but, can we honestly say he doesn't deserve a chance based on some recent form of the first team. Recall in Jan?
Josh Sheehan on 17:35 - Nov 16 with 1057 viewsj01

Josh Sheehan on 14:41 - Nov 16 by ymaohyd

I'm not saying Curtis is the answer long term.

Why let a young manager oversee relegation?

If and when we are relegated we can go down the route of getting in a hardened Championship manager or a young 'left field' option.

Many suggested before Graham Potter manager of Ostersunds in Sweden. He has done remarkable job with a small club.

How about this guy Julian Nagelsmann hoffenheim manager
Josh Sheehan on 18:12 - Nov 16 with 1033 viewsClinton

Josh Sheehan on 14:41 - Nov 16 by ymaohyd

I'm not saying Curtis is the answer long term.

Why let a young manager oversee relegation?

If and when we are relegated we can go down the route of getting in a hardened Championship manager or a young 'left field' option.

Many suggested before Graham Potter manager of Ostersunds in Sweden. He has done remarkable job with a small club.

It looks like a 'go down and rebuild' job, I'd prefer the more left field manager than one of the merry-go-round of established managers.
Tend to agree that Potter would be the sort of guy we could look at. Exceptional record, albeit in Sweden and looks to have a bit of character. Ostersunds is Mo Barrows old club, I think. His assistant Billy Reid turned us down some years ago, allegedly; wouldnt harbour a grudge though.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Josh Sheehan on 18:16 - Nov 16 with 1028 viewsadamswan

Josh Sheehan on 16:56 - Nov 16 by jack247

If he was Ben Davies quality in his own position, he would have played for us by now and wouldn't be at Newport. People seem to seriously think youth players deserve a chance just because Ben was good enough.

We are in a relegation battle. We need to buy experienced midfielders in January, not recall ones that are doing well for Newport.

So you are suggesting Ben Davies would have been a regular starter for us had Taylor not been injured, and because he is playing for Newport, can't possibly play for us? Why didn't we tell Leon to find a new club when we were promoted, he played for us at the bottom of the football league, based on your logic that makes him automatically disqualifies him.

Why bother having a youth team?
I respect your opinion, but find it amazing you are against a suggestion of one of our better local prospects being given 15 minutes here and there. We are upset the soul has gone, but seem determined to go down the QPR route. What serious quality do you think will seriously come to Swansea in Jan?
Josh Sheehan on 18:18 - Nov 16 with 1024 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Why are people suggesting non Americans for the manager's job?

It's a prerequisite under the current ownership whether we like it or not.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Josh Sheehan on 18:38 - Nov 16 with 1009 viewsjasper_T

Josh Sheehan on 18:18 - Nov 16 by Joe_bradshaw

Nonsense, once this one goes down in flames there aren't any more of any note to replace him.
Josh Sheehan on 18:42 - Nov 16 with 1002 viewsDaggyjack

Sheehan will be an integral part of our side next year in the Championship along with Kingsley, VDH, Mawson, Fulton and McBurnie.
Josh Sheehan on 18:47 - Nov 16 with 995 viewskarnataka

Josh Sheehan on 18:18 - Nov 16 by Joe_bradshaw

Not only is it a prerequisite, unfortunately, it's the ONLY prerequisite.
Josh Sheehan on 18:51 - Nov 16 with 987 viewsjasper_T

Josh Sheehan on 18:42 - Nov 16 by Daggyjack

Sheehan will be an integral part of our side next year in the Championship along with Kingsley, VDH, Mawson, Fulton and McBurnie.

Roberts, King & James.
Login to get fewer ads

Josh Sheehan on 18:55 - Nov 16 with 984 viewsnantywatcher

Jack247 is one of the posters whose views I really respect on here but I agree it is the only way to find out - look at Marcus rashford - if it wasn't for an unexpected injury it's doubtful if he would have made the man u team for months or years. Some youngsters, like Ben, thrive on that challenge, League 2 to Premier is a massive leap but likewise is the quality of players around you (and I totally dismiss comments about all our players being sh*t. I tend to agree that we are already too far adrift to avoid relegation but I'm adamant this group with right manager and system were more than good enough to retain our status.) I'd rather go down and unearth some hidden gems on the way than buy any more journeyman who don't give a sh*t who they are playing for!
Josh Sheehan on 19:26 - Nov 16 with 949 viewsjack247

Josh Sheehan on 18:16 - Nov 16 by adamswan

So you are suggesting Ben Davies would have been a regular starter for us had Taylor not been injured, and because he is playing for Newport, can't possibly play for us? Why didn't we tell Leon to find a new club when we were promoted, he played for us at the bottom of the football league, based on your logic that makes him automatically disqualifies him.

Why bother having a youth team?
I respect your opinion, but find it amazing you are against a suggestion of one of our better local prospects being given 15 minutes here and there. We are upset the soul has gone, but seem determined to go down the QPR route. What serious quality do you think will seriously come to Swansea in Jan?

Ben Davies would have broken into the team, just not as abruptly as he did. Laudrup had already earmarked him by promoting to the first team squad. It wasn't an accident he was on the bench that day.

I'm not saying he can't ever play for us, I'm saying the step from league two to Premier is ridiculous. I wouldn't have put Leon straight into a PL team the season after the Hull game either.

I don't know what quality we will bring in in January, but like you and everyone else, I will be fcking tamping if we sign them from Newport.
Josh Sheehan on 19:46 - Nov 16 with 940 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Josh Sheehan on 16:56 - Nov 16 by jack247

If he was Ben Davies quality in his own position, he would have played for us by now and wouldn't be at Newport. People seem to seriously think youth players deserve a chance just because Ben was good enough.

We are in a relegation battle. We need to buy experienced midfielders in January, not recall ones that are doing well for Newport.

No he wouldn't, Ben only played because Taylor broke his leg, no other reason.
Josh Sheehan on 19:50 - Nov 16 with 935 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Josh Sheehan on 19:26 - Nov 16 by jack247

Ben Davies would have broken into the team, just not as abruptly as he did. Laudrup had already earmarked him by promoting to the first team squad. It wasn't an accident he was on the bench that day.

I'm not saying he can't ever play for us, I'm saying the step from league two to Premier is ridiculous. I wouldn't have put Leon straight into a PL team the season after the Hull game either.

I don't know what quality we will bring in in January, but like you and everyone else, I will be fcking tamping if we sign them from Newport.

Is that the same Laudrup that said Donnelly would be "A shining star in the Premiership"?
And then promptly ignored him for 18 months.
Josh Sheehan on 20:46 - Nov 16 with 898 viewsjack247

Josh Sheehan on 19:46 - Nov 16 by A_Fans_Dad

No he wouldn't, Ben only played because Taylor broke his leg, no other reason.

For 2 years?
Josh Sheehan on 20:47 - Nov 16 with 897 viewsjack247

Josh Sheehan on 19:50 - Nov 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Is that the same Laudrup that said Donnelly would be "A shining star in the Premiership"?
And then promptly ignored him for 18 months.

What point are you trying to make?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024