Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December 21:21 - Dec 9 with 12902 viewsMurph75

Hey all,

How we doing?

The supporters action group thought it would be a good idea to clarify our intentions before the meeting on the 19th of December.

Our main purpose of getting together is to raise awareness amongst the supporters (especially those who don’t frequent forums such as this) to what exactly is happening and has happened at boardroom level. Basically any action that we take at this point will be against the selling shareholders.

Personally, we have no ill feeling to the new owners as of yet. We believe that to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club.

We wish to put this out too you all, as people do have different views, but for now at least this will be our agenda, which will be open to all suggestions to create a mandate towards the best possible way to move forward.

We will try to answer any questions you may have, but please at this time accept that no specific details will be revealed on public forums until a clear mandate has been set. We look forward to your support.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2016 21:41]
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 09:19 - Dec 10 with 1598 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 08:03 - Dec 10 by monmouth

I totally get the animosity towards the new owners as I feel it myself, but I'm inclined to agree with Gary and Murph that they shouldn't be in the crosshairs yet (yet in bold italics). So I might have phrased it slightly differently. But isn't that something that should be discussed at the proposed meeting anyway?

To my mind the Yanks still have a chance to show different colours, and a campaign against the scummers that have already more than shown their colours is maybe a way to focus their minds ('you could be next'). Perlman is their man on point duty now, so will be reporting back a view from ground level and will be able to see the strength of feeling.

So I'd support the current strategy outlined. Whether it will have any impact is another thing, but bloody good on you guys for trying. If it comes off it will also give more power to the trust inside the tent too and, whatever anyone's views on the Trust's strategy, that has to be a good thing.

Good luck.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 8:05]

Thanks Monny.

I get the feeling towards the new owners, I really do.

What I feel at the moment is that the new owners are being taken for a ride by the ex directors and to a certain degree Jenkins is pulling a lot strings at the cub still.

The removal of the sell outs will allow the new owners to make their own decisions without the interference of others.

I can only speak about my thoughts here. I'm sure morningstar will contribute what he thinks in more articulate way than I just have.

Enjoy the game today lads and here is to 3 points.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 09:25 - Dec 10 with 1587 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 03:30 - Dec 10 by FerrieBodde

Personally, we have no ill feeling to the new owners as of yet. We believe that to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club.

this is bloody ridiculous. you're playing exactly into those scumbags' hands. how in the world do you not feel any ill will and intend to take any action towards those who have 1) done nothing but driven our club into the ground since they've taken over 2) allowed Jenkins, Morgan, and Dineen to stay on, with plans to appoint that last one back on the board 3) appointed an absolute clown of a manager that has turned us into the laughing stock of the league and 4) continues to backtrack on their promise to work with the trust, downright refusing to do so or even allow them to be in any way meaningfully involved

there is no way i can support this if you do not target the new owners. to say "to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club" is ridiculous when precisely the opposite is true. it's about fvcking time we took action against the Americans
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 5:25]

I get your anger to the board and share it to a certain degree. Until the new owners have had a chance to run the cub without the interference of others who I believe still have agendas and are behind a lot of the chaotic decisions being made then I will not direct my frustrations towards them.

If you can't support us then I respect your decision. What I will say is at least we're getting off our arse to do something about what's currently happening.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 09:30 - Dec 10 with 1578 viewsSoberBaker

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 08:03 - Dec 10 by monmouth

I totally get the animosity towards the new owners as I feel it myself, but I'm inclined to agree with Gary and Murph that they shouldn't be in the crosshairs yet (yet in bold italics). So I might have phrased it slightly differently. But isn't that something that should be discussed at the proposed meeting anyway?

To my mind the Yanks still have a chance to show different colours, and a campaign against the scummers that have already more than shown their colours is maybe a way to focus their minds ('you could be next'). Perlman is their man on point duty now, so will be reporting back a view from ground level and will be able to see the strength of feeling.

So I'd support the current strategy outlined. Whether it will have any impact is another thing, but bloody good on you guys for trying. If it comes off it will also give more power to the trust inside the tent too and, whatever anyone's views on the Trust's strategy, that has to be a good thing.

Good luck.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 8:05]

This.

AMOW

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 09:30 - Dec 10 with 1578 viewsSoberBaker

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 08:56 - Dec 10 by AngelRangelQS

The yanks true colors will be revealed by the end of January.

We can always focus on the sellouts until that point

And this.

AMOW

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 09:38 - Dec 10 with 1563 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 09:30 - Dec 10 by SoberBaker

And this.

It's make or break for a lot of people involved.

My only fear is that the new owners will/have recognised the squad needs improving only to be badly advised by Jenkins on transfers.

Lets not forget he was the one who said a full investigation was to take place after last season and then proceeds to sell our captain and top goal scorer without adequately replacing them.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 09:40 - Dec 10 with 1559 viewsSoberBaker

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 00:57 - Dec 10 by epaul

Awesome effort lads, living in London and work on a Sat so dont get to very many home games, but you got my full backing, its time to show these f*ckers who the club belongs to

Just remember

#donotgogently

"its time to show these f*ckers who the club belongs to"

I understand these sentiments, but being pedantic, are you implying that a football club belongs to its supporters?

AMOW

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 09:52 - Dec 10 with 1539 viewsLandore_Jack

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 09:30 - Dec 10 by SoberBaker

And this.

For me the American owners put too much faith in HJ. They thought they were buying a well run football club. They bought into the JTAK bullshit. They never thought things would turn out the way they have. They thought all was well behind the scenes. They never anticipated what was to come. Poor decisions such as player recruitment has finally caught up with us.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 10:05]

#backtojack

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:02 - Dec 10 with 1522 views3swan

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 09:52 - Dec 10 by Landore_Jack

For me the American owners put too much faith in HJ. They thought they were buying a well run football club. They bought into the JTAK bullshit. They never thought things would turn out the way they have. They thought all was well behind the scenes. They never anticipated what was to come. Poor decisions such as player recruitment has finally caught up with us.

That may well be the case, but if all was well behind the scenes then why did both sides keep all discussions secret from the Trust.

Goodwill and trust must be earned, they didn't get off on the right track, and by what has been posted have not improved the situation at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:08 - Dec 10 with 1504 viewsLandore_Jack

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:02 - Dec 10 by 3swan

That may well be the case, but if all was well behind the scenes then why did both sides keep all discussions secret from the Trust.

Goodwill and trust must be earned, they didn't get off on the right track, and by what has been posted have not improved the situation at all.

Apparently the Americans were told by HJ not to approach the Trust.

#backtojack

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:09 - Dec 10 with 1501 viewsSoberBaker

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 09:52 - Dec 10 by Landore_Jack

No matter who came in, I think it was the correct thing to do by keeping him on for the 'handover period'

Trouble is, is that Jenkins has been so focused on the sale of the club/cash in his bank account, that his eye has been right off the ball.

Probably being naive, but I'm hoping that due to our position and hatred coming his way, that Jenkins is trying to re-focus on trying to get us out of the shyte by telling the yanks they have to 'invest' on the pitch.

AMOW

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:12 - Dec 10 with 1490 views3swan

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:08 - Dec 10 by Landore_Jack

Yes I've heard that as well, but as businessmen who are paying out £ millions to buy shares, would you have alarm bells about why they should be told to ignore a 21% shareholder that you would have to work with in the future (if that was their intention)
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:12 - Dec 10 with 1488 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:08 - Dec 10 by Landore_Jack

I can only imagine that was the way. People saw pound signs and had already started spending their money. The last thing they wanted was the trust running the perspective owners out of town like they did previously.

That's only my opinion.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:13 - Dec 10 with 1483 viewsraynor94

And your source for this is? as arqs said in a previous post January will answer a lot of questions concerning the Americans

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:14 - Dec 10 with 1479 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:12 - Dec 10 by 3swan

Yes I've heard that as well, but as businessmen who are paying out £ millions to buy shares, would you have alarm bells about why they should be told to ignore a 21% shareholder that you would have to work with in the future (if that was their intention)

Depends on what they were being told.

As someone has previously stated if you believe all the media hype that has been thrown at us over the years the new owners probably thought they were buying a well oiled sure thing.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:17 - Dec 10 with 1468 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:13 - Dec 10 by raynor94

And your source for this is? as arqs said in a previous post January will answer a lot of questions concerning the Americans

January is key. We all know it can be quite difficult to secure signings during this window if you believe all the media darlings.

What I want to see is us go after our targets on the 1st of Jan and not scramble 2 or 3 days before it shuts buying players from inferior leagues hoping the gamble pays off.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:17 - Dec 10 with 1401 views3swan

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:14 - Dec 10 by Murph75

Depends on what they were being told.

As someone has previously stated if you believe all the media hype that has been thrown at us over the years the new owners probably thought they were buying a well oiled sure thing.

Still don't buy that as if I was spending all that money, would I just take the sellers and medias word or actually do some impartial digging.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:18 - Dec 10 with 1397 viewsLoyal

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:17 - Dec 10 by Murph75

January is key. We all know it can be quite difficult to secure signings during this window if you believe all the media darlings.

What I want to see is us go after our targets on the 1st of Jan and not scramble 2 or 3 days before it shuts buying players from inferior leagues hoping the gamble pays off.

They have known about the squad deficiency for months, I would hope that the players are already lined up, agreed and just a matter of bringing them in. If we are leaving it until January the fckrs should be flogged in the street.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:25 - Dec 10 with 1377 viewspencoedjack

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:18 - Dec 10 by Loyal

They have known about the squad deficiency for months, I would hope that the players are already lined up, agreed and just a matter of bringing them in. If we are leaving it until January the fckrs should be flogged in the street.

This 100% players should be ready to play after the fa cup weekend if they are not those who make these decisions need shagging

Great work Murph I will be there on 19th
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:28 - Dec 10 with 1366 viewsmonmouth

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 03:18 - Dec 10 by MyFinalHeaven

"Personally, we have no ill feeling to the new owners as of yet. We believe that to take action against them at this time could be very detrimental to both the short and possibly long term future of the club."

I don't agree with this. At at all.

Levien, Kaplan, Jenkins, and all the former shareholders are a common enemy. They're in cahoots with one another and it is Levien and Kaplan who have not only allowed Jenkins to stay on with his exorbitant salary but as the authoritative chairman and de facto Director of Football. Because Kaplan and Levien have stuff to tend to themselves and have both humbly admitted that they know fvck all about football, with Kaplan being the principal of a billion dollar asset management fund (Oaktree Capital) and Levien being an NBA agent, they have largely deferred to Jenkins and allowed him to do whatever he wants. So far, the only thing they've really done in terms of major decision making is appointing Bob Bradley. Which of course, was absolutely ridiculous and not okay.

To appoint Bradley and use our club as nothing more than a springboard to exploit the American market for football is downright insulting. Indeed, even Bob Bradley and Landon Donovan themselves could not keep quiet what the true intentions of his appointment were about, with both expressing what a "big opportunity" this is for American soccer. Meanwhile, Levien, seemingly unaware that his consultant and investment group partner Donovan has already spilled the beans, continues to spout bullsh*t in our match programmes about how Bradley wasn't appointed because of his nationality but by merit.

Then there's the issue of the fact that they have still not invested a single cent into our club.

These new owners are as scummy as they get, and they deserve as much vitriol and condemnation as that cvnt Jenkins does. Since they've become the owners, they have done nothing except lie, lie, and lie some more. They've spent more money on PR professionals than they have on the playing squad. Just look at some of the things these cretins have said after the takeover was completed:

"Steve and I have both said our first, second and third priority is what's going to help us on the pitch short and long-term"

"Our message to fans is we are very focused on winning and continued success."

""The biggest thing of all is that when we go out on that pitch we're competitive."

"We want to build a football club that is competitive, exciting to watch and sustainable over the long term. Perhaps Swansea has been seen as a stepping-stone club for some players in the past, a chance to show what they can do in the Premier League before moving quickly on. Those days are over."

"I'm a lover of sports and I'm highly competitive. I have a true passion for sport and winning," says Kaplan.

"It's something that I love, something that drives me to be involved in sports - you're in the game to win the game and that's why we're here."

"We will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom."

Just look at this drivel. It really beggars belief, doesn't it?

To only target only Jenkins and the former shareholders is wrong. Make no mistake--Kaplan and Levien are just as bad if not worse. Like those that sold us down the river, they're only in it for one thing, and that's the money.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 3:43]

"Perhaps Swansea has been seen as a stepping-stone club for some players in the past, a chance to show what they can do in the Premier League before moving quickly on. Those days are over."

Well fair play to the Yanks, they've already sorted that one.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:36 - Dec 10 with 1347 viewsMurph75

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:25 - Dec 10 by pencoedjack

This 100% players should be ready to play after the fa cup weekend if they are not those who make these decisions need shagging

Great work Murph I will be there on 19th

Thanks pencoed, I'm looking forward to sharing a pint with you.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:36 - Dec 10 with 1345 viewsOldjack

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 09:19 - Dec 10 by Murph75

Thanks Monny.

I get the feeling towards the new owners, I really do.

What I feel at the moment is that the new owners are being taken for a ride by the ex directors and to a certain degree Jenkins is pulling a lot strings at the cub still.

The removal of the sell outs will allow the new owners to make their own decisions without the interference of others.

I can only speak about my thoughts here. I'm sure morningstar will contribute what he thinks in more articulate way than I just have.

Enjoy the game today lads and here is to 3 points.

The removal of the sell outs will allow the new owners to make their own decisions without the interference of others. ummm, they know fuk all about the beautiful game ,and will/are fuking it up for us

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:37 - Dec 10 with 1341 viewsMurph75

I hope that's what they've done. With our current self appointed DOF still in charge I'm doubtful.
Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:42 - Dec 10 with 1324 viewsraynor94

And that is the correct answer

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:47 - Dec 10 with 1312 viewsskippyjack

We're pretty much doomed...

Morgan
Jenkins
Americans
Our Supporters Director are pretty much a clique chasing the American dream..

We are an irrelevance.. and in fairness to T2C.. he called it all spot on.. Swansea City FC was never a democratic institution in which the fans had any input.. it was all about personal gain from people in certain positions.

You can protest all you want.. but the sale of the club has been signed off by the supporters director.. you can waste trust funds, personal funds and get all the expertise in the world.. we were signed off.. it's too late to take any action..

Just watch the American dream go right down the swanee.. and it'll be us fans on the losing end unfortunately.

It's all too late.. We're in for a bumpy ride.. unless we can use our 21% shareholding properly.. and build up a significant war chest through fan donations to the trust to challenge decisions.. we're in the world of capital coorporation now.. Money talks.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2016 10:52]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:50 - Dec 10 with 1306 viewsLandore_Jack

Supporters action group meeting 19th of December on 10:13 - Dec 10 by raynor94

It was announced in one of the Trust meetings a while back.

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024