Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reality check - Outside perspective 21:33 - Dec 17 with 8118 viewsUSA

I'm not a life long Swans fan...I'm an American fan who took interest in your team once Bradley got the job. I've never had a favorite EPL team, I tend to just follow European teams where Americans get playing time. I can totally simpathize with the gravity of your situation. Many of you have watched your team rise through the levels of English football and get to a point where Swansea is known to be a quality mid-table team. This year, you are most likely gonna be bottom third the whole season if not right at the relegation line. Last year I followed Alerdyce and Sunderland closely, because Deandre Yedlin was on the team. They went down to the final day. THIS Swansea Team is better then they were.

Having said that, maybe I'm biased, but your main issue is not coaching...it's talent level. The defense STILL can't mark a man. Game after game, strikers are left open without a body on them. Is this on the coach? I can recognize the case for that, but I have to put that on the guys on the field. If you are an EPL defender, you should be able to mark a man. Whether it's goals 1 and 3 today, Everton, Crystal Palace, West Brom, the theme is the same...the ball hitting the ground in the box or put to a strikers head while Swans defenders look like statues. Bradley has pointed it out time and time. What do you expect him to do? It's tough to make a turd sandwich taste good. Losing Williams was the worst thing that happened to the swans.

From an outside perspective, I see real good football at times. The team is back to stringing 1 time passes together. I feel that since the Everton game, they have looked good for vast periods of the game only to give up stupid goals. Gilfi, Britton and Fulton are 100% the whole game and should be applauded. They are keepers. The rest of the team could be scrapped...which won't happen, but...

The majority of your fan base is acting like the sky is falling. There are a lot of bottom feeders this year and there is plenty of season left. No coach is going to do any better with the players available. Step back, sack it up and get behind your team.

My 2 cents. Go Swans!

Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:37 - Dec 17 with 6067 viewsshandyjack

Any coach with half a brain or ability could get more out othos squad,it's not great but it's a lot better than the dross Bobbley is producing from them

Poll: Expectation for the season

Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:37 - Dec 17 with 6087 viewsDarran

No it's got a lot to do with Bradley and it's nothing to do with his nationality either it's just that he's clueless.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:39 - Dec 17 with 6042 viewsShonky

Its just a ride...

Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:42 - Dec 17 with 6007 viewsharryhpalmer

we have gone from conceding less than a goal a game under the previous manager, with the same squad, to letting in 2 goals on average in Bob's first 5 games, and 3 goals per game since he hired his No.2, defensive coaching guru Paul Williams.

So to say the coach is not the main problem is BS my friend!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:44 - Dec 17 with 5963 viewsblueytheblue

The problem however is the elephant in the room.

Bradley wasn't appointed due to excellence in domestic competitions. It was because he was American and cheap(ish).

Sorry, Bradley is the one at fault. Came in full of brashness, chip on shoulder - after all, he'd previously stated he'd not been given a chance at the highest level, was on par with Klopp, Pep et al. When you act like your s**t doesn't stink, you'd better damn well prove it.

Good managers can get players over-achieving. Good manager know when to lift players, when to give deserved kicks up the arses. I'd not be surprised if some in the dressing room had little to no respect for Bradley. We replaced Trollope with Warnock, individual player performances have improved - Gunnarsson for example looks more like the player he is for Iceland.

The issue is coaching. 28 goals conceded in the last 10 games. Since Bradley came along, Swansea have leaked goals. Saying "you should be able to mark a man" is overly simplistic - it's not a case of "oh I see a player free, I'll pick him up". What is Bradley coaching them to do - mark man to man? Zonal?

Losing Williams wasn't the worst thing. His performances for Everton have been mostly poor. £12m was a good deal - the problem was not effectively replacing a player in the downside of his career.

People are acting as if the sky is falling because unlike the majority of Americans, they can see what will happen. Should Swansea relegate, there's an instant massive decrease in TV money which drives football in Britain. The Championship is an incredibly difficult division to get out of, unless you're say a Newcastle. The teams there area lot more even than in the Prem - if you don't promote straight away, the squad gets ripped apart. As Portsmouth, Coventry have shown, if things aren't right off the pitch, you can plummet even further.

The season isn't over, sure. With Bradley in charge, I think Swansea will go down. Without, I think they'll stay up.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:49 - Dec 17 with 5932 viewsSwanseajill

But as a coach Bob should see where we are weak and concentrate the whole training hours to defensive work.
Leaking (I think it's sixteen) goals in the last six games, is a fact I can't recall us playing that badly defensively in the 40 years I've watched them.
There is apathy in our club currently, and this comes from the board room and is filtering throughout the team, the ground staff and throughout some of our fans.
Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:49 - Dec 17 with 5914 viewsjack2jack

Look we weren't brilliant under FG,but at least there were seeds of a recovery.But I'm sorry but it's turned to dog s***t since BB has turned up,our goalkeeper has let in more goals than anyone in the league,our defence is god damn awful,not saying the players don't have some responsibility,but surely you can see the manager,who by the way takes training everyday,comes up with a game plan,sets the team up is not responsible in someway for this complete and utter cluster f**k. Oh and btw we do get behind the team thank you very much,but at the moment we are not happy. Oh and another thing I do think that another manager, who understands this league would do better,cheers for your input.
Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:52 - Dec 17 with 5877 viewsImAlrightJack

MLS is the worse league I've ever watched a game, although it was on TV. It's where all the has been end up for Christs sake!
Login to get fewer ads

Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:53 - Dec 17 with 5854 viewsymaohyd

I'm a fan of American sports and follow the MLS. I have a lot of time for American 'soccer' folk as I know how hard it is to follow soccer or play soccer against the mainstream sports. The MLS' attendance is improving every year and puts many European leagues to shame and the passion of the supporters for clubs, particularly Seattle and Portland would surprise many who aren't aware over here of the supporter culture.

So against that I would love to see Bob doing well. He isn't a bad coach, however at this level and within these set of circumstances he is way out of his depth. He didn't get the job on merit and your American compatriots have created an unsavoury and unnecessary situation.

He needs to go ASAP for all concerned....sadly.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:55 - Dec 17 with 5836 viewsblueytheblue

Some of the MLS crowds are fantastic - credit where it's due.

The main issue though is that defending in MLS is woeful. Let's be honest, look at Bradley Wright-Phillips goalscoring record there.

Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:55 - Dec 17 with 5824 viewsJackBaston

our defence isnt the best, but its only one player thats different from last season

look at the welsh national team, coleman knew our defence wasnt as strong as other teams, so he plays with a back 5 and not 4

It's the manager, and always is. A manager who blames the players and the players quality shouldnt even be in the job
If he truly feels the centre backs hes got at his disposal are that poor, theres some good cbs in our u23s who are top of the premier league 2

bradleys all talk, a good manager would be more worried about fixing things in training than moaning about everything in press conferences and accusing his own fans of being racist towards him
Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:56 - Dec 17 with 5817 viewslegoman

Mate, I respect your comments, but the EPL is the most difficult league in the world. Just look at the season Pep Guardiola is having. You need considerable high level experience to survive in this league let alone to win it, and I echo much of what my fellow posters have said. It has nothing to do with Bob's nationality and everything to do with his CV - he just hasn't got the pedigree to succeed at this level.

I have no inside knowledge but imho it seems highly likely Bob was appointed by his American bosses because he was American. He's been thrown to the wolves, I'm afraid.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:56 - Dec 17 with 5817 viewsjack2jack

Oh and another thing it's COYS, not Go Swans, cheers again
Reality check - Outside perspective on 22:02 - Dec 17 with 5764 viewsWhiterockin

The original poster is a perfect example of why Americans should "butt out" of football. They think they know it all and have't got a clue.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Reality check - Outside perspective on 22:08 - Dec 17 with 5712 viewsphact0rri

I suppose being both american and welsh (both legally and biologically), I can see both sides of the situation. I think that an american manager getting work abroad is a great thing and puts hope for other managers in the US hoping to make a go at the top level of sport. And I can see why americans feel so proud of the appointment and want him to do well.

However, simply saying 'the talent in the dressing room isn't there', and not the fault of Bradley, is a bit ridiclous. I don't know if you've seen us under any other stewardship. I don't know what your thought about the talent level or size of this club was supposed to be coming into it. Yes were not at the talent level we've been in years past. But we've got enough talent to not be conceeding three goals on average a match.

Its as though all the training is putting the ball forward and one-two touches more than keeping shape and tracking back. If you watch us under Guidolin, verses under Bradley you will definately see how much trouble he has at keeping organzation in a free flowing fast atmosphere that is the premiere league.

Its not that Bradley is a bad coach, its just that his strengths as a manager don't really sync up with the way the game is played across the pond. And we need someone who has the strength and wisdom to compete in this league.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Reality check - Outside perspective on 22:09 - Dec 17 with 5689 viewsjackportis

Being American is the expectation that 'this guy Bob" against all the odds like a Bruce Willis or a seagal hero will turn this little down and out team around? From day one he has brought nothing but a disaster just like the American owners. Due to poor performances and his high sales pitch about himself I now know why you guys use the expression good dam as hole son of a bi tch.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Reality check - Outside perspective on 22:10 - Dec 17 with 5679 viewsBloodyhills

Bradley is out of his depth. I wish he wasn't but he is and he's taking us down.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Reality check - Outside perspective on 22:15 - Dec 17 with 5630 viewsShonky

Reality check - Outside perspective on 22:09 - Dec 17 by jackportis

Being American is the expectation that 'this guy Bob" against all the odds like a Bruce Willis or a seagal hero will turn this little down and out team around? From day one he has brought nothing but a disaster just like the American owners. Due to poor performances and his high sales pitch about himself I now know why you guys use the expression good dam as hole son of a bi tch.

My god you are a fking moron.

Its just a ride...

Reality check - Outside perspective on 22:28 - Dec 17 with 5548 viewsairedale

Reality check - Outside perspective on 22:15 - Dec 17 by Shonky

My god you are a fking moron.

He just trusts his spellchecker to do his posts mun.
Reality check - Outside perspective on 22:57 - Dec 17 with 5466 viewsGowerjack

Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:44 - Dec 17 by blueytheblue

Bradley wasn't appointed due to excellence in domestic competitions. It was because he was American and cheap(ish).

Sorry, Bradley is the one at fault. Came in full of brashness, chip on shoulder - after all, he'd previously stated he'd not been given a chance at the highest level, was on par with Klopp, Pep et al. When you act like your s**t doesn't stink, you'd better damn well prove it.

Good managers can get players over-achieving. Good manager know when to lift players, when to give deserved kicks up the arses. I'd not be surprised if some in the dressing room had little to no respect for Bradley. We replaced Trollope with Warnock, individual player performances have improved - Gunnarsson for example looks more like the player he is for Iceland.

The issue is coaching. 28 goals conceded in the last 10 games. Since Bradley came along, Swansea have leaked goals. Saying "you should be able to mark a man" is overly simplistic - it's not a case of "oh I see a player free, I'll pick him up". What is Bradley coaching them to do - mark man to man? Zonal?

Losing Williams wasn't the worst thing. His performances for Everton have been mostly poor. £12m was a good deal - the problem was not effectively replacing a player in the downside of his career.

People are acting as if the sky is falling because unlike the majority of Americans, they can see what will happen. Should Swansea relegate, there's an instant massive decrease in TV money which drives football in Britain. The Championship is an incredibly difficult division to get out of, unless you're say a Newcastle. The teams there area lot more even than in the Prem - if you don't promote straight away, the squad gets ripped apart. As Portsmouth, Coventry have shown, if things aren't right off the pitch, you can plummet even further.

The season isn't over, sure. With Bradley in charge, I think Swansea will go down. Without, I think they'll stay up.

Fuc king hell Bluey.

That was almost a perfect summation of our position.

Then you had to f uck it up " relegate" is not a verb you f uckin plum.

Swansea cannot relegate however they can be relegated.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Reality check - Outside perspective on 23:06 - Dec 17 with 5414 viewsblueytheblue

Reality check - Outside perspective on 22:57 - Dec 17 by Gowerjack

Fuc king hell Bluey.

That was almost a perfect summation of our position.

Then you had to f uck it up " relegate" is not a verb you f uckin plum.

Swansea cannot relegate however they can be relegated.

Oi mush, if I use it as a verb, then it's a verb.

I was trying to dumb my post down to use American English to make it easier for the op to understand but I just couldn't bring myself to follow their linguistic genocide upon the letter "u".

Reality check - Outside perspective on 23:09 - Dec 17 with 5393 viewsGowerjack

Reality check - Outside perspective on 23:06 - Dec 17 by blueytheblue

Oi mush, if I use it as a verb, then it's a verb.

I was trying to dumb my post down to use American English to make it easier for the op to understand but I just couldn't bring myself to follow their linguistic genocide upon the letter "u".

Hey Butt

Dont call me Mush ok.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Reality check - Outside perspective on 23:39 - Dec 17 with 5314 viewsjackofalltrades

Oh how I wish that not one American - whether it be fans, owners, investors, third rate managers or hot dog sellers - had ever taken any interest whatsoever in my local team.
Reality check - Outside perspective on 00:07 - Dec 18 with 5237 viewsZZoric

Reality check - Outside perspective on 23:39 - Dec 17 by jackofalltrades

Oh how I wish that not one American - whether it be fans, owners, investors, third rate managers or hot dog sellers - had ever taken any interest whatsoever in my local team.

THIS

Commercial American Blueprint - utter shite utter not our Way
Reality check - Outside perspective on 00:43 - Dec 18 with 5135 viewsnavyjack

Reality check - Outside perspective on 21:44 - Dec 17 by blueytheblue

F*ck me-one of those have said it as it is.

I'll get my coat.

im done here.

See you on the bubble coach lads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024