Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? 15:43 - Dec 18 with 10173 viewsthereisnospoon

It's seriously appalling looking at comments here and on social media saying how we shouldn't conduct protests or take action that could potentially "disrupt" the team. Imagine if we had followed such cowardly and spineless guidelines when Tony Petty was in charge. We probably would have went down.

It really begs the question: are we really the same city that ran Petty out of town? What happened to all our dignity? All our ferocity? All our pride?

As long as we continue to attend matches without so much as a whimper of disapproval towards those in charge, nothing will change. Our club is going down faster than a bowl of gruel in front of a group of pigs. Forget a chant here and there about how Jenkins needs to get our of our club or how the Yanks are greedy bastards. More needs to be done.

The squad is playing like dogsh1t as it is. They literally couldn't possibly be any worse. I really don't get how a pitch invasion or a walk out could make them play any poorer than they are now. It's protests like that which need to take place right now, and, frankly, it might be something that could actually give our squad a kick in the ass and make them play a tad bit better.

The only hope we have of saving our team is to take action. We need to make our feelings felt to the board and the owners in as forceful and potent a way as possible. I'm talking action like a protest march throughout the streets like what Charlton supporters did recently or storming the pitch like what Coventry supporters did recently. If we don't take action such as this, there is ZERO chance of anything changing, zero chance of the clueless knob currently in charge of getting sacked, and zero chance of any money being spent on the squad in January. As it stands, the club ownership are standing firm in their decision to stick by their man and to date, no assurances have been made as to whether we will get any investment in January, just a pathetic "guarantee" of an extension of an overdraft. This will not be any different until we start making the cvnts in charge feel as unwelcome as possible in and around the Liberty and make an open objection about what has essentially been the rape of our beloved club.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 15:46]
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 11:37 - Dec 19 with 2326 viewsDafyddHuw

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 06:33 - Dec 19 by Kilkennyjack

The yanks money was accepted by our previous board.
The old board took the money for themselves , as shareholders, and it was not invested in the team.
The old Board are the cause of all this mess.

The only thing you can question the current board on is the appointment of Bob.

So buying the club behind the Trust's back was OK with you?
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 12:01 - Dec 19 with 2285 views34dfgdf54

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 11:37 - Dec 19 by DafyddHuw

So buying the club behind the Trust's back was OK with you?

Deleted - Read it wrong.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 12:01]
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 12:48 - Dec 21 with 2210 viewsthereisnospoon

In Phil Sumbler's latest interview, he said this:

"If you look at any Premier League football club then the TV deal keeps going up, I think they probably bought the club on the cheap as well. If we are in the Premier League in three or five years time then it will probably be worth double that. So it’s important that we prepare ourselves right now because these guys might turn out to be alright but the next ones might not. We don’t know."

It's beyond worrying that the only thing the trust are willing to do in a time when great action and upheaval is needed is to idly sit back and hope that "these guys might turn out to be alright." Jesus f***ing Christ.

How they haven't started organizing protests is beyond me. These new owners have treated the trust like sh*t time and time again and yet they cling on to the false hope that things may change. This is akin to a relationship between a timid and disheveled dog that continues to cling to his owner's side despite constant abuse and beatings.

NEWSFLASH: The Americans, as they have from day 1, see (and have treated) the trust as nothing more than a burden, hindrance, and obstacle towards them making a profit and them having complete control. The sooner they realize this the better. Seriously.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2016 12:49]
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 17:35 - Dec 26 with 2122 viewsthereisnospoon

Forget merely Jenkins. Everyone at the helm should not be allowed to show their face in Swansea, much less strut around at the Liberty. I'm talking all of them--Morgan, Dineen, van Zweden, Levien, Kaplan, Pearlman, and anyone else on the board or the ownership group. Fvck all those bastards. They all deserve the Petty treatment.

Like I said before, not only do we need protests and walkouts, but they're long fvcking overdue. LONG fvcking overdue.
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 03:38 - Nov 23 with 1908 viewsthereisnospoon

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 12:48 - Dec 21 by thereisnospoon

In Phil Sumbler's latest interview, he said this:

"If you look at any Premier League football club then the TV deal keeps going up, I think they probably bought the club on the cheap as well. If we are in the Premier League in three or five years time then it will probably be worth double that. So it’s important that we prepare ourselves right now because these guys might turn out to be alright but the next ones might not. We don’t know."

It's beyond worrying that the only thing the trust are willing to do in a time when great action and upheaval is needed is to idly sit back and hope that "these guys might turn out to be alright." Jesus f***ing Christ.

How they haven't started organizing protests is beyond me. These new owners have treated the trust like sh*t time and time again and yet they cling on to the false hope that things may change. This is akin to a relationship between a timid and disheveled dog that continues to cling to his owner's side despite constant abuse and beatings.

NEWSFLASH: The Americans, as they have from day 1, see (and have treated) the trust as nothing more than a burden, hindrance, and obstacle towards them making a profit and them having complete control. The sooner they realize this the better. Seriously.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2016 12:49]

Last year in December I made the post above.

If only the trust had taken heed and listened. Christ.

It's beyond appalling how only NOW have people fully realized that the owners are a gang of parasites intent on making as much money as possible irregardless of how many people they screw over and back stab. I've been yelling this from the rooftops since the takeover--you don't have to look far into Levien and Kaplan's histories to know they are scum. Kaplan is a hedge fund manager while Levien is a sports agent who burned bridges and fell out (in quick succession too) with both of the teams he was an executive in (Sacramento Kings and Memphis Grizzlies). Let's not forget the fact that the other football team he owns, DC United (since 2011) has seen ZERO investment since he became managing director and consistently finishes last. This year they were dead last in the league. The piece of sh1t also took public funds that were intended for schools in the DC area to finance the club's new stadium.

These guys are as worse as it gets. I don't know about you, but I firmly believe Kaplan and Levien are worse than Petty. Frankly, it's not even close. At least Petty was up front and direct about his plans to make money from us and made no deceptions about who he was and what his intentions were.
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 07:01 - Nov 23 with 1862 viewsSwanLuke

Everyone is agreeing about showing our discontent but we all know it will be a drab atmosphere until we go 1 down then the chants start.
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 07:52 - Nov 23 with 1808 viewsNeath_Jack

The Premier League is what happened to us.

Fans have been seduced by the big clubs and some of the best players in the world playing in front of us every other week.

The Trust ceased being a force to be reckoned with when we got here, with all it's trappings.

A good percentage of fans are only here because of the Premier League, and if/when we fall out of it, they will go scurrying off from whence they came.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:00 - Nov 23 with 1715 viewsConcerned_Parent

I was down voted and berated on here last year for saying that the trust needed to grow a backbone. How they keep bending over backwards for the Americans is appalling.

To date the trust still haven't grown one. It'd be best for all parties involved if the trust cleared house and started over completely fresh.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:07 - Nov 23 with 1700 viewsDarran

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:30 - Dec 18 by lifelong

Quite frankly Richard, I don't wish to seem that I'm keeping on at you, but, how can you justify telling us fans what to do when you can't be bothered to go to the games yourself?

It's very odd.

And the cock is still doing it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:22 - Nov 23 with 1691 viewsmonmouth

WE have become Sunderland on the pitch. Lazy feckless ballbags that only EVER pull their fingers out on a mangerial change for a few games, and hope to survive. Eventually it catches up with you and you keep falling. Barring another miracle, our managers will get steadily worse and our payroll will strangle us.

It's too late for the Trust to prevent this so reform yourselves and sue the f*ckers to get the money to start again. Shit or bust. Or, just stay as a poodle and just fade away and die.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:24 - Nov 23 with 1684 viewsJack59

Don't forget we were only down to a four thousand or so fans at the time of Petty, and nearly all were hardcore supporters.
Although we've got a much bigger fan base of 17 or 18k now, I think there are still the same number of hardcore fans available for some serious disruption.
I believe that in a few months, or whenever the time comes, future disorder will be greater than in those days, if simply because of the huge amounts of money swishing around now compared to then.
The 10 or 12k fans who will not join any action or advocate it will be disappearing in a couple of years when we are in League 1, so probably best to forget they even exist.
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:59 - Nov 23 with 1659 viewsbyron

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 11:25 - Dec 19 by Oldjack

When those greedy fuks signed on the dotted line ,that was it the beginning of the end ,how they can't see that sill baffles me ,''guardians of the club'' my arse .

This is how it will pan out on boxing day ,we get a tonking ,all hell may well break out , we play well and get something out of the game ,it'll go all quiet on the Western front ,until the next bad loss, which as it stands won't be long in coming .
.I'm getting to hate them really bad now! should i seek help?

Exactly, you can’t run these big businessmen out of town, they have it all on their side now, not like tin pot petty. He didn’t have his own security, lawyers and police to Help out. The swans will never be the same again now, supposedly owned by locals who care....yeah rightio like that’s the truth. No wonder we are losing real fans in droves

Benny

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 17:23 - Nov 23 with 1634 viewsLandore_Jack

Plenty of talk but very few will back it up with action. Just like the protest at home to Brighton. Eight people including myself bothered to turn up.

#backtojack

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 17:46 - Nov 23 with 1616 viewsJack59

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 17:23 - Nov 23 by Landore_Jack

Plenty of talk but very few will back it up with action. Just like the protest at home to Brighton. Eight people including myself bothered to turn up.

In fairness, the Brighton game was a bit early. Most fans are still deluding themselves that there may be yet another miracle and that we'll survive again, plus the idiots on the board who got us in this position.
Timing is every thing, It probably will all go off soon after xmas.

Brilliant that you were at that Brighton protest!
Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 20:01 - Nov 23 with 1574 viewsLoyal

The country is a different place to 17 years ago. It's softer, lazier and spoon fed. Expect nothing other than a whimper with one or two attempts to give a few people a kicking.
And don't forget the violence, aggression and planning actually came from the likes of the fans that took over the club in 2002 with assistance from recognised hooligans of the day and supporters in England. There isn't the desire now, we have all had what we craved fo regards success, and to be honest many yearn for the old days and couldn't care for all this greedy money shit.
The ways to hurt and hit the likes of Jenkins hard were explored last season away from the glare here, to be honest at this moment in time its too hard for anyine to be bothered, and I agree.
Who really cares, we want to fight to save a club that if successful gives the actual very people we despise avenues to more money, think about it. Why the fck bother.
Go down the pub, take the Mrs out for a bit of grub, go for a w@nk in a field, whatever.
But who fcking cares anymore. The only beficiaries will be the scum everyone wants rid of. Catch 22, do something else. fck it.
I'm fcked if I'm fighting for the benefit of sell outs to get more money or for greedy fcking players to take more out of the community than they will ever put in.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 20:30 - Nov 23 with 1549 viewsWingstandwood

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 20:01 - Nov 23 by Loyal

The country is a different place to 17 years ago. It's softer, lazier and spoon fed. Expect nothing other than a whimper with one or two attempts to give a few people a kicking.
And don't forget the violence, aggression and planning actually came from the likes of the fans that took over the club in 2002 with assistance from recognised hooligans of the day and supporters in England. There isn't the desire now, we have all had what we craved fo regards success, and to be honest many yearn for the old days and couldn't care for all this greedy money shit.
The ways to hurt and hit the likes of Jenkins hard were explored last season away from the glare here, to be honest at this moment in time its too hard for anyine to be bothered, and I agree.
Who really cares, we want to fight to save a club that if successful gives the actual very people we despise avenues to more money, think about it. Why the fck bother.
Go down the pub, take the Mrs out for a bit of grub, go for a w@nk in a field, whatever.
But who fcking cares anymore. The only beficiaries will be the scum everyone wants rid of. Catch 22, do something else. fck it.
I'm fcked if I'm fighting for the benefit of sell outs to get more money or for greedy fcking players to take more out of the community than they will ever put in.

It’s crazy to think something that would have sounded absolutely insane a few years back? The fact (understandable IMO) many supporters now seem like they could not give a sh#t anymore even if the club does get relegated. And bygone year’s desperation to keep PL status is no longer even that precious or vital. How times are truly changing?

I'll have sympathy for the ordinary SCFC staff made redundant of course. But if relegation means the sell-out vultures can no longer pick away, year on year, from the juicy PL carcass and it means they start turning on each other with infighting for far lesser and meagre Championship pickings……. I will take a sh#t load of comfort from that. That would be some form of Karma-revenge for me anyhow.

Argus!

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 20:33 - Nov 23 with 1543 viewsmax936

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 20:01 - Nov 23 by Loyal

Fair play that's a heartfelt thought out post right there and pretty much spot on.

You won't walk away though Loyal none of us on here will in all honesty, we've invested so much into the club its simply to hard to just say, lets fuk it off and do somin else I'm not saying some of us might do it for a little while but the draw will be to big to simply just walk away and not look back. IMO

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 00:44 - Nov 24 with 1470 viewsIslingtonJack1912

Are we really the same city that ran Tony Petty out of town? on 16:04 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

Amen to that.

I truly believe the people of Swansea are on their knees having had the guts kicked out of them from politicians, industrialists and now our football club seems to be a place of doom.

Not long ago, any negativity on ps was jumped upon ,now we all feel as one.

We need to get nasty if we want to sort this .

Ive suggested this before only to be jumped upon ,well feck that, this club is melting away and no fan nor any city should allow it to go without a fight.

Every man woman child that goes to our games...this means you so stand up all the game everyone of uou, cause havoc ,be unpleasant ,be hateful but direct it at the right people.

We re decent fans and fine people and we don't deserve this

Spoken like a true Ex Liverpudlian Copper!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024