Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it coz I is black? 12:09 - Dec 28 with 3959 viewsNeiltheTaylor

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/27/sports/soccer/bob-bradley-fired-swansea-city.h
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 12:10]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Is it coz I is black? on 12:40 - Dec 28 with 3819 viewsjack247

They must be going apoplectic over at bigsoccer
Is it coz I is black? on 12:51 - Dec 28 with 3768 viewsNeiltheTaylor

One thing the coverage seems to be overlooking is that we are the first team to give an American a shot - hired by a non American apparently - and it seems Jenks wanted to keep with him longer, but his American paymasters must have made the decision to sack him as they could see their "investment" going down the sh1tter.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 12:51]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Is it coz I is black? on 12:52 - Dec 28 with 3752 viewswestwalesed

"Or rather, it is going to go out and find a man – almost certainly a white man, and most likely one who in most other walks of life would be about ready for his pension"

An otherwise decent article complete lost me at this point. What has the ethnicity of the likely replacement got to do with anything???

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Is it coz I is black? on 12:52 - Dec 28 with 3752 viewssotonswan

nytimes....

If you vote for Trump you're a racist

If you vote for Brexit you're a racist

If you want an old experienced manager (let's face it probably white) then you're a racist.

I hope you're feeling thoroughly ashamed of yourselves!

Or have you started laughing at them and their hopeless broken record?

No our judgement is just fine. We can look after ourselves thanks.
Bye Bye NY Times.

We are the NORTH BANK POPULAR FRONT ! (in no way affiliated to those splitters the North Bank Alliance.) WWG1WGA

Is it coz I is black? on 12:53 - Dec 28 with 3738 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Yanks appointed him , because he was an American .

Full stop end of story ,it's bitten them on their butts

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Is it coz I is black? on 12:54 - Dec 28 with 3718 viewsGlyn1

Racism is irrelevant in this instance.

However, there should be lots of black managers in football and there isn't, so there's something going wrong somewhere along the line.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is it coz I is black? on 13:01 - Dec 28 with 3664 viewslondonlisa2001

Is it coz I is black? on 12:53 - Dec 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Yanks appointed him , because he was an American .

Full stop end of story ,it's bitten them on their butts

Exactly.

Fed up of the fans being blamed for not giving him a chance because he is American.

The reverse is true - he was ONLY appointed because he is American, and the fans didn't want him because his lack of any relevant experience meant it was completely obvious he would be as bad as he has been to anyone that knows anything at all about the game.

Ironically of course, given all the 'it's great for US soccer' comments when he was appointed, the reverse is true, as his performance has been as bad for US soccer getting any further opportunities as it could have been. He's set the cause back years.
Is it coz I is black? on 13:18 - Dec 28 with 3559 viewsAnotherJohn

The author, Rory Smith, appears to be a racist for whom ethnicity/race is the master identity and trumps everything else.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it coz I is black? on 13:21 - Dec 28 with 3539 viewsBloodyhills

His CV didn't indicate he would be up to the job.
He wasn't up to the job.
He was consequently sacked.

As others have said he got the job because the owners and he are American.
However he got sacked not because he's American but because he couldn't do the job.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 17:40]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Is it coz I is black? on 13:36 - Dec 28 with 3482 viewsFlashberryjack

Is it coz I is black? on 12:52 - Dec 28 by sotonswan

nytimes....

If you vote for Trump you're a racist

If you vote for Brexit you're a racist

If you want an old experienced manager (let's face it probably white) then you're a racist.

I hope you're feeling thoroughly ashamed of yourselves!

Or have you started laughing at them and their hopeless broken record?

No our judgement is just fine. We can look after ourselves thanks.
Bye Bye NY Times.

It's lucky that we haven't sacked Paul Williams, Bobs partner in crime.

Then we really would be racists.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is it coz I is black? on 13:39 - Dec 28 with 3461 viewsShonky

Two paragraphs that say it all for me. Good points both.

Jenkins did not mean that Swansea is about to indulge in a period of intense self-reflection. There will be no soul-searching at the executive level about the drift that has been allowed to set in at the club over the last three years or about why Swansea’s meteoric rise has been allowed to stall so quickly.

Jenkins and his colleagues will not be asking themselves why the club has sold a host of important players, the core of the team that took Swansea into the Premier League and then established the club there, nor why they tried to replace them with a collection of waifs and strays. There will be no deep dive into performance data to try to work out where, what and who the weak links are.

Its just a ride...

Is it coz I is black? on 13:53 - Dec 28 with 3394 viewssomersetsimon

Is it coz I is black? on 13:39 - Dec 28 by Shonky

Jenkins did not mean that Swansea is about to indulge in a period of intense self-reflection. There will be no soul-searching at the executive level about the drift that has been allowed to set in at the club over the last three years or about why Swansea’s meteoric rise has been allowed to stall so quickly.

Jenkins and his colleagues will not be asking themselves why the club has sold a host of important players, the core of the team that took Swansea into the Premier League and then established the club there, nor why they tried to replace them with a collection of waifs and strays. There will be no deep dive into performance data to try to work out where, what and who the weak links are.

I agree with with the author that too many clubs go for low risk 'experienced' managers like Bruce, Allardyce, McLaren, etc. even though their records aren't great.
However, that hasn't been our approach. We've tended to give untested people a chance. Unfortunately, we're now in a position where we don't have time to take another chance.
Is it coz I is black? on 14:01 - Dec 28 with 3359 viewswestwalesed

Yup as I mentioned above the otherwise very good article was ruined by the implication that we are a racist club because we will "probably" appoint a white manager. Even though PW happens to be a black man.

Jesus. When will lefties and social justice warriors understand that this kind of patronising nonsense is the REASON that so many people vote for fringe right wing lunatics???

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Is it coz I is black? on 14:27 - Dec 28 with 3270 viewsLeonWasGod

It's quite a reasonable article on the whole, with the exception of that bizarre comment about black managers not getting a chance. It may be true but is of no relevance to the rest of the article.

Those two paragraphs are spot on though. Trouble is, the new majority shareholders don't appear to recognise what's needed. And Huw isn't going to review himself and whether we could do better with someone else in that role.
Is it coz I is black? on 14:29 - Dec 28 with 3262 viewsharryhpalmer

Is it coz I is black? on 13:18 - Dec 28 by AnotherJohn

The author, Rory Smith, appears to be a racist for whom ethnicity/race is the master identity and trumps everything else.

I don't believe that is what he is saying at all.

I think he is making the point, with Sam Allardice, that the same old faces seem to get appointed.

And in Palace's case Pardew before him, Warnock before him. Pullis. Holloway.

Look at QPR. They sack Hasselbaink who's record this season was W5 D5 L6.

Holloway W1 L6.

Look at how Chris Houghton has been treated over the years by Newcastle, Birmingham and Norwich.

Then again, Les Ferdinand isn't doing such a great job as DoF at QPR. No one mentions that, as they are too scared of the race card being used back at them.

The facts are there is a huge amount of money at stake, and so people, understandably to some extent, are risk adverse, and so go for what they know. Tried and tested - well the British owners do in the main.

Look at Watford, Southampton two clubs who have changed their managers as much, if not more than us. Always pick a name we have barely heard of, yet season after season seem to get it right.

But that's because they do their homework, and revise their strategy constantly with meticulous forward planning.

The managers they bring in all have top league experience too, and proven club experience.

Jenkins obviously hasn't done that - certainly not of late. The owners need to look at those two clubs especially on how they need to move forward.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Is it coz I is black? on 14:37 - Dec 28 with 3227 viewsHighjack

I think his biggest problem is that he's a baldy slap head.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is it coz I is black? on 15:07 - Dec 28 with 3143 viewsDewi1jack

So obvious that every newspaper has picked up on it.
Amazing that the fans picked up on it ages ago.

You could imagine the end of season review.

"Well we've sold the club without the pesky Trust finding out. We've made millions and kept well paying jobs.
Even John can keep getting shedloads of tickets for his extortionately priced cloggie tours
We got that Italian bloke on the cheap, more bonus for us.
Leigh. How's the fish and chips mate?
Looks like we can shift Williams the trouble maker out and get a decent wedge for Ayew. Get a shifty on and we can pocket the fees before the Yanks sign on the dotted.
Leigh. is the pasty any good?
Reckon we can shift Siggy and Fab out and get a decent bonus there as well.
Leigh. Pies are on the way over now butt."

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Is it coz I is black? on 15:20 - Dec 28 with 3103 viewsAnotherJohn

Is it coz I is black? on 14:29 - Dec 28 by harryhpalmer

I don't believe that is what he is saying at all.

I think he is making the point, with Sam Allardice, that the same old faces seem to get appointed.

And in Palace's case Pardew before him, Warnock before him. Pullis. Holloway.

Look at QPR. They sack Hasselbaink who's record this season was W5 D5 L6.

Holloway W1 L6.

Look at how Chris Houghton has been treated over the years by Newcastle, Birmingham and Norwich.

Then again, Les Ferdinand isn't doing such a great job as DoF at QPR. No one mentions that, as they are too scared of the race card being used back at them.

The facts are there is a huge amount of money at stake, and so people, understandably to some extent, are risk adverse, and so go for what they know. Tried and tested - well the British owners do in the main.

Look at Watford, Southampton two clubs who have changed their managers as much, if not more than us. Always pick a name we have barely heard of, yet season after season seem to get it right.

But that's because they do their homework, and revise their strategy constantly with meticulous forward planning.

The managers they bring in all have top league experience too, and proven club experience.

Jenkins obviously hasn't done that - certainly not of late. The owners need to look at those two clubs especially on how they need to move forward.

The acid test in an article like this is to 'substitute 'black' for 'white' and see if you still regard that as acceptable. The angle you mention is there, but Smith cannot resist embellishing it with a reference to race. This kind of anti-white (and more recently anti-white working class) narrative is becoming all too fashionable, and from my perspective is every bit as offensive as anti-'black' slurs. Looking at the thread I'm not the only one who noticed.
Is it coz I is black? on 15:30 - Dec 28 with 3046 viewsBanosswan

Is it coz I is black? on 15:07 - Dec 28 by Dewi1jack

So obvious that every newspaper has picked up on it.
Amazing that the fans picked up on it ages ago.

You could imagine the end of season review.

"Well we've sold the club without the pesky Trust finding out. We've made millions and kept well paying jobs.
Even John can keep getting shedloads of tickets for his extortionately priced cloggie tours
We got that Italian bloke on the cheap, more bonus for us.
Leigh. How's the fish and chips mate?
Looks like we can shift Williams the trouble maker out and get a decent wedge for Ayew. Get a shifty on and we can pocket the fees before the Yanks sign on the dotted.
Leigh. is the pasty any good?
Reckon we can shift Siggy and Fab out and get a decent bonus there as well.
Leigh. Pies are on the way over now butt."

Huw: Leigh, we've been waiting ages here, where are the pasties?
Leigh: *wipes piece of flaky pastry from cheek* I dunno Huw, I sent them over ages ago....
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 15:58]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024