Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years 22:05 - Dec 31 with 6583 viewsMyFinalHeaven

What an absolute disgrace. Surprise surprise as to where we rank.

It's no fvcking wonder why we're dead last in the table. WE ARE THE ONLY CLUB IN THE LEAGUE WHO HAVE SOLD MORE THAN WE HAVE BOUGHT.

Jenkins, the current ownership, and all those working with them should fvcking bury themselves. How they're allowed to remain in this club, much less be allowed to step foot in the city is beyond me.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2016 22:41]

Come on you Swans.

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 22:30 - Dec 31 with 4680 viewsAl_Bundy

Grave yard of ambition indeed! Swansea inward thinking is nothing new.
Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 22:40 - Dec 31 with 4626 viewsFerrieBodde

christ.

i knew we were dead last in cumulative net spend for the last 3 windows, but i didn't know we were dead last for the past 5 years too
Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 22:44 - Dec 31 with 4591 viewsmagicdaps10

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 22:40 - Dec 31 by FerrieBodde

christ.

i knew we were dead last in cumulative net spend for the last 3 windows, but i didn't know we were dead last for the past 5 years too

So again, where has all the money gone?!

If they say Fairwood and landore then i will it ram it right up their rectums, each and every one of those money grabbing barstewards who have taken our club and turned it into a money making machine for themselves.

Hang your head in shame Huw, Dinnen,Katzen,Martin M, JVZ and any other clown i have forgotten.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 23:04 - Dec 31 with 4501 viewsWingstandwood

That table is rather staggering and truly raises the question! Where has the money gone?

Argus!

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 23:06 - Dec 31 with 4479 viewsporschejack

You lot give him a nice time too , bless you all .
Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 23:14 - Dec 31 with 4437 viewsEilian

That is really interesting!

If only we had some sort of share holders on the board to represent the fans that could give us a clear indication of what is going on.........
Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 23:17 - Dec 31 with 4418 viewsNeathJack

That table doesn't take into account expensive free transfers (if that makes sense) like Ayew, Fabianski and Gomis.

But even so...
Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 23:17 - Dec 31 with 4412 viewsfbreath

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 23:06 - Dec 31 by porschejack

You lot give him a nice time too , bless you all .

What did you do today to make a difference ?

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Login to get fewer ads

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 23:27 - Dec 31 with 4350 viewsPacemaker

A bit of a skewed table because we were 13th on spending in last five years and 12th highest in sales income. There is no way we are going to be able to spend hugely compared to the big teams.

So we spent more than WBA and Stoke who have been our peers in recent years and significantly more than Bournemouth. Then about £20m less than Leicester, Sunderland and Palace. Southampton spending almost twice what we spend somewhat knocks their academy being a supply line out of the window.

The table does not include Newcastle, Villa and others who spent a lot over the years.

Doesn't really show we haven't spent but does show we have sold rather well compared to others.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 00:04 - Jan 1 with 4244 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 23:17 - Dec 31 by NeathJack

That table doesn't take into account expensive free transfers (if that makes sense) like Ayew, Fabianski and Gomis.

But even so...

And neither does it take it into account for all the other clubs. It's a fair table.

Come on you Swans.

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 00:39 - Jan 1 with 4146 viewsNeathJack

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 00:04 - Jan 1 by MyFinalHeaven

And neither does it take it into account for all the other clubs. It's a fair table.

Indeed.
Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 00:42 - Jan 1 with 4124 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We've spent a fortune paying off failed managers and their staff.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 00:48 - Jan 1 with 4093 viewsEilian

According to this then Hull have invested over £55M more in their squad over the last 5 years.

£82M difference between us and Sunderland.......

Jesus H Christ
Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 00:53 - Jan 1 with 4066 viewsChief

Well...

Well with the 'free' transfer signings, that makes us slightly down on transfers. Now also add in that 80% of our incomings go on wages and there isn't much left. Along with that the training centres, the odd dividend and paying off managers...

By my calculations, that leaves us about even. So as much as I'd love to use this as stock to beat off the previous board, I don't think we can?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 01:48 - Jan 1 with 3931 viewsE20Jack

Lets also not forget the amazing deal Huw struck with our managers agent for reasons only he knows, where we gifted him a chunky % of any profit from player sales, even those nothing to do with him or brought in way before he got here. Who knows what other bizarre deals he has struck with other agents to dwindle away any income.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 07:06 - Jan 1 with 3818 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 00:39 - Jan 1 by NeathJack

Indeed.

Certainly.

Come on you Swans.

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 07:50 - Jan 1 with 3775 viewsEasternJack

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 23:27 - Dec 31 by Pacemaker

A bit of a skewed table because we were 13th on spending in last five years and 12th highest in sales income. There is no way we are going to be able to spend hugely compared to the big teams.

So we spent more than WBA and Stoke who have been our peers in recent years and significantly more than Bournemouth. Then about £20m less than Leicester, Sunderland and Palace. Southampton spending almost twice what we spend somewhat knocks their academy being a supply line out of the window.

The table does not include Newcastle, Villa and others who spent a lot over the years.

Doesn't really show we haven't spent but does show we have sold rather well compared to others.

F you for being sensible.

Get with the program and drink the koolade already. Failing that, go out and get a subscription to the daily mail like the Tim foil hat brigade on here.

Our finances are fecked because we rely on 1 revenue stream - the gap has o be bridged through balancing transfer deals. A very precarious model.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 7:53]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 08:21 - Jan 1 with 3729 viewssomersetsimon

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 00:53 - Jan 1 by Chief

Well...

Well with the 'free' transfer signings, that makes us slightly down on transfers. Now also add in that 80% of our incomings go on wages and there isn't much left. Along with that the training centres, the odd dividend and paying off managers...

By my calculations, that leaves us about even. So as much as I'd love to use this as stock to beat off the previous board, I don't think we can?

It's only a disgrace if the club was making a lots of profit over that period and was sitting on lots of cash in the bank. If our accounts show that we genuinely don't have the money, then there's not much we can do.
Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 09:51 - Jan 1 with 3525 viewsLeonWasGod

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 23:17 - Dec 31 by NeathJack

But even so...

And the ridiculously high wages relative to income. And the money peed up the wall on compensation. It looks like we needed to sell to just fund operating costs. That's where the small ground and p1ss poor commercial department has hurt us.

I would like to see how much has gone to the owners though. I know people are rightly p1ssed off with them, but surely there's only so much can be 'lost' to printing contracts and the like. We still have legal requirements to show all that in the accounts.
Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 10:46 - Jan 1 with 3389 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 00:42 - Jan 1 by Joe_bradshaw

We've spent a fortune paying off failed managers and their staff.

Or our abortion transfers like Paloschi, Eder, Baston...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 11:00 - Jan 1 with 3341 viewsPacemaker

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 07:50 - Jan 1 by EasternJack

F you for being sensible.

Get with the program and drink the koolade already. Failing that, go out and get a subscription to the daily mail like the Tim foil hat brigade on here.

Our finances are fecked because we rely on 1 revenue stream - the gap has o be bridged through balancing transfer deals. A very precarious model.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 7:53]

It's been said for sometime including by HJ but it doesn't fit the agenda of the" people in the know".

I don't think our recruitment on or off the field has been sensible, and the cheap option may turn out to be a massive error and cost a lot more in the long term. I don't think people have any real idea of what has been going on in the boardroom and the truth will come out with the accounts.

The reality is it was their money invested and their business, they took the plaudits they have to now accept the brickbats if they can't show they we're running the business in the best way for the long time security of the club.

The "our club" rubbish was just that, we are customers of a multi million pound business, fans of a money making machine like all fans we believe it is our club and as Wimbledon showed you can just be moved on the whim of an owner.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 11:26 - Jan 1 with 3238 viewsJokeren1943

Developing players in Swansea, is seen as a tool to get money, not as a tool to reinvest and make the Swansea squad stronger. Swansea have had succes with this in the short run (made money) but in the longer term it will allways be a failure.

Goalkeeper
Swansea has a great goalkeeper in Fab.

Defense
Swansea have traditional had a outstanding leader in defense with Williams. When the club knew for a long time (many years) Williams wanted to try something new, why not use 1-2 years to find a prober replacement before he leave. A good general never comes cheap. Spent 8-12 million on a new one.

Midfield
Swansea has allways lacked a real quality defensive midfielder in PL. A good strong defender linking up with the defense - and a player who could counter the fast counterattacks of the other teams. Swansea desperate need an experinced general on the midfield - with a brain. Dyer and Britton are over the hill, replace them with new players, don't just renew their contracts.

Attack
Swansea have beside Bony have never had a quality striker in PL. And Swansea have never had a capable backup striker.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 11:28]
Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 11:41 - Jan 1 with 3157 viewsWatchman

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 11:26 - Jan 1 by Jokeren1943

Developing players in Swansea, is seen as a tool to get money, not as a tool to reinvest and make the Swansea squad stronger. Swansea have had succes with this in the short run (made money) but in the longer term it will allways be a failure.

Goalkeeper
Swansea has a great goalkeeper in Fab.

Defense
Swansea have traditional had a outstanding leader in defense with Williams. When the club knew for a long time (many years) Williams wanted to try something new, why not use 1-2 years to find a prober replacement before he leave. A good general never comes cheap. Spent 8-12 million on a new one.

Midfield
Swansea has allways lacked a real quality defensive midfielder in PL. A good strong defender linking up with the defense - and a player who could counter the fast counterattacks of the other teams. Swansea desperate need an experinced general on the midfield - with a brain. Dyer and Britton are over the hill, replace them with new players, don't just renew their contracts.

Attack
Swansea have beside Bony have never had a quality striker in PL. And Swansea have never had a capable backup striker.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 11:28]

Defence comments spot on
Midfield ask hj why Kante and Allen were not seen as viable signings
Forwards maybe if so much money was not wasted on compo, dividends etc the club could have afforded better back ups

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 11:43 - Jan 1 with 3144 viewsjojaca

I dont mind being bottom of this table, it shows we are a well run club. I would rather break even in Championship than be in debt of £50 million plus in Premier League.

We have had a good run of buying low and selling high and we are falling short of late. None of us could have imagined six seasons in Premier League and still maybe more if Clements can get the confidence back in the squad and a couple of welcome additions.

Even when you know, you never know?

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 13:20 - Jan 1 with 2980 viewsawayjack

Net spend of all Premier League clubs in the last 5 years on 11:43 - Jan 1 by jojaca

I dont mind being bottom of this table, it shows we are a well run club. I would rather break even in Championship than be in debt of £50 million plus in Premier League.

We have had a good run of buying low and selling high and we are falling short of late. None of us could have imagined six seasons in Premier League and still maybe more if Clements can get the confidence back in the squad and a couple of welcome additions.

A well run club? Funny.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024