Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carl Jenkinson to Palace 10:02 - Jan 13 with 2335 viewsAngelRangelQS

Good player I think. Wouldn't have minded him here. Not really a priority position this window though
Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 10:14 - Jan 13 with 2308 viewsWarwickHunt

Apparently for £3m. We paid £5m for Naughton...
Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 10:18 - Jan 13 with 2293 viewsLeonWasGod

Looked ok on loan to West Ham. They did better with him in the team than they are this year (not that he's the sole reason, obviously).
Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 10:31 - Jan 13 with 2266 viewsAngelRangelQS

Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 10:14 - Jan 13 by WarwickHunt

Apparently for £3m. We paid £5m for Naughton...

..and are paying £5m for Olsson.

Personally I don't mind Naughton. Think he's been one of the better players this year.

In terms of prices, it's all swings and roundabouts really isn't it. Narsingh looks a decent enough player and we've picked him up for £4m, yet palace are looking to sign Jeff Schlup for £12m. I know Narsingh is out of contract in the summer but still...
Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 10:36 - Jan 13 with 2235 viewsDevz00

I couldn't believe it when I saw he was going to Palace for only 3m. The lure of London is too strong though, it's difficult for us to compete with London clubs after the same sort of players as us. Plus Sam had him at West Ham.

Agreed with your view on Naughton too, ARQS, I think he’s been one of the better performers.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 11:18 - Jan 13 with 2174 viewsDyfnant

I wanted him here before we signed KN. However from the relatively little I've seen of CJ since his 1st loan, I'd say he's gone backwards. Certainly not an upgrade on KN

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 11:46 - Jan 13 with 2137 viewsAussieSwan

Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 11:18 - Jan 13 by Dyfnant

I wanted him here before we signed KN. However from the relatively little I've seen of CJ since his 1st loan, I'd say he's gone backwards. Certainly not an upgrade on KN

What about replacing Rangel? Obviously he's getting on and should've been replaced a long time ago, but he's still on the periphery of the first team. However he wouldn't have more than 1.5 seasons left you'd think (even though we just gave him a contract extension)

I guess it depends on whether we're in PL or Championship next season, but when Rangel hangs up the boots and needs to be replaced, should we be:

1) Looking at signing an understudy to Naughton?
2) Signing a nailed-on first teamer (i.e. better than Naughton)? or;
3) Promoting a youth team player (i.e. someone like Tyler Reid)?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 11:47 - Jan 13 with 2131 viewspencoedjack

Will be a decent player for them in the championship

#positive
Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 11:59 - Jan 13 with 2095 viewsJango

Thought they had 2 pretty decent right backs already. They've got bigger issues to solve than right back
Login to get fewer ads

Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 14:08 - Jan 13 with 1963 viewsoldcob

Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 11:59 - Jan 13 by Jango

Thought they had 2 pretty decent right backs already. They've got bigger issues to solve than right back

Too right Jango. He'd be better in a stronger defence where he can go forward at will without worrying about the gap behind him. He's an attacking full back and they need a full back who is more defensive IMO.
Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 14:38 - Jan 13 with 1932 viewsDevz00

Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 14:08 - Jan 13 by oldcob

Too right Jango. He'd be better in a stronger defence where he can go forward at will without worrying about the gap behind him. He's an attacking full back and they need a full back who is more defensive IMO.

Fair point. It’s interesting that they’re looking at Patrick Van Aarnholt too. Another one who’s good going forward but can’t defend.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 15:24 - Jan 13 with 1860 viewstheloneranger

Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 14:38 - Jan 13 by Devz00

Fair point. It’s interesting that they’re looking at Patrick Van Aarnholt too. Another one who’s good going forward but can’t defend.

Plus Palace are trying to sign Patrice Evra

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 16:12 - Jan 13 with 1814 viewsharryhpalmer

Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 10:18 - Jan 13 by LeonWasGod

Looked ok on loan to West Ham. They did better with him in the team than they are this year (not that he's the sole reason, obviously).

I sit opposite a West Ham ST holder at work.

He says Jenkinson was good first season they had him on loan. then his form dropped massively the next.

Next to him sits an Arsenal ST holder. He says he is a confidence player. And when that goes, he just a bit sh1te.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Carl Jenkinson to Palace on 16:37 - Jan 13 with 1777 viewsmax936

They've signed Jeffery Schlupp and he goes straight into the squad for tomorrow, we buy a player who can't play tomorrow cause he's injured and we are desperate for new blood in the team ffs typical of us.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024