Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leroy Fer 22:03 - Jan 31 with 11905 viewsGaz_M

A player who's come in for a lot of criticism this season - some deserved, most undeserved.

He had a superb game this evening. Sharp in the tackle (embarrassing Cork showing how it's done), good on the ball, and drove forward at times.

He's already been a good signing. Hopefully he continues to improve under a proper manager.
Leroy Fer on 14:13 - Feb 2 with 3354 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Leroy Fer on 12:24 - Feb 2 by WandererJack

PROS
Goal threat
Good passer
Good tackler
Great vision

CONS
Tires after 70 minutes.
Doesn't track runners reliably.

Fer has been a great value signing. A bargain, in fact.

AGREED
However id say 60 min

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Leroy Fer on 14:34 - Feb 2 with 3327 views34dfgdf54

Leroy Fer on 19:24 - Feb 1 by AussieSwan

rapt to see him back in the first XI. Yes he's been hot and cold, but being played out of position, particularly by Bradley, does not help. Offensively he definitely think he gives us another outlet, six goals and a few assists will attest to that

Notice that when our wingers get to wide positions he is always pushing into the box to try and get on the end of the crosses - see Llorente's 2nd goal at Anfield, for example. He's also always one of the first to get around the goalscorers after they hit the back of the net.

Think he loves the players, the fans, and the club as well. I'm a big fan of him.

Similar to Routledge, he may have found a home here after various spells around on loan. Good on him, I still wouldn't say he's a guaranteed starter here mind you, but a very good squad player.
Leroy Fer on 14:49 - Feb 2 with 3303 viewsWandererJack

Leroy Fer on 14:13 - Feb 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

AGREED
However id say 60 min

Call it 65 and you have yourself a deal.
Leroy Fer on 15:09 - Feb 2 with 3274 viewsDr_Winston

He's the closest the current side has to a De Guzman. Someone capable of chipping in with a decent supply of goals and assists and also switching us from defence to attack with one long or short pass.

Like De Guzman he also seems destined to remain wholly underappreciated by many who can't or won't see what he brings to the side.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leroy Fer on 15:16 - Feb 2 with 3260 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Leroy Fer on 14:49 - Feb 2 by WandererJack

Call it 65 and you have yourself a deal.

done

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Leroy Fer on 16:12 - Feb 2 with 3217 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Leroy Fer on 08:00 - Feb 1 by pencoedjack

I have to agree about Cork, there was a post last night said he done the simple things right ..... The poster obviously watched a different game to me.

Back to subject, as the Dr says has come in for unfair criticism this season but I do wish he would cut out the fancy stuff around the 18 yard box he is defending.

Chris Wathan bizarrely named Cork MOTM.

I thought he was somewhere in the middle.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Leroy Fer on 11:27 - Feb 3 with 3034 viewsDrizzy

Brilliant revisionism as ever from the usual suspects. Fer has chipped in a handful of important goals but has flattered to deceive for most of the season. Nice to see him improve the last couple of games along with the rest of the midfield but Tom Carroll has shown he's much better fit for us already. Fer shouldn't be more than a squad player going forward and - rightly or wrongly - will always be known as the midfielder we skimped out on instead of signing Allen.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Leroy Fer on 11:29 - Feb 3 with 3023 viewsDrizzy

Leroy Fer on 15:09 - Feb 2 by Dr_Winston

He's the closest the current side has to a De Guzman. Someone capable of chipping in with a decent supply of goals and assists and also switching us from defence to attack with one long or short pass.

Like De Guzman he also seems destined to remain wholly underappreciated by many who can't or won't see what he brings to the side.

Oh goodness. Still can't grasp that others have a different opinion than you? Fer isn't some underappreciated maverick, neither was de Guzman. The only similarities between the two are their nationality and your burgeoning semi.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Login to get fewer ads

Leroy Fer on 12:15 - Feb 3 with 2987 viewsswancity

Leroy Fer on 11:29 - Feb 3 by Drizzy

Oh goodness. Still can't grasp that others have a different opinion than you? Fer isn't some underappreciated maverick, neither was de Guzman. The only similarities between the two are their nationality and your burgeoning semi.

😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Leroy Fer on 23:09 - Feb 3 with 2842 viewskarnataka

Leroy Fer on 11:29 - Feb 3 by Drizzy

You should pay more attention as you clearly haven't even noticed that they're both black.
Leroy Fer on 23:26 - Feb 3 with 2816 viewskarnataka

Fer likes to play the ball quickly and I think he's benefited greatly from having Tom Carroll alongside him because he does too. I'm sure our much improved coaching has helped but I do feel Fer & Carroll work well off each other and together keep us playing at a higher tempo than we've seen for most of this season.
Leroy Fer on 23:28 - Feb 3 with 2810 viewsMurph75

Leroy Fer on 23:09 - Feb 3 by karnataka

You should pay more attention as you clearly haven't even noticed that they're both black.

Whats the colour of their skin got to do with anything? Would you have mentioned this if they were both white?
Leroy Fer on 23:32 - Feb 3 with 2802 viewsStarsky

Leroy Fer on 23:28 - Feb 3 by Murph75

Whats the colour of their skin got to do with anything? Would you have mentioned this if they were both white?

I think his remark was tongue in cheek Murph

It's just the internet, init.

Leroy Fer on 23:33 - Feb 3 with 2798 viewsMurph75

Leroy Fer on 23:32 - Feb 3 by Starsky

I don't think it was Starks.

P.s have you found your specs?
Leroy Fer on 23:39 - Feb 3 with 2789 viewsItchySphincter

Leroy Fer on 11:27 - Feb 3 by Drizzy

Brilliant revisionism as ever from the usual suspects. Fer has chipped in a handful of important goals but has flattered to deceive for most of the season. Nice to see him improve the last couple of games along with the rest of the midfield but Tom Carroll has shown he's much better fit for us already. Fer shouldn't be more than a squad player going forward and - rightly or wrongly - will always be known as the midfielder we skimped out on instead of signing Allen.

Oh. My. God.

Surpassed your own nincompoopery there Newp.

There's some crap written on here, a lot of intentional, but it's not often that the Itchy one is lost for words. Fair play.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Leroy Fer on 02:48 - Feb 4 with 3300 viewskarnataka

Leroy Fer on 23:32 - Feb 3 by Starsky

Of course it was, and how bizarre that anyone would think otherwise.
Leroy Fer on 07:05 - Feb 4 with 3271 viewsjack247

One of those players that probably should be in the side, but difficult to accommodate. His best position is probably the #10 role we don't really play anymore.

If Clement can find a way of playing him that doesn't unbalance the team he could be an important player for us.
Leroy Fer on 09:39 - Feb 4 with 3240 viewsDr_Winston

Newps and Neddy. I'm sure John Kennedy Toole wrote a book about you two.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leroy Fer on 09:41 - Feb 4 with 3238 viewsWarwickHunt

Leroy Fer on 09:39 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

Newps and Neddy. I'm sure John Kennedy Toole wrote a book about you two.

One of the funniest books ever written.

Have an up arrow, old fruit.
Leroy Fer on 10:24 - Feb 4 with 3212 viewsMurph75

Leroy Fer on 02:48 - Feb 4 by karnataka

Of course it was, and how bizarre that anyone would think otherwise.

We both know it wasn't.
Leroy Fer on 16:21 - Feb 4 with 3148 viewskarnataka

Leroy Fer on 10:24 - Feb 4 by Murph75

We both know it wasn't.

Wrong. I KNOW it was, you THINK it wasn't. 100% fact.

Listen, I'm not going to argue over this but I will explain it to you because the subtle humour clearly passed you by. Drizzy made a statement that the only thing Fer & de Guzman had in common was their nationality and all I did was to jokingly point out another rather more obvious one that he had obviously missed. Nothing more, nothing less. If you want to read more into that than was ever there, be my guest but thankfully, I reckon everyone except you realised what I meant.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2017 21:22]
Leroy Fer on 17:27 - Feb 4 with 3126 viewsStarsky

Leroy Fer on 10:24 - Feb 4 by Murph75

We both know it wasn't.

I may need glasses but feck me... what's happened to you?

It's just the internet, init.

Leroy Fer on 17:59 - Feb 12 with 3017 viewsGaz_M

Between him, Mawson and Olsson for MOTM at the moment.

He's showing a bit of everything. Class, drive to get forward, excellent ball retention and gets the tackles in. He's showing Cork and Carroll the way forward at the moment (and that isn't anything against TC, he's doing well - but not a patch on this boy at the moment).

Fer is becoming absolutely integral to the PC way of playing.
Leroy Fer on 18:00 - Feb 12 with 3009 viewsFireboy

Leroy Fer on 17:59 - Feb 12 by Gaz_M

He's showing a bit of everything. Class, drive to get forward, excellent ball retention and gets the tackles in. He's showing Cork and Carroll the way forward at the moment (and that isn't anything against TC, he's doing well - but not a patch on this boy at the moment).

Playing the full 90 and running his blood to water
Leroy Fer on 18:07 - Feb 12 with 2972 viewsPozuelosSideys

Leroy Fer on 17:59 - Feb 12 by Gaz_M

WTF are you talking about? QPR and Norwich fans said he was gash, and they know everything.

But, but, but...

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024